47 47
quade

DB Cooper

You're all crazy wrote

That is what I was trying to get at when I said it was stupid to think he was using a CB to communicate with the ground. I should have said "ground microwave towers", or just "microwave towers"

Duane had a very skilled CB tech. An extra switch in the back for VHF aero band comms, another for microwave. Amazing what can be done at those truck stop CB shops. For another couple a hundred you can get the digital spread spectrum satcom mod. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Robert, why are you continuing to be stuck on the stairs opening at 24-36 inches. this makes no difference in how he jumped. that is what the position of the stairs were before any weight was on it.

your pictures are not showing anything to do with having gear below you while you jump.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Robert99

Jo will probably explain that she passed a watch 'over a map
where VORs reside!

now I want you to place your hands on the screen and pray
with me as follows ...

:D:D:D

Jo works this forum like a pro - if you get suckered in, it's your
fault!

:o

Are you saying that Jo was conning the thread a while back when she claimed that she was channeling Duane through the oatmeal?

Robert99

:D:D

"...If you are referring to Cossey - that might be right, but as there has been a lot of confusing information on that stand point. What it finally came down to was who was re-imbursed for what on the chutes, but the government.

Bruce added to this confusion as he knew nothing like myself about chutes..."

Reply,

Ah, my work has been invoked, again, although I'm not exactly sure what Mrs. Cooper is referring to. Nevertheless, regarding re-imbursements for the parachutes, Earl Cossey told me that he was paid by Northwest for the two back chutes he alledegly owned and supplied. However, the "not-used chute" was not returned to Cossey by the FBI, according to Geoffrey, from his interview with Coss.

As for Norman, I recall that he was paid by Northwest for the "lease" of the back chutes, and his "not-used chute" was returned to him by the FBI years after the skyjacking, and after a protracted law suit conducted in Washington, DC.

I've been in New York for the past few weeks for the holidays, and just got back last night. So, what's new here? Any more developments about the return of Larry Carr to Seattle and Norjak, plus the emergence of Special Agents Jake and Jimmie?

I plan on leaving Cooper Country in the next few months to take my manuscript to LA. But first, I will be videoing lots of Cooper stuff in all the sites around here, such as Ariel, Tina Bar, the Washougal, PDX, SEA, Museum of Flight and a Cooper vane on a 727, Thun Field, etc.

My intention is to have both videos and a manuscript to show folks in Los Angeles. Also, goal is to put a substantive amount of material on YouTube and have a body of work in visual form. I think the Cooper story and the FBI's investigation of Norjak will make a great documentary series - kind of like Ken Burns' "Civil War" on PBS.

Robert, the stairs have railing on them. with a wind load on the stairs they are not going to drop very fast. how would you not stand a chance of tripping going backwards? the stairs will not fully extend with a wind load on them.

you assume too much.
you assumed Kenny paid cash for his house.
you assumed Kenny paid $10 for a piece of property
you assumed the piece of wood in the attic was built by Kenny.
you assumed the apartment complex just a couple years old was a flea bag resort.
you assumed there is no reason Kenny should have almost 200 grand in the bank when he died.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

"...'As for Norman, I recall that he was paid by Northwest for the "lease" of the back chutes, and his "not-used chute" was returned to him by the FBI years after the skyjacking, and after a protracted law suit conducted in Washington, DC..."

Close. Hayden said he just paid a lawyer to send the FBI an official letter and it worked. The FBI decided not to fight Hayden on it and returned the parachute without any lawsuit..."

Reply:

That's what Norman told you, Robert, but that's what he told me. There's an interesting variation between what he said to you and what I heard from him, such as were he bought the chutes, and of course the return of the NUC.

Enough of all of the cutting and hacking - WHAT are you going to do when a representative for the WA power and dam - are confronted by old & new articles that mention this Glitch with the Grids & the dismissal of the man at the controls that night.

Remember Tina noted something sticking out of the top of the briefcase - it was green. Remember the old back brace with the staves in it - something he could NO longer get around his large girth, but refused to allow it be thrown away?

No one ever found the brief case yet everyone feels certain he would have chose the satchel over the case - but the case was evidence - what do you bet it had a receiver in it? Or perhaps it blew to pieces before it hit the ground.

Now that is just movie stuff. But the brief case was loaded with evidence that would convict Cooper and his accomplices! - So what is a guy to do! HOLD on for dear life!

The briefcase was NEVER found. Did he bury it and then go back for it? He needed the damn chute to protect him until his pickup could locate him. He had receiver set up in several place - he had to keep moving and he was running out of options. He was missing the pick-up.

So who was the pick-up...and who was the skyjacker...how many were involved? This story could have endless endings but there is only one!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

Bruce Smith says in part:

'As for Norman, I recall that he was paid by Northwest for the "lease" of the back chutes, and his "not-used chute" was returned to him by the FBI years after the skyjacking, and after a protracted law suit conducted in Washington, DC...'

Close. Hayden said he just paid a lawyer to send the FBI an official letter and it worked. The FBI decided not to fight Hayden on it and returned the parachute without any lawsuit.

Good luck on your trip to LA. I imagine you may at least modestly cover Kenny Christiansen, and that's okay. If you plan on using any material or photos copyrighted by AB of Seattle, please obtain permission first. You can contact me about this by email if needed. I would almost certainly give permission after hearing how you want to use that material and how it would be presented. No charge...but I will ask for that courtesy.

Best advice: Get an agent. I know something about these things, since I have an AAR agent, although I haven't subbed anything through her in years. try this link for an A-Z list of management firms.

You're probably getting advice from a LOT of people I'll bet. :)
Edit: Shutter says in part...

***'Robert, the stairs have railing on them. with a wind load on the stairs they are not going to drop very fast. how would you not stand a chance of tripping going backwards? the stairs will not fully extend with a wind load on them.

1) you assume too much.
2) you assumed Kenny paid cash for his house.
3) you assumed Kenny paid $10 for a piece of property
4) you assumed the piece of wood in the attic was built by Kenny.
5) you assumed the apartment complex just a couple years old was a flea bag resort.
6)you assumed there is no reason Kenny should have almost 200 grand in the bank when he died...'

I gave your questions numbers.

1) We were discussing stairs, not Kenny. Your statement is a broad generalization. You want to try the stairs by leaning over with a load? Go for it. Not me. I'm backing my ass DOWN. But that's just me. ;)

2) I now have full details on this. Looks like he paid half, financed the remainder. Details will be revealed in Cooperland, but you could find out on your own if you wanted. Told you this like six times already. :S

3) Looked like that at first. I was wrong. Still...Geestman denying he knew any of the details about it, even though he was Best Man at the wedding of the folks who sold Kenny the house. This 'I Know Nothing' claim by Geestman is probably just another in a long series of lies by him.

4) I said it COULD have been. I know he replaced the countertops in that kitchen within a month or two after moving in. No one knows for sure, but there is some evidence pointing his way, although it is not conclusive.

5) I grew up in that town and back then it was about 2,500 population. I know those apartments well. I would call them low-end units when they were built. Today they are pretty close to fleabag status. I've toured a couple of the units.

6) Says in Blast we don't believe the money is actually from the hijacking. But you'd be surprised at how well a smart investor could do with a bag of twenties back in 1971. Of course, this assumes Kenny as the hijacker, and that is NOT proven.

7) FREE ANSWER: Why do you keep asking questions on KC? It's obvious nothing would convince you he was Cooper anyway. Join the club. Judging from my email box it runs about 3-1. Three think we were on to something. One will say they don't think he was Cooper. I'm used to it. I'm OKAY with it.

I numbered your answers above.

MindGames 102:2
How long before you clone a whale in the belly of a small goat,
then blame the goat with - adultery?
Have you beaten your goat lately?

Jo, I hope you realize a glitch in a electrical grid is usually caused by an overload. we see this in Florida often when everyone turns the A/C on. I 'm not sure what you are trying to prove here. I don't see where someone would lose there job over a glitch.

I mentioned a couple days ago I sent away for the information. this was not from you telling me either. looks like I will beat your deadline. "looks like he paid half" that doesn't sound convincing.

I doubt Kenny replaced the countertop. resurfaced is the word. no reason to pull the wood off unless it was damaged which again is doubtful. countertops (wood portion) last years and years and years.

I ask questions because I like to get to the bottom of things. you on the other hand like to amplify things that are small or irrelevant. just like giving zero reasons why Kenny had so much money towards the end of his life. we know different from records you failed to research that give a very plausible explanation as to why he had so much money.

you are very similar to a guy I work with. he takes the best case and runs with it as well as the worse case, nothing in between. you a Jo share this similarity with the "he could have" scenario. or the "you can't prove he wasn't Cooper" thingy. then topping it off with the "you don't want to find the truth" thingy....

it's obvious you don't know the extent of Kenny's finances, and you struggle with what people told you as truth.
you sent the FBI information that is flawed showing them exactly how not to investigate someones background. you have multiple people verifying this other than just me.

Good Nite B|

What Jo is trying to do is change the subject.

Jo is having her schizophrenic delusions of grandeur by trying to divert attention away from another topic on the thread and back to her, while at the same time signing her post "Ms Cooper".

She is also trying to divert the conversation away from the fact that, yet again, it appears that Jo has been caught making things up in an effort to support her delusions.

I've already asked you Jo - tell us all about the experiment that you, the self proclaimed "dumb broad" who doesn't understand anything did. Tell us how you did it Jo. Show us you didn't make it all up Jo. We, or at least i, want to know all about it skylark71.:ph34r:

To me anyway, it seemed like he had "so much money" because he was a single man that worked his entire life. Because he didn't have a wife or kids to take care of, and because he purchased a house that wasn't very expensive, he didn't have much to have to blow his earnings on.

NWA was unionized, and paid well. Guess what, I'm going to reveal a secret about myself - I am a former Northwest Airlines employee :o:o:o ! But I said I didn't know anything about Cooper until recently... That's all true. I worked there for two years while I was in college and the money was great. Sure there was one flight attendant strike, and one pilot strike while I was there, so I get that part of the story about KC being angry about it, but even still. Most normal people bitch about their jobs to family. That doesn't mean we want to rob our jobs.

About Kenny digging ditches for money - hell, at the same time (this is such a huge coincidence) I was at NWA I helped my uncles dig a septic tank drain field (ditch) for my grandmother. That is what you do when someone you love needs help. I believe Kenny loved Bernie and his wife and they needed help, and Kenny wasn't working so he helped. They were drinking beer and he got some money for it. All I got was lunch! That same summer my Grandma had us put a new shingle roof on her house too.

But anyway, for a never married man of KC's age with no dependent children to have $200k in the bank when he died after a long airline career is no stretch of the imagination. Hell, for all we know he could also have owned rental properties, which is almost always lucrative for someone with the skill to work it.

And Blevins, I'm not giving you specifically grief about your belief. The only person here I'm giving grief to is Jo because she is making things up. You on the other hand have said that your evidence is circumstantial, and it certainly is. Taking that into consideration Kenny deserves to be a suspect. Fine, I have no problem with that. I'm not even sure it wasn't Kenny, I just believe that there is more evidence that i believe shows it wasn't Kenny than there is evidence that show it was Kenny.

I think of all the possibles we have Kenny is the most possible with Duane being least possible just after Nelson Mandela and Santa Clause, but the best possible we have still isn't a match.

Robert, your PDF with the "filthy" comments is really, really getting old. do us all a favor and put the link to it down in your signature box.

yes people make mistakes when researching things. the problem with you is the fact of not wanting to admit them. you website if still showing flaws and you know it. if you did care the website and PDF would not have the error's in them. so stop playing the "people make mistakes" card.

I thought a Cooper nut was dangerous? now you are claiming if someone uses an alias and talks smut they are dangerous? Reality Hotel thingy rings a bell. you seem to be the only one DEEPLY concerned about those comments. personally I think it's a problem with yourself having a hard time accepting the fact that they are about you. someone used my name, Whoopty Freakin Do! you think it's some sort of Holy Grail bringing this up over, and over, and over again.

Reality you always say? well this thread stops in it's tracks every single time you post. people constantly have to correct or argue page after page with you causing the thread to revolve around you. you fail to notice you lack a lot of common sense and logically thinking when it comes to many of your responses.

Final note. yes you have every right to talk about your suspect, but, you have a lot of work to do in order to set the record straight on what is fact and what is flawed. your first move should be fixing your website you claimed you would do over 3 weeks ago........

"Some posts were traced to current posters at Dropzone. I made PDF's of the comments."

posters? not singular meaning Georger? who is the other person or persons.

RobertMBlevins

Edit: Shutter says in part...

'Robert, the stairs have railing on them. with a wind load on the stairs they are not going to drop very fast. how would you not stand a chance of tripping going backwards? the stairs will not fully extend with a wind load on them.

1) you assume too much.
2) you assumed Kenny paid cash for his house.
3) you assumed Kenny paid $10 for a piece of property
4) you assumed the piece of wood in the attic was built by Kenny.
5) you assumed the apartment complex just a couple years old was a flea bag resort.
6)you assumed there is no reason Kenny should have almost 200 grand in the bank when he died...'

I gave your questions numbers.

1) We were discussing stairs, not Kenny. Your statement is a broad generalization. You want to try the stairs by leaning over with a load? Go for it. Not me. I'm backing my ass DOWN. But that's just me. ;)

2) I now have full details on this. Looks like he paid half, financed the remainder. Details will be revealed in Cooperland, but you could find out on your own if you wanted. Told you this like six times already. :S

3) Looked like that at first. I was wrong. Still...Geestman denying he knew any of the details about it, even though he was Best Man at the wedding of the folks who sold Kenny the house. This 'I Know Nothing' claim by Geestman is probably just another in a long series of lies by him.

4) I said it COULD have been. I know he replaced the countertops in that kitchen within a month or two after moving in. No one knows for sure, but there is some evidence pointing his way, although it is not conclusive.

5) I grew up in that town and back then it was about 2,500 population. I know those apartments well. I would call them low-end units when they were built. Today they are pretty close to fleabag status. I've toured a couple of the units.

6) Says in Blast we don't believe the money is actually from the hijacking. But you'd be surprised at how well a smart investor could do with a bag of twenties back in 1971. Of course, this assumes Kenny as the hijacker, and that is NOT proven.

7) FREE ANSWER: Why do you keep asking questions on KC? It's obvious nothing would convince you he was Cooper anyway. Join the club. Judging from my email box it runs about 3-1. Three think we were on to something. One will say they don't think he was Cooper. I'm used to it. I'm OKAY with it.

MrShutter made observations and did not intend those to be questions. You gave numbers to his observations and answered them with all things KC....as usual.:S

Mark Bennett asked you an actual question and you did not answer him....[:/]

MarkBennett

Very difficult. You would have to contact the available - and best - witnesses and then approach them with pictures of your suspect, etc. Try Florence Schaffner, some of the passengers perhaps. We're currently running up a package for a guy who lives in Springfield, OR who sat across the aisle from Cooper. If you need their addresses, PM me...that is unless you've already blocked me from PM's because I'm so dangerous. (*laughs*)

Just curious, Robert....did you hear anything back on the package you sent?

So I will ask the same question....

Robert....did you hear anything back on the package you sent?

It is a simple question. Answer it.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Skyjack71

Jo: You say "Hayden's chutes were at Cossey's house when the call came in for 2 chutes - he had 2 chutes he had just repacked for Hayden to meet regulations!"

I say: Jo you have that all wrong as the two chuites that were given to DB Cooper sere sent from Hayden's company by taxi and not from Cossey. Cossey sent two of his chutes, that did not get to DB Cooper, with one modified by Cossey for a left hand pull.
This was reported by Bruce in the Mountain News and matches what Hayden told me on the phone. Cossey thought the two that he sent, with one modified, were used by DB but they were not and Hayden's were. Also, to make a point of it as you carry on about the left hand pull, that was on Cossey's chute and not on Hayden who lives at his company in Kent.
Jo, please try not to make-up any more stories as it just adds nothing and takes up too much space in the DropZone.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

mrshutter45

Robert, your PDF with the "filthy" comments is really, really getting old. do us all a favor and put the link to it down in your signature box.

yes people make mistakes when researching things. the problem with you is the fact of not wanting to admit them. you website if still showing flaws and you know it. if you did care the website and PDF would not have the error's in them. so stop playing the "people make mistakes" card.

I thought a Cooper nut was dangerous? now you are claiming if someone uses an alias and talks smut they are dangerous? Reality Hotel thingy rings a bell. you seem to be the only one DEEPLY concerned about those comments. personally I think it's a problem with yourself having a hard time accepting the fact that they are about you. someone used my name, Whoopty Freakin Do! you think it's some sort of Holy Grail bringing this up over, and over, and over again.

Reality you always say? well this thread stops in it's tracks every single time you post. people constantly have to correct or argue page after page with you causing the thread to revolve around you. you fail to notice you lack a lot of common sense and logically thinking when it comes to many of your responses.

Final note. yes you have every right to talk about your suspect, but, you have a lot of work to do in order to set the record straight on what is fact and what is flawed. your first move should be fixing your website you claimed you would do over 3 weeks ago........

"Some posts were traced to current posters at Dropzone. I made PDF's of the comments."

posters? not singular meaning Georger? who is the other person or persons.

Blevins works with a guy Nelder who is squarely in the British
tabloid tradition. I see his influence here. Up to and including
specific phraseology the "Jack of all trades Master of none'
smut peddler Blevins uses.

The attack dog style which has marked the guy's work since he
floated in here. Bait and switch, then argue (including personal
attacks) to try and force people to take the new bait, and it
almost works here due mainly to a number of people trying to
get something accomplished here in spite of disrupters like
Blevins-Nelder.

He argued and attacked for three long years daily that Kenny
as the guy. He would accept nothing else. After repeated
failures of fact he was finally forced to revise his pitch:
"Kenny is the guy but "I" can't prove it!" Blevins/Nelder then
attacked the FBI 'for not proving it for me!'

Has the British Tabloid Smut tradition at Adventure Books
or "B&G's Housecleaners" advanced the Cooper case one inch
here at Dropzone, or anywhere else?

Now that Dropzone has become a tabloid extension of AB Books
and Housecleaners?

There's only one person who made that happen: Blevins-Nelder.
A walk in the park for full time "house cleaners" and "jacks of all trades masters of none". They cleaned house here! :D

It's a shame this has to go on. it's really hard not to confront the problems he has. including what he calls evidence and what he sent the FBI. that PDF alone should turn there detector's away from KC. personally I would pull everything off the web and start over.

georger

where VORs reside!

with me as follows ...

fault!

I was totally expecting this to be the watch in question...

see this -
http://www.techlib.com/electronics/allband.htm

Georger,

I have one of these. Its just a crystal radio with no front end stage hence no selectivity. It works well on VERY strong signals, essentially near field RF. Its useless at any significant distance when you are dealing with comm power level transmitters. Aircraft comms can be received at about 100 yards max.

A clever company (CSC, now defunct) paired one of these with a frequency counter, and fed the digital frequency info to tune a real superhet scannner receiver which loaded the freq in a memory. The idea was that you could capture an unknown transmitter freq when very close to it, then load the freq into a high performance receiver so you could continue to monitor transmissions at a distance.

You could do thre same thing with a frequency counter with an antenna on the input and just hand type the freq shown into a scanner keyboard.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I've got a radio updated time watch, a cheap one, cost $29.95.

The time signals received by these types of watches come from government stations in various countries. Mine only receives the National Bureau of Standards (now called NIST) time correction signal broadcast on 60 KHz from Ft. COLLINS Colorado. The Citizen version Mr. Shutter cited works in many countries.

http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1739.pdf

Maybe Jo will pick up on the Collins name and Colorado and make all sorts of connections.

These types of radio corrected watches werent available in 1971.

where VORs reside!

with me as follows ...

fault!

I was totally expecting this to be the watch in question...

see this -
http://www.techlib.com/electronics/allband.htm

Georger,

I have one of these. Its just a crystal radio with no front end stage hence no selectivity. It works well on VERY strong signals, essentially near field RF. Its useless at any significant distance when you are dealing with comm power level transmitters. Aircraft comms can be received at about 100 yards max.

A clever company (CSC, now defunct) paired one of these with a frequency counter, and fed the digital frequency info to tune a real superhet scannner receiver which loaded the freq in a memory. The idea was that you could capture an unknown transmitter freq when very close to it, then load the freq into a high performance receiver so you could continue to monitor transmissions at a distance.

You could do the same thing with a frequency counter with an antenna on the input and just hand type the freq shown into a scanner keyboard.

I thought I would post that because in this game, sooner or
later, somebody will run across it and think "bet Cooper had one
of those - in his brown paper bag"! (Like the chutes Cooper got
that came with . . . life rafts ... yellow!).

Frankly, you have to credit people who come up with things like
this. At least they are thinking-trying. Keeps everyone on their
toes.

I've got a radio updated time watch, a cheap one, cost $29.95.

The time signals received by these types of watches come from government stations in various countries. Mine only receives the National Bureau of Standards (now called NIST) time correction signal broadcast on 60 KHz from Ft. COLLINS Colorado. The Citizen version Mr. Shutter cited works in many countries.

http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1739.pdf

Maybe Jo will pick up on the Collins name and Colorado and make all sorts of connections.

These types of radio corrected watches werent available in 1971.

http://www.nist.gov/pml/data/atomspec.cfm -
a valuable site.

G wrote

toes.

Its fun to speculate what "accessories" Cooper might have employed, e.g. brown contact lenses, radios, VOR detecting vibrating corset stays, etc, but he probably had nothing, not even an altimeter.

I do wonder why Cooper spent such a long time in the aft rest room. My fantasy is that he was taking out his brown contact lenses pre jump and dropped one. It can take a long time to find such an item.

G wrote

toes.

Its fun to speculate what "accessories" Cooper might have employed, e.g. brown contact lenses, radios, VOR detecting vibrating corset stays, etc, but he probably had nothing, not even an altimeter.

I do wonder why Cooper spent such a long time in the aft rest room. My fantasy is that he was taking out his brown contact lenses pre jump and dropped one. It can take a long time to find such an item.

possibly feared being shot while sitting in a seat or anywhere exposed in the plane while it was on the ground? was this during the transfers of the chute & money?

This would have been funny to pull on Cooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaahBvqj-8