47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo, After getting away with the money for 7+ years, why would Cooper or anyone else throw money in the river in 1979? If Cooper was alive in 1979 then he was basically home free. And why would he throw it in a location where it would end up at Tina Bar since that is not where he was thought to have landed and the find would only reactivate the invetigation.

Robert

The Palmer Report is a theory based on some fairly good research. It may or may not be accurate. There is a lot of frustration about the found money because it says much less than it implies.

I am willing to bet you have never seen muchless read the Palmer report.

Jo, After getting away with the money for 7+ years, why would Cooper or anyone else throw money in the river in 1979? If Cooper was alive in 1979 then he was basically home free. And why would he throw it in a location where it would end up at Tina Bar since that is not where he was thought to have landed and the find would only reactivate the invetigation.

Robert

This is a perfectly valid point. Blevin's hypothesis - that it was meant to be found earlier - is also a reasonable one (in my opinion).
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I was following along with the logic and assumptions up to the stated preference for ‘Bananarama’s Venus’.

First is that Freudian name… Bananarama, just what sort of a ‘Sausagefest’ moniker is that supposed to be? Just one of the many insidious names which crept into the 80’s like Wham, Culture Club and Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH3WvI_S6-k

The video is exactly what I would expect from an English, girl group. Three mousy voices could not replace Mariska’s and the choreography represents the best one could expect from some white suburban girls from a country where meat is boiled as a way to make children cry. But the overtones are richly apparent and oft repeated.

Can one truly compare the eunuch backed version to the daring and poignant performance of Shocking Blue with Mariska adding endless production values with the band in front of monkey cages? From a deep Brenda Vaccaro meets Suzanne Pleshette voice to a trio named after bananas? Bananas are consumed by monkeys then thrown at zoo patrons. Could the producers have been any more obvious? Not since Perry Mason sparred with Hamilton Burger (hamburger… another food reference) has a more transparent innuendo been crafted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2DBcbZc3ck

Mariska was trying to forewarn the general public about the eventuality of Flight 305 with a sultry Gypsy approach while Bananarama transmitted little more than some homo erotic images backed by some synthesized and primitive tribal beat now used in Dutch, dance clubs where wooden shoes have long been replaced by Doc Martens; if you know what I mean.

Was Mariska ever recognized for her efforts? It will be a moot point since she died around four years ago and Shocking Blue broke up in 1974. Yet Bananarama still performs music they have licensed from other groups and are no doubt plotting a remake of Black Betty or Freebird. Would Warhol be allowed to paint over a Monet? Yeah, life’s fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=fvst

This and the Bananarama song are precisely 3 minutes and 33 seconds each. Think this will be all that is needed to compel any jury to convict.

On the count of felony, music molestation and dance douchebaggery while inducing a seizure, aforethought, how find you?

Robert

This is a perfectly valid point. Blevin's hypothesis - that it was meant to be found earlier - is also a reasonable one (in my opinion).

If you want it to be found, you do not throw something as small as a hand full of money in the Columbia River, much less bury it somewhere. Within a couple of days of the hijacking, Cooper would have known that his FBI estimated landing area was wrong and that he didn't have much to fear from them. So he would plant any clues in an area where he didn't land such as the place where the FBI was looking.

But I am one of those who subscribes to the theory that Cooper died within one minute of separating from the aircraft. That is, before 8:20 PM PST on November 24, 1971 Cooper had Met His Maker.

Robert

From Rataczak's interview for Into The Blast:

'Another time (Cooper got upset) was when the money that was to be brought in by Tina was brought in a hap sack, a bag. I’m not quite sure how to describe the bag other than it was a very coarse hap sack with a leather shoulder strap across it and a leather handle and the $200,000 was in that. He wanted a hiking-type knapsack, but knapsacks weren’t as popular then as they are nowadays, where every kid in the street has one...'

something like the attached?

Thats some hap sack bank security bag. I presume
a zipper & lock on the top? A closed security bank bag like is commonly used for delivering documents
and such ... just as has been discussed here before!
Why dont Rat and Tina meet and straighten this out?
Why is Rataczak using you as his spokesperson!?

NEW info just keeps pouring in from sources ...

That bag could last forever in the elements. That
bag could float all the way to China on a raft of papyrus... just as Moses & Moroni did.

How come the big discrepancy between what Rat
is now saying and what others have testified to in the past, including Tina? Tina and Rat really need to meet and hash this out ...

Was Cooper given the shoulder strap attached to the hap sack?

Should we be looking for a Polish Hap Sack made
by Racz & Co. in Budepesht ?

I was following along with the logic and assumptions up to the stated preference for ‘Bananarama’s Venus’.

First is that Freudian name… Bananarama, just what sort of a ‘Sausagefest’ moniker is that supposed to be? Just one of the many insidious names which crept into the 80’s like Wham, Culture Club and Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Hm, and you didn't even mention Bananarama's two collaborations with the Fun Boy Three ...
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Robert_Blevins,

Sometimes you make some good points; unfortunately this is not one of those times.

First, you probably misunderstood my hastily prepared post of this morning. My point was Rataczak was sitting in the 1st Officer's seat with the cockpit door shut (mostly) and with the handsome bodies of (one or both) Alice* and Flo blocking the door when it was open.

Fact: No one from the cockpit left the cockpit throughout the ordeal. (That is Scott, Rataczak, and Anderson*).

Now you may "pick and choose" what you want to accept as fact (I certainly do, and so do many others), but some things are accepted just because "they make good sense". Read the transcripts, and then make it work.

Why would Rataczak say he never left the cockpit in 1971 and then say he saw the bag in 2010? Well, because there are 39 years of time to forget, embellish, wish, prevaricate, and brag in the interval.

Of course, if you really believe the FBI is that incompetent, then you wouldn't believe them if they announced solving the crime tomorrow. Unless, it was Kenny Christ that is! I'm sure you would believe them then.

Just go on about your task of locating data-points that will fit along the curve you previously plotted. That's the way a REAL investigation is conducted.

PS:* Damn, that name Anderson cropped up again. I wonder where that guy got off to? And... why would no one want to talk to the #1 on Flt 305 (Alice (Peg) Hancock). She should have a lot of answers... After all, she was in charge of the Cabin Attendents (Stewardesses in the day).

I read in a book once that, Judas Iscariot talked a bunch for "thirty pieces of silver", I wonder how many pieces of silver it would take to get Peg and Harry to talk. Hmmmmmm! I'll work on that.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Robert, You have it backwards. A REAL investigation determines the data points and then plots the curve. Otherwise, you have the curve (or theory) determining which data points are accepted or rejected and thus driving the investigation. Admittedly, there are instances when some data points must be rejected for one reason or another but that is the exception rather than the rule. But valid data points must be the driving force in any meaningful investigation.

Robert

Robert, We actually agree on something I think. Despite the statements in Himmelsbach's book, there is no actual evidence to support the idea that weather was a major factor in this hijacking. Indeed there were clouds and some rain and icing at altitude, but that was just another day at the office.

Robert

As far as Rataczak seeing the money bag or not, he didn't exactly say in his interview, ... You'll have to ask Rataczak for any more details on that.

Rataczak seemed sure about the description and type. You DO know he has done a lot of research on the case, right?

So now you are backing down from your previous statement? : "Co-pilot Bill Rataczak was interviewed for the book and got a good look at the money bag. He described it as a 'hapsack'.

Maybe you are a hapwriter?

Does Rataczak know you are quoting him as you are?

You could be making it very difficult for anyone who
follows you and might want to try and communicate with Rataczak.

But I seriously doubt you care -

The fact is, I have yet to see anything new in any
thing you have said or raised since coming to Dropzone, which wasn't already said or covered before - except for one or two highly debatable
points you have presented as facts and then had
to retreat from.

The sad part is it probably does not matter.
You reply on that in your opportunism!

Georger: As usual, you cherry-pick and misquote my comments. Not a REAL surprise.

I posted your exact words.

If you want us to bypass what you write and quote
only what you wish, then PLEASE put brackets or something around what you write indicating what
you will allow and wish us to quote in replying ...
we are not mind readers.

Does your Lordship have any further instructions
for his subjects?

Re the money and the Treasury dept:

That was discussed a long time ago. The conclusion was that the serial numbers are not recorded. They just keep track of the amount destroyed. It was generally agreed that unless a large number of $20s showed up at a bank, the numbers never would have been checked.

Re the money bag:

SafecrackingPLF (I think) did a lot of research on this. He even found the company that made the bag that was used and got an exact description, including pictures.

I searched around a bit for the posts these things were in, but I couldn't find them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

That was discussed a long time ago. The conclusion was that the serial numbers are not recorded. They just keep track of the amount destroyed. It was generally agreed that unless a large number of $20s showed up at a bank, the numbers never would have been checked.

Re the money bag:

SafecrackingPLF (I think) did a lot of research on this. He even found the company that made the bag that was used and got an exact description, including pictures.

I searched around a bit for the posts these things were in, but I couldn't find them.

The Death Woods have swallowed them up as well.

It’s the Sasquatch I tell ya... I notice there is someone who has not been posting and conspicuously absent .. perhaps they got lost in there too finally... that or Sasquatch caught them and made them his bitch.:ph34r:

Re the money bag:

Bless you! Someone is paying attention.

Moreover Safe's work on the bag was checked
(double checked) by others on the science panel.
We would not leave something like this to chance
because it was a basic requirement we know what
the bag consisted of, organically. I mean if you are
going to look at money and debris then you must
have some idea what to look for - correct? Thanks
for bringing this up because frankly I was going to sit here and say nothing, for many reasons. Thank you!

The same procedure was followed in the case of the
rubber bands and other consistuents of this case ...

If you look at Rats supposed quote below there is
something wrong, in my estimattion, or Rat literally
does not know what a hap sack is vs a shoulder slung heavy bank security bag possible with zipper
and a hasp for a lock ?

------------------------------------------------------------
'Another time (Cooper got upset) was when the money that was to be brought in by Tina was brought in a hap sack, a bag. I’m not quite sure how to describe the bag other than it was a very coarse hap sack with a leather shoulder strap across it and a leather handle and the $200,000 was in that. He wanted a hiking-type knapsack, but knapsacks weren’t as popular then as they are nowadays, where every kid in the street has one...'

Hap Sack:
"Webster's Haitian Creole - English Thesaurus Dictionary - Google Books ResultInc Icon Group International, Philip M. Parker - 2008 - Foreign Language Study - 440 pages
... (adj) powder. sache bag; synonyms (n) pocket, pouch, package, briefcase, purse, sack, ... sak sack; synonyms (n) pocket, pouch, sac, poke, purse,

A universal and critical dictionary of the English language: to ... - Google Books ResultJoseph Emerson Worcester, John Walker - 1854 - Language Arts & Disciplines - 956 pages
A hap sack, or bundle of wool ; second, any large bulky and light container usually made of cloth like a laundry bag or throw away floppy clothes container. — (Late Obs) The seat of the lord- chancellor of England, and of the wool stuffed seats of the judges in the House of Lords. ...
-----------------------------------------------------

Lightness of the bag is implicit, in contrast to
Rataczak's description of a heavy coarse
shoulder strapped bag capable of being
secured and containing weight (containing
20+ lbs of bundled money).

And in spite of what kind of bag it was we have lengthy testimony as to what was done with the contents of the bag by Cooper.

I could be wrong but something tells me Rat never
intended his remarks to be taken and made into a formal statement by Mr. Blevins and that is Blevin's
own work independent of what Rat thought would happen?

In addition it is almost common knowledge that Mr. Rataczak took himself off the active call-in list a
long time ago, for some reason, so Mr/ Blevin's
advice 'just call him' may be a dead-ender and
a non-starter Blevins is aware of even as he is
saying, 'just call him'? It does not work the way
Blevins is saying it does. I can personally testify
to that fact. Blevins just got lucky. That's how it
appears to me ...

Re the money bag:

The Death Woods have swallowed them up as well.

It’s the Sasquatch I tell ya... I notice there is someone who has not been posting and conspicuously absent .. perhaps they got lost in there too finally... that or Sasquatch caught them and made them his bitch.:ph34r:

now now, be kind. we all make mistakes. we all
have a bias. ;)

Personally I do not get why ANYONE who was involved that night would want to be incessantly hounded by the next GREAT INVESTIGATOR.

Why do people feel that anyone OWES them the right to waste their time?

I like Earl Cossey's tude about it all.:ph34r::ph34r:

I do too. Yours is the under statement of the Cooper
era but you already know that!

Personally I do not get why ANYONE who was involved that night would want to be incessantly hounded by the next GREAT INVESTIGATOR.

Why do people feel that anyone OWES them the right to waste their time?

I like Earl Cossey's tude about it all.:ph34r::ph34r:

I do too. Yours is the under statement of the Cooper
era but you already know that!

;)

Amazon said:

I notice there is someone who has not been posting and conspicuously absent .. perhaps they got lost in there too finally... that or Sasquatch caught them and made them his bitch.

I think you would be surprised where that poster is right now. She doesn't have unlimited access to a computer where she is right now. When she gets access, I'm sure she'll post a lot.

I respect her for what she is doing. I believe 377 will also. She’ll tell her story when she’s ready.

She’s stubborn, single-minded, resistive to positive criticism…… but that gal has got guts!

You can write that down as a direct quote. You can even put it in a book if you want to. ;)

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum