47 47
quade

DB Cooper

georger

***Not too long ago Jo brought up the numbers on the hijack letter (the one that Jo thinks is code using Duane's service numbers).

Anyway, at the time I could not locate the article that had one set of code numbers but ran across it again .....From the Oregonian.....Dec 14 1971...

Word has just reached me that a witness on board 305 has been
interviewed and shown photos and turned thumbs down on both
KC and Duane Weber. Eg. "ears stick out way too far" etc -
Weber ... "nothing about him matches, nothing..." - KC

There is other news but Im going to let others pass it along ..

As usual no one explaines to the witnesses that Weber has no sideburns in the pictures of him and his hair is closely cropped. I do NOT know what pics have been shown to the witnesses - but they need to be done with an explanation of the age and dates of pics and for the physical things to be noted.

Did they use before and after pics along with the Jefferson intake? Well, if they didn't they missed the ball completely.

Never heard Cooper held his cigarette in any strange way. Duane was left handed, but I do not even remember what hand he used to smoke with and there are NO pictures of him with a smoke in his hand. Seems like he used which ever hand was the closest to an ash tray.,,,but we never smoked much in the house and seldom even then in the car.

Perhaps if I looked as some old pics I might be able to see the placement of the ash tray on his desk! If it should ever be important.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

mrshutter45

******Not too long ago Jo brought up the numbers on the hijack letter (the one that Jo thinks is code using Duane's service numbers).

Anyway, at the time I could not locate the article that had one set of code numbers but ran across it again .....From the Oregonian.....Dec 14 1971...

nothing said about LD???

SO did they show this picture that looks like the one of LD that was supposedly ID'd.

Recordak System.....

The earliest large-scale commercial use of greatly reduced-size copying onto narrow rolls of film (microfilm) resulted from the introduction of the Recordak system by the Eastman Kodak Company in 1928. Continuous, automatic cameras photographed documents on 16-millimetre film, and the first use was for copying checks in bank transit or clearing work.

This article is from 1961...

A growing number of banks are keeping microfilm of all their accounts. These records are kept in atomic proof bomb vaults.

In many sections of the country a number of banks have set up cooperative ventures for bombproof record shelters far out in the country.

Hmm....so that's where the SN list is...:o

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=bUYqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=pk4EAAAAIBAJ&pg=7377,2507432&dq=bank+microfilm&hl=en

testxyz

nothing said about LD???

LOL... L.D. will not go away.

doesn't really matter. they will try and go around what any witness will say. I forget which passenger it was, but he/she claimed none of the known suspects was Cooper.

Cooper can be bald. Cooper can have hair, but no part in it. Cooper can have little hair....he can be short, tall, fat or small the description will fit them all :D

last time I checked the description of Cooper, he had hair with a part on the left side. KC has a part all the way around his head lol. Duane doesn't have one. LD matches some what the drawing Flo made years after.

2011 Marla claimed "case closed"
2012/2013 Jo claims case closed.
6/13/2013 Paul states case closed.

who will have victory....film at 11.....B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

******Not too long ago Jo brought up the numbers on the hijack letter (the one that Jo thinks is code using Duane's service numbers).

nothing said about LD???

Was he in contention? B|

georger

Was he in contention? B|

Well, LD was in contention if a witness actually said what was claimed. Supposedly Tina said it was the closest she had seen, but we do NOT know who showed her a picture of LD or if what was claimed was true.

If LD was even close (not in height or age) then everyone needs to see the picture of Weber never used. It was the 1st picture I ever made of Duane. OUR first Christmas together in 1977. I never considered making the picture public until Ms Marla made her claim regarding the LD picture publicized in the media.

Changing the AVATAR if I can remember HOW to do it! Lots of things I cannot remember how to do. Yes, I didn't use it because it made his ears look large, but not all the pictures of Weber appear to do this. Something about the angle and hair....and if the ears are the only problem remember that it did NOT take much to tac a ear... temporarily. It is called GLUE!

Now they use this same glue after minor surgery. I have 3 surgical incisions that were sealed with Surgical glue. This same Glue was first used in dental work and has been used for many many yrs. It was safe and temporary and not toxic.

We had a power failure in our area for about 2 hrs. I could not remember how to disconnect the alarm and it was on Battery Power and beeping its heart out every 5 to 10 minutes.

Well, I finally shut the little rascal up. Then when the power came back on - all I had with the correct time was my watch and it was not even correct. Now I have to figure out how to set the time on the alarm system and purchase a new BACK-up battery. That door bell that has been waking me up every morning was my SMART ass alarm telling me she needed a new back-up battery.

There is a picture of Duane with his hair parted - it was taken in one of the machines they used to have in malls yrs ago. I will try to find it - I thought it so hideous it was never put it in album.

Appeared he was trying to look like a mobster. He had slicked his hair STRAIGHT and parted it and he had on a DARK shirt and a light colored tie...and there was one of him with an X in a nightclub in Atlanta - but, I think I ditched that one BEFORE he died....pretty sure I did. SHE was a cute little thing, but dynamite comes in small packages.

Gray saw a couple of pics when he was here - and wanted to know why I never used them. Well you know now!

"There is a picture of Duane with his hair parted - it was taken in one of the machines they used to have in malls yrs ago. I will try to find it - I thought it so hideous it was never put it in album."

even by your own admission it seems Duane would not fit the description of Cooper. his hair doesn't really have a natural part. as you said it would be "hideous"

you always try to corner every angle. he buried the money, he threw it away, or he laundered the money. if he wasn't Cooper, he was the ground man. he can't be everything.

in your 1979 trip, how many miles did you put on the car? I recall you stating at one point that you had to get back to the airport. you must of logged hundreds of miles from Seattle to the Portland area? this would be an expensive trip. you have never shown one single bit of evidence supporting this.

when another suspect comes along, you demand proof. when we confront you on proof, we get nothing? is that really fair. the question of credibility comes into play often Jo. this is just one example. you constantly shape 2+2 into 5. with all due respect. when dealing with proof from you. it goes poof.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

You say: "Word has just reached me that a witness on board 305 has been
Weber ... "nothing about him matches, nothing..."

Could you have the witness look at the photo attached of Sheridan Peterson?

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

sailshaw

mrshutter45

You say: "Word has just reached me that a witness on board 305 has been
Weber ... "nothing about him matches, nothing..."

Could you have the witness look at the photo attached of Sheridan Peterson?

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

the original post came from Georger. I have no knowledge of this other than what Georger has reported.

Part in Hair:

A specific part in the hair is not necessary to call it a part. Duane's hair had a tendance to go to the right....and this is noted when there was humidity and his hair was minus lots of product. It was not just he hair - I thought the whole pic hideous - it was one of those typical photos one used to do in the 60's/70's in the mall booth.

I do NOT try to corner every angle and I all I have is what he told me. I explore the other possiblities and also state my own opinions. Sorry it seems you guys want me to be specific. When I am specific and adamant - no one is happy and if I work with the information again I am wrong to do that. I only know what I saw and what he said.

Shutter stated:

in your 1979 trip, how many miles did you put on the car? I recall you stating at one point that you had to get back to the airport. you must of logged hundreds of miles from Seattle to the Portland area? this would be an expensive trip. you have never shown one single bit of evidence supporting this.

Such as "That's were Cooper walked out of the woods" and I asked "How would you know that" and he replies "Maybe I was the one on the ground". The only time in our marriage Cooper was mentioned other than a few days before he died and I did NOT know who DAN Cooper was and I had long forgotten the statement he made in 1979 and the trip to WA had long been drown out by making a living and going on with life and dealing with his illness - Renal Failure and the machine - that was 5 HARD yrs for both of us.

As for other suspect I work with those and I also found connections between one suspect and Weber, but NOT proof of it just my word and obviously that means nothing to anyone but me.

As for my trip to WA. in 2010 I have the bills and other things from that trip. I never thought anyone NEEDED proof I was in WA in Oct. of 2010.

Perhaps you are referring instead to the trip in 1979. Well, I have no proof of the Seattle meeting in WA of Family Life Insurance - those are things one does not keep. I did find a receipt for the money they gave us for the night on the town and that is with the taxes. The trip was paid for by the company and there were other agents and their wives at that meeting.

I'm not a mathmatical probability person but I think we can calculate the odds of pulling 2 bills from a 14 serial number spread within 10,000 bills given 12 chances.

Background...

Ingrams find 3 bundles.

It's likely each of the bills in each of the 3 bundles were throughly stuck together due to moisture and other factors from exposure to the enviroment.

The Ingrams used soap and water to try and seperate the bills within the
3 bundles.

A Feb 13 1980 Oregonian article describes 12 packets of money in 3 bundles, In the same Oregonian article, a picture clearly shows 8 of the 12 packets on a display table with the other 4 packets most likley in a small area of the table covered with a double layer of plastic.

Each of the bills in the 8 packets appear stuck together, partially or completely

Gray (in his book Skyjack) describes R.H. picking up a packet and looking at a serial suggesting that each of the 12 packets containing an unknown number of bills were still stuck together when he looked at them.

R.H. probably read from the packet top bill. R.H. was able to identify the serial number from the FBI booklet list.

According to Gray's book "Skyjack". It has been determined that the serial number R.H. looked at on a packet was L55 376 548B 1963A.

I don't think Gray would arbitrally pick a random SN from the Tena Bar money for the R.H. story. This was a Eureka moment for R.H. and probably is well documented by the FBI Archive or directly from R.H.

Also in the Feb 13 1980 Oregonian, there is a close up picture of 1 money packet from Tena Bar money. There are many bills in the packet and it appears throughly stuck together. It has been determined the top bill is SN L55 479 078B 1963A

Within the FBI Cooper alpha-numerically order money list, the
serial numbers

L55 376 548B 1963A
and
L55 479 078B 1963A

are found within only a 14 serial number spread.

Calculation.........(if only 12 serial numbers had been identified by Feb. 13, 1980)

Calculations of pulling 2 bills out of 14 bill spread within 10,000 bills given 12 chances.

14 bill spread = 2 Bills in 10,000 Bills
12 bills / 2 bills = 6

10,000 bills/ 14 bill spread = 714 bills

714 bills/ 6 bills = 1 in 119 odds

***** 1 in 119 **** chance of pulling 2 bills within a 14 serial number spread out of 10,000 bills

L55 bills attached

I never said a word about 2010? so the company paid for the trip. how did you go to Salt Lake and Tahoe all in one? did the company pay for the wild ride thru Washington? did you fly or drive to Salt lake and Tahoe. one would think the company would pay for a round trip ticket for one day? you had to be at the dinner/meeting at a specific time and date. how did you manage to get to Salt lake before the time to be in Seattle? then went thru Seattle to Vancouver and off to Tahoe? seems there is a lot of time taken off by both of you to travel across the country? if you flew, you then lost your free ride home by going to Tahoe? or even stopping in Salt lake would void your flight. what exactly did the company pay for? was you coming from Va beach?

mrshutter45

The Trip in 1979 - well, I wasn't the one driving and it was not my car, so I have NO idea how many mile we put on the car in 1979. One could estimate it according to the route we took and all of the side trips. We DID NOT FLY to WA. We drove from FT.Collins, CO to Salt Lake arriving there around noon. We left Salt lake and arrived at The Dalles later that day. This was on our own time and at our own expense. We stayed just off of the interstate and drove into The Dalles for dinner and he pointed out many many things to me. We had dinner at a place he knew near the river. Actually I fell in love with the area...and I want to go back.

The nest morning he disappeared for 5 1/2 hours. Then around noon we headed down the river on the OR side and then he turned around at Mt. Hood and we crossed the Columbia at the Bridge of the GODS. Along hwy 14 he points out many towns and tells me stories about these areas. He takes me many places in Washougal and he makes many side trips in that area with flip backs to the town and up the the loop in the Washougal river and then on to the other side of the river and then back down the river to a road he had missed. That road took us past another cemetary I could not even see and then on to 500. While in the Washougal area he talks about Bonneville and things that went on there - he tells me about the different hills or Mts and points of interest - that I cannot see from the highway.

Off of 500 we go N for a time - but this is when I lost the time and space making me think it was all closer together. We actually made another BIG loop toward the north into Heison and he did another loop there (this one was EAST and to the straight part of road into forested area where the used to be a tower ) and then more turns and all along he points out ever AIRSTRIP, gravel pit and signal tower - things I could not see. We pass near Battleground and Battleground Lake and end up NOT at Lake Merwin but close. We come back down to a park and then we go West and then back and then down toward Battleground again. He points out the Farger airstrip and talked about flying in and out of there and then he makes another side trip and then to the West of Battleground and we pass the VOR which I missed because he mentioned after the fact. On that road he talked about another airstrip that was North of the VOR and we are headed toward Homa, but he then goes back toward Orchards and the Evergreen airstrip and then we get on 500 going East and he points out what used to be a small airstrip and a jump area and someone leaving a car on the highway there. He used WE all of this time - We used to do this or that...The Boys. He told pointed out clubs and place to eat and it goes on and on and on. and it does not stop until we are past the Lewis River on the express way going to Seattle.

Then there are all of the place he took me in Seattle and norht of Seattle and another strange disappearnce for 5 hours the day before we leave. He had taken me to the airport and the odd things he stated at that time. He takes me NORTH of Seattle and points out things. I remember at this moment he talked about Snokmosis going back toward Seattle, but that we didn't have time to go there. He did point it out to me.

Then we have our trip leaving Seattle which I have detailed many times and from there to the OR side at St.Helens and go south to small town and tells me many thing about the area and he ever went a little more S from that point and the we turned around and went BACK N to St Helens and back to the BIG long iron bridge where he thru something out to the car and back to Wa and on the interstate South.

No need in me continueing - because no matter how many time I tell the story and detail the place - some one will say I am a liar or fantasy story teller.

I tried to retrace the trip in 2010 and that is when I learned my memory had not accounted for time and space and his speed.

On my trip in 2010 I did NOT go to Seattle - My concentration was on the things he had said about Washougal, The Dalles, Goldendale (I spent 2 days there),
I have my hotel reciepts for that trip and probably the car rental. I had unlimited miles on the Toyota Highlander I rented.

Duane and I DID NOT fly to WA - we DROVE from Ft. Collins CO and then back.

You are crisscrossing the 2 trips...the one I made with Duane in 1979 and the one I made by myself in 2010.

mrshutter45

I never said a word about 2010? so the company paid for the trip. how did you go to Salt Lake and Tahoe all in one?

Jo States: The company paid for the trip from Ft. Collins to Seattle. They did NOT pay for the side trips. The only paid $ per mile based on mileage they provided. The hotel stay in the The Dalles (was our own expense) as was the extra unplanned trip to Tahoe and the hotels there.

Remember - I thought we were headed home and on the OREGON side when we got past where you could see Washougal across the Columbia - he pulls off on to a road and says "Do you want to go to Tahoe" and I asked him "Can we afford it". His reply is the company gave him a cash bonus.
Well, that WAS not true as there is no record of it in our taxes for 1979.

We spent 4 or 5 nights in Seattle at Company expense and in Tahoe we paided OUR own expenses and I had never been in a casino. He got me rolls of quarters and other coins and then would take me to a specific area and tell me NOT to leave that area and he would pick me up on his way out. He did this at several Casino's. At one Casino - my money was gone fast and I wandered thru the Casino looking for him and found him at a CARD table. He immediately cashed out and then we go to another casino, but there was someone there he wanted to see.

It was an employee only area.
He is gone for a long time and when he comes out I mention Englebert was playing there that night and he asked me if I wanted to go. I asked if we could afford it as I alway did. He again orders me to wait for him and he goes back to that same door that said employees only and has 2 tickets.

That night I learn the tickets were prime seating tickets on the second ROW of tables right infront of Englebert. He never told me how much they cost.

you had to be at the dinner/meeting at a specific time and date. how did you manage to get to Salt lake before the time to be in Seattle?

Jo States:
We spent the night in THE DALLES on our own and at our own expense becase Duane wanted to take an extra day hitting Salt Lake and The Dalles. The company only paid for the gas mileage from Ft. Collins to Seattle - I suppose they would have flown us and I do not know if they offered the option of flying versus driving. The meetings did NOT start until the next day. This was NOT a one day meeting. This was for several days.
The hotel was arranged for and a dinner voucher in the hotel for the first night. Meetings started the next day.

then went thru Seattle to Vancouver and off to Tahoe? seems there is a lot of time taken off by both of you to travel across the country?

Jo States:
Our income was COMMISSION only and no one was salarled. You worked when you wanted and there was a quota to be met - WE both were licensed with the same Company. If you wanted to take a vacation - you worked you ass off before and afterwards.

Since we were in Ft. Collins, Co and sevicing N. Co and all of Wym
we did NOt even have to go to Denver for all of the weekly meetings. Some meeting were mandatory - but, what they wanted to see was production and we produced. I think you do not understand the nature of the job. We were traveling sales person in Wym and resident in CO - we worked out of our home and motels. Jasper was a long way way from Ft.Collins and there was lots of snow in the winter. Now do you get the picture?

I have explained this many many times.

the whole thing sounds strange. where was the meeting, Dalles or Seattle. you do realize leaving Salt lake to Dalles in the afternoon would put you there pretty late.

in the past you claimed you had no idea how Duane had the money to go to Tahoe, and yet you had money to side track everywhere else? probably close to 2000 miles running around the Country. gas, lodging, food. couldn't have been part of the 200 grand. he laundered, buried and threw it all away?

Ft Collins to Salt lake is approx. 360 miles
Salt lake to Dalles Or. is approx. 570 miles
Dalles to Seattle is approx. 150 miles
Seattle to Lake Tahoe is approx. 600 miles

this is mileage in a straight line. not counting all the other driving around the "jump zone"
I see the company paying very little of the cross country run. I don't understand why they
wouldn't fly him vs driving?

I'm in my 50's and find it hard to drive long periods now. I use to be able to drive for hours. how did you do it? according to you, Duane did the driving. lots of miles in a short period.

mrshutter45

the whole thing sounds strange. where was the meeting, Dalles or Seattle. you do realize leaving Salt lake to Dalles in the afternoon would put you there pretty late.

1. We lived in Ft. Collins, CO
2. The meeting was in Seattle WA.
3. Salt Lake - we arrived around noon (was probably before noon) and then at dusk we arrived at THE Dalles.
4. Getting to the Dalles was Duane's goal.
5. I had lunch with us - we ate in the car.
6. Duane had a radar detector - he always drove VERY fast!

The Company probably paid for that night in the Dalles - we pay and they re-imburse. No vouchers.

We drove from The Dalles with all of the side trips and arrived in Seattle way after dark. We ate in the hotel that night and did NOT connect with anyone until the next morning when we ALL - employees and wives had to meet at the Main OFFICE and tour the new Computer system they installed.

Huge room and huge machines - technology has come a LONG way since 1979. The company was PROUD of its STATE of the ART system!:)
The first afternoon the wives went shopping...I did NOT go with them and I forget what I did that afternoon.
The managers (Duane was a Manager) went to meetings...this trip was for managers only and the wives where guest. I just happen to be both a wife and an agent...not a normal thing. I was licensed with the company in order for me to be able to make the appointments and then when I didn't go on the road with him I work the Ft. Collins leads.

I don't remember every day.
We had lots of FREE time! One banquet was off premises. The last banquet was in the hotel. We had one whole FREE day and night...and on that day is when we drove up toward BC. We did our own thing and not as a group.

WE had dinner at the Eye of the Needle one night and he bought me an old black hills gold 1/3' wide pinky ring - it was NOT the NEW Black Hills Gold but the old.

Another afternoon we went to the market and that night was dinner at an off site location. The Company had provided us with a map and I had the map and told Duane he was going the wrong way. He insisted he was not and he was taking a short cut. Well, that short cut was the back side of the airport. He goes REAL slow and pulls over just a bit. He makes the damnest statement "I don't remember that fence" It was ODD and I just took it he had been there or worked there since he knew the area without a map and had taken me on quiet an adventure. Knew ever airport, every tower - I did NOT question his making that statement because of the things he told - assumed it had something to do with whatever work he had done in the area and while he lived there. Of Cours at the time I did NOT know he had been in McNeil Island Federal Prison.

I now know the fence that was there in 1979 was NOT the fence there in 1971.

I also learn that same night - that was NO short cut - Duane had gone out of his way to make that side trip.
Dumb Blonde Broad just didn't get it!

While behind the airport Duane pointed to a building a street over - I could just see the top level. He told me it used to be a motel (and it looked like one), but now it was offices. HOW did he know that!

When did it become offices and what did Duane have to do with that area. Was in a hotel in 1971? This thread or someone examined this with me and there was a picture of building you can tell used to a motel. The FBI was TOLD ALL of this - no one heard me. I think I even told about this on this thread.

testxyz

I'm not a mathmatical probability person but I think we can calculate the odds of pulling 2 bills from a 14 serial number spread within 10,000 bills given 12 chances.

Background...

Ingrams find 3 bundles.

It's likely each of the bills in each of the 3 bundles were throughly stuck together due to moisture and other factors from exposure to the enviroment.

The Ingrams used soap and water to try and seperate the bills within the
3 bundles.

A Feb 13 1980 Oregonian article describes 12 packets of money in 3 bundles, In the same Oregonian article, a picture clearly shows 8 of the 12 packets on a display table with the other 4 packets most likley in a small area of the table covered with a double layer of plastic.

Each of the bills in the 8 packets appear stuck together, partially or completely

Gray (in his book Skyjack) describes R.H. picking up a packet and looking at a serial suggesting that each of the 12 packets containing an unknown number of bills were still stuck together when he looked at them.

R.H. probably read from the packet top bill. R.H. was able to identify the serial number from the FBI booklet list.

According to Gray's book "Skyjack". It has been determined that the serial number R.H. looked at on a packet was L55 376 548B 1963A.

I don't think Gray would arbitrally pick a random SN from the Tena Bar money for the R.H. story. This was a Eureka moment for R.H. and probably is well documented by the FBI Archive or directly from R.H.

Also in the Feb 13 1980 Oregonian, there is a close up picture of 1 money packet from Tena Bar money. There are many bills in the packet and it appears throughly stuck together. It has been determined the top bill is SN L55 479 078B 1963A

Within the FBI Cooper alpha-numerically order money list, the
serial numbers

L55 376 548B 1963A
and
L55 479 078B 1963A

are found within only a 14 serial number spread.

Calculation.........(if only 12 serial numbers had been identified by Feb. 13, 1980)

Calculations of pulling 2 bills out of 14 bill spread within 10,000 bills given 12 chances.

14 bill spread = 2 Bills in 10,000 Bills
12 bills / 2 bills = 6

10,000 bills/ 14 bill spread = 714 bills

714 bills/ 6 bills = 1 in 119 odds

***** 1 in 119 **** chance of pulling 2 bills within a 14 serial number spread out of 10,000 bills

L55 bills attached

1st - I hate math. And I especially hated statistics in college even though I pulled off an A in it. And I've probably forgotten 85% of what I temporarily learned. Damned statistics. :)
You're making a lot of assumptions here. Inaccurate assumptions can play hell with statistics, or so I was told.

If you have 10,000 $20 bills in 100 bundles (wasn't it approx 2000 bills per bundle?) and 1 bundle had two bills in it that were close together numerically (note that they could be placed ANYWHERE within the bundle) - would that be a significant statistic? Perhaps a portion of the bills set aside were fairly new bills that came from the same fed disbursement? Just saying, without knowing how the money was originally distributed, any statistical analysis may be a probability, but is still just a guess. I know this because I live in a 100 year flood area that flooded.

Last but not least, are you factoring into the calculation how much likelier you are to pull out a L bill in the first place - or an L55 bill? If Hot-lanta has a murder rate of 20 per 100,000 residents, I can still increase my odds of being killed significantly by being lost and unawares in certain areas at certain times. Kind of like my proximity to the creek in question on number 3.

What significance are you attaching to this anyway? Not being snarky - just trying to understand the end run here. :)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

testxyz

I was wondering if you have a better or larger picture of the picture attached.

Maybe you can verify it's a closeup of the display table with money. Taken at the same as the larger picture seen in Oregonian on Feb 13 1980.

it's the same table where the Ingram's and H are looking at the money. are you trying to get serial numbers?

unless we have the actual list and order the bills were in. there is not much we can do. collecting the serial numbers might come in handy though.....

mrshutter45

where was the meeting, Dalles or Seattle.

Seattle the HOME OFFICE of Family Life Insurance.

We were traveling agents - and we knew how to conserve. Carried a cooler with food and rarely ate out on the road...we carried an electric skillet. Today they would not allow such but, NO microwaves in motel in 1979 either.

360 miles thru the prairie in Wym to Salt lake - 360 miles . That was at the most a little over over 4 hrs for us.

Duane drove very fast & the speed limit was 85, but with a radar detection you could do better that. We always left for our destination EARLY. I would sleep the first part of a trip if I had been there before. It was NOT uncommon for us to be going 90 PLUS! 4 hours max and remember we were chasing the sun...so we gained day light.

Salt lake to Dalles Or. is approx. 570 miles

7 HOUR max - open country at 85 plus per hour. We reach The Dalles before dark or right at dusk. Remember we were chasing the sun!

No problem from The Dalles to Seattle, but if was late when we got to Seattle due to all of the side trips that day. Our room was reserved for a late check-in. Duane had told me he wanted to go early because he had some places he wanted to stop.

I seriously do NOT know what the problem is about the time lines and the trip. It is what it is and was what it was - A sentimental Journey!

We drove long distances all the time. Open Roads - little traffic in 1971 other than some places like Atlanta. The speed limit was 85 and you could usually PUSH that in the country and on the deserts. Not uncommon to go 100 miles per hour if you had the right car...we drove a Cadillac - relative new I forget what yr now.

P.S. After the trip Duane bought a NEW car - an Olds and that is what he left CO with in March/April of 1980.

He ditched the OLDS before he got to AL and was driving a NEW ( burgundy) Marque - I never knew where the money came from. I think the Marque was financed, but he had just up and resigned from Family life and went to the South (REAL FAST). He managed to get a new car financed without a job?

I did not know his location for several wks. According to the tax records there is ANOTHER car in this mix, but I cannot remember it at all (but it is on the TAX report) nor does my daughter. We helped her buy an old Dodge, but that was with cash...so it is not that one. I just signed the tax reports - I trusted everyone!

Wow - if only I had known then what i know now!

For 13 years (1974–1987), federal law prohibited speed limits above 55 mph (89 km/h).

there are States now that allow 80. you are once again trying to worse case scenario things.

he couldn't have bought a new car with the 200 grand. it was buried and damaged, so he threw it in the Columbia? or did he launder it? the money was damaged before he threw it in the river.

it truly amazing watching you build B|

I doubt someone always looking over his shoulder for the law would go 30 mph over the speed limit for hundreds of miles....

mrshutter45

I never said a word about 2010? so the company paid for the trip. how did you go to Salt Lake and Tahoe all in one? did the company pay for the wild ride thru Washington? did you fly or drive to Salt lake and Tahoe. one would think the company would pay for a round trip ticket for one day? you had to be at the dinner/meeting at a specific time and date. how did you manage to get to Salt lake before the time to be in Seattle? then went thru Seattle to Vancouver and off to Tahoe? seems there is a lot of time taken off by both of you to travel across the country? if you flew, you then lost your free ride home by going to Tahoe? or even stopping in Salt lake would void your flight. what exactly did the company pay for? was you coming from Va beach?

I have not been able to find where I mentioned flying in relation to the 1979 trip to WA with Weber.

I flew in 2001 when the documentary took me out there and when I went on my own money in 2010....why I "thought" you were referring to the 2010 or 2001 trip...

In 1979 there was NO airfare involved.
We drove out! WE did it the way my daddy did it - We Chased The Sun, but the Sun alway won.

mrshutter45

For 13 years (1974–1987), federal law prohibited speed limits above 55 mph (89 km/h).

there are States now that allow 80. you are once again trying to worse case scenario things.

he couldn't have bought a new car with the 200 grand. it was buried and damaged, so he threw it in the Columbia? or did he launder it? the money was damaged before he threw it in the river.

it truly amazing watching you build B|

I doubt someone always looking over his shoulder for the law would go 30 mph over the speed limit for hundreds of miles....

The speed limits were discuss previously in the thread. I do NOT know what the speed limit was in 1979 - but if it was 55 miles per hour in the desolated areas of Wym and Utah in 1979 - a lot of people ended up on the side of the road caught in storms. If you are trying to out run a snowstorm - PUSH the LIMITS because when that snow hits and it comes in fast - you might be on the side of the highway for a while to come.

I maybe wrong on the speed limits - but, I know how Fast we Drove and I know Duane went way over the speed limits....I am not trying to explain away anything. I know I hit 102 mph in 1964 in Winter Park Florida. I had a child bleeding on the seat and loosing conscience - I knew my child was dying right infront of me and her health was already compromised.

A trooper pulled along side of me on that 2 lane highway and I REFUSED to stop. I kept shaking my HEAD NO NO- and pointing into the seat. He then passed me and I was going 102 (104) which means he had to have hit it higher to pass me. I did ease off after he passed me.

When I reached the cross road between Castleberry and Maitland I turned on the Castleberry road toward my Dr.s office - I didn't know where the hospital was.

I pulled up and carried my frail limp child into the office - and immediately they went to work on her...she had lost a lot of blood and if I had taken her to the HOSPITAL - she would not be the beautiful woman she is today and if she did she would not have her left foot.

The trooper thought I was pulling one on him and looped back - and came into the Dr.s office - he did NOT talk to me after the Dr.'s office informed him of the nature of the childs injury and how fragile her health was.

I assure you Duane DROVE fast. He was fool hardy! One night coming home from the Holiday Inn on the expressway in CO. Duane was VERY drunk. I begged him to let me drive. WELL, he got pulled over & I ended up driving home alone while they took him to jail.

With the record Duane had - I am surprised there was not an warrant out for him!

I DID NOT suggest DUANE bought a new car with damaged money. YOU made a HUGE assumption.

I had already mentioned going to TAHOE - where he could have exchanged Cooper 20's for clean 20's.! NOT all of the money was damaged.. I think what he put on Tena's bar and a couple of other places was & why he ditched it.

In The Dalles, Duane had disappeared for over 5 hours. His explanation was that he went to see an old friend and her husband had died and she asked him to move some things in the shed or storage room. There had been a leak. This is how he explained being soiled.

Why didn't he take me with him to meet this old friend? I think he went to retrive some of the money and I think the money was hidden in different places - DON'T PULL ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET!