47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Amazon said:

I notice there is someone who has not been posting and conspicuously absent .. perhaps they got lost in there too finally... that or Sasquatch caught them and made them his bitch.

I think you would be surprised where that poster is right now. She doesn't have unlimited access to a computer where she is right now. When she gets access, I'm sure she'll post a lot.

I respect her for what she is doing. I believe 377 will also. She’ll tell her story when she’s ready.

She’s stubborn, single-minded, resistive to positive criticism…… but that gal has got guts!

You can write that down as a direct quote. You can even put it in a book if you want to. ;)

Nope.. wrong guess;)

:D:D

I know who DB Cooper is. I had started to suspect it for a while but thought there was no way it could actually be true.

One night about 2-3 years ago I got a bunch of tequila in him (old man can't handle it anymore) and flat out asked him. I'm not the only one who knows, but that night I got to join the lucky few.

DBC is alive, well, and still a crazy bastard.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Jo, After getting away with the money for 7+ years, why would Cooper or anyone else throw money in the river in 1979? If Cooper was alive in 1979 then he was basically home free. And why would he throw it in a location where it would end up at Tina Bar since that is not where he was thought to have landed and the find would only reactivate the invetigation.

Robert

My theory is that the money was damaged beyond being spendable - when he tossed it he never thought about it ever being found, because when the money was found in 1980...he immediately the NEXT day after it went public resigned for the best job he had ever had and was making Good Money - honest money.

Perhaps he just wasn't thinking that far ahead. We were headed to Tahoe where he went to several places for only about 45 minutes and then left. He would deposite me in a location and tell me NOT to leave that area so he could leave quickly. Play a few hands and then cash in the chip for CLEAN money.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Georger says in part:

'I could be wrong but something tells me Rat never intended his remarks to be taken and made into a formal statement by Mr. Blevins and that is Blevin's own work independent of what Rat thought would happen?'

Are you kidding or what? Your statement makes little sense. Skipp Porteous interviewed Rataczak for the book. Rataczak knew from the start that this was the purpose of the interview, since the phone call was pre-arranged in advance. I didn't make a 'formal statement'. It was a direct quote from the book and nothing more.

so you answered the question; it wasnt that difficult
was it?

Is everything you have posted at Dropzone Skip
Porteous' work?

:D:D

I know who DB Cooper is. I had started to suspect it for a while but thought there was no way it could actually be true.

One night about 2-3 years ago I got a bunch of tequila in him (old man can't handle it anymore) and flat out asked him. I'm not the only one who knows, but that night I got to join the lucky few.

DBC is alive, well, and still a crazy bastard.

Wrestle him to the floor and stuff a cotton ball
in his mouth, swab it around hard, put that in a plastic bag, and send it to the FBI in Washington - write a letter to the NY Times and say you did so.

I never said this.

SafecrackingPLF (I think) did a lot of research on this. He even found the company that made the bag that was used and got an exact description, including pictures.

I searched around a bit for the posts these things were in, but I couldn't find them.

I am the person who spoke with the president of the company that made the bank bag.

I think my comments are in the old thread but I'm not sure. Search on my screen name,
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

SafecrackingPLF (I think) did a lot of research on this. He even found the company that made the bag that was used and got an exact description, including pictures.

I searched around a bit for the posts these things were in, but I couldn't find them.

I am the person who spoke with the president of the company that made the bank bag.

I think my comments are in the old thread but I'm not sure. Search on my screen name,

Calcs show at a terminal velocity of 120 mph (53.6m/sec) Cooper in free fall may not have penetrated open water by more than 3-6 feet depending on angle ... and a mud base 16"
thick no more than a foot again depending on angle ... all of which was a little surprising to me.
I am using the standard formulae and estimated drag coeficients for water mud. The (low) terminal velocity of a human body turns out to be crucial vs say a meteorite, and in the case of mud a surprising amount of energy is dispersed outward quickly
(even at relatively step angles).

This may give definition to the matter of
"augering in" which some speculated about.

In the water scenario it means that if he landed
in deep water he surely did not hit bottom, but simply suffered the usual injuries and moved on
with the current.

Any comments/experience in this matter?

(I looked for anyone discussing such matters at Dropzone but couldnt really find anything ?)

As usual, I’m lost.

So some woman, who is living in another state, but is very nice, has confirmed that she owned Kenny’s home, after he died and did not know (biblically or otherwise) Dan Rattenbury, the present owner of the structure who was aware of a story about $2000 in 20s being found in a pile of stumps (told to him by….), after the timber was sold to a timber company (who would have guessed?) and since Dan and the woman from Colorado are both aware of the money, this verifies the story as true and correct?

I heard there was a UFO that crashed outside Roswell in 1947. If someone can be located, who I have never met and can repeat this story, that should clear up this government cover-up, once and for all.

Didn’t a guy from Shemya confirm snowmman’s story about the Dan Cooper comic book being seen by Kenny in 1951?

Also, Earl Cossey said the Amboy chute was not his, no way, noooo sir! Ooops, bad example there, we need a person that Earl has never met to confirm that the Amboy parachute is not Earl’s. Gosh, this research stuff is much harder than I ever imagined.

As usual, I’m lost.

So some woman, who is living in another state, but is very nice, has confirmed that she owned Kenny’s home, after he died and did not know (biblically or otherwise) Dan Rattenbury, the present owner of the structure who was aware of a story about $2000 in 20s being found in a pile of stumps (told to him by….), after the timber was sold to a timber company (who would have guessed?) and since Dan and the woman from Colorado are both aware of the money, this verifies the story as true and correct?

I heard there was a UFO that crashed outside Roswell in 1947. If someone can be located, who I have never met and can repeat this story, that should clear up this government cover-up, once and for all.

Didn’t a guy from Shemya confirm snowmman’s story about the Dan Cooper comic book being seen by Kenny in 1951?

Also, Earl Cossey said the Amboy chute was not his, no way, noooo sir! Ooops, bad example there, we need a person that Earl has never met to confirm that the Amboy parachute is not Earl’s. Gosh, this research stuff is much harder than I ever imagined.

I have never met you and therefore confirm
anything you care to say, or anything a third
party we have never met cares to say, which
confirms a fourth party Obama has never met
saying what you originally said now confirmed
by me, since you and I are NICE and have never
met.

Now wasn't that easy! Makes one queazy! And
limp in the legs is a sure-fire test of truth.

We could speak in tongues ? I feel it coming on,
which is another sure-fire test of truth, having never
met any of these people, who are nice.

Nice seems to the be the subjective essense in
all of this essence of.

Some would say this is all circular.

Amazon said:

I notice there is someone who has not been posting and conspicuously absent .. perhaps they got lost in there too finally... that or Sasquatch caught them and made them his bitch.

I think you would be surprised where that poster is right now. She doesn't have unlimited access to a computer where she is right now. When she gets access, I'm sure she'll post a lot.

I respect her for what she is doing. I believe 377 will also. She’ll tell her story when she’s ready.

She’s stubborn, single-minded, resistive to positive criticism…… but that gal has got guts!

You can write that down as a direct quote. You can even put it in a book if you want to. ;)

Nope.. wrong guess;)

I'd like to hear from Jerry when Sasquatch lets him go. Jerry's probably too busy catching fall run salmon in his river to waste time here. Any time fish are running doing anything else is wasting time.

Just heard from one of my old commercial fishing friends who was unloading in Westport. He has had a record season fishing for Albacore tuna off the OR and WA coast. Half a million pounds so far. In a hook fishery thats a lot of fish.

As for Jo, you gotta hand it to her. She perserveres.
I disagree with her conclusions and speculation but I admire her determination.

I jumped with radio gear last Saturday to once again prove that DB Cooper could have communicated with an accomplice on the ground with a cheap radio. Using 1 watt on 146.46 MHz I made contacts up to 80 miles away from 10,000 ft under canopy. Our team even carried live TV gear and broadcast air to air canopy shots that were received 20 miles away. I do not claim that DBC carried video gear.;)

Below is a photo of me yakking on the radio while flying my canopy up high last weekend. Amazon will recognize the scenery for sure and will even be able to figure out how windy it was by how far out from the DZ I am at about 8000 ft.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I’m still lost.

How could Dan Rattenbury be a ‘source’ for the ‘money up the stump’ story?

Dan could be a reference about the discovered cash but no more of a source than I would be to the Roswell Crash. Abduction and repeated probes (for my essence) yes, I’m a source, but not for the crash.

For all I (just me) know, the Colorado Chick told Cletus about some money found in her back yard (adjacent property, whatever) then moves away (to Colorado or wherever). Meanwhile, many or few people, own or rent Kenny’s home until Dan Rattenbury buys the thing.

Now old Cletus is hanging fire at the print shop and tells Dan about some money which was found behind Dan’s shop some years past.

Then the Colorado Chick’s story is confirmed by a person who was repeating the Colorado Chick’s story. Is this the sort of dual source confirmation being presented?

Or is this ‘interview’ with some witness from Colorado simply a foil for you to continue some freaky ‘Harold and Maude’ type relationship under the guise of an in depth investigation?

Or is this ‘interview’ with some witness from Colorado simply a foil for you to continue some freaky ‘Harold and Maude’ type relationship under the guise of an in depth investigation?

No need to go to CO. Plenty of Cabin Widows still reside deep in the Washougal Death Woods, which may explain Jerry's long absence.;)

I have a packed stock NB8 bailout rig with an unsleeved C9 canopy inside of anyone needs pix or info.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Robert_M_Oblivious said:

I have a question for YOU, under the same parameters. Have you updated your website at all in 2010?

Hmmm…. Now let’s see…

This page was updated on July 04, 2010.

This page was last revised: March 17, 2010.

This page was last revised: April 20, 2010.

This page was last revised: July 04, 2010.

Yeh… that looks like some updates in 2010. So my answer is “YES”.

Why did you ask? Is there some rule that says that the owner of a web-site has to update it at some specific frequency? After some specific newsworthy event(s)? Every time there is a certain number of views.

Ohhhhh! I get it… You can’t figure out why there is absolutely no mention of you or your book; “The True Story of DB Stupor.”

Well Robert, it’s like this… when you run a web-site like mine, you get a lot of information fed to you from all over the world. 99.9% of that information is stupid shit from kooks. Kooks who think their Dad, Uncle, Brother, Sister, Guardian Angel, or Dog Spot was DB Cooper. I don’t give them any space on my web site for three reasons:

#1. It is not in the best interest of protecting the integrity of the web-site.

#2. It is not of interest to the general readership (viewership) of the web-site.

#3. I own the God-damned thing, I pay for the domain, I pay for the bandwidth, I maintain it, and I say what goes in it.

The reasons that there is nothing about you or your book “Into the Bias” are numbers 1, 2, & 3.

BTW: You didn’t put the interview (either one of the two) you and Skip did of me in your newest book “Into the Trash: The Pooh Story of DB Cooper”. I’ll bet your reasons are pretty much like mine. But, then again, I’m not carping about it!

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Sluggo Monster says (in part):

'BTW: You didn’t put the interview (either one of the two) you and Skip did of me in your newest book..'

I only asked the question about website updates because that made as much sense as you asking me if I'd done the basic research. Yes, I read most of the FBI's seven-part PDF, the crew notes, the transcripts. Some of it I scanned over, also true.

Gayla Prociv, the CEO for Adventure Books, made the decision to decline on your interview within five minutes of seeing your responses. She said you either didn't answer some of the questions or you said others weren't important. She also mentioned something about a preaching tirade you went on that was completely unexpected. I will have to look at your answers again to see what she meant.

Had we included your responses, you would have simply asked us to remove them later anyway, since after you saw the book you called it trash. So everyone was saved much trouble on both sides, including the cost of text file reloading fees for us. If you are angry about it now, it sounds like sour grapes to me:

"I didn't want to be in your STUPID book, anyway!"

Really, Sluggo...give us a break here and don't mention the book at your website. It's the last thing we need.

Reviews of Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper at:

http://www.amazon.com/Into-Blast-True-Story-Cooper/dp/0982327129

Would I rather have the book picked up for a History Channel show or get 100% positive reviews at Amazon? You guess. (*laughs*)

You mean one excludes the other, in your case?

So you do hedge bets! No wonder you are so lose with facts.

Thats a bad policy, especially in your bsuiness.

And with the slim margin AB Books and you operate on that could be a disasterous policy, but I am sure
you are well acquainted with bankruptcy.

Here one day gone the next. Selling baloons in
a carnival would be easier-better. I thought you had a housecleaning gig? Cooper took a gamble. I see the connection. It's clear you are a risk taker. I see
the affinity to the chosen subject. It must have been your lucky day. Make a splash and run ...

RobertMBlevins said:

Gayla Prociv, the CEO for Adventure Books, made the decision to decline on your interview within five minutes of seeing your responses. She said you either didn't answer some of the questions or you said others weren't important. She also mentioned something about a preaching tirade you went on that was completely unexpected. I will have to look at your answers again to see what she meant.

Okay, that’s fair enough, let’s see what she objected to:

Interview with W. Wayne Walker

Mr Walker, a resident of Ashford, Alabama, runs the most comprehensive research site on the D.B. Cooper case, and has been investigating the hijacking of Flight 305 since 1975.

Porteous: I guess I’ll start with a very basic question. One of the biggest debates going on Cooper is whether or not he survived the jump. Do you believe he did?

Walker: I’m not a skydiver, so, I have to rely on what I hear from those who are. The chute he used was slightly modified and would have been what the skydivers call “a hard pull.” The chute he selected was a very reliable emergency-type chute. Therefore, the skydivers believe if he pulled… he survived (the terrain wasn’t as big a factor as generally believed). Also, Ms. Mucklow testified that he donned the chute like he had done it many times.

Those two issues taken together make me believe that he probably survived. He may have been injured, but not seriously.

Porteous: Stewardess Tina Mucklow testified that Cooper tried to hand her three packets of the ransom money, and that she refused it. Does anyone know whether he secured the money back into the money bag, or did he put it somewhere else after she refused it?

Walker: First, I’m not really sure it was offered to Mucklow alone. It may have been offered to all three cabin attendants or to Mucklow and Schaffner together (Alice Hancock probably was already off the plane).

The bag was open (it had no zipper or other method of closure) and he had not yet sealed it with parachute cord or attached to his body. Therefore, I can’t imagine why he would put the money anywhere other than back into the bag it came from.

Porteous: Along that same line, do you think these packets could be the same three packets that were found on the river in Vancouver, Washington in 1980?

Walker: I don’t see any evidence to support that theory. To make that assumption would be pure (unsupported) speculation.

Porteous: Is there any evidence to suggest that Cooper actually directed a flight plan to the crew beyond ‘we’re going to Mexico City’ and then later just agreeing to try for Reno?

Walker: Well, here you have hit a “Sluggo Hot Button!”

Early in the investigation there was a belief that Cooper was very knowledgeable about aviation. Then later, it was assumed (by the FBI) that he just had some tangential knowledge. I believe he was VERY familiar with aviation (generally) and the B-727-51 (specifically). I also believe he had studied the navigation charts (FAA Sectional Charts) and chose V-23 as the route he wanted the pilots to use. He did not specify Victor-23, but the things he did specify, made Victor-23 the only viable route southeast. This is a very complex issue, and I can go on for hours discussing it but, for simplicity sake, the best example of what I mean is that he ordered “gear down.” Gear down doesn’t make the plane fly slower, make the door (stairs) open wider, or make the jump safer. The only thing it does is increase fuel burn rate, hence eliminating other routes south.

Porteous: The F.B.I. has backed off from their initial theory that Cooper was either a paratrooper, or at least familiar with skydiving. What do you think?

Walker: I believe he had some familiarity with skydiving. Most likely it was military experience as a pilot, crew member, or loadmaster (kicker) in a military situation. Remember, when I say “military,” I’m not limiting it to the US Military, he was most likely Canadian.

Porteous: It’s been listed in most reports that Cooper said: ‘Looks like Tacoma (Washington) down there.’ At what exact point in the flight did he supposedly say this?

Walker: This is the most “over-quoted” and “under-meaningful” testimony in the NORJAK case. This event occurred prior to landing at Seattle. The plane was orbiting (in a holding pattern) out over the Puget Sound (from 15 to 20 nautical miles out). They were at 6,000 ft. MSL, on the 307-degree radial of the SEA VORTAC, out to the LOFAL intersection. The weather was scattered clouds at about 5,000 ft. MSL. They were flying a racetrack-like pattern. On each orbit, Cooper would have seen lights out the starboard (right-hand) windows for about two-minutes (as they turned at the south-most end of the loop). Anyone who knew that they were holding over the Puget Sound would know those lights were the Seattle-Tacoma area. In fact, what he probably saw was Seattle, not Tacoma.

Porteous: There have been some minor disputes about how many parachutes were left behind on Flight 305 by Cooper, and which ones he took with him. What do you know about this?

Walker: I’m not aware of a dispute. Sources in the FBI have clearly identified that the two chutes remaining on the plane were the “Sport Chute” and the workable reserve (opened and with some shock-cord removed). The two parachutes that were missing were the NB-8 (military-style emergency) and the dummy (training) reserve. Remember, there were no D-Rings on the NB-8 to attach a reserve.

Porteous: Robert Blevins and I were able to verify that Christiansen made two major cash purchases between the date of the hijacking and seven months later in July of 1972. One was a $5,000 cash loan to the sister of a man Christiansen had known and worked with for years. The other was a cash purchase of a house and lot in Bonney Lake, Washington that totaled $17,500. Just prior to the hijacking, Christiansen was taking home about $512 a month, had little in the bank, and lived in a very cheap apartment. Do these things, in your opinion, make him a stronger suspect?

Walker: No! Every flim-flam man, drug dealer, prostitute, thief, spy, and/or burgler makes purchases that their legal income doesn’t support. If there is other evidence that Christiansen was Cooper, then these purchases (beyond his apparent income) would corroborate the assumptions. But, as a stand-alone issue, they don’t mean much.

Porteous: Any other thoughts on the case you’d like to add?

Walker: Well, just a cautionary word to all authors, journalist, and researchers. This case has accumulated a mythology that is broader and stronger than the reality. Most of the published “facts” are born from this mythology (and therefore, aren’t facts at all). Initially the myths were propagated by law enforcement’s (LE) lack of candor when releasing public information. Then at the same time LE started “opening-up” to the public, the internet brought its “Cut-and-paste without any critical thinking” culture into the investigation. Finding irrefutable sources almost 40-years after the event is nearly impossible.

Porteous: Thank you for your time.

(Note from Robert to Wayne: Add your website address and some background about yourself below, and I will add it to the end of the interview for readers.)

Web address/background info/short bio goes here:

I am 61 years old, married, and getting crabby in my old age. I occasionally work as an Instructional Technologist, Health Physicist, or Human Performance Consultant to Commercial Nuclear Power, Department of Energy, and the National Nuclear Security Agency. Some of my other interests are: Geocaching, NASCAR racing, Amateur Radio, Music (I play trombone), Flying (I am a Private Pilot), hiking, and watching my grandson grow.

I have been interested in the Flt. 305 hijacking since just a few years after it occurred (approximately 1974 or 1975). In the early years after the hijacking, the only sources of information (mostly the print media) were already publishing half-truths and mangled facts. Finding quality information was very difficult. At that time, the FBI (the lead agency for the investigation) was not releasing very much information to the public. Since then (beginning in November of 2007) the FBI has started releasing more and more information and revealing some of the data gained from their investigation. The only problem is the new data is being applied to myths about NORJAK rather than the facts. To help remedy this situation, I have attempted to build a “one-stop shopping” website to be used by anyone who wants to know more about the facts in the case and save themselves a lot of time and energy. Sluggo’s “Northwest 305 Hijacking Research Web Site” can be found at http://N467US.com/ . If you wish to contact me you may e-mail me at [email protected] .

NOTE TO ROBERT and SKIP:
Please change name (in intro) to W. Wayne (Sluggo) Walker. There are more people that know me by “Sluggo” than by Wayne Walker.

I will be happy to write a bunch more about the V-23 issue. I just figured you want me to be brief. For more background go to http://n467us.com/Sluggo's%20Personal%20Research.htm to see some work-in-progress about this issue.

If the bio is too long delete FROM: Para 2 “… In the early years…” TO: (including) Para 2 “…To help remedy this situation,…” That should shorten it enough.

All,

See Robert’s point?

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I knew it was one of the folks who posted a lot more frequently in the past, and was one of the (few) reasonable and sane posters:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Sluggo: Well, I don't see anything too terribly bad about your responses for the interview, but then I'm not the one who made the actual call.

Does it REALLY matter whether the interview was 'good' or 'bad' or whether Gayla should have accepted it? You trashed the book after its release anyway (that's your perfect right) and you would have had us remove your interview, correct?

We would have had to re-edit the book, change the metadata on page count, and re-load the file to our distributor. This costs close to $500.

In hindsight, Gayla made the right choice. It would have been a waste of everyone's time to include your interview in the book.

Let's tally up; the Porteous-Blevins contribution
to the Cooper case so far, as seen on stage and
screen here (complete with credits).

1_ You can see I5 from a long way off right up
through the foothills of the Casades, ie. Cooper could have seen the lights of I5 from a distance.

2_ It was a normal mild Fall day on the ground
somewhere in the area of the crime on 11/24/71.
No mention of conditions above ground (I guess thats not important). Kenny Christiansen liked
nice weather, like Blevins likes the word NICE
and uses it frequently, therefore: KC was Cooper.

3_ P & B claim the FBI did not realise it was an
inside job and failed to investigate NWA, Boeing,
etal. P&B say that is how KC slipped through.

I have to wonder about their third claim. Will the
FBI issue a response? It's a very serious allegation.

Quote:
"The Federal Bureau of Investigation is an efficient organization, but even they make mistakes. And one of the biggest ones they ever made was in the D.B. Cooper case. They never looked to see it if could be an inside job. They never looked at employees as potential suspects. This made it possible for the hijacker to slip from their grasp just long enough to fade back into the community. He had good friends, faithful friends, who not only shared in the proceeds, but kept their mouths shut for decades." (http://intotheblast.blogspot.com/)

That is a unique review page on Amazon.com. One review had twenty two responses. I mean really, 22? Once again Robert Blevins is lamenting how he has more important things to do yet he keeps responding in painfully voluminous prose.

I may have discovered the source of Robert’s angst and self loathing. He is constantly being trumped by this person he frequently refers to in the third person as Gayla Prociv, The CEO of Adventure Books.

Envy is one of the deadly sins and Robert Blevins must be experiencing a crippling case of this. According to Robert’s own Newsvine article from April, Gayla was a mere bookkeeper at Adventure Books and within six months is the CEO (cue echo). Robert was passed over by a bookkeeper; imagine the rage which must dwell in his heart. You’re not good enough, don’t have the right stuff, not a decision maker, no balls, something is hanging out your nose, all the while others continue to succeed.

All this happened after Robert Blevins published another in depth interview laced with envy, success, money and intrigue. In 2008, Robert Blevins managed to track down a successful business owner that the entire staff of Adventure Books was jealous over because she made more money. What sort of person would enter the hallowed halls of Adventure Books and taunt the entire staff with their income statement? I mean really, tell the staff (entire staff) at Adventure Books how much you make in order to spark some jealousy.

http://adventurebooks.newsvine.com/_news/2008/06/14/1576793-how-to-hire-and-keep-a-good-housecleaner-interview

Well, it couldn’t be published if it was not true. And who was this successful, bathed in cash, business owner? That’s right, you got it… Gayla Prociv. From a simple interview, to entry as Adventure Books employee with a jealous staff, to CEO (cue echo again, add timpani drum beat).

I hope Sluggo will give Robert Blevins a break. Otherwise he may lose his job if he draws the angst of Gayla Prociv, CEO (Cue voice over: CEO Adventure Books Seattle, LLC; as well as five time winner of the ‘Buckeye Newshawk Award’ and holder of the coveted’ Silver Sow’. Cue cymbal flourish)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ks-6CqqvUs

Gayla Prociv. From a simple interview, to entry as Adventure Books employee with a jealous staff, to CEO (cue echo again, add timpani drum beat).

Maybe it boils down to who would give a public
presentation on a serious historical issue in their
t-shirt and tractor hat ?

I am ready to merge the Kenny Christiansen
story in with the Barb Dayton story. Were they
spawned by the same frame of mind?

The podium is draped with some gold foil thingy
that looks like it was pulled out of longterm storage in a hap sack, five minutes earlier. Did attendees wipe their shoes off at the door when entering?
Does Gayla make people wipe their shoes off at
ABC Books?

And will this all be decided at the sody fountain
at the local drug store? Will the Pharmacist trump
Gayla's decisions? Will the undertaker/mayor
get a vote and have final say? This whole thing
has a folksy homespun element to it that cannot
be dismissed, which made be good or bad?

I just love Democracy in action -

Folks we have here one slightly used Cooper
Theory. Do I hear a dollah? Do I hear 50 cents?
Gimme a gimme a gimme a dollah, do I hear a
dollah, pleez! One dollah bid by the man from
Shawnee Creek. Do I have two dollah? Gimme a
gimme a gimme two dollah ... folks, this thing is worth at least $20 dollah maybe $40 in New York City ... do I have two dollahs? Come on folks IS THERE ANYONE IN THERE? BE NICE gimme two dollah ... there it is, the man from ABC Books ...
do I hear three dollah, come on folks gimme a gimme a gimme three $3.00 dollah ... do I hear three dollah ? There's the man from the History Channel with a five spot in his hand ... do I have three dollah? Do I have two fifty?........ SOLD!
to the man from the History Channel for $2 dollah fifty cents. Let's move on to the three headed sheep ... do I have $3 dollah ?