47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I do have it on good information that the sample the FBI is using can supposedly eliminate someone, but not necessarily do a complete match. But it's not as if the Seattle FBI is open and forthcoming on a lot of items. Sometimes yes, mostly no.

Hopefully you and many others are aware a young American in an Italian prison may soon be released after film showed how faulty the DNA was - taken from evidence at a murder scene.

1. A bra clasp was handled with soiled gloves and past around thru several agents on site and then put back on the carpet. The agents where filmed doing this.

2. A knife having DNA of the victim on the tip of the blade and the supposed murderer on the handle also had been mishandled....I dozed off, so maybe someone else can fill this in.

In other words I did not see the clip in its entirety nor pay much attention, but it got my attention when I saw the clip of the bra clasp being handed around.

Hm, this case has been in the news for years and there is far more wrong than just the DNA [:/]

From what I understand the problem with the bra clip - as I understand it, someone following the case correct me if I am wrong - is that the DNA sample appears to have come from contamination, i.e. another sample of the suspect's DNA ended up on the bra clip because they were not careful. So you can't link this to a positive in the Cooper case, unless the Cooper suspect happened to have DNA somewhere in the vicinity that was transferred??

As for Knox's DNA - the girl was a flatmate, I would find it unusual if they had not found traces of her DNA. Anyway the defense argument is that on the the knife, there was not enough of a sample to confirm that it was her DNA and not someone else's. Again not relevant to Cooper unless and until someone is a match and wants to defend it on the grounds that the sample is not complete enough.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'Supposedly the FBI talks to writers, but not to people who have real suspects. I do not understand why the FBI is so impartial when it come to who it gives information to. A certain writer has claimed to have spent a lot of time with the Agent of Record - Curtis Eng, but someone like me who is not in this for profit or fame can't even get a response to a simple emaill...'

I'll assume by 'a certain writer' you mean Alex Hannaford. His article is due to appear tomorrow online. He's the most recent person to get an interview with Eng. I think it comes out in either the Daily Mail or the Guardian, I have notes but I am not on my office computer at the moment. Because England is (I think) ten hours ahead of Seattle time, it's possible the article may appear online by this evening late.

For the anti-KC fans, I believe Eng will have comments on why they don't think it was Christiansen. That's expected. Of course, this comes to you from the same folks who once swore Cooper was Richard McCoy and now believe Cooper died in the jump. And we won't go into the Amboy chute thing, which (again) has not been addressed well by the Seattle FBI, IMHO.

For The Record: I am fully prepared to accept the fact that Kenneth Peter Christiansen was NOT DB Cooper. The only thing I ask is definitive, 100%-verifiable information that eliminates him as a suspect. That is not too much to ask, and I think it's quite fair. In the event that KC is absolutely proven not to be Cooper, I will pull the book. My only satisfaction would come from helping to bring enough attention to him to help eliminate him once and for all.

That's not much, but I suppose it would have to do. I have never been able to say for sure KC was the guy. A final answer on him would at least bring closure to the theories. Maybe Eng knows something we don't know...something that will finally eliminate Christiansen.

Amanda Knox: It's a complex case. Her initial verbal confession was thrown out, but not her five-page manifesto she gave to the Italian police. Her courtroom antics were beyond belief. Then she testified she came home and found blood all over the carpet and in the bathroom - and took a shower anyway. The jury found this strange, and so do I. Her false implication of Lumumba, who lost his nightclub and spent two weeks in jail, didn't help her case, as well as doing cartwheels and the splits at the police station while waiting to be questioned on the murder.

Personally, I think she deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail. But that's just me. Even after all of this, it is possible that Knox will be released anyway.

I wouldn't want to be her NEXT roommate.

Ahhh, but will Gort and Klattu be returning to
Murengey, any time soon! ?

Earth free at last! Free at last!

Tell us the inside story _ Nancy B.

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'Supposedly the FBI talks to writers, but not to people who have real suspects. I do not understand why the FBI is so impartial when it come to who it gives information to. A certain writer has claimed to have spent a lot of time with the Agent of Record - Curtis Eng, but someone like me who is not in this for profit or fame can't even get a response to a simple emaill...'

I'll assume by 'a certain writer' you mean Alex Hannaford. His article is due to appear tomorrow online. He's the most recent person to get an interview with Eng. I think it comes out in either the Daily Mail or the Guardian, I have notes but I am not on my office computer at the moment. Because England is (I think) ten hours ahead of Seattle time, it's possible the article may appear online by this evening late.

For the anti-KC fans, I believe Eng will have comments on why they don't think it was Christiansen. That's expected. Of course, this comes to you from the same folks who once swore Cooper was Richard McCoy and now believe Cooper died in the jump. And we won't go into the Amboy chute thing, which (again) has not been addressed well by the Seattle FBI, IMHO.

For The Record: I am fully prepared to accept the fact that Kenneth Peter Christiansen was NOT DB Cooper. The only thing I ask is definitive, 100%-verifiable information that eliminates him as a suspect. That is not too much to ask, and I think it's quite fair. In the event that KC is absolutely proven not to be Cooper, I will pull the book. My only satisfaction would come from helping to bring enough attention to him to help eliminate him once and for all.

That's not much, but I suppose it would have to do. I have never been able to say for sure KC was the guy. A final answer on him would at least bring closure to the theories. Maybe Eng knows something we don't know...something that will finally eliminate Christiansen.

Amanda Knox: It's a complex case. Her initial verbal confession was thrown out, but not her five-page manifesto she gave to the Italian police. Her courtroom antics were beyond belief. Then she testified she came home and found blood all over the carpet and in the bathroom - and took a shower anyway. The jury found this strange, and so do I. Her false implication of Lumumba, who lost his nightclub and spent two weeks in jail, didn't help her case, as well as doing cartwheels and the splits at the police station while waiting to be questioned on the murder.

Personally, I think she deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail. But that's just me. Even after all of this, it is possible that Knox will be released anyway.

Well, since Georger decided to re-print/re-quote/re-iterate my entire post without any real comment, I just did the same thing.

It's like the Twilight Zone around here sometimes, I swear.

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination...beyond it lies another dimension. You've just crossed over into...The DZ Zone..."

(*Insert wrap on theme music here*)'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'

I will obey!

Dont beat me anymore.

Please let me wife and children go!

Skyjack 71 says in part:

Well, since Georger decided to re-print/re-quote/re-iterate my entire post without any real comment, I just did the same thing.

It's like the Twilight Zone around here sometimes, I swear.

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination...beyond it lies another dimension. You've just crossed over into...The DZ Zone..."

(*Insert wrap on theme music here*)

I will obey!

Dont beat me anymore.

Please let me wife and children go!

I'd settle for two things. Learning how to use cut and paste properly, instead of subjecting thread readers to the same post in its entirety.

And an intelligent comment instead of an insult, at least once in a while. You've done the latter so many times, it's not only overkill...it's probably becoming tiresome to everyone.

Hey! I'm blonde. Remember? Have the intelligence of a sixth grader you said.

Did you say: Tiresome ?

Look in the mirror, pretty boy.

This is Peggy. Georger is on vacation. Can I help
you?

For The Record: I am fully prepared to accept the fact that Kenneth Peter Christiansen was NOT DB Cooper. The only thing I ask is definitive, 100%-verifiable information that eliminates him as a suspect. That is not too much to ask, and I think it's quite fair.

Exactly what I have requested from the FBI for 15 yrs...and no DICE.

By the way I was NOT in any way referring to the London guy, I had forgot all about him. Yet, he is another person who was granted an interview by the FBI.

There are others who for some strange reason get "lots" of time with the FBI and I just do NOT understand this. Is it because I can't provide them with a place in a book or a movie? There is NO reason for the FBI to preference other individuals with suspects over another for one on one interviews. Especially if the suspect is no more suspect than Weber or whoever.

I don't even ask for 100 percent proof like you do - but I do NEED to know what they base the dismissal of Weber on. It needs to be definitive - and perhaps the agent of record doesn't know that the FBI never explained anything about Duane to me.

The only thing was told was just Carron his cell on the way to a TV interview. What he told me is NOT what was released to the media. I wrote it down and I have never forgot it.

Multiple particial dna's!

Maybe Eng knows something we don't know...something that will finally eliminate Christiansen.

I want him to meet with me eye to eye as he has with writers and tell me WHY Duane could NOT be Cooper. I want to see a detailed report on the DNA. Such a report has NEVER been provided to the public and it should be. I also want to see Duane's Jefferson prison record and any information they have on hin that the FBI obtain on their own. A one paragraph letter dated 1998 is insufficient.
They did not even have any pictures of Duane Weber other than his prison shots...The Duane I knew looked little like those mug shots - therefore showing those to any witness was futile.

As for the Knox case what I mentioned on the thread was all I knew. I was in the office when I heard the TV in the living room and caught only the part I mentioned in my post about DNA. I know nothing else about the case.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

For The Record: I am fully prepared to accept the fact that Kenneth Peter Christiansen was NOT DB Cooper. The only thing I ask is definitive, 100%-verifiable information that eliminates him as a suspect. That is not too much to ask, and I think it's quite fair.

Wrong. It IS too much to ask, and it is not fair. It's completely ridiculous. Can you imagine if the FBI had to run after every Tom, Dick and Harry who said "prove X, Y or Z" was not Cooper (or the Zodiac Killer, or or or).

There is a reason the burden of proof lies the way it does. But 377 can deal with this much more eloquently.

Hey! I'm blonde. Remember? Have the intelligence of a sixth grader you said.

Did you say: Tiresome ?

Look in the mirror, pretty boy.

This is Peggy. Georger is on vacation. Can I help
you?

Cute Georger, but it does get very tiresome, but you fuel and add to this by repeating his posts in their entirety.

A lesson from the DUMB BLONDE:
Hit Quote;

Then highlight text that is not necessary and hit delete:

What is left is the phrase or statment you want to address which you make sure has reply infront of it and /reply behind it.

You have an immense about of education - so you are just being a "Peggy" about this. You just want to annoy Blevins. :o
Right:)
At any rate - why would the FBI grant interviews with writers who are writing about a subject? It is not like the writer is investigating all of the subjects - he has his own agenda. Why privey one individual over someone like me who Eng has never spoke to and who has NEVER been given an explanation by the FBI regarding my own husband who confessed.

Why do they give him explanations and details about the crime when what he is doing is for profit. I don't get it.

Today is a SAD DAY. I pulled out some CD's to play and put on a Bing Crosby. I kept listening and - WAS 100% sure that WAS not Bing. Sure enough - what was in the container was a Frank Sinatra CD.

This was songs Duane used to sing...and one reason it got my attention. I searched thru my covers and never found the cover for this CD...I did not remember owning this CD although I have LP of this.

Listening to the songs - I started to cry because it has been a bad 30 days for me. I feel terrible and there have been so many problems regarding my health and the not being able to deal with Geeko (deliberately mispelled) who was the insurer of the other party.

Life seems so unfair. The FBI providing lengthy private multi interviews to writers with their own subjects is more than I am able to handle. This is typical of the "new" FBI...they are all qeeks who think it is all done by computer and not dealing one on one with witnesses.

When an FBI agent does things like this - it is just unacceptable.
Don't they realize this man will use the interviews in his book or do they NOT know he is a writer.
I don't get it. At any rate the FBI needs to cease this kind of activity. If they can NOT provide a widow with documentations regarding the investigation of her husband then they don't need to be talking about the case to writers of books.

There seems to be something very very unethethical about this.
Unless someone can give me a good explanation for their actions I am making a FORMAL complaint to the agent's superior and the director of the FBI.

If the agent cannot talk to the wife of a subject then they do NOT need to be disclosing information to a writer about his subject or other subjects....I need answers. In other words I am at the breaking point and my knowledge of the 'exchange'' with a writer and the FBI are more than I can handle.

I have been aware of this for a couple of yrs, but now seems to be the time to address it. When The Puppet Master has tired of playing with his puppets he puts them in a trunk and stores them in the attic. I have not been his only puppet...some of you have also surrendered to the playful tug of his strings.

Seems like Blevin has to get the last word in and he can't even figure out that KC is NOT Cooper.
He ignores all of the obvious.

Height
Eye Color
Visiblity (employee of N.W)
Witness ID's
Forehead

I still have NOT seen one word of credit given to the DZ about their contributions regarding FACTS that Blevins just totally screwed up about the crime itself until the DZ forced him to see the light and do a rewrite.

Wow, I can still ryhme - amazing!

Todays younger society has a warped sense of caring. No one checks on their elderly neighbors or even offers to help them out once in awhile. How so Typical of this generation that borrows and borrows and expects their parents and grandparent or Uncle Sam to support them.

When I had my surgery - I drove myself over the night before and then stayed in a hotel for 2 days after I was released. Not one of them offered to take me over or pick me up - it was not the matter of a $50 cab ride each way - who wants to let a cabbie know you are going to be in the hospital for a few days?

The FBI and the writers are so disconnected to Cooper they would not be able to ID Cooper if they had a signed confession and physical evidence put in their hands. Well, I can't produce a signed confession, but the FBI could help facilitate a statement of evidence if they had the inclination to solve the case. I am not going to bother to explain what I am talking about - no one GETS it anyway.

Getting old is hell because there comes a time when you have to give things up. Well, I am not giving up the search for the truth about Weber, until I get equal time face to face with the Seattle FBI agent of record - Eng. I also want access to everything others have been given access to. Plus I want to see the records on Duane Weber - all of them and in detail.

When we have viewed the files and ask our immediate questions a second interview will be required. After the interview and our having discussed among ourselves the things the FBI agent tells us, a second interview to address any question we have and this gives Eng time to address the questions we produce in the 1st interview.

I say "we" because of my age now I am not as sharp as I would need to be to go up against the FBI and to compete with the abililties of a writer to throw timely questions out. On the thread I can go back and edit my post - but you have to be thinking on your feet when you talk to someone in person.

This is fair. There have been mulitple interviews between the FBI agent and the writer...so we won't be getting Equal Time.

I believe the director of the FBI would be appalled to know this agent has sat with writers, but never spoke to one of the pricipals regarding a subject.

Well, I guess a girl can dream! As one gets older the you dream more and nightmares just don't exist anymore.

PS
I have been quiet on certain issues because I just let themselves play out over the last few yrs - but, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH when it comes to the FBI and their actions regarding me and yet, open the doors to the media. That is appalling and it is unethical.

It is time for me to take a final stand and I will do so...I won't be around to see how it plays out, but maybe I will be able to live out my last days in peace, knowing I have done all I could do.

Strangers In The Night

Day of Wine and Roses
Moon River
Three Coins in a Fountain
All The Way
The Way You Looked Tonight
SwingingOn A star

There was a CD called The very Good Years -
on this was
The Last Dance, Night and Day, Luck be a Lady, It Was a Very Good Year, Strangers In the Night and others

This CD is missing, but I have the case. Wonder how I could find another one?

Looks like something is happening....Have you guys seen this?

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/FBI-checking-our-most-promising-lead-in-D-B-1666409.php

From the above article:
"The name of a man not previously investigated was given to the FBI, and an item that belongs to him was sent for fingerprint work at the agency's Quantico, Va., forensic lab, agency spokeswoman Ayn Sandalo Dietrich told seattlepi.com Saturday.

A law enforcement collegue spoke with someone who may have a strong connection to Cooper, and that law enforcment staffer contacted the FBI, Sandalo Dietrich said."

Could this be referencing the marshall that Vicki talked to about Mel???.......Or someone not even on the DZ radar??
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Looks like something is happening....Have you guys seen this?

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/FBI-checking-our-most-promising-lead-in-D-B-1666409.php

From the above article:
"The name of a man not previously investigated was given to the FBI, and an item that belongs to him was sent for fingerprint work at the agency's Quantico, Va., forensic lab, agency spokeswoman Ayn Sandalo Dietrich told seattlepi.com Saturday.

A law enforcement collegue spoke with someone who may have a strong connection to Cooper, and that law enforcment staffer contacted the FBI, Sandalo Dietrich said."

Could this be referencing the marshall that Vicki talked to about Mel???.......Or someone not even on the DZ radar??

another article...this one is pretty interesting from Alex Hannaford...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667855/The-40-year-mystery-of-Americas-greatest-skyjacking.html
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

another article...this one is pretty interesting from Alex Hannaford...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667855/The-40-year-mystery-of-Americas-greatest-skyjacking.html

Haha ...notes this thread bears testimony to "the infighting and bitchiness of Cooper sleuths"!!

Still working my way through the articles. As we know FBI confirming the DNA samples can only exclude suspects, not confirm anyone.

Blevins, you said you have read them? You do realize both articles said it is a name that has not come up before. So how can it be Christiansen?

Possibilities: vicki's dad, Jamie found the briefcase eventually, or someone completely off our radar. Ah, wouldn't a partial DNA match throw the cat among the pigeons here....

The article references an "item" so I'm assuming that this is an object as opposed to fingerprint cards, So what has been sent? I know that Vicki talked to the federal marshall, but I can't remember if she forwarded anything to them. Vicki??

Blevins - didn't you say something was sent via Porteus/Lyle? Of course - with Christiansen the "someone they haven't looked at before" makes me pause. Unless, of course, they just did a cursory "he doesn't match the description" and something further has piqued their interest. (Giving ole KC the benefit of the doubt, here - can't help it -I'm just nice that way :)
Don't know about Jamie since he doesn't post anymore but he was definitely looking for something to send in.

And then there's the suspect we don't know about......Such a quandry.....Getting the ole goosebumps.....On the one hand I wanta know.......on the other hand.......

Still working my way through the articles. As we know FBI confirming the DNA samples can only exclude suspects, not confirm anyone.

First, you dont know that at all.

Secondly, you evidently missed the key sentence
in the article. That sentence reads: " And it comes
from a credible lead who came to our attention
recently via a law enforcement colleague."

The article references an "item" so I'm assuming that this is an object as opposed to fingerprint cards, So what has been sent? I know that Vicki talked to the federal marshall, but I can't remember if she forwarded anything to them. Vicki??

Blevins - didn't you say something was sent via Porteus/Lyle? Of course - with Christiansen the "someone they haven't looked at before" makes me pause. Unless, of course, they just did a cursory "he doesn't match the description" and something further has piqued their interest. (Giving ole KC the benefit of the doubt, here - can't help it -I'm just nice that way :)
Don't know about Jamie since he doesn't post anymore but he was definitely looking for something to send in.

And then there's the suspect we don't know about......Such a quandry.....Getting the ole goosebumps.....On the one hand I wanta know.......on the other hand.......

all known candidates especially those discussed here are out. Period. That is what the article says.

?? Re DNA - that was what the article said, and not the first time it has been discussed. Are you saying that they misquoted the FBI, or are you saying that unbeknownst to (some of) us, there is actually a complete enough DNA sample that they will be able to definitively finger someone without a court challenge to the DNA evidence?

And who said I missed the sentence? I hadn't got that far at the time. Is this a lead that some of the DZers have been working on behind the scenes, Georger?

So, those of us not in the know are dying to know who the suspect is and what the evidence is, but I guess we'll just have to wait...

And Blevins, sorry, but you're clutching at non-existent straws. The clear statement is that it is a name that has not come up before. Christiansen has come up before. There is only one logical conclusion.

?? Re DNA - that was what the article said, and not the first time it has been discussed. Are you saying that they misquoted the FBI, or are you saying that unbeknownst to (some of) us, there is actually a complete enough DNA sample that they will be able to definitively finger someone without a court challenge to the DNA evidence?

And who said I missed the sentence? I hadn't got that far at the time. Is this a lead that some of the DZers have been working on behind the scenes, Georger?

So, those of us not in the know are dying to know who the suspect is and what the evidence is, but I guess we'll just have to wait...

And Blevins, sorry, but you're clutching at non-existent straws. The clear statement is that it is a name that has not come up before. Christiansen has come up before. There is only one logical conclusion.

sorry, I didnt mean to jump on you. All I am saying
is the whole dna/mtdna route can change on a daily
basis. This is not allegory but fact.

I will reserve the rest for a few days. Im not going
to second guess the FBI now that the article has
been published.

It would appear this article caught Blev by surprise.
Strange. Jo is al quiet.

Orange1 says in part:

"The clear statement is that it is a name that has not come up before..."

Not exactly. This is the only reference to the suspect's identity in the article:

'The name of a man not previously investigated was given to the FBI...'

There is nothing in the article that says his name hasn't come up before, only that he was never investigated.

I thought you said you had read both articles? From The Telegraph one:

"The credible lead is somebody whose possible connection to the hijacker is strong,” she says. “And the suspect is not a name that’s come up before.”

More articles now and some more details trickling out...

Investigators said that they are testing the fingerprints of a new suspect after what they said is the 'most promising' lead to date in its bid to crack America's only unsolved hijacking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020687/DB-Cooper-FBI-new-suspect-40-years-fugitive-parachuted-hijacked-plane.html#ixzz1TgZcaAVW

While the other articles say the lead is credible, this one http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAKING-NEWS/FRESH-LEAD-IN-AMERICA-S-MOST-INFAMOUS-UNSOLVED-SKYJACKING-CASE-729895 says

The agency has not determined yet if the lead is credible and that gauge of credibility if the process underway at the moment.

(edited to add: that badly written sentence is a quote, not a hatchet cut and paste job)

Nothing was forwarded by me. I just asked about the fingerprint card.

I also spoke with a Secret Service agent in Minneapolis last January. He remembered my Dad's case as he was involved in information being sent to the Unsolved Mystery show. He handed me his card and said if I find my dad to give him a call.

I was involved in a "weird" conversation with my boss on Wednesday this last week. He asked about my Dad and the Unsolved Show......and a few strange questions I do not want to disclose in a public forum.

As a result of the further questioning, I asked him if he was recently contacted by the FBI. After that the topic of conversation made an abrupt 180. He did not confirm or deny my question and the topic was not brought up again

Don't know about Jamie since he doesn't post anymore but he was definitely looking for something to send in. ***

I just spoke to Jamie on Facebook. This is his reply: ***Well if its from me it would be an envelope xmas card and check he gave me shotly b4 dying and I gave it to the bca to fwd to fbi last winter so? Could be my father theyre inveztigating? But hell They havent contacted me since winter so ?***
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Your right.....definitely says not a name that has come up within FBI before. The same article also says that Kenny was ruled out by the FBI -- so.... assuming the writer got that from the primary source...it would seem to exclude Kenny.

I thought the following from the Alex Hannaford Telegraph article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667855/The-40-year-mystery-of-Americas-greatest-skyjacking.html was very interesting:

"FBI agents who have worked on the Cooper case over the years differ in their opinions of what happened to him. Special agent Larry Carr, who spent several years running the Cooper investigation, thought he must have died when he jumped as he was wearing just a suit, which would have afforded him little protection against the elements.
Current case agent Curtis Eng, however, thinks that if Cooper had died, we would have found clothing or money by now – something."

(My bold)