47 47
quade

DB Cooper

testxyz

Is a complete list of the of the Ingram serial numbers there too?

I haven't seen a list of ingram serial numbers anywhere. It would be
nice for Brian ingram to publish the serial numbers he has. I imagine
he has enough of the 300 serial numbers to possibly develop a very good pattern of how the bills were sorted.

Sometimes I wonder how many of the Tena bar serial numbers are legible. In some pictures the bills seem completely black (looks like a black sheet of paper) from exposure to the enviroment.

I developed my Tena Bar SN list from pictures of Tena Bar money found on the net.

Currently I'm up to 20 serial numbers. I have finally found two serial numbers from the same bundle.

If I can find many more serial numbers and they continue to cluster genernally within just a few bundles then I think we can say for certain the money was generally bundled in a alpha-numeric order (as found on micofiche) when cooper got the bundles.

see your PM.

This is very thought provoking. Good work!

Smokin99 wrote

Yes and at least one newspaper editorial in the day wondered if that wasn't the best way to beat the system - get convicted and serve probation or a couple of years for the lesser fraud crime reasoning they would have a heck of a time coming back on you for the real crime -- since you had already been convicted of basically what amounts to making a false confession of that crime.

Yep - kinda hard to actually write all that, but you get my drift.

Wouldn't have worked. The swindle charges aren't lesser included offenses under the air piracy charge. You could be tried and convicted for both without violating double jeopardy.

I found it very surprising that a seasoned journalist could be swindled so easily.

Yeah -- I think the guy that wrote the editorial was just alluding to the fact that a prosecutor would have a hard time making the case to the jury and was not speaking from the legal aspect of things. Could of been tongue in cheek, but interesting twist, anyway.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

georger

The FBI nor anyone else took TIME OUT to randomize the serial numbers on the money..

The randomization, because they were in a hurry, does not make sense. Hurried bankers know how to bundle money properly.

So prove your claim.

Nobody said hurry was the sole cause.

Your contention that he Ingram find represents bills from at least 17 previously packed and recorded bundles ... requires proof!

If what you are saying is true that would be a BIG revelation ...
as you very well know.

Yea! It sure would and the FBI would NOT be happy about that one. It would only prove that Cooper survived and planted the money.

Not sure I really understand any of the last pages of the thread. Can hardly sit here to post his. Very tired tonight - but even though I accomplished little - feel like I have been running marathons. It is up to you guys now. Just more on my plate than I can handle.

Smoking99 was correct - that Dennis was the ticket agent and Hal was working the gate. That is how I remember it from the books and article I have read over the yrs. Just did not feel like pulling all of that old information. All I can do just to do what I have to do.......
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

testxyz

It would only prove that Cooper survived and planted the money.

Cooper could have died and somebody else could have buried it.

-If- the money was buried other than by nature.

I canvased a number of people today on the issue of whether
the FBI list of Cooper serial numbers reflects the same ordering
of serial numbers that was on the bank's original microfiche, and
then in the actual bundles given to the FBI for Cooper. The short
answer is 'nobody knows', and a number of people have raised
the issue before.

The SeaFirst Bank of Seattle did all of the preparation and
microfiching and recording of the money and handed it off to an
FBI Agent who then took it to Al Lee at the Airport. Neither the
FBI or Al Lee (or anyone else) tampered with the money and it
was delivered directly to Cooper just as received from the bank.

Moreover, the original bank microfiche is lost. Nobody knows if
the FBI was given a copy of the bank microfiche or a separate
prepared list of serial numbers from the bank, or pecisely 'what'
the basis for the FBI's published list of serial numbers is.

I talked to Tom Kaye about this today. Tom says he and Carol
raised this issue with Larry, but Larry couldn't locate anything to
resolve the question. Tom also noted that the bank's original
microfiche is lost, according to Ckret. Tom may come here and
address this issue when he gets a chance.

Everyone canvassed agrees on one point: the Ingrams washed
and separated the found money. Thus the iternal ordering in the
stack of money the Ingrams found was lost.

One person canvased today said the following, quote:

"As for the serial numbers being assigned to particular bundles,
I'm unaware of that. (Only the bank and the FBI would know)
But, since the approximate number of bills per bundle were the
same as given to the hijacker, namely about $2000 each we
were told, as well as that found at Tina's, it seems partially
logical that the hijacker didn't rearrange the order of the bills in
each bundle if he survived and returned to bury, or even if he
died. That's my opinion.

If we had exact knowledge of the arrranged order of bills in each
bundle from time of delivery to SeaTac airport, and had exact
knowledge of arranged order of bills as bundled and discovered
at Tina's, then we would know whether the bills were "doctored,"
and therefore intentionally buried. But we don't know this.

I do know this, however: Brian Ingram told me that all bill
bundles were taken to his home and his parents seperated the
bills using liquid dish detergent. These bills were seperated at the
Ingram home before they were deleivered to the Portland FO.
Therefore, it is certain that the true bill order could never be
established from the Tina Bar find."

Hopefully more will follow -

(This post was edited by georger on Aug 28, 2013, 9:51 PM)

Your contention that he Ingram find represents bills from at least 17 previously packed and recorded bundles ... requires proof!

If what you are saying is true that would be a BIG revelation ...
as you very well know.

Yea! It sure would and the FBI would NOT be happy about that one. It would only prove that Cooper survived and planted the money.

G replies -

No it wouldnt.

It wouldnt prove Cooper survived or that (he) planted the money
any more than it would prove your paper bag story for Duane is
true.

A number of scenarios could account for this - and all ending in
'money flowed to Tina Bar'.

Very likely all accounts would involve human intervention by
someone, because its very unlikely Nature could (construct)
the bundles Ingram found complete with rubber bands!

It could be accounted for in typing errors at the bank or FBI ..

Nor does human intervention even require a plant. The money
could have been lost in the vicinity of Tina Bar then flowed there
even after human intervention.

You're just strying to get one more jab at the FBI; why should
the FBI be embarrasssed about "facts" ? The FBI didn't suggest
Duane Weber was DB Cooper! That was your gambit. And the FBi
rejected it wholesale! The FBI scored 100 on your case. The rest
is just all propganda and dialectical materialism on your part.

:D

Very informative report!

I found the two following newspaper references at Tom Kayes website
regarding Tena Bar money find.

http://citizensleuths.com/tenabar.html
Click "Here" at very bottom of Tom's web page.

I haven't read the articles. Maybe Tom talked about what exactly
is in the articles. The articles sound confusing.

Numbered sequence of the bills in the stack still the same (Oregonian)

FBI agent Baker from Portland said bundles were randomized (Oregonian)

testxyz

Very informative report!

I found the two following newspaper references at Tom Kayes website
regarding Tena Bar money find.

http://citizensleuths.com/tenabar.html
Click "Here" at very bottom of Tom's web page.

I haven't read the articles. Maybe Tom talked about what exactly
is in the articles. The articles sound confusing.

***Numbered sequence of the bills in the stack still the same (Oregonian)

FBI agent Baker from Portland said bundles were randomized (Oregonian)

I would like to see those Oregonian articles.

Im going to dig further on this when I get the time. We have an
extreme heat situation here plus daily work plus school starting
etc. so its a bit nuts here right now - with little real sleep. I will
get to this asap.

Im going to dig further

According to a Feb. 14 1980 "The Citizen" newspaper article out of Ottawa, Canada (UPI), Brian found only $3000 in in 3 bundles. Link at bottom.

According to the Article there were two different finds.

Ingram found his money first. (from what I know he found money on Feb. 10th)

The rest of the money (amount not specified) was found by the FBI on Tuesday and Wednesday Feb. 12 and the 13th.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ga4yAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fe4FAAAAIBAJ&pg=6963,3065970&dq=db+cooper+money+ingram&hl=en

testxyz

Im going to dig further

According to a Feb. 14 1980 "The Citizen" newspaper article out of Ottawa, Canada (UPI), Brian found only $3000 in in 3 bundles. Link at bottom.

According to the Article there were two different finds.

Ingram found his money first. (from what I know he found money on Feb. 10th)

The rest of the money (amount not specified) was found by the FBI on Tuesday and Wednesday Feb. 12 and the 13th.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ga4yAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fe4FAAAAIBAJ&pg=6963,3065970&dq=db+cooper+money+ingram&hl=en

has anyone confirmed the total found on the river bank?
Brian & Denise found $3000 (according to newspaper)
FBI found $2800?
PCGS Currency finds 35 additional full serial numbers. ($700)
does this give a grand total of $6500????

I noticed right from the start of the article that the FBI claims the bills were wadded up.
are they stating the bills were not flat, or in a normal state a bundle would be in?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

PCGS stated in early 2008 approximately $5800 was found, a few months after PCGS submitted the new SN's they found to the FBI.

I found a couple of places that put the amount at $5880

Nov. 25, 1981 article

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=dwMhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WXUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2665,5336872&dq=db+cooper+5880&hl=en

April 2, 2008 article

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=45c_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=GFYMAAAAIBAJ&pg=4951,5762652&dq=db+cooper+5880&hl=en

In a June 12, 1986 article......The total money of about 6K (5800?) was split in 1986 between Ingram
and the airliner Insurance company. Per the Ottawa Citizen.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=q6QyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=m-8FAAAAIBAJ&pg=3433,811106&dq=db+cooper+money+ingram&hl=en

In a April 1, 2008 article it is stated.....

"Ingram owns 84 D.B. Cooper bills and fragments that were authenticated by PCGS Currency in February and encapsulated in specially-labeled protective, archival storage holders."

http://www.coinlink.com/News/banknotes/heritage-offers-%E2%80%9Cdb-cooper%E2%80%9D-skyjacking-notes/

It seems like Ingram has a list of several dozen serial numbers.

testxyz

I've read that PCGS stated approximately $5800 was found, a few months after PCGS submitted the new SN's they found to the FBI.

The total money of about 6K (5800?) was split in 1986 between Ingram

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=q6QyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=m-8FAAAAIBAJ&pg=3433,811106&dq=db+cooper+money+ingram&hl=en

In a april 1, 2008 article it is stated.....

"Ingram owns 84 D.B. Cooper bills and fragments that were authenticated by PCGS Currency in February and encapsulated in specially-labeled protective, archival storage holders."

http://www.coinlink.com/News/banknotes/heritage-offers-%E2%80%9Cdb-cooper%E2%80%9D-skyjacking-notes/

according to the PCGS site it was 83 bills. not 84. they also claim 35 new serial numbers which would be an additional $700

this was done I believe just before the auction. this is why I'm wondering about the Grand Total of currency found. one would think if money was missing from any of the bundles the amount would be off set to $5840, $5880 etc. just like the off set amount from McCoy. $500,000...recovered $500,970. Cooper cash always seems to round off in the hundred mark, as it should if not tampered with. still leaves lots of questions.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

testxyz

PCGS stated in early 2008 approximately $5800 was found, a few months after PCGS submitted the new SN's they found to the FBI.

Nov. 25, 1981 article

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=dwMhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WXUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2665,5336872&dq=db+cooper+5880&hl=en

April 2, 2008 article

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=45c_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=GFYMAAAAIBAJ&pg=4951,5762652&dq=db+cooper+5880&hl=en

In a June 12, 1986 article......The total money of about 6K (5800?) was split in 1986 between Ingram

In a April 1, 2008 article it is stated.....

I found the June 12, 1986 article interesting. I noticed they claim Cooper tied MOST of the money to his waist. also found it interesting that Dwayne Ingram (Father) worked in an aircraft assembly plant. I wonder what type of aircraft he was around. not saying he is Cooper,but, find it odd he was in the biz. perhaps he knows more than he is telling.

The FBI makes mistakes but they have some very sharp agents. It is usually a mistake to underestimate their intelligence and resourcefulness.

The items the FBI collected from me probably had multiple DNAs from yrs of handling by myself and others and were Cleaned and cleaned. Movers, people using the tools such as myself and my last husband - new items never worn by Weber & never used.

They SWAB this watch band and do that DNA and it matches DNA they claimed to have collected for WEBER. If they MATCHed then I would have SHUT up and GONE away yrs ago.

WHY, I think they do NOT have known DNA for Cooper...it would have been so easy to have saved the GOVT and themselves a lot of yrs or "problems" by proving they had Cooper's dna and that they had Weber's DNA.

According to a poster on this thread Duane's DNA would have been distinctive - because of the PDK. Well, did any of the DNA the FBI took from the items provided show this characterist or was the poster just yanking our cjhain or trying to see HOW gullible a group of people could be in the Cooper hunt?

Jo,

Didnt you withhold items such as Duanes watch? How can you complain about the FBI not having Duane's DNA when you held stuff back that might have had samples?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

testxyz

It would only prove that Cooper survived and planted the money.

Cooper could have died and somebody else could have buried it.

-If- the money was buried other than by nature.

I HAVE no argument about that statement and something I suggested yrs ago. Especially when I already knew the story about Vickie's father - how I knew was because Duane told me he used to know the man. I did not know any more than what he told me and what was in a newpaper article I found about the conterfeit money.

Why I have compassion for Vickie and you will NOTE I have never one time dissed her or her search. Why? Because I felt there was a valid reason and when he came up as a suspect it was the ONLY time I could link someone Duane knew to the crime. I do now have another link to a man who I was told tried to arrange an immunity for what he knew. This man surfaced in 2001 when he inquired about Weber to Margie Boule.

I did not check it out - maybe because he did not provide her with contact information. Whatever the reason she did NOT provide me with the contact infor nor say if she had it.

I still have all of my communications with her other than the phone calls.

Jo,

Didnt you withhold items such as Duanes watch? How can you complain about the FBI not having Duane's DNA when you held stuff back that might have had samples?

Yes, I with-held 2 watches. One was a gift from me and the other was the one he wore when I met him (a very very expensive watch). I am not going to pull it , but I have described it in the past.

Consider its value even in 2003 when they collected the DNA ....would you not have held back an expensive item. Remember it was approximately 5 yrs later when they RETURNED the items I made available.

They were aware of the watch, but did NOT offer to swab it or request later for a swab to be made.

I offered to take the watch into be swabbed in my presence, but they could NOT take the watch.

Alice Hancock told the FBI that when she last saw Cooper he had put on a sweater under his jacket. She said the sweater was russet. Well, could it be the vest in the attached photo? The picture was made in N.C.? Duane was overweight at that time, but it was during their stay in N.C. that Duane was doing laps every morning and every night...

Note this is the 1st time I have ever made this photo available to the public - because I did NOT think it looked like the Duane I knew! Maybe it was wrong to with hold it - but, I did.
His mid line looked so large in the pic and I have to conside the angle of the photo being taken by someone much shorter than Duane and his wife (the photo also made the wife look heavy - which she was not).

skyjack71

Alice Hancock told the FBI that when she last saw Cooper he had put on a sweater under his jacket. She said the sweater was russet. Well, could it be the vest in the attached photo? The picture was made in N.C.? Duane was overweight at that time, but it was during their stay in N.C. that Duane was doing laps every morning and every night...

Note this is the 1st time I have ever made this photo available to the public -

Dogs have sweaters!

Jo wrote

Maybe it was wrong to with hold it - but, I did.

You always hold things back Jo, its incurable in your case.

It's not "wrong", in a moral sense, but it is extremely counterproductive if you want the case solved.

Selective disclosure is always suspect. It smacks of cherry picking evidence.

You are ALWAYS holding something back. It really hurts your credibility Jo.

End of useless sermon.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

G asks -

I have a question which may be crucial.

Did the Seafirst bank in 1971 have the ability to sort its bills by
serial number? Or would they have had to do this by hand?
(It a very time consuming process to hand sort!)

Would their contingency stache of bills have been a random
distribution or already sorted by serial number, and if so how?
What sorting technology did thery have?

Today bills can be scanned electronically and sorted automatically.

If their bundles were a random distribution, then very likely
they microfiched and copied right out of the pile. The fiche
might reflect that distribution. If it was in serial order their fiche
might reflect that. None of this of course guarantees the FBI's
list is/was an extact match of the Seafirst fiche listing. The FBI
may have made their own list, in serial order?

But Larry went to some pain to say the bills in the bundles were
a random distribution. If we take that literally then the
occurrence of any given serial number in any bundle should
reflect a 1:10,000 random distribution no matter whose
bundles they are (insurance company or Ingrams or FBI's).
If the plot of serial nubers for a given bundle diverges beyond a
predictable standard deviation from randomness, then something
is suspicious and Larry was wrong ... or there needs be an
explanation.

Do you get where I am going with this? All we need to test this
is the serial numbers from several bundles, and in fact
statistically we dont even need that many numbers in order to
test the hypothesis of a random distribution, to within
acceptable significance.

If the bank told the FBi there was a random distribution of serial
numbers in the bundles, the facts of a bundle or two should
reflect that.

What do you think?

serial number?

I have no idea. I'll try to look into it.

Take a look at the following I developed from newspapers, DZ,
Gray's book, FBI vault.

Cooper Money and Serial Number Timeline

Nov. 24 1971 -

Cooper demands 200,000 in negotiable American currency. Denomination not important.

Seattle First National Bank employees debundle paper wrapped used 20 dollar bills ($2000 per bundle) and rebundle them with rubberbands in *various amounts* to make it appear they were in a hurry.
The Serial numbers are already listed on Microfiche at bank. The marked bills have been set aside in case of robbery. The bundled money is placed in a canvas bag. Once full it measures 1 foot by 1 foot and 9 inches high.

The next person to touch the money is Cooper in the plane.

Cooper offers Tina Mucklow a bundle of money but she declines the offer. Cooper jumps with money from plane.

Dec. 8 1971 -

FBI distributes a "Random list" of the known Cooper serial numbers nationwide. The list is 34 pages long.

1976 -

Several newspapers print a 34 page list of Cooper serial numbers in alpha-numeric order.

Feb 10 1980 -

The Ingram family is on a picnic at a spot locally known as Tena's bar on a Sunday. (The beach is owned by New Columbia Garden's company.) A popular fishing spot. Brian Ingram clears the sand to ready an area for a campfire. He finds 3 bundles of money a few inches underneath the sand.

Brian alerts his parents. The money is set aside while they continue their picnic.

The Ingrams take the money home and wash the money to seperate the bills. They call the FBI.

Feb 11 1980 -

The Ingrams take the money to FBI agent Ralph Himmelsbach. Ralph has a list of Cooper's serial numbers in a booklet. Ralph goes through all 10,000 serial numbers in the booklet to find the first serial number from the Ingram money. Suggesting Ralph's list isn't in Alpha-Numeric order or the Letter at the beginning of the serial number isn't available.

Feb 12 1980 -

FBI Agents go to Tena Bar to try and find more money. They find fragments of more money up to 3 feet deep.

Feb 13 1980 -

FBI agent William Baker claims originally the "money was bundled in packages of several sizes to make it appear that it was randomly done, as if it was done in a hurry". Baker claims the money amount estimate at Tena Bar was originally $4000 but has been revised to a few thousand. The actual amount can't be estimated because the money was bundled in various amounts.

FBI agent Baker claims the packaging and the numbered sequence of the bundles indicates the bundles had not been seperated and they were in much the same order as delivered to Seattle Tacoma airport.

1986 -

The money found at Tena Bar (approximately 6 thousand) is split evenly between Ingram and the Airliner insurance company. Insurance company claims they will sell bills to collectors and Brian will use his money for college.

testxyz

serial number?

I have no idea. I'll try to look into it.

Take a look at the following I developed from newspapers, DZ,
Gray's book, FBI vault.

Cooper Money and Serial Number Timeline

Nov. 24 1971 -

Cooper demands 200,000 in negotiable American currency. Denomination not important.

Seattle First National Bank employees debundle paper wrapped used 20 dollar bills ($2000 per bundle) and rebundle them with rubberbands in *various amounts* to make it appear they were in a hurry.
The Serial numbers are already listed on Microfiche at bank. The marked bills have been set aside in case of robbery. The bundled money is placed in a canvas bag. Once full it measures 1 foot by 1 foot and 9 inches high.

The next person to touch the money is Cooper in the plane.

Cooper offers Tina Mucklow a bundle of money but she declines the offer. Cooper jumps with money from plane.

Dec. 8 1971 -

FBI distributes a "Random list" of the known Cooper serial numbers nationwide. The list is 34 pages long.

1976 -

Several newspapers print a 34 page list of Cooper serial numbers in alpha-numeric order.

Feb 10 1980 -

The Ingram family is on a picnic at a spot locally known as Tena's bar on a Sunday. (The beach is owned by New Columbia Garden's company.) A popular fishing spot. Brian Ingram clears the sand to ready an area for a campfire. He finds 3 bundles of money a few inches underneath the sand.

Brian alerts his parents. The money is set aside while they continue their picnic.

The Ingrams take the money home and wash the money to seperate the bills. They call the FBI.

Feb 11 1980 -

The Ingrams take the money to FBI agent Ralph Himmelsbach. Ralph has a list of Cooper's serial numbers in a booklet. Ralph goes through all 1000 serial numbers in the booklet to find the first serial number from the Ingram money. Suggesting Ralph's list isn't in Alpha-Numeric order or the Letter at the beginning of the serial number isn't available.

Feb 12 1980 -

FBI Agents go to Tena Bar to try and find more money. They find fragments of more money up to 3 feet deep.

Feb 13 1980 -

FBI agent William Baker claims originally the "money was bundled in packages of several sizes to make it appear that it was randomly done, as if it was done in a hurry". Baker claims the money amount estimate at Tena Bar was originally $4000 but has been revised to a few thousand. The actual amount can't be estimated because the money was bundled in various amounts.

FBI agent Baker claims the packaging and the numbered sequence of the bundles indicates the bundles had not been seperated and they were in much the same order as delivered to Seattle Tacoma airport.

1986 -

The money found at Tena Bar (approximately 6 thousand) is split evenly between Ingram and the Airliner insurance company. Insurance company claims they will sell bills to collectors and Brian will use his money for college.

good finds will review tonight ... I am chasing two guys who
might know something about this. Il be back tonight if I dont
melt first!

All we need to test this is the serial numbers from several bundles, and in fact statistically we dont even need that many numbers in order to
test the hypothesis of a random distribution, to within
acceptable significance.

The more serial numbers we can get the better.

Ingram has at least 85 serial numbers. I now have 30, of those many might be from Ingrams auctions.

Different patterns develop as more serial numbers are included.

I have notice that 5 of my 30 serial numbers are from page 10 which consists of 3 (2 thousand) dollar bundles.

Page 10 represents only 3 percent of all Cooper serial numbers, yet my 5 serial numbers represent about 17 percent of my 30 serial numbers.

if the total was $5800 there should be 290 bills. if they followed the list which appears to be numeric the bills should all be on one page. if they shuffled the bills, or randomized them. there will be no way to tell how they were bundled. at least according to the list they gave to the public. it's also possible they came from different area's within the bag. bottom/middle or top? if Cooper pulled bundles from the bottom in order to look at them. I'm sure he placed them on the top when he put them back in the bag.

you would think several people were recording the bills. on the segment of "In Search Of" they show someone typing the serial numbers. (see photo) they also state this was done at the FBI office????

I don't know at this point.......:|