47 47
quade

DB Cooper

mrshutter45

***Seems to me that Cooper developed somewhat of a bond with Tina Mucklow, more so after the passengers and other stewardess were let go.

Cooper offered Tina Mucklow some of the 200k.

Of the 200K, the only money found ends up at
Tena's Bar by coincidence?

Sounds like a Miracle!....Maybe that is why she became a Nun.

What are the chances of that happening besides a Miracle?

I mentioned this a while back, but nobody took a bite. I was also wondering if she was showing guilt when she got off the plane instead of being scared from the ordeal. where was Tina living from 71-1980?

Begging to differ Mr. S...... :)
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4506104#4506104

Several of us have wondered previously on this thread about the various coincidences and, frankly, kinda sorta weird (though allowing for PTSD) behavior of Tina following the hijacking. If I'm remembering correctly and what Bruce Smith has on his site is accurate, she was living in Gresham, not far from the money find in 1979 shortly before she entered the convent.

Some folks don't like it when anyone tries to question the whole Tina thing where she was treated as some kind of fragile paper doll. She was a primary witness in a major crime, for pete's sake, yet we have FBI agents that have declared that they will not question Tina any further. "She doesn't remember anything", they claim - yet how do they know that if they don't talk to her?

I don't know - but I am not alone in thinking that her response and the response to her response just seems very odd. Just so many interesting tidbits - brother-in-law is FBI, they all end up living in WA and Oregon, the timing of her getting away from the world, the fact that, according to some accounts, there was an opportunity for the crew to get away but for Tina, the disconnect between her media cooperation immediately after the hijacking as compared to her reclusiveness later, and finally, the apparent uber kid gloves that are used in any dealings with her and the unwillingness to believe that she might not have been totally forthcoming about certain aspects of the hijacking.

That said - I know about PTSD, I know about empathy, I know about the thin line crossed between how we can act while in a crisis versus the aftermath, I know about selective memory recall. I know there are valid explanations for her behavior.....
So don't anyone judge or explain all this stuff ad nauseum. :)
Just saying the whole Tina thing is interesting and kind of strange to say the least. If I have time I will dig around a little further to see if I can further verify locations. Which would be proof of .....absolutely nothing ;). Like most stuff connnected to this case, we would only be left with more speculation. :)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

testxyz

About the Opening Day at the Museum. It was very well done and had many things to look at. Tom Kaye spoke and he now concludes that DB survived the jump. A DB Cooper actor spoke and answered questions and his photo on the 727 airstairs is attached. The actor added to the displays that included the Cooper 20 that 377 loaned to the museum. I talked with Tom Kaye and he says the FBI will be doing nothing to solve the case now as it is too old. However, the Citizen Sleuths could push to get the DNA from under the Stamps/envelope flaps of the four letters sent to the newspapers shortly after Norjak. They could compare the DNA with what the FBI has from Sheridon Peterson and bingo they will find a match and be responsible for solving the case. They will become the hero's and of great help to supplement the FBI work.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

Robert99

in your opinion, based his study, is it your opinion that the money was planted? or not? A
simple question, remember its only your opinion and it is not to be attacked. You are entitled to have one without me being mean to you. so, yes it was planted, or no it was not

The money was not planted.

Robert99

So Mr GC,
same ground rules. Yes or no. No attacking. :)I asked a couple of questions regarding statements that you made in posts and no answers unless I missed it....Of course, nothing that says you have to answer but I'm hoping you will...

In a previous post about the ticket agent's handwriting, the post could be interpreted to lead one to believe that you have examined that handwriting.

So.....Yes or no -
1. Have you examined samples of the ticket agent's handwriting? and...
2. are you willing to post details of that?

I also asked about DNA and you haven't responded to that either. -- so again, just asking -
3. do you know whether they have tested the letters and/or envelopes for DNA? And
4. if they have, do you know the results?

btw...I've enjoyed your tour videos - nice to see the landscape outside of pictures...

Thanks,
Smokin
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

smokin99

******Seems to me that Cooper developed somewhat of a bond with Tina Mucklow, more so after the passengers and other stewardess were let go.

Cooper offered Tina Mucklow some of the 200k.

Of the 200K, the only money found ends up at
Tena's Bar by coincidence?

Sounds like a Miracle!....Maybe that is why she became a Nun.

What are the chances of that happening besides a Miracle?

I mentioned this a while back, but nobody took a bite. I was also wondering if she was showing guilt when she got off the plane instead of being scared from the ordeal. where was Tina living from 71-1980?

Begging to differ Mr. S...... :)
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4506104#4506104

Several of us have wondered previously on this thread about the various coincidences and, frankly, kinda sorta weird (though allowing for PTSD) behavior of Tina following the hijacking. If I'm remembering correctly and what Bruce Smith has on his site is accurate, she was living in Gresham, not far from the money find in 1979 shortly before she entered the convent.

Some folks don't like it when anyone tries to question the whole Tina thing where she was treated as some kind of fragile paper doll. She was a primary witness in a major crime, for pete's sake, yet we have FBI agents that have declared that they will not question Tina any further. "She doesn't remember anything", they claim - yet how do they know that if they don't talk to her?

I don't know - but I am not alone in thinking that her response and the response to her response just seems very odd. Just so many interesting tidbits - brother-in-law is FBI, they all end up living in WA and Oregon, the timing of her getting away from the world, the fact that, according to some accounts, there was an opportunity for the crew to get away but for Tina, the disconnect between her media cooperation immediately after the hijacking as compared to her reclusiveness later, and finally, the apparent uber kid gloves that are used in any dealings with her and the unwillingness to believe that she might not have been totally forthcoming about certain aspects of the hijacking.

That said - I know about PTSD, I know about empathy, I know about the thin line crossed between how we can act while in a crisis versus the aftermath, I know about selective memory recall. I know there are valid explanations for her behavior.....
So don't anyone judge or explain all this stuff ad nauseum. :)
Just saying the whole Tina thing is interesting and kind of strange to say the least. If I have time I will dig around a little further to see if I can further verify locations. Which would be proof of .....absolutely nothing ;). Like most stuff connnected to this case, we would only be left with more speculation. :)

I'm sure it's been brought up b4. I was speaking about when I posted it. no biggie. when you become attached to people involved in a crime I think you close doors on trying to figure things out. I look at it as everyone is suspect until things prove differently. I don't know much about her, just because she was into Religion hardly makes you perfect. TV evangelists proved how honesty works lol. B|

sure it's a long shot in the dark, but, nothing should be left out because of there personality. most times when a serial killer is caught, the people who know him always claim he was a nice guy. 3 stews, 3 packs of cash??? just saying of course B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

sailshaw

testxyz

About the Opening Day at the Museum. It was very well done and had many things to look at. Tom Kaye spoke and he now concludes that DB survived the jump. A DB Cooper actor spoke and answered questions and his photo on the 727 airstairs is attached. The actor added to the displays that included the Cooper 20 that 377 loaned to the museum. I talked with Tom Kaye and he says the FBI will be doing nothing to solve the case now as it is too old. However, the Citizen Sleuths could push to get the DNA from under the Stamps/envelope flaps of the four letters sent to the newspapers shortly after Norjak. They could compare the DNA with what the FBI has from Sheridon Peterson and bingo they will find a match and be responsible for solving the case. They will become the hero's and of great help to supplement the FBI work.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

I think it's time to hand over the case to the US Marshal's and let them pick up the pace. B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Just saying the whole Tina thing is interesting and kind of strange to say the least.

I'm trying to figure out when Tena (Aka) Tina bar was named.
Before the hijacking and money find?

None of the articles I've looked at about the money find (year 1980) mentioned Tena or Tina bar. (Maybe they wanted to keep it secret?)

ALSO....Was the (sand bar?) name changed to Tina from Tena after the Money was found by Ingram. (A tribute to Tina Mucklow?)

I could have sworn I saw a sign that read Tena Bar. (somewhere on the web)

Here is a 2009 image of the Sign to the entrace of TINA bar aka Tena bar from Tom Kayes website.

Kaye says the name Tena is MISSPELLED on the Sign....BIZARRE!

testxyz

Just saying the whole Tina thing is interesting and kind of strange to say the least.

I'm trying to figure out when Tena (Aka) Tina bar was named.
Before the hijacking and money find?

None of the articles I've looked at about the money find (year 1980) mentioned Tena or Tina bar. (Maybe they wanted to keep it secret?)

ALSO....Was the (sand bar?) name changed to Tina from Tena after the Money was found by Ingram. (A tribute to Tina Mucklow?)

I could have sworn I saw a sign that read Tena Bar. (somewhere on the web)

Here is a 2009 image of the Sign to the entrace of TINA bar aka Tena bar from Tom Kayes website.

the Tena/Tina thing has been going on for years. I don't know when the actual name came into play. perhaps Amazon has answers? B|

the Tena/Tina thing has been going on for years.

According to Jerry Thomas...

"The Bar was named after the original owners daughter. according to the Fazio's brothers. Jerry"

The original owners daughter was named Tina and other DZ members with family in the area also say Tina Bar is the true name.

Gray calls it Tena Bar in his book "Skyjack" and Tom Kaye appears to think it is Tena bar at his website CitizenSleuths.com

Evidently, Greggory Gray and Tom Kaye are wrong!

mrshutter45

I'm sure it's been brought up b4. I was speaking about when I posted it. no biggie. .....

Right - just like no one bit when I posted it except Jo and I don't think I ever did get that pm. ;)B|. What's up with that, Jo?

You're right - it is no biggie... I was just trying to point out that, although it has been discussed in the past, sometimes it seems folks think that some topics are disrespectful or untouchable. Like Tina's behavior or NWA / Donald Nyrop's (it seems) complete lack of curiosity about finding out whodunit.

I guess because it is so speculative and touches on that other bad C word (conspiracy). :)B|

To Mr test.....According to a telegraph article...here....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667855/The-40-year-mystery-of-Americas-greatest-skyjacking.html........"Tina Bar is named after Del Tina, the man Richard’s father bought the property from 60 years ago. Richard says he and his brother knew nothing about the money until the FBI showed up on their doorstep: Ingram’s parents had contacted local police themselves. Albert was in town the morning the FBI came; Richard was eating lunch with some colleagues. “There was a knock at the door and these two guys were dressed just like you’d imagine FBI agents back then,” he says. “In trench coats.” The next day a van full of agents showed up, set up an investigation site, posted guards at the entrance and spent a week digging up the Fazios’ river front. Richard says it was a media circus. “We helped the FBI, using our backhoe to dig in the sand, but we found nothing.” Richard and Albert say the money was discovered on top of the sand and must, therefore, have floated down river rather than been deliberately buried....."

Article from 1980 calling it TENA...If the Telegraph article is correct, maybe the guys name was Del Tena??

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0_tLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Oe4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6856,3095682&dq=where+is+fazio+bros+washington&hl=en

smokin99

I'm sure it's been brought up b4. I was speaking about when I posted it. no biggie. .....

Right - just like no one bit when I posted it except Jo and I don't think I ever did get that pm. ;)B|. What's up with that, Jo?

You're right - it is no biggie... I was just trying to point out that, although it has been discussed in the past, sometimes it seems folks think that some topics are disrespectful or untouchable. Like Tina's behavior or NWA / Donald Nyrop's (it seems) complete lack of curiosity about finding out whodunit.

I guess because it is so speculative and touches on that other bad C word (conspiracy). :)B|

To Mr test.....According to a telegraph article...here....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667855/The-40-year-mystery-of-Americas-greatest-skyjacking.html........"Tina Bar is named after Del Tina, the man Richard’s father bought the property from 60 years ago. Richard says he and his brother knew nothing about the money until the FBI showed up on their doorstep: Ingram’s parents had contacted local police themselves. Albert was in town the morning the FBI came; Richard was eating lunch with some colleagues. “There was a knock at the door and these two guys were dressed just like you’d imagine FBI agents back then,” he says. “In trench coats.” The next day a van full of agents showed up, set up an investigation site, posted guards at the entrance and spent a week digging up the Fazios’ river front. Richard says it was a media circus. “We helped the FBI, using our backhoe to dig in the sand, but we found nothing.” Richard and Albert say the money was discovered on top of the sand and must, therefore, have floated down river rather than been deliberately buried....."

investigations can be disrespectful. I don't think anything should be untouchable. people do strange things for strange reasons. we have so many unanswered questions about the money find that makes one wonder what all took place on the plane. logic plays a factor over disrespect or untouchable. all paths need to be cleared in order to find answers. nobody knows any of the people who were on the plane. we can't judge the book simply by it's cover. we have bits and pieces of what took place. we can't possibly come to any conclusions of foul play. unless we have the whole story. (we don't)

Law Enforcement is not bias. they look at everyone as a suspect. sometimes a hunch can turn into something. I don't have a clue whether any of this would go anywhere, but, I think we might be over looking the obvious in some cases. you don't know what is under the rock until you turn it over...

also, talking to a person on the phone several times or interviewing them will not give you all the answers about there personality. cops will bring you back in over and over asking questions. (more insight)

3 of us have now had thoughts about this in a short period of time. must be a reason..no? B|

smokin99

Article from 1980 calling it TENA...If the Telegraph article is correct, maybe the guys name was Del Tena??

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0_tLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Oe4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6856,3095682&dq=where+is+fazio+bros+washington&hl=en

that could be the start of the misdirection??? why would they put a sign on the property incorrect?

According to Georger on Feb. 11, 2011...Post # 22130

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4058497;search_string=tina%20tena;guest=114435818#4058436

"This TENA stuff may have been started when
the Seattle PI used the name TENA on their
map. A lot of people saw that and used TENA
thereafter."

The map shows "Tena Bar" in the wrong place, east of Vancouver

Some say there is actually a Tena Bar at this location, east of Vancouver.

Seattle PI map attached

smokin99

Also finding some Tenas on 1930 census in Vancouver, Clark County, WA. One with given name of head of household that looks like "Tell".
33 yo - birthplace Switzerland, wife, 25 named Frances, 2 daughters, 7 and 8: Maybelle, and Yvonne.

Still looking, but "Tena" is looking like the correct spelling and origin.

smokin99

Also finding some Tenas on 1930 census in Vancouver, Clark County, WA. One with given name of head of household that looks like "Tell".
33 yo - birthplace Switzerland, wife, 25 named Frances, 2 daughters, 7 and 8: Maybelle, and Yvonne.

And from here...http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/22663007/

It's 1928, the Chehalis Bee-Nuggett reports this.... It's OCR text, so not sure about the numbers involved....

"Buys 580 Acre Dairy Ranch.
Sale of a 58O-acre dairy ranch on the Columbia near Vancouver is reported at a price of ?50,000. The purchaser is a man named Tell Tena and he has placed his herd of 85 dairy cattle on the place and will probably add others."

mrshutter45

that could be the start of the misdirection??? why would they put a sign on the property incorrect?

G says: I will post it again. Here is what the property looked
like when Del Tina transferred ownership to Rich. Fazio Sr. about

Thomas is incorrect. The property is not named after Del Tina's
daughter, whose name was Evangeline Tina ... not Tina Tina!
Or Tena or Dena or Sacagawea either. :D

testxyz

According to Georger on Feb. 11, 2011...Post # 22130

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4058497;search_string=tina%20tena;guest=114435818#4058436

"This TENA stuff may have been started when
the Seattle PI used the name TENA on their
map. A lot of people saw that and used TENA
thereafter."

The map shows "Tena Bar" in the wrong place, east of Vancouver

Some say there is actually a Tena Bar at this location, east of Vancouver.

Seattle PI map attached

Good find. I hope I wont get any more heat from the experts
about Tina vs Tena!

smokin99

It's 1928, the Chehalis Bee-Nuggett reports this.... It's OCR text, so not sure about the numbers involved....

Sale of a 58O-acre dairy ranch on the Columbia near Vancouver is reported at a price of ?50,000. The purchaser is a man named Tell Tena and he has placed his herd of 85 dairy cattle on the place and will probably add others."

Maybe a drug company will name it CooperMax ?

georger

You may be correct Georger. If they buy the land, I'm sure they can name it whatever they please. :)
However, for the question that Testxyz put forth, I merely present that I have census records which list Tell TENA, immigration records, draft records, and death records that record the name as Tell "TENA".
In addition, I have two magazine articles - one from 1928 when Tell "TENA" bought the land/dairy farm, and one from 1948 when a plane crashed onto Tell "TENA"'s farm about 1/4 mile north of Lower River Road, about 9 miles west of Vancouver.

Just saying...at some point, though it "appears" that the name TENA changed to Tina - and it appears that the "TENA" spelling was still in evidence in the 1980 article about the money find that I linked in previous post.

Just seems that the totality of it all suggests that "TENA" is the correct spelling based on this origin and these sources.
It's either that or none of these other pre-Cooper sources got the name right either. :)

smokin99

You may be correct Georger. If they buy the land, I'm sure they can name it whatever they please. :)
However, for the question that Testxyz put forth, I merely present that I have census records which list Tell TENA, immigration records, draft records, and death records that record the name as Tell "TENA".
In addition, I have two magazine articles - one from 1928 when Tell "TENA" bought the land/dairy farm, and one from 1948 when a plane crashed onto Tell "TENA"'s farm about 1/4 mile north of Lower River Road, about 9 miles west of Vancouver.

Just saying...at some point, though it "appears" that the name TENA changed to Tina - and it appears that the "TENA" spelling was still in evidence in the 1980 article about the money find that I linked in previous post.

Just seems that the totality of it all suggests that "TENA" is the correct spelling based on this origin and these sources.
It's either that or none of these other pre-Cooper sources got the name right either. :)
Tell Tena. May have been Americanised to 'Del Tina'.

Just a guess.

I dont think 'Tell Tena' is Irish? Sounds Swiss?

You come up wth the best finds!

Great Finds Smoke!

Seems like I saw the name Tell or Teil somewhere on a DZ search before.

I think the correct history should be known. Having said that.

******** The chances of the money planted ***********

Local and non local people would think it was spelled Tina if the name
was only heard. It was a popular fishing spot.

I don't know if there was a sign at Tena/Tina bar before the money was found in 1980.

If there was a sign out front that read "Tena Bar" I would think there
was much less a chance the money was planted.

If there wasn't a sign out front then there is an increased chance
the money was planted by somebody local to the area. Who only
heard the name.

If there was a sign out front that read "Tina Bar" then I think the money
could have been planted by somebody less familiar with the area.

It prpbably got Amercanized, but does not appear that "he" Americanized it since his death records from 1983 also use "TENA" as does the death records of his wife, daughter May.

You are correct about Swiss - the census and immigration records list that he immigrated from Switzerland in 1915 - to Golden, Jefferson Co, Colorado. Ironically, he was drafted in 1918 and served in World War I. :)
My humble opinion, based on all the resources that I've mentioned is that someone - maybe the Fazios or otherwise (journalist) misspelled the name at some point and from there the Tina M. connection mad it stick and made the mystery deepen.
OR should I say..made a mystery where there might not have been a mystery in the first place. :)
But I could be wrong..just my take on it.

the Tena/Tina thing has been going on for years. I don't know when the actual name came into play. perhaps Amazon has answers? B|

I have always known it as Tena Bar just down stream from Frenchmans.

I have been around that area for a good part of my life. I know others who use Tina... but I do remember signs denoting Tena Bar back in the 1970's when I fist fished in the area.

Amazon

I have always known it as Tena Bar just down stream from Frenchmans.

I have been around that area for a good part of my life. I know others who use Tina... but I do remember signs denoting Tena Bar back in the 1970's when I fist fished in the area.

Here's an interesting recent article about access to the beach at Tena in case it hasn't been posted yet - mentions water levels briefly.
http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jun/20/access-dwindles-for-anglers/

The article also mentions that membership only access started about 1980 - so maybe that is when the "Members only - Tina Bar" sign went up??