47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Sluggo said:

"your book “Into the Bias”

funny.

Sluggo also said:

" I own the God-damned thing, I pay for the domain, I pay for the bandwidth, I maintain it, and I say what goes in it. "

God says the exact same same thing about the world as we know it Sluggo. It is toned done in scripture, but the message is the same.;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

'If God did not exist...it would be necessary to invent him.'

Voltaire

'Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. ...'

Albert Einstein

'God don't make no mistakes...that's how he got to be God.'

Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor)

'I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much...'

Mother Teresa

Ask your pharmacist about any antidiarrheal medication you're considering taking, to
make sure that it does not interact with
medications you are already taking.

Read more: How to Treat Diarrhea | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_14963_treat-diarrhea.html#ixzz133wjgMV1

georger observed:

“The podium is draped with some gold foil thingy that looks like it was pulled out of longterm storage in a hap sack…”

I noticed that also and felt it was worth some further, crack analysis. So, after some crack…..

I tried to vectorize and saturate the primary colors from the 256 grey scale, spectrum using pseudo polarization, V6.348 (of course) and extracting anything that was excluded from the Swirling equation for image conflation.

Nothing but noise. Looks like this is a dead end.

... From the first witness I interviewed ('Dawn J') who identified the tie tac before she even knew why I was asking, ...

I find this piece of evidence very interesting Robert. Richard McCoy's family is reported to have made the same claim about Cooper's tie pin being the one they knew Richard owned and wore.

If the DB Cooper case is a group project, the tie pin might be a "tell."

Also, do you or Skipp have any ideas why the tie and pin were entered into the evidentiary collection four days after the skyjacking, and that according to Calame and Rhodes none of the FBI's collection team remember seeing the tie aboard the plane when they searched it in Reno.

Any thoughts?

I saw a recent post on this thread claiming that there were many pieces of the found currency scattered about the banks of the Columbia back in 1980. I would like to see some verification on this claim.

This information comes from two main sources, as far as I know. First is Himmelsbach, in his book, where he says that shards of money were found, some as deep as three feet down.

The more intruiging source is Dorwin Schroeder, who was the feds' PIO during the Tina Beach dig. He told me and other investigators that there were thousands of shards found over a thirty-yard area, and that they were collected in plastic baggies.

However, I have never seen a photo of any shard baggie despite the many times Larry and the loot has been on TV or photographed, which makes me suspect that a lot of shards were ever collected.

... Damn, that name Anderson cropped up again. I wonder where that guy got off to? And... why would no one want to talk to the #1 on Flt 305 (Alice (Peg) Hancock). She should have a lot of answers... After all, she was in charge of the Cabin Attendents (Stewardesses in the day).

If you locate them, Slug, please share what you discuss. Even better, please ask them if you can pass on their contact information.

I have tried vigorously to locate both Andy Anderson and Alice and have been unsuccessful. However, I have met one individual who has talked with both, and he says that they are very circumspect and don't wish to have unbridled contact about the case.

It is my understanding that both individuals are still alive.

The more intruiging source is Dorwin Schroeder, who was the feds' PIO during the Tina Beach dig.

Nonsense. He was not the PIO of the dig!
He wasnt at Tina Bar for more than part
of a day!

He was however one of the first to arrive
at Tina Bar, called about 11:00am and asked
to pick up and help organise others being sent
to Tina Bar because other agents were tied up.
So in a weak sense I suppose he was in charge
for a couple of hours until others arrived. It was
a very fluid situation with people of all sorts
arriving and leaving, some coming back, some
not.

He went back to his regular assignment (robbery
duty) the next day and never did return to Tina
Bar.

The agent who had jurisdiction who was technically
in charge was the Vancouver head agent, whose name Im not going to give - he is deceased in
any event.

The more intruiging source is Dorwin Schroeder, who was the feds' PIO during the Tina Beach dig.

Nonsense. He was not the PIO of the dig.
He was only at Tina Bar for part of a day.

to pick up tools and help organise others being
sent to Tina Bar, and to deal with the press,
because other agents were tied up. So in a weak
sense I suppose he was in charge for a couple
of hours until others arrived. It was a very
fluid situation with people of all sorts arriving
and leaving, some coming back, some not.

Bar.

The agent who had jurisdiction who was
technically in charge was the Vancouver
head agent, whose name Im not going to
give - he is deceased in any event.

[adendum] Dorwin was chosen becuase of his
negotiating skills and to deal with the press.

Robert you’re right. I was making (made) a fool of myself. When I read your article on how to hire a housecleaner, I actually believed it. I’m so ashamed.

You were not interviewing a successful, local business owner, like you portrayed in the article, but the woman who you share a bed with. I feel like such an utter cretin.

You probably weren’t even asking questions the way you represented in the article. I’ll bet you just wrote that article out of whole cloth. Man, when you asked if you should TIP a housecleaner, I was on pins and needles waiting for the answer. Now I realize you were just shilling for your wife, even though you made no such mention of this relationship in your article. I guess there is no need for full disclosure, honesty, ethics or integrity.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your Bud Lights, frozen margaritas and big screen TV this weekend. I’ll be drinking warm salt water (from a can) and eating my own heart out while glancing over some strangers shoulder to see their text messages on a cell phone as usual.

“I guess in the grand scheme of things, everything has turned out just the way it should have” - Homer (Simpson)

Nonsense. He was not the PIO of the dig!
He wasnt at Tina Bar for more than part
of a day!

to pick up and help organise others being sent
to Tina Bar because other agents were tied up.
So in a weak sense I suppose he was in charge
for a couple of hours until others arrived. It was
a very fluid situation with people of all sorts
arriving and leaving, some coming back, some
not.

Bar.

The agent who had jurisdiction who was technically
in charge was the Vancouver head agent, whose name Im not going to give - he is deceased in
any event.

You may be correct, G; all I can share is what Schroeder told me. Not only did he say he was the PIO, given the job at the last minute as you describe, but also that he became the overall PIO for the Portland office afterwards.

It sounds like you have quite a bit of information about the nature of the FBI dig. Why not share it, in toto?

Robert you’re right. I was making (made) a fool of myself. When I read your article on how to hire a housecleaner, I actually believed it. I’m so ashamed.

You were not interviewing a successful, local business owner, like you portrayed in the article, but the woman who you share a bed with. I feel like such an utter cretin.

You probably weren’t even asking questions the way you represented in the article. I’ll bet you just wrote that article out of whole cloth. Man, when you asked if you should TIP a housecleaner, I was on pins and needles waiting for the answer. Now I realize you were just shilling for your wife, even though you made no such mention of this relationship in your article. I guess there is no need for full disclosure, honesty, ethics or integrity.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your Bud Lights, frozen margaritas and big screen TV this weekend. I’ll be drinking warm salt water (from a can) and eating my own heart out while glancing over some strangers shoulder to see their text messages on a cell phone as usual.

“I guess in the grand scheme of things, everything has turned out just the way it should have” - Homer (Simpson)

I feel like such a cretin too - and embrace the
primary Hankism: stupid is as stupid does.

You may be correct, G; all I can share is what Schroeder told me. Not only did he say he was the PIO, given the job at the last minute as you describe, but also that he became the overall PIO for the Portland office afterwards.

reply] Portland was not in charge of the dig.
The site was in Washington, at Vancouver.
Vancouver had technical juridiction. Seattle was
in charge, in any event.

Otherwise go back and read what I have already posted, especially the part about prior negotiating
skills and dealing with the press, as the press was
arriving at Tina Bar. Agents had secured a perimeter, the road to the Fazios was closed as
the Fazios were soon to discover, and Dorwin took
charge on the beach ... in addition to everything
else needing to be done (tools collected, people
coordinated and given duties, etc etc etc).

Dorwin went back to regular duty (robbery) the
next day. Ok?

You guys are really having a BLAST into the Past the last few days. While all of this has been going on some REAL research has been going on. Not everyone is looking for riches or fame - some of us are looking for the truth.

I was lost and now I am found.
This quote from the Bible has guided me recently. Tonight I became a believer for the second time in my life...having been raised a solid Christian and then turning away from my faith because I felt forsaken.

I may never be vindicated, but I do believe in God - and that there is a hereafter. I said a prayer 7 days ago asking for a sign. I got a lot more than I bargained for, because the next morning I had my sign...and God has been by my side ever since...every step and mile and on every horizon.

Perhaps Blevins should be doing a little praying right now - he is going to need a miracle. His book is a WASH before it hits the stands.......
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Mr. Blevins writes:

I'll bet you any amount that we have more fun in life by the time we finish our morning coffee than you've had in the last year.

Are you sayin you n Gayla skydive before your morning coffee... or something else?

She is cute Robert. Good for you. As the kids say, you "pwned" your cynical snipers.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/iphone/#define?term=pwnd

BTW, the person in charge of the Tena Bar crime scene dig was Alexander Haig.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo writes:

You guys are really having a BLAST into the Past the last few days. While all of this has been going on some REAL research has been going on. Not everyone is looking for riches or fame - some of us are looking for the truth.

At a DZ nobody with any brains is looking for riches or fame or if they are they will wise up before long - and NOBODY is looking for the truth.

It really is refreshing to get away from all this "moral quest" stuff and just go for the pure hedonism.

As the kids say, you "pwned" your cynical snipers.

The cynical sniper "pwned" himself by way of stupidity and arrogance.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'Perhaps Blevins should be doing a little praying right now - he is going to need a miracle. His book is a WASH before it hits the stands.......'

Yeah...prayer is called for. It will be a miracle when I can finally extricate myself from this Cooper thing. As far as the book being a wash, sales continue to be steady, although not huge by any means. Besides, we discontinued any marketing efforts two months ago until the new version comes out. Still, the Kindle Version keeps popping in and out of the top 100 crime books at Amazon.

What the heck...chasing the Cooper case has been a big headache from the word go, although sometimes it HAS been interesting. The only really bad part was having to suspend everything else at AB and spend all my free time traveling and interviewing people. It's football season, you know. (*laughs*)

I've come to the conclusion that after the History Channel show airs, there will be a spike in sales for a while for the new version of the book. Then people will either be convinced we're onto something or they won't. Not much I can do about that. And then I'm moving on. Never again will AB spend so many resources on a single book. Never.

Welcome to the "Cooper Zone" Mr Blevins. Your book will continue to sell. Forever. Not spectacularly, but steadily.

It will be dissected, critiqued, vilified and deified.

And you will be forever remembered for it, no matter what else you do.
Win the Nobel for literature? You will be reported as the author of the Nobel winning book, and the editor of the book on DB Cooper.

In the not too distant future, any errors in it will morph into truth, and any truths will be dismissed as errors.

Books on Cooper don't have to be accurate, they just have to sound good.
The rare few (Sluggo, georger, and a select few others outside the strange and wonderful community of weirdos who throw themselves from planes on purpose) who know the facts from the legends (1:100 or better) won't really argue with you because it's pointless.

The truth may come out, or not.

If and when it actually does, many will refuse to believe it.

And I'm going to disagree with 377 just a bit on the 'most fun" thing. There is one thing better than skydiving (and it's jumping too, in it's own way).

But skydiving is a very close second.

Have you jumped yet, Mr Blevins? You need to try it, even just a tandem to start to understand us and why we do what we do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

More great programming from the cult series on
The History Channel to be shown over the winter:

While scanning the evening offerings on the boob tube I noticed that the History channel is running a whole series of programs to advance America’s historical literacy.

The program? –The Holy Grail in America.
The program will examine “evidence” that the Knights Templar came to America in 1362 and hid the Holy Grail. "Examine evidence?" - what evidence?

More shit you can slim your life with from on the socalled History Channel this Fall is:

– The Seven Deadly Sins,
- The Naked Archeologist,
- UFO’s of the Bible (WTF),
- Nostradomus.
- Mayan prophesies
- Ancient Serial Murders
- and some moronic D. B. Cooper fiction.

Never mind, this type of programming seriously damages the legitimacy of the History channel
as an honest broker of historical information– the History International channel suffers the same affliction.

Just turn the channel or turn the boob tube off!
Spend your life and your money elsewhere.

I agree with the analysis of the life cycle of any D B Cooper book. Don’t like it, but think it is the most comprehensive forecast given in 18,000 comments.

Forget facts, they are ephemeral in the best of conditions. The Dan Cooper Comic as a case in point. Started on this very thread in 2008 by snowmman and has gone full circle. From tongue and cheek suggestion to listing on the FBI website to being verified by a man who was on Shemya in 1951 to publication. Keep it in the book. Jo Weber was the only one on this thread to notice or even catch the Dan Cooper Comic myth after it was terrorizing villagers. Gotta admit, it is hilarious how the very group that spawned that fiction didn’t even recognize the fruits of their loins. And no one bothered to ‘Google’ the damn thing for publication dates before asking a leading or loaded question for verification. No one will notice or care. Keep it in the book.

Then tie in something homegrown in Washington that is freaky, I mean freaky. After all, you have to overcome the transsexual mechanic theory and I know just the candidate. Mr. Hands. That’s right, D B Cooper met his maker as the victim of some uncontrolled horsepower. It is perfect. More salacious than any previous story, the guy is dead, worked for Boeing (HELLOOOO!!!) and it happened in Enumclaw; 100% instant unquestionable creditability.

Just treat it like everything else and don’t look to close or think about it. Much like eating a hot dog, you can enjoy it.

A few comments since the party yesterday, I see.

On the History Channel show, I made a point of saying that the so-called Cooper comic had NOT been linked to Shemya. Like anything regarding this case, sometimes you get it right and sometimes you screw up. I was led into the comic thing by the FBI posting, which on the face of it sounded reasonable.

Sure, it's possible that the hijacker saw the comic somewhere, sometime before the hijacking and took the name. But even if he did, it's a lame clue to any ID of the hijacker and probably goes nowhere.

As far as strange shows on the History Channel, you could say that for many of the cable networks. Look at Bravo, for example, or any of those so-called reality shows, which are FAR from reality. Housewives from here or there, women arguing for the camera with a director behind them, etc. It's all baloney.

I am interested in The Truth, however. Currently, I'm going through the DB Cooper book and dumping anything that we got wrong and adding things we have verification on, or witness testimony to support. I don't think there's much else I can do. The Christiansen thing is just a theory, that's it.

I'm also considering changing the title of the book and assigning a new ISBN, and dropping the other book completely. This is expensive, but I TOLD Skipp that naming it 'the true story of DB Cooper' when it was only a theory was going to cause problems. I warned him of this, but he was the main author and he insisted on it. (He says he's 95% sure Christiansen was the skyjacker)

I don't know...(*holds head in hands and groans*)

Well, on a happier note, the party was a lot of fun yesterday. We watched college football, although I avoided the frozen marguaritas and stuck with a few Bud Lights instead. Now I have to clean the office before Gayla returns from California this evening. (laughs)

well, you started out with nothing and still have
most of it left.

Given the gravity of the situation you should start over, at least three more times.

Georger says in part:

'well, you started out with nothing and still have most of it left...'

So YOU say. That's your personal opinion, of course. In reality, we have a fair amount of evidence and much of it comes from people who are still alive and can actually be contacted or interviewed. This makes the situation regarding KC a lot more solid than say...Gossett or Weber...neither of whom can even be placed in the same state(s) at the actual time of the hijacking, and where many of the so-called witnesses are dead.

I remind you that History Channel execs checked out our story for at least two months before they made a decision whether to go with Christiansen or William Gossett.

One thing I've noticed about you, Georger: You like to say we have 'nothing' a lot...but you avoid answering some of the claims we've actually made, such as when I posted up that 'Top 12 Reasons KC Could Be The Hijacker'. You kind of side-stepped that one. I can list them for you again if you want, just so you won't have go back and search them out. (If you want to try answering them, that is.)

The History Channel concluded that the Gossett claim had little or no merit and that the Christiansen story was worth a look. They did give a brief look at Weber for DB, but rejected that theory as well.

One of the reasons they rejected Gossett was because of Galen Cook's ridiculous 'Janet-Saw-A-Guy-on-The-Airstairs-From-9,000-feet' story. And also because either the witnesses were dead or just other family members.

"I remind you that History Channel execs checked out our story for at least two months before they made a decision whether to go with Christiansen or William Gossett. "

Funny. Cheap bastards.

Keep the bluebird chirping and the buffalo fed.