47 47
quade

DB Cooper

They are talking about Fazio's here...

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=458673
but not about Cooper - they are lamenting the lack of access. Check out the fish picture. lol...no wonder folks are pissed they can't fish there anymore.

There is also a picture of a partial survey of the land and the poster is offering the full pdf to other members of that forum. If anyone here is interested - you could register and ask for it - ..
though actually - it seems like I've seen if before -- so it's probably already been posted on here or Sluggo's site or I've looked it up from Clark County property files before. In other words, it's readily accessble, if I'm remembering correctly.
Or maybe not.....I've looked at so much it starts running together after awhile. :)

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Amazon Said...

I have been around that area for a good part of my life. I know others who use Tina... but I do remember signs denoting Tena Bar back in the 1970's when I fist fished in the area.

Smokin said..

The article also mentions that membership only access started about 1980 - so maybe that is when the "Members only - Tina Bar" sign went up??"

Think the Fazio's change the spelling to capitalize on the Tina Mucklow connection?

A little over 2 months before Ingram found Cooper's money, the show "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy featuring the DB Cooper case was shown on December 6th, 1979.

The show was very popular back then (six seasons run) and cable was not everywhere like it is now. Many places only had three network channels.

I wonder how much of an effect did the "In Search Of" show have on people in the Northwest as far as reinvigorating their memories of the Cooper case that was then 8 years old. The Ingrams? Fazio's?

Speaking of Tena/Tina Bar...

It's interesting that Cooper offered the stewardesses his 19 dollar change from buying the Bourbon and Whiskey. The only Cooper money is found at a bar. Tina's Bar.

Excerpt from Grays book...

"He fishes around in his pants for $19 he received from Flo nearly
fours ago, on the tarmac in Portland, for the bourbon and Seven
he ordered and spilled. He offers the change.

Flo and Alice shake their heads.
"Sorry"
"No Tips"

The stews scurry off the plane. Tina does not leave.
She stands with him at the back of the plane."

testxyz

Amazon Said...

I have been around that area for a good part of my life. I know others who use Tina... but I do remember signs denoting Tena Bar back in the 1970's when I fist fished in the area.

Smokin said..

***The article also mentions that membership only access started about 1980 - so maybe that is when the "Members only - Tina Bar" sign went up??"

Think the Fazio's change the spelling to capitalize on the Tina Mucklow connection?

A little over 2 months before Ingram found Cooper's money, the show "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy featuring the DB Cooper case was shown on December 6th, 1979.

The show was very popular back then (six seasons run) and cable was not everywhere like it is now. Many places only had three network channels.

I wonder how much of an effect did the "In Search Of" show have on people in the Northwest as far as reinvigorating their memories of the Cooper case that was then 8 years old. The Ingrams? Fazio's?

Speaking of Tena/Tina Bar...

It's interesting that Cooper offered the stewardesses his 19 dollar change from buying the Bourbon and Whiskey. The only Cooper money is found at a bar. Tina's Bar.

Excerpt from Grays book...

"He fishes around in his pants for $19 he received from Flo nearly
he ordered and spilled. He offers the change.

Flo and Alice shake their heads.
"Sorry"
"No Tips"

The stews scurry off the plane. Tina does not leave.
She stands with him at the back of the plane."

Honestly, to me it just seems like someone heard Tena and spelled Tina and the Fazios probably just didn't give it a second's thought. But that's just my opinion.
Seems like if they wanted to capitalize on it they could have sold tickets to treasure hunters. As it it, seems like they enjoyed their 15 mins and then it they got tired of the bother.

As for Gray's book - once again I would like to know how much is straight from the FBI files and how much is artistic license.
One would think that quotation marks mean straight from the files and exact -- but it could just be a way to indicate that someone is speaking and not that this is exactly what they said.

And once again - not begrudging Gray his access - I wish he could have copied it all for us! - but I still wonder how and why some commercial enterprises get the access to government files and the rest of us, even other authors, don't.
Just one of those things that make you go hmmmm.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

smokin99

It prpbably got Amercanized, but does not appear that "he" Americanized it since his death records from 1983 also use "TENA" as does the death records of his wife, daughter May.

You are correct about Swiss - the census and immigration records list that he immigrated from Switzerland in 1915 - to Golden, Jefferson Co, Colorado. Ironically, he was drafted in 1918 and served in World War I. :)
My humble opinion, based on all the resources that I've mentioned is that someone - maybe the Fazios or otherwise (journalist) misspelled the name at some point and from there the Tina M. connection mad it stick and made the mystery deepen.
OR should I say..made a mystery where there might not have been a mystery in the first place. :)
But I could be wrong..just my take on it.

So his daughter's name was "May". That clears that up.

;)

georger

***It prpbably got Amercanized, but does not appear that "he" Americanized it since his death records from 1983 also use "TENA" as does the death records of his wife, daughter May.

You are correct about Swiss - the census and immigration records list that he immigrated from Switzerland in 1915 - to Golden, Jefferson Co, Colorado. Ironically, he was drafted in 1918 and served in World War I. :)
My humble opinion, based on all the resources that I've mentioned is that someone - maybe the Fazios or otherwise (journalist) misspelled the name at some point and from there the Tina M. connection mad it stick and made the mystery deepen.
OR should I say..made a mystery where there might not have been a mystery in the first place. :)
But I could be wrong..just my take on it.

So his daughter's name was "May". That clears that up.

;)

Actually, her given name was Maybelle but she was called May in some document. Frances was his wife, and she was called Frankie.
The other daughter was Yvonne.
But that was from the 1930 census. He could have had more later. In 1930, he was only around 33 and his wife was 25.
But I quit looking - though I did notice a female with initial "E" Tena on another document - city directory I think - but I didn't pursue it since I had already found what I was looking for.

I'm very interested in history and genealogy and I would bet that his is an interesting one. Just skimming over dates and such, he arrived in America at the age of 18 in 1915. In 1918, he is in the Army in WWI. 5 years later in the 1920 census he was living with two gentleman in Colorado as their hired hand. In 1928 he is buying a large property in WA, and in 1930 census he has a wife, two daughters, one "helper" (hard to read), and one "servant" that lives with him. On the surface, he appears to be the "storybook" immigrant makes good success story. Of course that's just a surface skim, and nothing to do with Cooper really, just interesting. :)
Another person that has an interesting biographical and family history is Sheridan Peterson. Lots of interesting historical stuff on his father's side.

As for Gray's book - once again I would like to know how much is straight from the FBI files and how much is artistic license.

Gray never mentions the FBI or Bank people binding the bundles with rubberbands.

McCoy loot appears to not have rubberbands on them....

Picture Attached....

testxyz

Gray never mentions the FBI or Bank people binding the bundles with rubberbands.

Picture Attached....

I still say McCoy looks a lot older than his actual age. At least in newspapers.

smokin99

I still say McCoy looks a lot older than his actual age. At least in newspapers.

I think pegging the age of somebody based on old photos is deceptively difficult. I think just half a century ago people's physical appearance generally was years and years older than what we consider those same ages to be today. Maybe it had something to do with all the smoking people used to do. I dunno. But I look at photos of people from just 50 or so years ago and to me every adult looks at least 10 years older than I would peg them today.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

In 1928 he is buying a large property in WA, and in 1930 census he has a wife, two daughters, one "helper" (hard to read), and one "servant" that lives with him. On the surface, he appears to be the "storybook" immigrant makes good success story.

Did you skim anything from the 1940 census. I looked (I think) at the Lake Shore census papers for 1940 and didn't see his name there. He was listed as living in Lake Shore in the 1930 census.

Maybe he had moved out to Tena Bar or in that general area by 1940. If he did live in the Tena Bar area it might not be hard to sift through the census papers in that area as there were probably not
many inhabitants.

Kaye says the name Tena is MISSPELLED on the Sign....BIZARRE!

Jo States
It was called Tena Bar, but somewhere along the way in the Cooper Saga it was changed to Tina.

The change was made because someone made a sign and put Tina instead of Tena and they just let it RIDE. (felt it was appropriate I guess)This was discussed on the river in 2001 when Himmelsbach and I were on the river with one of the Fazios.

Since there have been so many posts regarding this - thought it was time to stop smirking and ROLLING my eyes.

Now you know! I have known this since 2001! I never saw the documentary they made or if it was ever used.

Useless Trivia, but hope this answers the question. 1971 it was Tena and then the sign in 2001 said Tina. I do not remember Fazio stating a time frame.

So now all you have to do if find out when Mr. H was on the river before 2001 and then you will not the time frame. Really not important....it was not deliberate and merrily a mistake by who ever made the sign.

It has remained Tina's bar - just because of the Cooper Story...and a mistake - THAT is the TRUE story of how Tena's bar became known ad Tina's bar.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Mr Shutter Stated:
"I mentioned this a while back, but nobody took a bite. I was also wondering if she was showing guilt when she got off the plane instead of being scared from the ordeal. where was Tina living from 71-1980?"

Jo Replied:

Where was Tina LIVING in 1979? That's one I think I can answer. I heard she was living in Gresham, Or ----not far the the money find and a place Duane mentioned to me and knowing a woman who worked in a retirement home there.

According to hearsay - it was after the money find she went into seclusion at the place near Eugene. Was it fear? Also note that Himmelsbach made NO contact with her at that time.
I find that odd!

Since Duane's ex-wife worked for a credit card company in CA. in the same area as Tina obtained her divorce and Duane and his ex had communicaations I am PERSONALLY aware of. I personally put Weber on a plane in 1977 to CA to make sure he was NOT still in love with this woman. IF his lady of the day knew he was Cooper and kept up with Tina - the divorce would have triggered changes in address or ownership.

If it is TRUE she worked for a credit card company (she did claim to me she worked for one) she could have provided Weber with Tina's location.

Maybe he left her a gift in 1979 and perhaps took a little something of hers - a picture and maybe a little book. The above sentence is pure speculation on my part - but something I think might have happened because it sounds like something Duane would do. He had attachments to individuals and he did little things like leaving gifts. It is something he would have done.
but he would also have taken a personal momento!

Duane kept a picture of my daughter near his bed - up until the day he died. He chose the frame and put it in the frame. Tina and my daughter bore a eerie resemblance to each other. A look that was fragil, long blonde hair and the features are very close....my daughter was NOT as tall.

I tried to tell this over the yrs but NO one heard me!

PS
Note I am reposting this with an addendum. Sick and TIRED of people giving credit to those who did NOT know the information like Bruce.

When I contacted Mr. Himmelsbach in 1996 - he and I discussed the location of Tina in 1979. I shared this information with Cook, Gray, Bruce, Doug Pasternak,...and many others yet, WHO is given the credit for this - someone who USES people and the information of others and presents it as their own.

It was no secret regarding Tina's location in 1979. Why Mr. Himmelsbach had NO PROBLEM with the information - he shared with me BECAUSE Duane had told me on the 1979 trip to WA, he knew a woman in Gresham who worked in a retirement home.

I have written proof I told Cook this. I also told Bruce. It is a matter of record and no credit to someone who publishes it and claims it is his own. It was public knowledge, but not something I was able to acquire on my own since I didn't have a computer in 1996....the source was Mr. Himmelsbach and her location in 1979 was NO secret. I was inquiring if she had any problems with a break-in of some sort during 1979. WHY, because she immediately relocates and goes into a facility...she also avoided the media at this time.

I thought maybe the FBI had relocated her - but, I never got a reply to that....I believe I even spoke to the active FBI about her location and enquired if there had been a break-in. Perhaps it was ONLY Mr. H I spoke to. At that time in 1997 - I had NOT discussed the picture of the little girl - even now I cannot verify if it was Tina - if it was Tina - how the HELL did Duane Weber get it?

This has been discussed in the thread by me and pre-Bruce if I remember correctly.

I have also in this thread suggested things Tina and Cooper may have discussed. I believe there was conversation NEVER made public! Otherwise - explain her comment to me "He was a VERY sad man!"

Yea, Carr told the FBI this and they used it on their site - yet, the statement had ONLY been made to Jo Weber by Tina in a private conversation! You will NOT find this in Tina's statements to the FBI. Why she told me - I still do not know.

That STATEMENT made to me seemingly leads to one to believe more conversation took between Cooper and Tina...perhaps, never revealed to the FBI. Something personal had to have been discussed to cause her to speak passionable about a man who held her hostage on a plane and had a bomb.

What ever she said worked - such as all of the little saying in that book with the picture in it. He used that as his guideline to reform himself - it took a while, but he did it. If that book is her book I want to personally hand it to her. It is crumbling with damage due to how it was stored by Duane where ever it was hidden - it did NOT come into the home until 1990 after his little trip to Omaha to retrieve the contents of a safe Deposit box...he paid forward for 10 yrs.

FBI said it would take a FEDERAL warrant to check that one out.

When my husband was ill they gave him s medication called Merinol - I think that was a form of liquid marijana....but it cost about 2K per month. As much pain as I am feeling the last few days - sure wish I had some. The stuff I have is like taking an aspirin...and all it does is upset my stomach.

I REALLY REALLY want to get to WA, but don't know why or how - just want to take Duane home! He didn't stop smiling the entire time we were in WA.
He was giddy!

testxyz

In your post it says:
'"He fishes around in his pants for $19 he received from Flo nearly
he ordered and spilled. He offers the change."

This quote is from Geof's book but it does not mention the three bundles of twenty's offered by DB to the Flight Crew (part of the loot and the same amount as found on Tina's Bar). Tom Kaye was asked if the amount offered to the crew and the DB money found on Tina's Bar were actually the same money as both were three bundles of twenties. Tom answered that it was an interesting question and a possibility (this was his answer this Saturday at the Museum Cooper Display).

So the real question now is did he offer the $19 at one time and the three bundles at another time?

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

So the real question now is did he offer the $19 at one time and the three bundles at another time?

Do you know if Cooper offered the Stews money other than the $19 dollars?

If so, what is your source for Cooper offering the Stews three bundles of money?

sailshaw

testxyz

In your post it says:

This quote is from Geof's book but it does not mention the three bundles of twenty's offered by DB to the Flight Crew (part of the loot and the same amount as found on Tina's Bar). Tom Kaye was asked if the amount offered to the crew and the DB money found on Tina's Bar were actually the same money as both were three bundles of twenties. Tom answered that it was an interesting question and a possibility (this was his answer this Saturday at the Museum Cooper Display).

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

Read Ckret posts. These are two different ocassions. The first
when the money bag was brought in, the second when Cooper
was served the drink. You can partially parse this out in time
using the Transcript. The stews had already refused the
acceptance of money from the bag ... now they refuse his
change from the drink exchange where he paid with a $20 ...
'sorry we can't take tips'. Then Flo was allowed to leave.

I don't know where "three bundles" keeps coming from!?
There is no record as far as I know about how much money was
offered from the bag. So let me set a NEW number. 20 bundels!
Three bundles comes from Ingram! The Ingram find wasn't on the
plane and wasn't offered to Tina & Flo! The Ingram and Tina Bar
were NOT ON THE PLANE!

If Tom says "it's an interesting question", then "green eggs and
ham" is also an interesting question!

People keep trying to link "3 bundles" (in Cooper pocket) with
Tina Bar... with money offered on the plane (which stews reject
so Cooper sticks the money in his coat pocket. Its invention and
speculation. It's an "interesting question" like "was Nyrop in his
office on the Moon?" is an interesting question. It's a terminal
failure of Mr. Kaye - he just doesn't have the guts to say "NO!".
Do cows fly over the Moon? Hell yes! "Its an interesting
question". Really ???

Choices based on the myth: he offered them 3 bundles:

(a) Cooper's body was on Tina Bar.
(b) Cooper coat was on Tina Bar.
(c) Money came out Cooper pockets during drop and wound up
on Tina Bar.
(d) Tina Bar will only take 3 bundles at a time, brought up by
the tide. and not one cent more. The tide is weak.

:D

georger

***testxyz

In your post it says:

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

So Cooper seemed generous and wanted to give tips.

I wonder if Cooper was a bartender or server. The clip-on tie could also have been part of a uniform worn by a bartender/server. If you work in the service industry and rely on tips, service personnel seem to be more generous when tipping others.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

According to Ckret post on Dec. 5, 2007, one bundle was offered
to Tina. I guess Gray didn't read this Ckret post for his book.

I think he missed the opportunity to put one of the most interesting
aspects of the case in his book "Skyjack".

Ckret doesn't mention additional bundles being offered.

Ckret Post below link....

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3037203;search_string=ckret%20offered%20money;guest=114492473#3037203

Ckret Dec 5, 2007, 3:25 PM Post #678 of 1694 (2979 views)

"When Tina brought the money to Cooper, Cooper started talking excitedly about it (Flo's assessment about him being child like). He talked about how heavy it was and had Flo hold the bag so she could feel the weight. Tina then joked with Cooper about it being a lot of money and could she have some. Cooper reached into the bag and gave her a bundle of money. Tina then said to him she was just joking and that she could not accept gratuities and handed the bundle back to Cooper"

EVickiW

******testxyz

In your post it says:

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

So Cooper seemed generous and wanted to give tips.

I wonder if Cooper was a bartender or server. The clip-on tie could also have been part of a uniform worn by a bartender/server. If you work in the service industry and rely on tips, service personnel seem to be more generous when tipping others.

Food Service Worker or Bar Tender were Himmelsbach's first
conjecture about Cooper.

I think the myth makers are winning me over due to relentless pressure!

Cooper offered Tina $5800.00 or .9667% of THREE BUNDLES
when offering her a tip or money from the bag, or a gratuity, or
in advance payment of . . . Tina's childhood photo from her
photo album at buDop ... and those are the SAME THREE
BUNDLES DUANE THREW INTO THE RIVER IN A PAPER SACK
THAT INGRAM FOUND ON TINE/TENA/TJNA BAR. I agree!

It's an "interesting" quetion now settled.

There it is - the truth at last.

I was wrong all along.

The sign should be changed to reflect TRUTH. Three Bundles Bar.

No further consideratin of the money at Three Bundles Sandbar
need be made. Case closed.

Hello ALL,

If anyone recorded my talk at the museum I would very much appreciate a copy. My recorder ran out of memory half way through. If I can get the audio I will try and put it together with the powerpoint and get it on the website as a streaming video.

We didn't think anyone from DZ showed up except Sailshaw. We were disappointed the rest of you didn't introduce yourselves. Dinner after the even would have been fun.

Thanks

Tom

TomKaye

Hello ALL,

If anyone recorded my talk at the museum I would very much appreciate a copy. My recorder ran out of memory half way through. If I can get the audio I will try and put it together with the powerpoint and get it on the website as a streaming video.

We didn't think anyone from DZ showed up except Sailshaw. We were disappointed the rest of you didn't introduce yourselves. Dinner after the even would have been fun.

Thanks

Tom

Sorry, Tom. I'm not a big poster, but I was there and would have introduced myself, but I got the sense it was 5:00 and the museum was closing and they wanted us to leave. Will do next time.

Hi Tom,

Attached is a collage of pictures, people digging at Tena Bar.

Don't know if all are FBI. One picture is from your site.

Maybe you will find them helpful if you don't already have them.

Maybe you will choose to proceed with researching the money found at Tena/Tina Bar and the Money offered to Tina on the plane possible connection.

As sailsaw brought up at the museum.

smokin99

Picture Attached....

Pictures are not of McCoy. They are of an actor stand-in to protect Mac's identity. That actor became very well known
Picture verified by McCoy, attached, nose and ear job but easily identifiable.

The money was copied on a fax machine and rebundled by Northwest. They did not have bill wrappers so they used rubber bands and did it all in a very huge hurry. That is why the bundles are not accurate count and that is where the money bag came from. It was a case (bag) from the guy who counted de money. A brand new case he just bought for his camera or whatever. Per Dave Haapala.

BobKnoss

Picture Attached....

Pictures are not of McCoy. They are of an actor stand-in to protect Mac's identity. That actor became very well known
Picture verified by McCoy, attached, nose and ear job but easily identifiable.

The money was copied on a fax machine and rebundled by Northwest. They did not have bill wrappers so they used rubber bands and did it all in a very huge hurry. That is why the bundles are not accurate count and that is where the money bag came from. It was a case (bag) from the guy who counted de money. A brand new case he just bought for his camera or whatever. Per Dave Haapala.

the snow job is pretty easy to spot too....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Cooper offered Tina $5800.00 or .9667% of THREE BUNDLES
when offering her a tip or money from the bag, or a gratuity, or
in advance payment of . . . Tina's childhood photo from her
photo album at buDop ... and those are the SAME THREE
BUNDLES DUANE THREW INTO THE RIVER IN A PAPER SACK
THAT INGRAM FOUND ON TINE/TENA/TJNA BAR. I agree!

Hey, Georger I am NOT part of that equation. You incorportated me by stating anything about the childhood photo or BuDop! Leave JO out of the equation.

:)
Did JO Weber just solve this crime? What are you doing? Are you sitting in the FBI office right now? How the HELL did you find out so fast about the BOOKS? Did Jo Weber just connect the books to the skyjacking?

Does Jo Weber have Tina's handwriting in one of those book?
How did Jo Weber get Tina's handwriting? Well - how the hell do you know what is going on?

I certainly don't know! All I know is that I just got off the phone to the FBI office. All I got was a message and I left a message, but my messages go to file 13 or they are never opened.

Why don't one of you make a copy of Tina's handwriting from the records made available - and then I will scan something you might want to compare. Let's do some real handwriting comparisons.

Remember that in those books was two pieces of paper with handwriting on them. Do they belong to a passenger? Who was Joan Garrity?

Joan Garrity is in BOTH books.

Joan Garrity was connected to A.W.A.R.E.

Why or how did Weber acquire two books with Joan Garrity in them as a contributor. Joan Garrity lived in St. Helens, OR. Was Joan Garrity connected to the antique shop in St. Helens, OR in 1971. Joan Garrity was an artist of sorts.

What is Duane Weber's connection to Joan Garrity?

:)[:/]

WHERE THE HELL IS THE SITE YOU GUYS POSTED THAT SHOWED THE ACTUAL NOTES WRITTEN BY TINA?