47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Georger wrote

The whole thing is a total waste of time and assinine on its face.

And it has destroyed this thread.

Destroyed? How can you destroy a dump? People can bring all sorts of stuff here. The gatekeeper doesn't sort for content, just behavior.

You can ignore the useless trash and dive for the good stuff. The homeless guys and the poor in India know how.

We aren't destroyed, just cluttered. There is no groundwater pollution, no lead poisoning. It's just words.

very funny.

Last time I was on Earth, "content and behavior were linked and mostly SYNONYMOUS.".

mrshutter45

"I'm sure he absolutely believes his brother is D.B. Cooper," said Larry Carr, who has been the lead investigator on the case for just over a year. "It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you."He's not a viable suspect," FBI spokeswoman Robbie Burroughs said."

JUST so you guys KNOW - Lyle told me he didn't know if KC was Cooper. He "just thought it MADE a GOOD Story" and the idea did NOT come to him until he was watching some special on TV about Cooper. He said this in a conversation back before Blevins even wrote his story. I think it was Skip who put me inc ontact with him - but, Blevins DID not come until later.

I specifically asked Lyle why he sent the letter to a producer - Note the letter to the producer ended up on Skip's desk? Evidently the producer forwarded it to Skip. ONLY Skip knows how all of this transpired, but this is my memory of the site Skip had and my conversations with Lyle BEFORE Blevins EVER entered the picture.

I would have this SAME conversation with Lyle 3 times. The first before Blevins ever entered the picture. The other when Blevins wrote his book when I was so ticked off at how I felt Blevins had co-erced elderly people into making statements that made fools out of them....not things they personally knew and went to the FBI with. It was a seed planted and then nutured for ALL the wrong reasons - just a story!

The last time was just a few months ago when ALL of this "S" hit the fan in the thread and I decided to do something about it!

Three conversations with Lyle regarding his initial reasoning and why he did it and how he did it. Basically the same thing in all three conversations!

We did talk about OTHER things - such as Lyle's knee surgery. I did NOT make my - questions the main reason for calling - but for clarification and to ask why and how the story got changed....he did remember the radio program at that time.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

"I'm sure he absolutely believes his brother is D.B. Cooper," said Larry Carr, who has been the lead investigator on the case for just over a year. "It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you."He's not a viable suspect," FBI spokeswoman Robbie Burroughs said."

JUST so you guys KNOW - Lyle told me he didn't know if KC was Cooper. He "just thought it MADE a GOOD Story" and the idea did NOT come to him until he was watching some special on TV about Cooper. He said this in a conversation back before Blevins even wrote his story. I think it was Skip who put me inc ontact with him - but, Blevins DID not come until later.

I specifically asked Lyle why he sent the letter to a producer - Note the letter to the producer ended up on Skip's desk? Evidently the producer forwarded it to Skip. ONLY Skip knows how all of this transpired, but this is my memory of the site Skip had and my conversations with Lyle BEFORE Blevins EVER entered the picture.

I would have this SAME conversation with Lyle 3 times. The first before Blevins ever entered the picture. The other when Blevins wrote his book when I was so ticked off at how I felt Blevins had co-erced elderly people into making statements that made fools out of them....not things they personally knew and went to the FBI with. It was a seed planted and then nutured for ALL the wrong reasons - just a story!

The last time was just a few months ago when ALL of this "S" hit the fan in the thread and I decided to do something about it!

Three conversations with Lyle regarding his initial reasoning and why he did it and how he did it. Basically the same thing in all three conversations!

We did talk about OTHER things - such as Lyle's knee surgery. I did NOT make my - questions the main reason for calling - but for clarification and to ask why and how the story got changed....he did remember the radio program at that time.

Blevins and Lyle and 377 have set a NEW standard.

Content is irrelevant.

Its behavior that matters. Be nice and lie like hell!

georger

I see no difference between RMB, BK, Jo Weber,
and Cop148' . . .

The whole thing is a total waste of time and assinine on its face.

And it has destroyed this thread. Which is what the authors of
this garbage intended. They even claim they are doing a
"service" by their "expertise"! :S

Georgie Porgie - PLEASE REFRAIN from putting me in the same classification as BK, RMB and Cop148.

Remember the story I tell is about a man I lived with for 18 yrs and a man whose past was tainted. Weber did tell me the things I have repeated. Otherwise - I would NOT be in this damn soap opera regarding Cooper/Weber. Also Weber is the only one of them who actually confessed and who knew parts of the story it was impossible to know if he had NOT been Cooper.

The things I told the FBI in the very beginning - some of that WAS NOT common knowledge and NOT in the only source I had at my disposal with a 95% fictional book by Max Gunther! REMEMBER when I picked up that phone and called the FBI it was May 25, 1996 - one yr and 2 months after Duane died and What I read in those first 13 pages before making that damn phone call to the FBI is all I knew....other than my memories from the things Duane had told me and shown me in 1979. I would then read a few more pages and was back on the damn phone to the FBI.

Therefore MR. Georger - KEEP me out of that classification! I am nice to you but I do have my LIMITS! Perhaps you need to ASK the FBI if they recorded those first few phone calls I made - NO way I knew all the stuff I told them...unless I learned them from the things Duane told me and showed me! And what limited information I read in that book in the first few pages.
:|:(>:(

Destroyed? How can you destroy a dump? People can bring all sorts of stuff here. The gatekeeper doesn't sort for content, just behavior.

You can ignore the useless trash and dive for the good stuff. The homeless guys and the poor in India know how.

We aren't destroyed, just cluttered. There is no groundwater pollution, no lead poisoning. It's just words.

The thread is NOT a dump - BUT individuals SELLING their WARES should be restrained. NOT one of us can do anything about Blevins - so we have to live with his promoting his book and promoting for the company he "works" for.

I BLEW IT last night. Something I have been working on accidently got sent to public media and it had confidential information. Hopefully anything I write never makes it thru the GATEKEEPERS for these media sources...

AS for the thread - Georger has to realize - had I NOT have started the first one - this one would NOT exist!

NOTE that as of RECENT - I do NOT promote what I am working on. I will say the knowledge puts Duane in connection to individuals in WA that actually had connections to Cooper!
These individuals were ACTUALLY questioned. THE FBI is the GATEKEEPER! They are the ones who have shielded certain information from the public and one has to ask WHY?

Jo wrote

AS for the thread - Georger has to realize - had I NOT have started the first one - this one would NOT exist!

Thats true Jo. I dont know whether to thank or curse you for starting this forum. ;)

I find it hard to condemn Blevins for promoting a FREE DBC book. Anybody who pays even minimal attention would see repeated opportunities to get BLAST gratis. Bruce is similarly generous with his early manuscript versions.

I would be surprised if Greycop gets many takers at $20 for a self published book. Time will tell.

If people were getting rich off Cooper publications then I would resent promotion here, but that's not the case. I just can't get worked up about people promoting free stuff in this forum.

Will be jumping again on Oct 12. Fall is my favorite time for skydiving. We get some awesome Golden State views from exit altitude and the weather is usually mild. On the sunset load, things really do look golden below. I turn 64 soon and am so grateful to be able to still skydive. Most of my cohorts have hung their rigs up for good.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

there is no clear evidence Robert. all you basically have is a bunch of people screaming KC was Cooper. (hearsay) you can't prove where the money came from, so you really can't use that. (speculation) I don't think LD is clear either, so, I don't get that point either.

I don't think the FBI is going to sit on a suspect. technically I don't think any of them have been ruled out. at least not publicly. I can't buy the fact of Tina not knowing she was talking to someone the same height as her and didn't notice a wig? you can play the faulty description & shock card all day long.

one of the reviews of your book wrote this. so, it's not just the people here. I tend to agree with this individual.

"At best, this apparently printed-on-demand book is an article in a second-rate (or third-rate) magazine, with the title demonstratively false. Much of the cobbled-together speculation of who D.B. Cooper really was details how the editor interviewed a few people, including what purports to be a transformed verbatim interview with the co-pilot of the skyjacked plane. In separate parts, the text reports that the stewardess who spent the most time with the skyjacker "became a nun for several years, but later returned to ordinary life" and that "she did not become a recluse after the hijacking." The pictures are poor-quality and, for some reason, include one of one of the authors and his car. It has no index, a sign it shouldn't be taken too seriously, and a few pages about the authors being on a cable t.v. show peddling their at-best circumstantial case that the man they researched was D.B. Cooper.

To believe the authors, you have to accept the fact that though the FBI sketch of Cooper, agreed on by many witnesses including the stewardess who sat next to him for at least an hour, was widely-circulated at the time, none of the alleged suspects co-workers or family or friends either saw the picture or connected him with the incident, very unusual as he worked for Northwest Airlines at the time, the same carrier that was skyjacked. The book is akin to those advancing some spurious explanation of who killed JFK, or how it really was Elvis who was sighted at a Burger King in Kalamazoo."

other people outside this form agree with speculation & circumstantial. so, how can you say "The evidence is clear" I'll say the same as I do to Jo. I just can't buy into it. there is nothing really here. it seems you go to far against the known evidence. just telling it as I see it......
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

"Will be jumping again on Oct 12"

what happened with the walkie talkie test. are you still going to do it? kind of interested in that...B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Will be jumping again on Oct 12. Fall is my favorite time for skydiving. We get some awesome Golden State views from exit altitude and the weather is usually mild. On the sunset load, things really do look golden below. I turn 64 soon and am so grateful to be able to still skydive. Most of my cohorts have hung their rigs up for good.

377, you scare the hell out of me! Since being in this thread since 2006 I have heard and read many of stories on DZ and in he media I might never have noticed before.

You guys have to have nerves of steel! You are one of the few jumpers who posts to this thread on a regular basis, so be careful.

There are jumpers who read the thread and drop in once in awhile to let us know how it really is and to help us get our facts straight. Some of the Whuffo posters are quick studies and get their facts correct - me I just sit those out and try to understand what is being said. I still have only seen ONE chute in person....an old WW11 Chute in a museum in Pensacola...it was a special WW11 expo when Duane was still alive...he pointed the chute out to me.

My focus is not and has never been the chute - just to try to put the pieces of what Duane told me over an 18 yr period into some kind of order and for it to make some kind of sense!

I have learned to respect and admire those who actually jump out of a plane with what I consider a re-inforced umbrella. My brother actually did this jump off the roof of our barn in KY with his make shift chute (can't remember now if it was a sheet or an umbrella).

Do NOT know if our Daddy ever found out about my brother's little venture. Infact I need to call him and ask him about that this week. Actually never gave it a thought - I didn't tell on him, that is for sure.

RobertMBlevins

Mark Bennett says in part:

'You have evidence of something -- but of what? Someone is lying about what they were doing that weekend, but you have no evidence of any crime...'

You are right, except possibly tax evasion. This is the way I look
at it sometimes: If the Christiansen report were issued in 1972, I think the FBI would have hauled in all the witnesses, questioned them, and looked hard at Kenny's finances. I think enough was presented on him to create 'probable cause'.

It's very seldom here, if ever, that anyone has actually questioned any specific points made in the report. They look at it, they say 'it's all circumstantial'.

G replies -

It's very seldom here, if ever, that anyone has actually
questioned any specific points made in the report

Then where have you been for the last three years !???
Read the thread. :S:S:S

All we have done for three years is "question specific points"
and your interpretation of "specific points you allege people
saying or not saying, or saying between the lines?".

Ok. So if you dont want to go back and read the thread then
just read Farflung's replies to you - he questioned specific point.

This is all gobble wobble. You just actively ignore people whe
they have "questioned specific points". And now here it years
three years later and you have the gall to say: " It's very
seldom here, if ever, that anyone has actually questioned any
specific points made in the report.

You issued "25 reasons" - remember? People questioned each
and every of the 25 reasons you cite. We even told you some of
your socalled "reasons" were not reasons at all but just guessing
and editorialism on your part. Thats very specific. And you
ignored each and every post anyone made.

If the Christiansen report were issued in 1972, I think the FBI
would have lasughed its ass off and if you persisted possibly
hauled your ass in for OBSTRUCTION.

Then you might have actualy met Tosaw instead of just
pretending you know/knew him, if he decided to come to your
defense! :D:D:D

How's the Palmer family doing you claim to have exchanged
communications with? Are yee all going out to McDonalds
for their "25 Reasons BIG Meal" ?

There will be no doubt after i show my evidence Oct 4. I will bring it all and I willing to show any local news reporter at the Seattle Times etc tv etc.. the composites will amaze you.. so call them its undeniable. it will all most be sad to do it... but it will be over gc148 Paul Geivett
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

mrshutter45

"Will be jumping again on Oct 12"

what happened with the walkie talkie test. are you still going to do it? kind of interested in that...B|

Did several jump tests with ham radio walkie talkies. Haven't done CB frequencies yet.

Results with 2 meter (146 MHz) walkie talkie gear was telling. Opening at 14,000 feet I made numerous contacts. Best distance from over Byron CA DZ was about 90 miles. Many contacts in the 20-30 mile range. Range decreased as I descended but I had no trouble working a friend with a similar walkie talkie who was on a mountain peak about 12 miles away even after I landed. I tried both 5 watts and 1 watt settings. Didn't make much difference.

CB gear would probably give similar results. I'll try it but 71 vintage CB walkie talkies are big, heavy and require antennas that telescope to about 3 feet. I'd have to make a larger radio pouch. It's on my to do list.

I've seen no evidence that Cooper used radios of any kind. I just wish he had. Ham radio and skydiving are two hobbies I really enjoy. A surprising number of folks who post here are ham operators including Guru, Snowmman, Sluggo, Georger and some others who I can't recall at the moment.

My buddies and I have flown a 20 meter (14 MHz) 4 watt PSK 31 digital beacon with an end fed trailing wire dipole. If the ionospheric conditions are favorable our signal can be heard THOUSANDS of miles away. So far no such luck.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

***There will be no doubt after i show my evidence Oct 4. I will bring it all and I willing to show any local news reporter at the Seattle Times etc tv etc.. the composites will amaze you.. so call them its undeniable.

No doubt??? Undeniable??

You're new in this neighborhood aren't you Paul?

Let me show you around.

There are folks here who doubt gravity, time and mortality among other things.

Blevins wrote

I had the guy actually make a phone call home for me, to let my former girlfriend know I WOULD be returning home *at some point* (Real meaning: When I feel like it, bitch...LOL.) She wasn't that nice, anyway.

A good buddy CB phone patch to diss an ex. That's one for the trailer park communications hall of fame Robert. I'll bet you broke Billie Sue's precious little heart... for a good twenty minutes. ;)

As they told me at my first DZ at age 18 when I thought the local jump beauty had fallen for me: She's not your girlfriend son. It's just your turn. Sadly, they were right.

***There will be no doubt after i show my evidence Oct 4. I will bring it all and I willing to show any local news reporter at the Seattle Times etc tv etc.. the composites will amaze you.. so call them its undeniable.

No doubt??? Undeniable??

You're new in this neighborhood aren't you Paul?

Let me show you around.

There are folks here who doubt gravity, time and mortality among other things.

I am willing to go to court and get a conviction in Abscentia (sp) here in Clark county but i will start at the museum no one who has looked at my book has said no yet but all keep looking gc148 Paul Geivett that's why i use my real name nothing to hide and my real phone number.... I'm for real. You can only fall at 120 i go 180 gc148
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

RobertMBlevins

It's not this thread you have to convince. It's the Seattle FBI.

Some of your case is based on the idea you think Cooper filled out the airline ticket. This is untrue. Do you believe that ticket agents at the counter just hand one over and say, 'Here's a pen, fill in your appropriate info and we will fly you wherever you want to go...'

Airline tickets are filled out by TICKET AGENTS, not the passengers. I could argue this point, but it's self-evident. Ask any airline. Ask NWA at their museum contact in Minneapolis. Do you think an airline is going to allow tens of thousands of tickets a day to be filled out by their passengers? Frankly, it's ridiculous. Imagine the results, the confusion each day. Some people don't write very well. Others do not speak English. I could go on.

You should dump that bit, you think?

FBI did, will you show one sample of his block lettering that does not match ? I don't think any one can... if its not kc than would you be willing to sell me that scrap piece of wood? That's apart of American history.
I know the complete story on that piece of wood and I would love to own it. Would you like to sell it? I would pay a lot for it or maybe you could put it on eBay... i will put the first bid on it .. after Oct 4 it will be worth too much for me

Written by Paul Geivett

I hope you are not stating the the countertop in the picture with Powell is same as you have? it appears to be a solid color.

cross members in attics can be found. there is no solid evidence supporting that the only access was from the outside since the house was built in 1940. the 2x4 you are claiming he installed also looks to be of the same circa as the rest of the framing. it could of also been the original opening into the attic.

just by watching the show it appears the wood was laying on top of the insulation. the picture shown here is less than a second after he pulls upward on the board. you can't see any other existing 2x4. there is also a piece of metal stripping laying on top of the wood. I found it strange they didn't show the entire area. then they added it was hinged. the reason I say it might be staged is the fact of how quick they found the void. the void also appears as if someone pulled back a corner of the insulation. that's a guess though.

the circular opening at the entrance outside was installed when they put the new siding on the exterior of the house. the original opening appears to have been square. this is the part he pushes back inside the attic. you can see where they custom fit the new opening. this again might be evidence that it was originally only a vent and never was an access point.

evidence of new 2x4's added at a different time are clearly apparent by the color of the wood shown in the last photo. even years apart can be noticeable. the house has been completely gutted from top to bottom. how that piece of wood stayed in it's original area would be a miracle.

based on what producers do today, I can't put any validation into this being a hiding spot from 1971. money in the attic (not supported) money found out back (no evidence,,hearsay) then Kenny puts money on Tena bar? too much to believe.

I base my knowledge from being a carpenter in the past. I have flown many a roof's being a crane operator. I'm currently licensed in steel and aluminum fabrication with certification of forklifts, swing stages, aerial lifts of all types such as boom lifts, Scissorlifts, scaffolds, wall climbers and a Bosun chair, which consists of fly by the seat of your pants B| I have a 10 hr & 30 hour OSHA safety certification. so, forgive me if I'm a little skeptical about this. I could be wrong, but, my experience is telling me different.

***"Will be jumping again on Oct 12"

Did several jump tests with ham radio walkie talkies. Haven't done CB frequencies yet.

Results with 2 meter (146 MHz) walkie talkie gear was telling. Opening at 14,000 feet I made numerous contacts. Best distance from over Byron CA DZ was about 90 miles. Many contacts in the 20-30 mile range. Range decreased as I descended but I had no trouble working a friend with a similar walkie talkie who was on a mountain peak about 12 miles away even after I landed. I tried both 5 watts and 1 watt settings. Didn't make much difference.

CB gear would probably give similar results. I'll try it but 71 vintage CB walkie talkies are big, heavy and require antennas that telescope to about 3 feet. I'd have to make a larger radio pouch. It's on my to do list.

I've seen no evidence that Cooper used radios of any kind. I just wish he had. Ham radio and skydiving are two hobbies I really enjoy. A surprising number of folks who post here are ham operators including Guru, Snowmman, Sluggo, Georger and some others who I can't recall at the moment.

My buddies and I have flown a 20 meter (14 MHz) 4 watt PSK 31 digital beacon with an end fed trailing wire dipole. If the ionospheric conditions are favorable our signal can be heard THOUSANDS of miles away. So far no such luck.

I wouldn't doubt you would get good results on the way down. I have had many CB's over the years (good & bad) I remember having a walkie talkie in our trips to Niagara Falls & Florida. it was a cheap one, could barely talk to the truckers behind us. conditions play a big part in signals. I can see getting good range on top of a Mountain vs line of sight. back in the 80's I had a Radio Shack walkie 5 channel 4 watts. we could get about a quarter mile at best with them. night time is always better condition wise. shooting skip still seems to be the best time on Sunday's.

I still have a Regency 40 channel with SSB. has an echo chamber on it, and was hooked up to a Heath kit SB-200 with a foot pedal. I had a Varmint 150 to drive the 200. still have the Varmint and a Maverick 250 ten tube amp. along with a Night K D-104. haven't used it in years. the FCC could care less now,but, back in the 70's they played hardball. I knew a guy (Green Hornet) had a Browning two piece tube 23 channel hooked up to a VFO running a Black Cat 5,000 watt amp with dual quad Wilson antenna on a 60 ft tower. the FCC took everything he had and gave him a stiff fine which the number escapes me, but, they nailed him good.

since I haven't been in that neck of the woods, I don't know how well the talkies will work. my guess would be you would have to land pretty close to the guy on the ground. that leads Cooper to pinning a jump spot which I find hard to believe.

When I was a kid a friend of mine and I each bought a Lafayette 10 transistor single channel Superhet CB walkie talkie. They only put out 100 mw, one tenth of a watt. We never failed to communicate between his hilltop location that was line of sight to my location, a distance of about nine miles.

If Cooper had a CB walkie talkie and an accomplice had a CB radio and sited himself on a high peak I'll bet they could have communicated after Coopers landing. From my limited CB experience you could always work a station in your line of sight.

I get a kick out of reading about CB outlaw high power stations. The FCC still busts some, but nothing like the old days. There must be 5,000,000 CB sets gathering dust in garages and attics. If you tune the band when no skip is happening it is nearly empty. The Good Buddies are all gone.

RobertMBlevins

Shutter says in part:

'evidence of new 2x4's added at a different time are clearly apparent by the color of the wood shown in the last photo...'

Wrong. That's the light from the camera guy, brightening up the 2x4 you are referring to...

House hasn't been 'gutted from top to bottom,' and (*coughs politely*) you aren't the only one who has worked on homes. I did finals on several housing developments for a company based out of Kirkland. (For the uninformed: Means the building inspector gives a list of corrections, and it was my job to make those corrections in order for the house to get passed. I also did other work along the way, but that was my main job. Circa: 1980's) I also spoke to the present owner of the home a few times. I am well aware of the history of that house between 1972 and the present.

What Christiansen did was to take off that outside octagonal attic vent (your picture with Scott Rolle sticking his head into the hole), crawl inside, rough nail a pair of two-by's between a pair of the joists, lay the scrap Formica piece on top, cover with insulation. Why he did that I haven't a clue, but it must have been a tough job. It's located right above what used to be his bedroom.

Some remodeling was done on the main floor. Dan Rattenbury was very familiar with what was done, since he paid for most of it. He says there was never any access to the attic from inside the home. I have no reason to doubt him.

Maybe you should do as I did and make a trip up there and go up and look for yourself.

Arent you over qualified! for the DB Cooper case - and
this forum?

The same for Mark377 ?

Georger wrote

Arent you over qualified! for the DB Cooper case - and
this forum?

The same for Mark377 ?

Overqualified?

Look who is talking, Dr G.

hangdiver

I'm for real. You can only fall at 120 i go 180 gc148

I hate to burst your bubble Grey...but the freefall speed record with basically normal gear is 330.21mph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_skydiving

just about anyone can go over 180 in freefall FYI

hangdiver

How are you doing Hangdiver? How is the lovely Ms Raz?

I recorded 186 on my Altitrack trying to do head down. Note I said "trying". I was head down for a while but couldnt sustain it. Harder than it looks.

The more Cooper media attention the better, so I wish GreyCop good luck with his book.

Anybody know what happened to Farflung?

that is not lighting changing the color of the 2x4's. the roof has been reinforced. all of the wood would be the same color if lighting was the issue.

your job down here would be considered "a punch out guy" or punch list. one who finishes up the home's odds & ends, taking care of red tags by the city. starter position into construction down here. Real Estate people hire positions such as the one you had. house flippers and construction companies have punch out guys.

the exterior has had many changes over the years. different size windows are apparent in the front of the home. trim work, gutters, new shingles.vents in the roof. the house is in excellent shape for a home built in the 40's. the only way this happens is by proper up keep and remodeling. lots of it. the interior didn't appear to just have a fresh coat of paint on it. since it's now a business, I'm sure a lot of changes happened inside.

I have only seen the old photo of the house. do you have a picture of the house while Kenny was there. it's possible some of the work was done in the late 80's to early 90's. what year was that photo?

I'm sure over the years the city was not aware of all the things done to the home. doesn't look any more than 900 to a 1000 s/f?

When I was a kid a friend of mine and I each bought a Lafayette 10 transistor single channel Superhet CB walkie talkie. They only put out 100 mw, one tenth of a watt. We never failed to communicate between his hilltop location that was line of sight to my location, a distance of about nine miles.

If Cooper had a CB walkie talkie and an accomplice had a CB radio and sited himself on a high peak I'll bet they could have communicated after Coopers landing. From my limited CB experience you could always work a station in your line of sight.

I get a kick out of reading about CB outlaw high power stations. The FCC still busts some, but nothing like the old days. There must be 5,000,000 CB sets gathering dust in garages and attics. If you tune the band when no skip is happening it is nearly empty. The Good Buddies are all gone.

I remember those. that was the type I had while talking to the truckers. when I was in Ohio, my buddy across the street had one as well. we couldn't go very far with them. it must be the location where you are. plus the fact of Mountain peaks. I remember they transmitted on channel 14, but received all 23. we even tried making antenna's out of coat hangers to try and get a better signal. didn't work. the Morse code worked very well though.

sad to see the skip as left. I was shooting skip just a couple years ago when I still had it hooked up. 2009/10 maybe. mine is now part of that equation, resting in the closet. my antenna is still up and running in the house ready for action at a moments notice B| unit 305 South Florida signing off...over B|

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-cb-walkie-talkie-solid-state-lafayette-general-electric-ranger-transiste-/161041571051?pt=2_Way_Radios_FRS&hash=item257ed35ceb