47 47
quade

DB Cooper

As far as I could tell, there have never been any cut-sheetrock access panels inside the home. One reason might be because the water lines don't run up there and the distance between the peak of the roof and the attic joists is really short. Less than four feet. Forget about standing up, even at the highest point. It would not have made a good place for attic storage, as some people do when they add a floor to the attic and an access. That's probably why no one bothered to put one in.

Given the age of the place, small size of that cabin,
high humidity of the area, my guess is all of the
ceilings in that cabin have been replaced with new
sheet rock at some time. Im only guessing. Maybe
the roof too but definately reshingled... you have
never mentioned the condition of the roof sheeting
'above' the 'hiding hole frame' if a pipe ever went
through the roof there ?

During the TV film I noticed how even (and new
looking) the front room ceiling was, likewise the
bedroom ceiling (the little the film shows of it ).

That hole is in a perfect location to have once
supported a flu pipe (wood stove in bedroom)
or attic access hole, years ago.

The very first order of business would be to
determine if the ceiling has been replaced, which
should be easy to determine.

The old dry wall ceiling would have been installed
with ring shank nails vrs screws, for one thing. Old
drywall would have been thicker and untempered
with thicker paper covering vs the newer (cheaper)
versions. Today there are many different varieties
of wallboard available (including green board for
high humidity situations) which were not available
when that cabin was built or in Kenny's day.
That place was a cabin, not a real house. Built
accordingly. It still is a cabin archetecturally.

That hole is a very minimal security hiding place!
That stands out and is obvious. Easy access to it
from inside the cabin standing on a chair. Just bust
out a piece of the ceiling with one's fist and look into
the attic to see what's there or crawl up there. Simple as that.

You are making more to gaining access to that attic
than is actually involved, You dont have to go to the
outside and have a ladder! No theif would bother.

And no deterence whatever from law enforcement.
Law enforcement would consider that hiding place a
joke. Only a moron would use that place to hide
something of a serious nature like $200,000!

:$

Lastly: if you don't want people commenting, don't
post? Simple association.

:o

We were both posting at the same time and we both were thinking the same thing.

"I would put my money on this:
A wood burning stove used to be vented up threw the ceiling and the roof."

I couldn't think of the right word for the vent. Then your post called it a Flue - and it was damn - Where is my brain? Where are my words? Now it is time to go to bed - maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Robert 99 maybe your friend but he is not really very smart about somethings...but, of course I get a lot of volunteer help once in awhile.

His bragging rights about Army and Navy Serial numbers went right out the window.

Also note he doesn't think I cracked the CODE. I didn't have to crack the code - I already knew it...and I don't know why.
I know there were several things on the last page of Duane's address book that was very old (metal). I know I asked about some of the thngs in the book and who they were. I know that when I saw numbers he told me that was his Navy number, but there were 3 other sets of numbers.

One was the Navy
I now know the other was the Army number.
Another was a Chicago phone number - I did try to call the number which I no longer have before I threw the thing away - but it was an apartment and the man who answered said I had to have a number. I told him that this phone number was in my husbands address book and I had always been curious about it. Evidently he was a door man or main office person...he would not give me the names of the people in the building.

I never called it back.

The 4th number was odd and long and with QA in it, but I do not remember the numbers. When someone posted that here - it sent chills down my spine because for some reason it was important. I wrote it down on a sticky and put it on the bottom of my monitor stand.

Then a few days later I am working on the Army and Navy record because of the confusion.
It was like this was meant to happen. I remembered trying to post the mililtary information and something just came jumping out at me. The Army number JUMP right off the page.
Because it resulted in a kind of smiley with 2 eyes. Dont' even know how to explain what I was seeing.

The navy number took me only about 4 minutes - they were formulated in the very same manner. I would have to draw it out and I can't do that on the computer. When Robt claimed you could do this with any set of numbers - I took random numbers from Army and Navy record and that is NOT true.

Surely there is another set of numbers or multiple sets of numbers that will fit, but the odds of my having the numbers in the correct sequences in front of me - well, it was just too odd.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law "

[;)Puzzled! b]None of the other enlistees had this comment on the term of service?????

So I am a DUMB BLOND.

But I got a little help from one of our very own on the thread.

Even this much is right in front of you for public view. Order the DETAILS yourself - but I have better - I have copies of orginals.

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 35608905 35608905
NAME WEBER#DUANE#L########### WEBER#DUANE#L###########
RESIDENCE: STATE #3 Undefined Code
RESIDENCE: COUNTY 153 Undefined Code
PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 5340 FT HAYES COLUMBUS OHIO
DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 31 31
DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 03 03
DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 43 43
GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private
GRADE: CODE 8 Private
BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION NO# No branch assignment
BRANCH: CODE 02 No branch assignment
FIELD USE AS DESIRED # #
TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
LONGEVITY ### ###
SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life
NATIVITY 53 OHIO
YEAR OF BIRTH 24 24
RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen
EDUCATION 1 1 year of high school
CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 983 Unskilled mechanics and repairmen, n.e.c.
MARITAL STATUS 6 Single, without dependents
COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)
CARD NUMBER # #
BOX NUMBER 0966 0966
FILM REEL NUMBER 5.28# 5.28#

Jo, The good news is that I am not going to make any effort at all to obtain a copy of your form, whatever it is, from anywhere or anyone.

But if you want help in understanding the information on that form, it would be nice if you could look at the bottom of the form and relay the number that you see down there.

Also, there will be a title at the top of that form and it would be real sweet of you if you revealed what the title is.

The remarks above and in a later post about the terms of enlistment actually make sense. That statement was typical for someone who had been drafted. But I can't state with 100 percent certainty that the statement wasn't also applicable for at least some volunteer enlistments.

If you wish assistance then please restrain yourself and keep the games to a minimum.

Robert Nicholson

"Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law "

[;)Puzzled! b]None of the other enlistees had this comment on the term of service?????

It seems obvious to me, that had Duane ever
served in a formal or even a informal capacity
for which there were records (of any kind) he not
only could have, but would have filed for benefits
later, based on that service. Duane never missed an
opportunity that was a sure-fire thing. That was his
nature. Duane never filed for benefits of any kind
related to his supposed service, nor have you ever
claimed he did or was even entitled to benefits.

Thousands of veterans whose records were lost
for whatever reason later filed for benefits and
most got them ...

It seems to me you need to be taking this up with
the War Dept or somebody.

???

Jo, See my reply to your earlier post about your form for comments on this.

Robert Nicholson

most got them ...

???

Jo, Georger is right about this.

Why don't you take your form, and any related information, down to the local offices of a service organization such as the American Legion or Disabled American Veterans (check your local phone book for their addresses) and tell them your complete, repeat COMPLETE, story about Duane's legal and military problems.

And if they don't summarily throw you out, ask if you are entitled to any federal benefits based on Duane's military service, such as it may have been. Perhaps they can provide additional information about Duane.

Go in person and don't try to handle this over the phone.

Good luck, and you will need it.

Robert Nicholson

There are exactly five things that people will never lay claim to:

One- Not having a sense of humor.

B. Being terrible in the sack.

Next- Screwing around at work.

Lastly, being sloppy and imprecise.

Therefore none of these attributes exist within the human condition.

On one hand there is an expectation that I should marvel at the abilities of those that can take a banal circumstance and arrive at some fantastic and self declared, irrefutable conclusion. Like Cooper being in the military because he selected the NB-6 chute. As always, exclude the prima facie fact that it was a 50/50 proposition to the most casual of observer to begin with. This one action takes on a mythic value in that Cooper not only selected the NB-6 because of his military experience, he also neglected to make the NB-6 part of his demands opting for the more refined selection of a ‘back parachute’. I’ll give credit for the investigative talents if not the humility and just hold my nose and accept it.

Now for the freaky part. These same people who possess such rarefied research skills can’t read comments on some blog and determine if it is potentially genuine or fodder for ‘The Onion’. There is a difference between people who can’t conjugate the verb ‘to be’ and those who are pretending to be of that ilk. People have certain speech patterns, favored communications techniques or crippling insecurities which are apparent in what they type over the years with some having tens of thousands of examples on this forum. This is not higher research or investigative acumen being displayed here.

Just sayin.

Farflung quotes self from the distant past:

“I’ll give credit for the investigative talents if not the humility and just hold my nose and accept it.”

Nothing about the parachute selection is being refuted; it is in fact being accepted. You see that paragraph was a counterpoise to the thought that the comments on that blog were from actual DZ participants.

From what I read, it appeared to be a parody just like that other blog that had Sluggo Monster speaking in tongues compared to his typical parlance. There is a wealth of exemplars from the likes of georger, 377 (aka threesevenseven) and jerry thomis (aka thomas) which could/should serve as Rosetta Stones for those comments and the accusations that follow. My dufus opinion is that none of those comments are from people who post on DZ today with the exception of RobertMBlevins’ posts.

Sorry that I was unable to make that point more concise in my previous set of smoke signals.

exactly five things

Hey all knowing and complete hunkiness known as Farf. I only have a few minutes because I am screwing around at work. What is the fifth thing?

I will be waiting for your insightful response. :ph34r:
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

[;)Puzzled! ]None of the other enlistees had this comment on the term of service?????

most got them ...

???

Georger that is exactly right. Duane was NOT eligible for any benefits that I was aware of. I do know he acquired a sum of money (around 50K) in 1990 after he went on the kidney machine). I have no idea where he kept this money or if it really even existed. Just his words on a recorded conversation and what a friend told me and the fact that the last 4 plus yrs of his life he supplemented our income by claiming he made it off the shop, yet the door was closed most of the time and the merchandise rarely changed.

At one time I was a manufactures Representative for gift wares and I have also worked for retail shops. Inventory changes - I never saw much move in the inventory of his shop that supported his even keeping the door open for 3 yrs. plus. He did close the shop the last 18 months because he was too ill to be there most days and I think his "stash" was running low. He had budgeted it out to last the 5 yrs the Dr. told him he had. The Dr. was dead on and if Duane was running out of his "stash" that could be WHY he chose to go off diaylsis.

I had lost my job just a month before Duane went into the hosp. My boss said he could NOT keep me if I couldn't keep the quotas up (insurance sales). He did everything in his power to help me keep my job and take care of Duane. That Boss went far and beyond what his responsibility was - and when it reached the point his helping me jeopardized his own job...I also recognized this.

The statement on the record I have noted is on certain other individuals who were known to have CIA and Covert connections.
Especially Smoke jumpers out of Missoula! Among the smoke jumper from the 1945 to 1948 era in that area - Duane had told me about 4 of them. Claimed to know these people and talked about things only forestry or smokejumpers would know. He NEVER claimed to be a jumper, but he did claim to know individuals who I now know to have been jumpers.

I attempted to tell this to the FBI, but they never ever investigated the possiblity...it is like Duane Weber ceased to exist from 1945 to 1948 or so.
Then of course we know when the Intermountain thing was happening in CO with Paperlegs that Duane Weber ceased to exist - John Collins was his name from 1962 unti 1968. The WA. convention Duane went to with his wife while he was supposed to be in prison per the prison file?

Two of the smokejumpers in Missoula around 1946 where inducted from the same county in Ohio as Weber during the war and went also to Camp Sibert. The man William E. Thomas was also at Camp Sibert when Duane was there - but, I do NOT know if it is the same man I have been searching for - the age is right,

Some of the jumpers were involved in the Cuban thing. suggest the FBI and anyone truely interested in solving this thing look at the things I was told by Weber and find out if it was possible for him to have been involved. Strange that most of this happens when Duane is a free man and not supposedly confined to a prison.

The Jefferson thing - that one will forever puzzle me - How could a man who was in Solitare when the wife went to visit possible receive a communation of sentence under an alias and the become Duane Weber again.
Even Stranger - why did the FBI come looking for Duane after he "got out of Jefferson". They went from MO to CO to knock on his brother-in-laws door. Duane and his wife and kids fled to N.O. and this was 1968 - if the family provided me with correct dates.

After that Duane worked in the insurance industry until he died basically because he received benefits and renewals...and he had kept his insurance policies he had with the company as a contractor. He was on disabliity for some time and we paid to continue things like the life insurance when those benefits ran out.

Strange to me, but I am sure others here do NOT get it or see what I am able to see and what I told the FBI for yrs. until they slammed the door in my face. When NO one wants to hear it or to investigate what is right in front of them...I am but the tree falling in the forest and I am alone - not even a rabbit stirs.

Jo, Georger is right about this.

Why don't you take your form, and any related information, down to the local offices of a service organization such as the American Legion or Disabled American Veterans (check your local phone book for their addresses) and tell them your complete, repeat COMPLETE, story about Duane's legal and military problems.

And if they don't summarily throw you out, ask if you are entitled to any federal benefits based on Duane's military service, such as it may have been. Perhaps they can provide additional information about Duane.

Go in person and don't try to handle this over the phone.

Good luck, and you will need it.

Robert Nicholson

For the LAST time - Please READ:
I physically went to the VA office and I have posted an accounting of what happened several times. I no long have the energy or time to repeat it.

This what came up - CLASSIFIED!

Also the fact that I am NOT listed as a BENEFICIARY! This officer or whatever he was had to get a special CODE to even look at what he did...and that is when he told me I was not listed as a beneficiary and anything else was CLASSIFIED and not available.

Remember the answer I gave?
How could I have been listed as a beneficiary? I was only a few yrs old when he was in the service and I did not marry him until 1978. They had me fill out some papers and all I ever received was the usual certificates the Government supplies - yet, I had all of this other "stuff" I produced for the agent.

He was aware I was NOT there to obtain benefits - just information about my husbands military records.

I asked how I could get more information or why would Duane's files be classified. I let him know I knew about the bad conduct discharge and the undesireable discharge. He simply told me that was NOT the reason I couldn't have access to the files. Seems like he said "Talk to your Congress man". It was that or some other flippant suggestion. Whatever it was I had neither the money nor the time - to pursue it. I was a widow who had to work to survive and to keep my home.

His answer to my last Question convinced me that I was right and any efforts I made to uncover Duane's past would be futile - and so they have been.

I would NOT expect any other results - because I have a feeling his file is closed until many yrs after I die. His file will not be opened until the Kennedy files are opened and probably not then - beside all survivors would be deceased and far removed...

Frankly I am beginning to believe the government may have destroyed his file since I made that enquiry and the FBI order not to communicate with me. Who is Wavy Greene?

Jo, You need to Goggle "Camp Sibert Alabama" and see what turns up.

One interesting thing can be found at "http://www.coax.net/people/lwf/CMP_SBT.HTM".

You might want to get a copy of that book and see if that story had anything to do with Duane. Maybe that is the reason for a cover up.

Robert Nicholson

Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law "

I have looked at many many military records. This is a common statement that I have seen many times on records of enlisted servicemen. My understanding is that it merely references the mandatory service duty in effect at the time and the authority under which they were serving.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law "

I have looked at many many military records. This is a common statement that I have seen many times on records of enlisted servicemen. My understanding is that it merely references the mandatory service duty in effect at the time and the authority under which they were serving.

This is what I had assumed. To check, I did a google search using the exact phrase ... It results in 1,450,000 hits!! Indeed, it would seem to be very common.

http://www.google.co.za/#hl=en&source=hp&q=%22Enlistment+for+the+duration+of+the+War+or+other+emergency%2C+plus+six+months%2C+subject+to+the+discretion+of+the+President+or+otherwise+according+to+law+%22&btnG=Google+Search&rlz=1R2SKPB_enZA411&oq=%22Enlistment+for+the+duration+of+the+War+or+other+emergency%2C+plus+six+months%2C+subject+to+the+discretion+of+the+President+or+otherwise+according+to+law+%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=1021l2282l0l4368l2l2l0l1l0l0l230l230l2-1l1&fp=65f95b1caa4a7d29&biw=1237&bih=825
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

This is what I had assumed. To check, I did a google search using the exact phrase ... It results in 1,450,000 hits!! Indeed, it would seem to be very common.

I never get anywhere with phrases - so Thank You. It sounded like a canned thing, but I had no idea what it meant. Out of the individuals I looked up by name and not being assured it was the right person - it came up a lot - such as Missoula Smoke Jumpers.

With the Smoke Jumpers I would have a name but not necessarily a middle initial or where they were born or when they were in the service. Something like Richard Petersen - lots of Richard Petersens and so forth.

Remember I really have a hard time with the searches unless I just FALL into them or someone directs me to them...also I only have dial up and it takes forever.

Thanks to all who search that statement.

Jo, You need to Goggle "Camp Sibert Alabama" and see what turns up.

One interesting thing can be found at "http://www.coax.net/people/lwf/CMP_SBT.HTM".

You might want to get a copy of that book and see if that story had anything to do with Duane. Maybe that is the reason for a cover up.

Robert Nicholson

Absolute no reason tor Read the Book - please read on:

Robert99 do you remember when the thread asked me to clarify Duane's records that I had in my possession? For your benefit perhaps you need to go back and re-read that tedious post you asked me to make to clarify Duane's records.

Even your friend Georger knows when Duane left Camp Sibert and the circumstances of that departure. Duane was NO where near Camp Sibert in March of 1944...and Duane was never a racist. He was very much the opposite - remember the Shoe Shine man he went to find in N.Orleans and the Trumpet player - they were BOTH black.

When Duane would spend months in the sun his golden tan would then become very dark.. I am sure someone here will remember the story I told about the neighbors who had Duane take care of their pets, pool and house while they were out of town. Even though Duane and I were much older than this couple - what the owner did when he got home....was fantastic. Duane and I were invited to come over and have a drink but to wait until EVERYONE was there and designated a time for us to walk down to their house.

I had NO idea what was going on until the host introduced Duane and I to his other neighbor. The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Mrs So and So I would like you to meet my friend and neighbor Duane Weber, the "N-word" you mentioned who took care of our pets and pool while we were gone. I don't remember how Duane responded to her, but I am sure he was grinning as he shook her hand.

This woman was unable to respond and quickly left. Remember this was a military town - no place in 1984 to display the anti-black attitude this woman had.

I had wonder why a party had been set up so quickly after they got back off their trip and even mentioned this to Duane. Duane had told me we were going to stay just long enough to have a drink. He was in on it!

These neighbors where much younger than we were and we did not socialize with them - they had lots of parties and I thought it odd they invited us and even mentioned this to Duane.

This was one of Duane's grinning "I gottcha" moments.
The WHOLE room of people knew exactly what was coming down - I was the only one who was NOT told.

I do not even remember what my reaction was or what I said - probably stood there with my mouth open - wondering what this woman was all about. As soon as she left - everyone came up to Duane to shake his hand. Seems like the neighborhood didn't like this woman at all and they took this opportunity to put her in her place. By the way the host must have called every black couple he knew..

We did have a second drink and excused ourselves.

I only used the expression "N-word" to explain what happened.
The host used the real word and I will never forget the silence in the room at that moment nor the laughter that erupted after she left. They planned exactly what they were going to do and asked Duane to go along with it.

I have a feeling the story about that night has been told many time since by those who were there.

Blevins stated:
No big deal. The parachute selection theory is mine and that's all it is, a theory. It was just strange the way he asked for them, and then Mucklow saying he took the MB6 right up like he had seen/used it before or something. Truth is, I know so little about parachutes. I don't even know if an MB6 container was the usual deal for WW2 paratroops. Maybe it wasn't.

Jo Agrees: Way over my head and I know nothing about chutes and I am sure Tina had never seen anyone put a chute on before (if so she had nothing to compare his actions to).

Blevins stated:
I told Skipp Porteous that after the Auburn Theatre gig with the slideshows in August, I'm going to stop actively marketing the book. It's actually been a big drain on AB, due to the cost of producing it. At current sales, we should break even in about five years. (*laughs*) No kidding.

Jo Replys:
The FBI is not talking to anyone and things are sure quiet in WA about Cooper. I have heard rumors the DNA is compromised or not valid. The agent of record doesn't talk to me or Blevins - so why should he be talking to writers? I have had writers contact me who claim the FBI has been generous with their time.

This is all very confusing - The FBI talks to media, but not with individuals who may hold the secret to the identity of Cooper.
Any time spent with media of any kind is a waste of time and will not solve the case.

The FBI talking to the Media will NOT solve the case. Agents who sand bag information to provide material for a book - now I call that dipping your pin in the ink. Maybe the ink is red.

Spending 1 hour on this might be the deciding factor in who Cooper was:
7698QA2753

Navy 283-56-96
Army 35608905

There is nothing complicated about the "code' It was high school level coding. Perhaps that is the problem - the FBI has made Cooper way too complicated.

Stupidity or by Design, regardless they will never admit it. The FBI doesn't want to admit they dropped the ball in 1996 by not having a Cold Case agent assigned to it from the start. Instead they send local agents who had NO idea who Cooper was. Same with the agents they sent to see the wife of the day who lived in another state.

Only after a young journalist was able to present the details the widow had made - did the FBI
really investigate Weber. They never expected one woman to keep on keeping on and on and on.

In my 15 yrs of telling this story - this has remained a constant.
I know what I saw with my own eyes and actually held them in my hands. I also known there has never been any explanation from the FBI about how Duane knew WA and OR and ID the way he did. There has never been any explanation of how this man who claimed he was Dan Cooper knew the area - to which he took his wife and not one time looked at a map.

Certain individuals who post as though they are an authority on certain subjects are typical of the new FBI. Even when I made posts explicit at the request of another poster - they come back with jargon that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Confusing retoric - this is the same thing I have heard from the FBI for 15 yrs.

FBi agents presenting opinons rather than just facts in a public forum only further stood to confuse everyone.

Mulitple suspects being presented since 2000 was fueled by the FBI not being able to state and prove the best suspect ever present was NOT Cooper. They were even unable to provide the widow with anything to substanciate that he was NOT Cooper. 2008 - the FBI grabs at straws to field off all of the media....but, every move they made only provided more fuel along with more myths to the Cooper Legend. They created the Red Lion and let him out of the cage. Now they are trying to contain the Red Lion, but failing miserable as the public demands answers.

How can they contain Crime at the magnitude it exists in our everyday life if they were unable to solve a simple skyjacking - especially when the answer was placed in their hand many yrs ago.

If the FBI had PROOF Duane Weber was NOT Cooper do you not think they would have provided the widow with that proof if they indeed had it.

RED LION!

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'The FBI is not talking to anyone and things are sure quiet in WA about Cooper. I have heard rumors the DNA is compromised or not valid...'

This does not matter *if* they were able to get one good profile on the original sample. From then on, the data's on the computer. Then you compare it against another profile that has been run from provided DNA.

I don't know about the quality of the original sample, but my best information is this: Supposedly the FBI ran the profile on 'epithelial neck skin cells' or something to that effect. This type of DNA profile can be matched to another profile, but not always. It CAN eliminate someone however, (which it will do in probably 99.99999% of cases) but it sometimes can't be matched.

I know that sounds weird, but here's what it really means in a down-home sort of way. If a suspect's DNA is NOT eliminated by the test, you had better move that person to the top of the suspect list. This person will almost certainly be the hijacker.

However, you couldn't rely on this test as your main evidence for a conviction. You would need corroborating evidence or the case would be tossed or hung by the jury. It's more of a tool than recognized evidence that could be sold in court.

That said, the dot gov website that covers DNA and the justice system says they CAN run complete profiles from skin cells. Maybe not from skin cells that are more than 35 years old when you take them, though. This might be why they only have a partial profile. And you shouldn't take only my word on these things. I did some research, yes. But I'm NOT a geneticist.

Here's a guess on how the FBI may have come up with a profile:

1) Everyone knows a lot of people handled the tie. So does the FBI.

2) If they were trying to extract skin cells from the tie, they might try drawing them out a few at a time around the neck area...and then check to see if a large group of the cells match. Supposedly, the FBI took the sample cells from the area where the top of the tie touches the neck.

3) *If* they find a large number of skin cells that match in that area of the tie, they could logically assume they are from the hijacker's neck. Maybe.

4) Then...they run the profile. No one is completely sure if the sample is valid, but now they have DNA infomation to work with.

5) If the provided sample from a suspect CANNOT be eliminated, then the FBI would probably look at that suspect much more closely. All it really is to the FBI is another wrench in the Cooper Toolbox to perhaps solve the case.

Im no longer stunned by the immaturity it takes
to throw some piece of long-winded boilerplate like
this together when it is obvious you havent the
faintest idea what you are talking about ... and
never will know.

The audience wont be able to follow your confused
messianic sermon anyway !!

Forgive him Lord. He knows not what he does.

:o:D

I was trying to find a source where Cooper would have experience with aft stairs, needs $200,000 and fit the description.

Instead of looking at Black Ops and secret flights I turned my attention to Black Aircraft and well published flights. You got it, the private sector had exactly one jet in operation for business (yeah… riiiiiight) use and that was none other than the Playboy DC-9.

That black plane quickly became a white elephant that ate money faster than Playboy customers could read the insightful articles festooned with tasteful imagery. By 1970 they subcontracted a flight crew which is code for – holy cow this thing costs a fortune while parked on the tarmac. Strange as it may sound, the market for year old, highly modified (read trampolines, Jacuzzi and oyster bar), commercial airliners is not that vast. Yet there appears to be an inordinate demand.

By 1971 Playboy was losing money and a good chunk was on the Big Bunny. Just like every CEO today Cooper had to devise a ‘bailout’ or his company would go down the tubes. He matches the description, had military training, dressed the same until the hijacking then never wore a tie again. This is confirmed. Drinks bourbon, smokes and most importantly clearly knew how to operate the aft stairs. He even selected the next month’s Playmate to look exactly like Tina. Homage perhaps? This may be a little speculation so I’ll leave that part up to individual analysis.

Clearly he began that Golden Ticket campaign as a reminder that he got away with it.

Now Hefner is being chided for bad sex by his former fiancé. That’s why he should stick with virgins; they don’t know what bad sex is. Either way, I just hope that Hugh can find the right girl to grow old with; irrespective of his past crime.

The Hunkyness of Farf states the following:

By 1971 Playboy was losing money and a good chunk was on the Big Bunny. Just like every CEO today Cooper had to devise a ‘bailout’ or his company would go down the tubes. He matches the description, had military training, dressed the same until the hijacking then never wore a tie again. This is confirmed. Drinks bourbon, smokes and most importantly clearly knew how to operate the aft stairs. He even selected the next month’s Playmate to look exactly like Tina. Homage perhaps? This may be a little speculation so I’ll leave that part up to individual analysis.

Wow....He may be on to something here. It all fits and is so obvious! Thank you Farflung, you have opened up my eyes again!

and continues with:

That’s why he should stick with virgins; they don’t know what bad sex is

So I have to query..........Farflung do you base this determination on your own personal experiences?
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

I wish Bruce would explain why he considers this Jounalist reporting?

Secondly, Jane seems to have no desire to talk with me, and I wonder if she is the one who calls the shots in the family.

How or Why would or could you suggest such a thing? Not every one want to be confronted by the media on this subject because what is usually written is not what was said or what really happened .

When I showed up on their door step for the second time, I heard the deep, firm voice of an adult woman speaking just to left of the front door, presumably it was Jane and she was on the phone and talking from the kitchen. She had a lot to say and spoke for a good 5-8 minutes in total when I was there, but I was unable to hear anything distinctly.

Showed up for the second time?
Did you make an appointment either time? You presume a lot regarding Jane's conversation with whoever she was on the phone with - making it sound clandestin.

When you write about people you are hoping will help you - you do NOT take journalistic privileges such as that. One will not stay in journalism very long when they "presume" things.

After a lengthy pause I knocked loudly on the door, and I heard it echo throughout the large room directly behind the door, perhaps the living and dining area. Eventually, I heard someone approach and open the door. It was Lee, and he didn’t seem happy to see me, but he did crack it open a few inches and after a moment’s hesitation decided to slither out and talk to me on his little stoop.

Again - did you have an appointment and did you tell them why before hand you wanted to see them?

I had been expecting that, so I had backed off the stoop and stood on a lower step

I will explain this to the thread. Bruce is a large framed and tall man and therefore looks intimidating only because of his size.

Lee’s a short guy, about 5’7 or so, and seems to be lost in his retirement. His beard was a day-old and he ought to visit a dentist soon. At the very least he should begin brushing his teeth regularly.

Why did you have to go into any detail about his height or presume he appears to be lost in this retirement. Then you go on to give a very unfattering description of him. Was this REALLY necessary to document or report your visit?

"As he was not too welcoming, I took the initiative."

“Hi Lee, I’m Bruce Smith with the Mountain News,” and I handed him my business card.

“I’m back because I’m looking for a partner – someone to team up with and make a combined therapeutic-journalistic intervention with Tina.”

I

Obviously they were NOT expeciing you and what gives you the credentials to offer Therapeutic intevention. Perhaps Tina could offer you some intervention - she is qualified to do so.

“Nope – no,” he replied immediately. “Like I told you, I don’t want anything to do with it.”

'It,' I thought, he’s made his sister-in-law an object?

Lee began backing up into the house and started to close the door.

How many times does someone have to say NO regarding an interview for you to Get it.
You barged in on the cousins in the north with this same kind of behaviour and they were already aware of this. Your boyish friendly face did NOT imtimidate the cousins at that time. Perhaps they later read what you wrote regarding the unexpected visit? You Think?

“Geoff Gray’s book is coming out August 8th and it’s the first major book on Cooper by a professional writer. It’s a comprehensive book about the case and it’s gonna have Tina’s address in it and the whole world is going to know. In fact, that’s already on the Internet."

“Is he the guy sending me all those letters….from Alaska?” Lee said as he continued to move back outside.

“No, that’s Galen Cook,” I said. “Geoff Gray’s a writer in New York City. He writes for New York Magazine, and his book has a major publishing house behind it. It’s gonna get a lot of support.

Are you 100% sure this is how this came down? I seriously doubt a former FBI agent was not aware of who had called and who they had received letters from. Your report make him sound like a real moron.

“Lee, there’s a lot of mysteries involved with the case. Why did Tina disappear for twenty years? Look - Bill Rataczak told me that he wouldn’t have made it if it wasn’t for Tina. She saved his life by keeping Cooper calmed down.”

I have tried to explain this to you before, but it does NOT sink in. She didn't really disappear - she just faded into the background where she wanted to be. She had NO interest in dealing with this - for heaven's sake the girl was 22 yrs old. How much of her life do you and other expect her to devote to Cooper?

“Another FBI agent wrote that Tina was the brains of the outfit, so how could such a capable woman fall apart so bad? Why did she go into the convent – especially when the nuns down there say she never fit in? And for twelve years? Why did she move back to Gresham, Lee? What happened there? Can you tell me about that?”

Did you really expect him to believe this if that is how you said it? Who told you "Tina was the brains of the outfit"? Try to remember who told you this? Tina wasn't the brains of the "outfit"...she was a 22 yr old with a lot of faith and very frightened. The expression sounds like some of the Bunk that Carr tooted.

“No! – No, I’m not going to get involved. Look, some woman called last night – she was married to him (again another indirect reference to a principal, this time Cooper himself, and the ‘she’ is presumably Jo Weber) and she kept my wife on the phone for forever.

Did he really say "she was married to him?. Did he actually reference Cooper regarding this concern? Since he was NOT the one I spoke to - perhaps Jane recorded my conversation. I was brief in my description of who I was as that was NOT why I was calling. My concern was that someone in the family have knowledge of what was going to be happening in a few wks when Geoffrey's book came out. Also regarding the phone calls another writer had received from Cooper nuts...and my fear that these nuts would be sitting on Tina's door stoop...along with media persons. I did explain I had stayed out of the media for 10 yrs and like Tina coveted my privacy. The conversation was short and my biggest obstacle was proving to Jane - I was not a writer or someone wanting to intrude on their lives...just another victim who had been used by media and writers.

I wanted someone in the family to know what was happening so Tina would be prepared. What Jane said to me in regards to this is between she and I...not for the ears of the public.

Note I did NOT say he said or she said. Only told my side of the conversation.

“Tell me what you know and help me get in touch with Tina. In return I’ll be your family’s press agent. I’ll even work for free, Lee. So, whenever someone calls – the TV stations or another reporter, you don’t have to say anything – you just tell them to call me - ‘Sorry, you’ll have to call Bruce, he’s handling all of these inquires. He’s our press agent and you can call him at, blah, blah, blah’ I said in a sing-songy voice. “Lee, that’s all you have to do.”

“No, that’s not going to happen,” Lee said matter-of-factly.

You pushed the WRONG buttons, Bruce? Remember I told you I had called 4 other parties regarding Tina's location being made public - protect and do NO harm...but, I felt a member of the family who was closer might be a better choice. Mr. H nor the FBI are going to be there for her, but hopefully her sister will be.

Tina will take care of herself, but it is nice to have family by your side...when there are challenges.

I do have it on good information that the sample the FBI is using can supposedly eliminate someone, but not necessarily do a complete match. But it's not as if the Seattle FBI is open and forthcoming on a lot of items. Sometimes yes, mostly no.

Hopefully you and many others are aware a young American in an Italian prison may soon be released after film showed how faulty the DNA was - taken from evidence at a murder scene.

1. A bra clasp was handled with soiled gloves and past around thru several agents on site and then put back on the carpet. The agents where filmed doing this.

2. A knife having DNA of the victim on the tip of the blade and the supposed murderer on the handle also had been mishandled....I dozed off, so maybe someone else can fill this in.

In other words I did not see the clip in its entirety nor pay much attention, but it got my attention when I saw the clip of the bra clasp being handed around.

Yet, the FBI would have us believe a tie that was not handled by DNA standards and one that seem to go missing for 4 hours or 4 days (no one ever clarified which) and a tie that we do not even know belonged to Cooper/ Most importand - what happened to it for those 4 hrs or 4 days? Home many soiled glove s touched that tie and clasp. (it was 1971 - probably the tie and DNA was unknown and therefore the tie was not handled per DNA standards.

Also the program listed 3 things that can destroy or damage DNA.
Humidity, heat and age.

It was 1971 - air conditioned evidence storage warehouses - probably not. Humidity - again not always kept in a controlled climate warehouse...probably not.
Age - well it was 36 yrs old when the FBI finally retrived what ever dna the got.

The story on the DNA puzzles me because - there were conflicting story. Before we heard it was on the clip and now we hear it is around the top. Why would there not be DNA all over it?

Supposedly the FBI talks to writers, but not to people who have real suspects. I do not understand why the FBI is so impartial when it come to who it gives information to. A certain writer has claimed to have spent a lot of time with the Agent of Record - Curtis Eng, but someone like me who is not in this for profit or fame can't even get a response to a simple emaill.

I think the FBI should have to explain their actions on something like this. How can the FBI play favorites with who they talk to. Neither Blevin or I get thru to the agent of record but writers with suspects do?????

Is that because they have some sort of special privileges? Is this because these writers can put the Agents name in a book and write about him - making him a piece of Cooper History.

Who said life is never fair - they were right!