47 47
quade

DB Cooper

on the segment of "In Search Of" they show someone typing the serial numbers. (see photo) they also state this was done at the FBI office????

I remember seeing that. It appeared they were doing cooper money.

Having said that, It's becoming more apparent that the FBI had no involvement with documenting money (serial numbers) until after Cooper already had the money.

Evidently, the FBI started distributing Booklets with all the serial numbers on December 8th of 1971. I think most banks got the booklets of serial numbers.

Would be nice to have one of those booklets as a conversation piece.

As far as serial number order in the booklet (alpha-numeric or random), it seems Greggory Gray or R.H. would know. Maybe one of them would even know if the booklet matched the order of the bills.

I would think the booklets were Alpha-Numeric, If not, it would take a long time to look up just one bill. The serial number publications in the newspaper might be direct copies from the Booklets.

testxyz

on the segment of "In Search Of" they show someone typing the serial numbers. (see photo) they also state this was done at the FBI office????

I remember seeing that. It appeared they were doing cooper money.

Having said that, It's becoming more apparent that the FBI had no involvement with documenting money (serial numbers) until after Cooper already had the money.

Evidently, the FBI started distributing Booklets with all the serial numbers on December 8th of 1971. I think most banks got the booklets of serial numbers.

Would be nice to have one of those booklets as a conversation piece.

As far as serial number order in the booklet (alpha-numeric or random), it seems Greggory Gray or R.H. would know. Maybe one of them would even know if the booklet matched the order of the bills.

I would think the booklets were Alpha-Numeric, If not, it would take a long time to look up just one bill. The serial number publications in the newspaper might be direct copies from the Booklets.

it's also possible this is the list the bank had. the FBI might have a different list if the shuffled the cash?
I'm pretty sure they would want to document the bills before release?

here is the segment....about 6 minutes in they talk about the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_yvGpipjzE
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Greggory Gray had access to FBI files like nobody else in the general public before, for his book "Skyjack".

In Search Of.... mentions the money came from several banks

Gray says One Bank...

In Search of.... Mentions FBI busy recording serial numbers at FBI HQ

Gray says.....The FBI Boss looked at the open bag of money and that was it.

I'm finding Gray to be pretty accurate with what went down.

testxyz

Greggory Gray had access to FBI files like nobody else in the general public before, for his book "Skyjack".

In Search Of.... mentions the money came from several banks

Gray says One Bank...

In Search of.... Mentions FBI busy recording serial numbers at FBI HQ

Gray says.....The FBI Boss looked at the open bag of money and that was it.

I'm finding Gray to be pretty accurate with what went down.

as with everything in the case, there are different versions. it's also documented the bills were photo copied (microfilmed) the "Boss" could of simply been overlooking the process, I don't know. I have doubts the FBI wouldn't record the numbers. these were used for court purposes. I think they would be in trouble if they only had the bank stating the numbers. perhaps 377 could chime in? maybe they didn't make the list until they went thru the microfilm and put them in order?

it just seems to me if the money was in the bag according to the list, Cooper could see the itemized way they were bundled. I'm finding H,J,L & C bills in the Ingram's bundle. more L's than anything else. random....still worth looking into.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I'm finding H,J,L & C bills in the Ingram's bundle. more L's than anything else. random....still worth looking into.

Yea.....L seems to be the most common bill.

Attached is the cluster layout I have for about 28 bills. 2 more bills will go into the higher number bundles if I can find the missing pages. From the FBI vault there are 29 pages....suppose to be 34 pages. Pages 7,8,9,30,31,32 are missing.

Notice Bundles 27, 28 and 29.....represents all of Page 10. I found 5 Bills on page 10.

Jo wrote

Maybe it was wrong to with hold it - but, I did.

You always hold things back Jo, its incurable in your case.

It's not "wrong", in a moral sense, but it is extremely counterproductive if you want the case solved.

Selective disclosure is always suspect. It smacks of cherry picking evidence.

You are ALWAYS holding something back. It really hurts your credibility Jo.

End of useless sermon.

If the FBI wanted the DNA from the watch - I would have gladly taken it in to be swabbed, but NOT confiscated and not tested like they did the rest of the DNA - it sat in a box in the FBI office for 4 and 1/2 yrs before they even did the DNA.

I was right in holding that watch - I would never have seen it again!

Remember this. They came to see me in 1997, but did NOT ask for DNA until 2003...after I had remarried and moved when they expected me to have ZERO... Basically what I gave them was useless in my opinion which is evident since they did NOT test it until 2007. I have the paperwork the agent ACCIDENTLY left in the box when they returned it.

See what I mean - right there is a negligence/oversite I have PROOF of. It has been 17 1/2 yrs since I contacted the FBI - they produced ZERO - not even a file they SUPPOSEDLY have reviewed...the Missouri Records and Intake photo.

Every ONE of you know I asked CARR for that file. I did it before and in this thread - ZERO until MrShutter produced it on this thread this yr. 2013.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Here are the serial numbers I found on the net with corresponding page numbers. Don't know if I can find anymore.

Page 2

C13 871 652A 63A

Page 3

E41 933 578A

Page 4

F07 553 334A 691

Page 6

H27 412 928A 63A
I02 591 811A 69

Page 7,8 or 9 (pages missing)

J12 657 135A

Page 10

L01 701 113A 69
L01 842 041A 69
L02 882 1118 63A
L04 461 895? 63A
L06 832 736A 69

Page 14

L20 210 452A 69
L20 301 456A 69

Page 16

L29 575 638A 69

Page 18

L32 700 814A 69

Page 22

L34 212 082A 69

L34 4 (partial) Page 22 or 23

Page 23

L34 589 413A 69
L34 628 654A 69

Page 24

L36 246 726A 69

Page 25

L38 138 140A 60

Page 27

L43 214 579A 69

Page 28

L47 621 840A 69

Page 29

L51 236 3778 63A

Page 30 (page missing)

L55 376 548B

L59 439 4?????

Page 33

L72 525 8388 63A

Guys,

So you don't waste any more time on this. Directly from the FBI documents:
"Ransom money in the amount $200,000 was made up entirely of used, random 20 dollar bills. It was obtained from the Seattle-First National Bank, Main Office, and was part of a ransom package of 250,000, which had been maintained by the bank for such emergencies."

"The entire list of the ransom bills had previously been microfilmed by the Seattle-First National Bank, and has now been incorporated in a 34 page pamphlet of ransom bills."

We long ago tried to find the original microfilm so it would show the order of the bills in the bundles. No luck even with Larry Carr helping. In my opinion the available list has no relation to the order of the bundles.

Tom

More info:

There was a film canister with the film inside that was given to the FBI days after the event. The FBI had to determine which of the bills remained and which were given to Cooper. The canister contained the list of serial numbers in order PLUS a list of the start and stop serial numbers for each bundle. At the end of the film was a list of the start and stop numbers for each bundle that was left in the bank. There were 100 bills exactly per bundle.

The FBI never did any sorting of the bills what so ever from the transcripts. The bank people brought the money to Sea-Tac where the FBI then took it on the plane.

Tom

mrshutter45

if the total was $5800 there should be 290 bills. if they followed the list which appears to be numeric the bills should all be on one page. if they shuffled the bills, or randomized them. there will be no way to tell how they were bundled. at least according to the list they gave to the public. it's also possible they came from different area's within the bag. bottom/middle or top? if Cooper pulled bundles from the bottom in order to look at them. I'm sure he placed them on the top when he put them back in the bag.

you would think several people were recording the bills. on the segment of "In Search Of" they show someone typing the serial numbers. (see photo) they also state this was done at the FBI office????

I don't know at this point.......:|

I originally thought recording the bills was done at the FBI office
also - but now everyone is saying it was previously done at the
bank complete with microfiche (at the bank). I think Tom just
told me it was all done at the bank .... ? .... but now I don't
know. Different accounts. Which account is correct.

It may also be that Ckret's saying the serial numbers were
randomly distributed throughout the 100 bundles may be a
metaphorical fact vs. literal fact. It all depends on what kind of
distribution was in the original 10,000 twenties at the bank and
how 'that' distribution was shuffled (if at all) in preparation for
delivery to Cooper. Somebody's list somewhere had to reflect
that distribution. The microfiche would have relfected a
distribution as bills were fed into it. But Ingram's bills don't seem
to reflect a trully random distribution. Why and what does that
prove?

Thank You Tom, that was my understanding 16 YRS ago when I first enquired of Mr. H about this. His advanced age and health means he now has to sit out. Thank you for stating what I could have stated, but it would then have been debated till the end of time.

The money was explained in Richard Tosaw's book who was an attorney and spent several yrs compiling his information. Even though I did NOT agree with Tosaw's opinions & theories - his fact in the case were 90% dead on.

His personal interviews with the fight crew are the most accurate on record.
The crew was tired and some of the questions asked of them by the FBI could have waited, but there was a urgency to get the story out.

Tosaw took many yrs with his interviews and inquires and he did these interviews - the way they should have been conducted in the very beginning.

Tosaw had sharp severe opinions, but he was in the beginning not demanding. As the yrs drug out his personality regarding the case became opinionated...as has others who have spent multiple yrs and monies on this case.

You do know that Richard Tosaw and Duane's brother and wife, personally knew Tosaw and his sister? This was the first thing the brother told me in 2004 when I got the opportunity to meet him personally. Due to unfortunate circumstances regarding the sister having a heart attack while we were dining - our conversation was never finished.

Among the records left to a member of the family was a note that stated Duane had jump training. This was to be the subject of our conversation that never happened.

I did briefly meet the sister that night & she was relieved when she realized I was not the woman she met in 1971. My visit to CA caused the sisters heart attack as she had disclosed thing to the brother he was going to discuss with me, but in the end these things re-mained a family secret. I wanted the truth, but not at the expense of causing stress to the point it would destroy the lives of the one person Duane intrusted with his secrets...his sister who was 6 yrs older than he was.

One can verify that the brother and Tosaw both lived in the same area and belonged to the same boat club and went to the same church and bible study classes. Both the brother and his wife spoke fondly of the Tosaws.

Later both the sister and the brother would relocate...to the Moreno Valley area. All of them are deceased now and whatever was to be shared with me is forever buried. I made the decision at that point NOT to burden these elderly individuals.

I felt responsible for the sister's heart attack and stepped back. I never knew if the FBI interviewed these family members after one of them decided to help me, but the sister was a woman of great pride and well thought of in her community. She lived by the standards of her yrs and family secrets stayed secret...and my enquires stopped. It was the right thing to do.

The smile on her face that night in the hospital and what she said I will never ever forget. "You aren't Jo" - the woman Duane had taken to her home in 1971 she thought was me and in 2004 she found out I was NOT that woman. I hope she lived the rest of her life in peace after that. We exchanged one letter after that - and I have abided by what she asked of me until I myself and am looking at the end of my time on this earth.

The truth can harm NO one now - and I would like to know who I spent 17 yrs of my life with and why I have had to spend the last 18 yrs seeking what should have been told yrs ago. Too many lives had been destroyed by SECRETS kept way too long.

Some of the these unnecessary - Secrets are really not secret anymore. Making history make sense and doing away with the speculations of the public regarding Governments action 50 yrs ago...is not a breach of security. NOT one damn thing revealed from 40/50 yrs would harm National Security today, only put speculations to rest.

Then we deal with it and make sure the same mistakes are NOT made again and again.

The money was set aside - already counted and recorded - waiting for the day it would be needed. I do NOT know who was responsible for these monies being set aside, but one would think the Airlines. Wonder how many people KNEW about the stash in WA and also other places? They counted out of the stacks 200K and the remaining amount left was LESS than 40k,. Seems lie the amount placed in the bank for such circumstances was 238K - Why and odd amount I don't know? But it WAS not 240 on hand (almost)!

Tom wrote

"Ransom money in the amount $200,000 was made up entirely of used, random 20 dollar bills. It was obtained from the Seattle-First National Bank, Main Office, and was part of a ransom package of 250,000, which had been maintained by the bank for such emergencies."

It's always seemed odd to me that a bank would tie up 250K in currency just to have it ready for "such emergencies". At whose insistence? Was the bank compensated for this? Did other banks do this? Did McCoys money come from a similar bank stash?

It sure wasnt in the shareholders best interest to have 250K not earning interest.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Tom wrote

It's always seemed odd to me that a bank would tie up 250K in currency just to have it ready for "such emergencies". At whose insistence? Was the bank compensated for this? Did other banks do this? Did McCoys money come from a similar bank stash?

It sure wasnt in the shareholders best interest to have 250K not earning interest.

$250k would be a minor amount for a large bank to set aside for
contingency reasons. It might have even been a requirement.

TK says we are wasting our time with this - that may be the
understatement of the Century.

In "what" order? That is the whole question.
What type of ordering?

Attached is a picture of a Tena Bar bundle from the Oregonian on Feb 13 1980.

I'm 90 percent sure there is part of a rubberband on the top of the bundle.

If it is part of a rubberband than the serial number on the top bill is either the beginning of a sequence or end of sequence for one bundle.

The top bill serial number should be on the Microfilm that was found showing stops and starts of bundles. The Microfilm Tom Kaye spoke of.

testxyz

What type of ordering?

If it is part of a rubberband than the serial number on the top bill is either the beginning of a sequence or end of sequence for one bundle.

The top bill serial number should be on the Microfilm that was found showing stops and starts of bundles. The Microfilm Tom Kaye spoke of.

Speculation:

IF Cooper survived - he would have hid the money in different places. If he noticed the serial numbers in sequences - I think he would have gone thru them looking for marked bills. When the money was thrown into the River by Cooper several yrs later - it had to have been stored someplace - probably in several different places.

I think the FBI would have left the money in sequence - hoping Cooper would pay for an expensive item with the cash - lots of 20's within a sequence coming out of one area - would have been a RED flag for the FBI.

The last thing on Cooper's mind when the money was recieved was the sequence of the bills - he may have looked to see if they appeared to be counterfeit, but HOW would he know? Most individuals are unable to detect a real 20 from a counterfeit with a glance.

Cooper would have stashed the bills in several places - perhaps safety deposit boxes thru out the US and he would have scrambled the bills if a sequence of serial numbers was noted.

It is possible that one such box or other storage place was in WA or OR...and that explains why Weber disappeared for 5 and 1/2 hours in The Dalles and then again in Seattle. I believe there was only one stash in WA or OR and the other time span in Seattle was to sort thru the bounty hidden within driving time of The Dalles.

Duane disappeared for an afternoon in Seattle. He was giddy upon returning and had NOT been drinking. I made him a drink while he changed and freshened up for the banquet. I wanted some pictures before we went downstairs (there are 2 made of me and 2 made of him). This was when when he did the arms spread eagle thing and shouted Geronimo.
He was giddy and that was his first drink.

He let me know he wanted to leave early the next morning because he had some stops he wanted to make. You guys know the rest of that story.

testxyz

What type of ordering?

if you are talking about the area I have circled on the photo provided, it's not a rubber band. it's part of the oval where the pic of the prez is. this photo has bothered me for a while.

Tom Kaye stated:

=====================
Jo states:
NOTE: I think if you actually research OLD records - (I remembered reading something about this yrs and yrs ago). The MONEY was put there there and in other locations for the sole purpose of being available for such a randsom demands. If it was just for skyjackings I do not know.

Why it was in 20's that again was foersite on the part of the airlines. Did Cooper ask for 20's? I don't think so!

Why did he ask for 200K - was that because he was aware of the money being available by the facilities?

+++++++++++++++++++

Now Jo has a story to tell ONE last time about Duane Weber and I hope someone /anyone is reading and listening to me on this:

Weber was in the Bellingham/Marrietta area with his wife and step-son, but I do not know the yrs. Why they were there I do not know. This would have been 1962 to 1972. The wife of the day denied having been there, but was there not a military facility in the area? She had 2 sons stationed in WA.

Duane talked about Lyndon and especially NOOKSACK - how the hell could I forget a name like Nooksack?

I remembered this because he spoke about the road into BC not being monitored in the day and a way individuals could slip over the boundary.

He then mentioned Vacouver & Richmond. He spoke of flights (seemingly small planes) from the WA area and going from Belmont area to Vancouver BC. I have NO IDEA what era of time he was speaking of.

Times it seemed he was YOUNG as he spoke about The Guys and other times he was referencing a more recent date - because he mention the wife of the 60's.

We had gone up the interstate above Seattle, but do NOT remember how far we drove. He drove so fast - and all I remember is the things he said and I was not looking at a map. I should retrace that part of the trip - I might find that time and space as with The Dalles day my memory banks did NOT account for

He spoke about a road that went across the mountains that ended up in Spokane. He mention a camp that was there and that they built a "trailer park" and he spoke about a camp.He mention a name like Bauer or a sound alike. He spoke about Snonomish just outside of Seattle - but I do not remember what he said.

He told me about a Camp in the Cascades and the only thing I ever found in that area was a Smokejumper base, but one would assume forestry also had camps.

He was specific about the location of Indian reservations and Government camps. He was pointing those out all over the place even before we got to Washougal - he had told me about Indian area and camps in the OR area.

Then he continues on the day we drove North of Seattle to talk about these things. Whatever or whenever Duane obtained his knowledge of WA and OR and ID it certainly involved knowledge of airstrips, camps, grave yards, gravel pits, signal towers and Indian reservations.

When he mentioned the Columbia river - I questioned him and probably one of the few questions I did ask. I didn't know there was a Columbia River in the West and only associated it with other areas.

Sorry if I am boring you guys, but I may never be able to tell the story in its entirety and hopefully some one some day will pick up on the small sequences I have written about since 2006 in this thread. Hopefully some one will find the answers to HOW Weber knew the area and where he was and what he did and under what name.

Dusty was tattooed on his arm.
There was family in the WA area by the name of Wenz or Wetnz as his grandmother's family on his mothers side had connections to WA. This would be the FAMILY or friends of the FAMILY who would help the family out when Duane was sent to McNeil and why the records are estranged

Oh Well! I am just talking to myself and NO one CARES, but me. NO one wants the truth, but me. Who the hell was John "Dusty" Collins, Duane L. Weber. Dusty Weber, Dusty Wenz? NO one cares.

I have told the above before, but it has been lost in the shuffle along the yrs in this long long saga, but just encase - I wanted to tell it one MORE TIME. Remember I do NOT go back and search - this is told from memory and my heart. I need the answers from someone / anyone about Duane's background in WA.

Surely his foot prints in WA have not been entirely erased!

mrshutter45

What type of ordering?

if you are talking about the area I have circled on the photo provided, it's not a rubber band. it's part of the oval where the pic of the prez is. this photo has bothered me for a while.

Correct. Its another phantom. The crystalised band fragments
do not look like that, even remotely.

Consider these. In the last photo sand particles are mixed in with the extinct band remnants.

skyjack71

Tom Kaye stated:

=====================
Jo states:
NOTE: I think if you actually research OLD records - (I remembered reading something about this yrs and yrs ago). The MONEY was put there there and in other locations for the sole purpose of being available for such a randsom demands. If it was just for skyjackings I do not know.

Why it was in 20's that again was forsite on the part of the airlines. Did Cooper ask for 20's? I don't think so!

Why did he ask for 200K - was that because he was aware of the money being available by the facilities?

++++++++++++++++++++
Now Jo has a story to tell ONE last time about Duane Weber and I hope someone /anyone is reading and listening to meon this:

Weber was in the Bellingham/Marrieta area with his wife and step-son, but I do not know the yrs. Why they were there I do not know. This would have been 1962 to 1972. The wife of the day denied having been there, but was there not a military facility in the area.

Duane talked about Lyndon and especially NOOKSACK - how the hell could I forget a name like Nooksack?
I remembered this because he spoke about the road into BC not being monitored in the day and a way individual could slip over the boundary.

He then mentioned Vacouver & Richmond. He spoke of flights (seemingly small planes) from the WA area and going from Belmont area to Vancouver BC. I have NO IDEA what era of time he was speaking of.

Times it seemed he was YOUNG as he spoke about The Guys and other times he was referencing a more recent date - because he mention the wife of the 60's.

We had gone up the interstate above Seattle but do NOT know how far we drove. He drove so fast - and all I remember is the things he said and I was not looking at a map.

He spoke about a road that went across the mountains that ended up in Spokane. He mention a camp that was there and that they built a "trailer park" and he spoke about a camp.
He mention a name like Bauer or a sound alike. He spoke about Snonomish just outside of Seattle - but I do not remember what he said.

He told me about a Camp in the Cascades and the only thing I ever found in that area was a Smokejumper base, but one would assume forestry also had camps.

He was specific about the location of Indina reservations and Government camps He was pointing those out all over the place even before we got to Washougal - he had told me about Indian area and camps in the OR area.

Then he continues on the day we drove North of Seattle to talk about these things. Whatever or whenever Duane obtained his knowledge of WA and OR and ID it certainly involved knowledge of airstrips, camps, grave yards, gravel pits and Indian reservations. When he mentioned the Columbia river - I questioned him and probably one of the few questions I did ask. I didn't know there was a Columbia River in the West and only associated it with other areas.

Sorry if I am boring you guys, but I may never be able to tell the story in its entirety and hopefully some one some day will pick up on the small sequences I have written about since 2006 in this thread. Hopefully someone will find the answers to HOW Weber knew the area and where he was and what he did and under what name.

Dusty was tattooed on his arm.
There was family in the WA area by the name of Wenz or Wetnz - his grandmothers family on his mothers side had some connections to WA.
This would be the FAMILY or friends of the FAMILY who would help the family out when Duane was sent to McNeil and why the records there are strange.

Oh Well! I am just talking to myself and NO one CARES but me. NO one wants the truth, but me. Who the hell was John "Dusty" Collins, Duane L. Weber. Dusty Weber, Dusty Wenz? NO one cares.

I have told the above before, but it has been lost in the shuffle along the yrs in this long long saga, but just encase - I wanted to tell it one MORE TIME. Remember I do NOT go back and search - this is told from memory and my heart. I need the answers from someone / anyone about Duane's background in WA.

Its not my quote! Tom Kaye's quote! Take me outta yer heddah.
Hello Muddah
Hello Faddah

Jo, I think if you would take the time to get Duane's actual rap sheet. a lot of answers could be found on locating where he was. according to the FBI he was arrested some 26 times. I'm thinking you are scared to find out where he was during those times.

it seems he was in trouble in between being in prison with that many arrests. I find it hard for him to have had the time to do the things that take most people a full free life span to achieve.