47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

****** News is that TIGHAR is excited about a sonar image that " might" be Amelia Earhart's plane. It will be sad if it turns out she was actually on an island and died while trying to send out radio signals that were missed or disregarded as pranks.

This is just part of TIGHAR's annual fund raising campaign. There is no believable evidence that Amelia was headed anywhere but Howland Island. During her last radio transmissions, she was close to Howland and trying to find it, while saying she was low on fuel. The flight down to the TIGHAR site would have taken another three hours and she simply didn't have fuel to get there. Not to mention that there are a number of other islands closer to Howland than Gardner.

A few years ago, TIGHAR was claiming to have found a heel from Amelia's shoe. More recently, they claimed to have found a "freckle cream" jar similar to ones Amelia reportedly used. Last year, it was a "wheel" sticking up out of the water and now it is a blip on a sonar map. Next year? Who knows?

Robert99

TIGHAR does enjoy their little trips to Nikumaroro Island, don't they? It's hard to tell sometimes if they are sincere, or if they are just using Amelia Earhart as a source of income. You want to believe them, but....

There are also a ton of books out there on Earhart's flight, her life, etc. This one is probably the most comprehensive, and the best-researched on the flight itself. You would like it, Robert99. The guy who wrote it is definitely a no-BS type of person. Warning: This book is not 'light reading' by any means. I actually reviewed this book at Amazon, one of my few outside reviews. I gave it five stars.

Earhart's Flight Into Yesterday - The Facts Without the Fiction by Captain Laurance Safford.

This is one high-quality work, which I am still re-reading piece by piece. TIGHAR? Jury is still out on them and right now it's a HUNG jury. ;)

I have Safford's book and certainly agree with his conclusion that the flight was "poorly planned, poorly executed". I disagree with him on his predicted splash point.

There have been a number of books in the past few years on Earhart and written by women pilots. These authors have been very candid and not always kind to Earhart.

Anyone interested in Earhart, her radio problems, and the search for her, should Goggle "Doug Westfall, Paragon Books". Doug has a number of books on Earhart and people that were associated with the Howland flight. Plus he has what appears to be all of the official logs and records prepared by the people who were at Howland plus those that were involved in the ship search.

Robert99

***Life is not so easy anymore maybe it is just the medication messing with my co-ordination. The last few wks, I feel so clumsy. I drop everything I pick-up and my hand writing has gotten terrible in just a few short weeks.

Lots of confusion about simple things I have done very day for most of my life. Nothing seems to work right and now my legs are swelling. I am on a really heavy dose of prednisone, but I have had that before and I do not remember being like this.

I knew I had been slowing down since the surgeries and thought I would get my strength back - but I just keep going down. Let me tell you guys - the GOLDEN yrs are NOT what they are cracked up to be!

As Bettey Davis once said, "Getting old ain't for sissies."

The four red "X" marks west and southwest of Portland on the FBI charts give support for the airliner's flight path bypassing Portland on the west side.

The two eastern red marks are in direct alignment with the Malay Intersection and the Canby Intersection. The two western red marks are in direct alignment with the Malay Intersection and a point one or two nautical miles south of the Canby Intersection.

Using a great circle computer program, the True Course between the Malay Intersection and the Canby Intersection is 180.14 degrees and the distance is 66.74 Nautical Miles. Measurements on the charts support these numbers.

In addition, the True Course line between these two intersections passes less than 1000 feet west of the point where the money was found at Tina Bar. That corresponds roughly with the west bank of the Columbia River across from Tina Bar.

For the apparently two aircraft that were tracked to give those four points, one could be the airliner and the other a chase aircraft. The chase aircraft at this point was the T-33 from Portland International Airport that was west of the Portland area when asked to join the chase. The time for the marks data to be generated was apparently in the 8:15 to 8:30 PM period.

The T-33 pilot mentioned Lake Oswego, which is on the southwest side of the Portland area, and is so quoted on page 46 of Himmelsbach's book.

In addition, Himmelsbach himself boarded a Oregon National Guard helicopter at Portland International Airport and also flew to the southwest side of the Portland area. He even mentions, on page 42 of his book, that they flew over his home in West Linn in southwest Portland.

From the above, it is obvious that on the night of the hijacking the chase aircraft and helicopter were solely interested in an airliner that was bypassing Portland on the west side.

"Faith based" flight paths don't work here. So anyone claiming that the airliner stayed on V-23 while in the Portland area needs to start giving valid reasons for their claims.

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in these matters, but I have one very good suggestion before we declare Robert99's assessment as truth:

Ask the best living witness.

And that would be Bill Rataczak. One of the two pilots on board 305 that evening. Rataczak has not forgotten Cooper, either. He has done extensive research of his own, although he does not go on forums about it. His phone number and address are completely public, although his phone is set NOT to take anonymous calls, like many people these days. And he may screen your phone message anyway before he returns your call. It's like that when you have been a major character in Cooperland.

I think Robert99 should talk to him.

This is the information:

Bill Rataczak
7522 Pleason Ave NW
South Haven, MN 55382-3810
(320) 236-7982

Blevins, Rataczak has publicly stated in the last few months that he is the only one who knows which side of Portland the airliner was on when it went by. Do you think he is saying that it was straight down the centerline of V-23?

There is additional evidence that Portland was bypassed on the west side.

Robert99

you have to understand that Rataczak has spoken many times about the path, we know this. did you know his wife was very ill? he should not be bothered at this moment.

Rataczak has claimed Cooper jumped 10-15 minutes after the last communication with Cooper, get your FBI map out and look where....let's say 18 minutes past 8:05 puts the plane?

it would be nice to speak with him, but I don't think much more information will surface, or they would of already had the spot. the very spot you keep claiming Rataczak knows? if it was this easy, why did they put the jump area at 8:12, they did speak to the pilots ya know? that's only 7 minutes from the 8:05 position.

so before you go asking for an "assessment of truth" perhaps you should allow someone to speak before you slam the door on them! or explore the fact of it being possible?

would you like it if I posted the address of the Seattle FBI office every time you bring up KC? asking you to check with them before posting any type of truth?

try going over things before you automatically deny any value or truth!!
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

I'm not assuming anything. But since you didn't say which side of Portland, east or west, Rataczak claimed 305 went, then what is it? If you have a verifiable quote from him on that, fine. If you don't, I say you should ask him.

This is a no-brainer. You could do a letter. You could call him.

I respect your skills in this matter, but I would also like to hear from the co-pilot as well. On something like this, I am sure he would know the answer.

Try his speech at the recent NWA get together or some interview about the same time. I did print out that thing and it may have even appeared on the thread, but I am not going to bother looking for it.

You might also talk to Bruce Smith who said in a recent post here that Captain Scott claimed the airliner overflew Woodland which is very close to being on the direct line between the Malay and Canby Intersections.

It is highly unlikely that the airliner would fly over Portland in view of the crew's suggestion that they get above the overcast and then fly over the Pacific until Cooper jumped, after being informed by the FAA Chief Psychologist that Cooper would probably blow up the airplane when he jumped.

Staying on the centerline of V-23 from Malay to Canby Intersections would only add a couple of miles to the distance to be travelled and, in view of the absence of accurate times, the calculations are to close to make a confident call.

Bypassing Portland on the EAST side would add about 10 to 15 Nautical Miles (about 3 to 5 minutes flying time) to the flight track and that would definitely show up in the calculations.

Finally, Rataczak's statement a few months ago suggests that the "popular" flight track is not the correct one. So that leaves the airliner bypassing Portland on the west side.

Robert99

the FBI map appears to show the plane getting back onto V-23 at the Canby intersection? and fly's over Lake Oswego. if I'm correct.....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Red Crosses on the FBI Map. What are you guys talking about?

I am still not feeling well, so this will be short - no up-date on my chonological dialog of my life with Weber tonight.

I was reading the newspaper this morning and there was a special article on something UNRELATED to Cooper. I spent today composing a short letter to a young man I met many yrs ago on the public transport in Altanta. Has nothing to do with Cooper other than I hope it will prove to those who doubt me that I have a remarkable memory. That I am not crazy or delusional.

I often thought about this young man I had a conversation with and do not know if he will remember me. But if he does! The sky is the limit. He DID become very successful and I would thrill me to no end if our brief encounter was what spurred him to never give up. He would have succeeded in his indevour regardless.

My gut tells me the young man I spoke to is the same young man I read about this morning. Remind me to let you guys know if the young man (who is now in his early 40's) contacts me and remembers me.

If he does - then there is NO way you guys can continue to diss my memory.
My conversation with this young man I have never forgotten, but will he remember me? When we departed the rails - I told him he had a great future for him and to never give up.

Good Night!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

Red Crosses on the FBI Map. What are you guys talking about?

I am still not feeling well, so this will be short - no up-date on my chonological dialog of my life with Weber tonight.

I was reading the newspaper this morning and there was a special article on something UNRELATED to Cooper. I spent today composing a short letter to a young man I met many yrs ago on the public transport in Altanta. Has nothing to do with Cooper other than I hope it will prove to those who doubt me that I have a remarkable memory. That I am not crazy or delusional.

I often thought about this young man I had a conversation with and do not know if he will remember me. But if he does! The sky is the limit. He DID become very successful and I would thrill me to no end if our brief encounter was what spurred him to never give up. He would have succeeded in his indevour regardless.

My gut tells me the young man I spoke to is the same young man I read about this morning. Remind me to let you guys know if the young man (who is now in his early 40's) contacts me and remembers me.

If he does - then there is NO way you guys can continue to diss my memory.
My conversation with this young man I have never forgotten, but will he remember me? When we departed the rails - I told him he had a great future for him and to never give up.

Good Night!

Was his name Brad Pitt?

Bypassing Portland on the EAST side would add about 10 to 15 Nautical Miles (about 3 to 5 minutes flying time) to the flight track and that would definitely show up in the calculations.

Finally, Rataczak's statement a few months ago suggests that the "popular" flight track is not the correct one. So that leaves the airliner bypassing Portland on the west side.

Robert99

The plane passed Portland on the East side of the flight path! This per statements made to me by Rataczak. As he could see the haze or whatever you guys want to call it of Vancouver...out his right window. My conversation took place with the co-pilot many many yrs ago. My memory of conversations - you guy will soon I hope find are very good.

Remember he was allowed to make decision as long as he stayed within the Vector. They did NOT know positively if Cooper was still there or not.

Robert99

The four red "X" marks west and southwest of Portland on the FBI charts give support for the airliner's flight path bypassing Portland on the west side.

The two eastern red marks are in direct alignment with the Malay Intersection and the Canby Intersection. The two western red marks are in direct alignment with the Malay Intersection and a point one or two nautical miles south of the Canby Intersection.

Using a great circle computer program, the True Course between the Malay Intersection and the Canby Intersection is 180.14 degrees and the distance is 66.74 Nautical Miles. Measurements on the charts support these numbers.

In addition, the True Course line between these two intersections passes less than 1000 feet west of the point where the money was found at Tina Bar. That corresponds roughly with the west bank of the Columbia River across from Tina Bar.

For the apparently two aircraft that were tracked to give those four points, one could be the airliner and the other a chase aircraft. The chase aircraft at this point was the T-33 from Portland International Airport that was west of the Portland area when asked to join the chase. The time for the marks data to be generated was apparently in the 8:15 to 8:30 PM period.

The T-33 pilot mentioned Lake Oswego, which is on the southwest side of the Portland area, and is so quoted on page 46 of Himmelsbach's book.

In addition, Himmelsbach himself boarded a Oregon National Guard helicopter at Portland International Airport and also flew to the southwest side of the Portland area. He even mentions, on page 42 of his book, that they flew over his home in West Linn in southwest Portland.

From the above, it is obvious that on the night of the hijacking the chase aircraft and helicopter were solely interested in an airliner that was bypassing Portland on the west side.

"Faith based" flight paths don't work here. So anyone claiming that the airliner stayed on V-23 while in the Portland area needs to start giving valid reasons for their claims.

Robert99

I'm simply amazed how someone can take the above quote and not only suggest a "new flight path" is being generated, but individuals are dodging questions?

the last time I checked, I was retracing the FBI flight path in the way they are showing it. now I am dodging questions that were answered before his last comment?

If someone was to ask me, I would say Robert99 is questioning the path, not rewriting it. but I don't think we are allowed to do this either without checking with...

Bill Rataczak
7522 Pleason Ave NW
(320) 236-7982

skyjack71

Robert99

The plane passed Portland on the East side of the flight path! This per statements made to me by Rataczak. As he could see the haze or whatever you guys want to call it of Vancouver...out his right window. My conversation took place with the co-pilot many many yrs ago. My memory of conversations - you guy will soon I hope find are very good.

Remember he was allowed to make decision as long as he stayed within the Vector. They did NOT know positively if Cooper was still there or not.

Jo, where was Bill stating the location of the plane was when he made this statement? if he could still see Vancouver, he was not close enough to Portland to say he flew east of Portland. there is one good position just after Battleground where he could see Vancouver and Portland out the right side of the aircraft.......

Blevins wrote:

TIGHAR does enjoy their little trips to Nikumaroro Island, don't they? It's hard to tell sometimes if they are sincere, or if they are just using Amelia Earhart as a source of income. You want to believe them, but....

Isn't it ironic a statement like this would come out of the mouth of Robert Blevins? I've wondered the same thing myself when thinking about Blevin's book, Blast, and the real reason Blevins is here in the first place -- to push sales of said book and to gain financially from his presence on this thread -- which, to me, is an impeachable offense. He needs to be permanently banned for such actions. There must be something to what I'm saying -- have you noticed, Blevins doesn't respond to any of my posts anymore? Normally, his big ego wouldn't allow it, but now I think he's really scared. When you've done nothing wrong, the truth can't hurt you.

MeyerLouie

Hey Blevins, just because someone's phone number is in the phone book does not mean they want it plastered all over an international forum for the whole world to see. Did you bother asking Mr. Rataczak's permission to do this -- if for no other reason, as a common and professional courtesy? Knowing how you operate, I'll bet the answer is 'no.' How would you like it if someone posted your street address on a forum that is viewed by people from all over the world -- especially if you didn't bother showing some basic courtesy?

MeyerLouie

Bill Rataczak
7522 Pleason Ave NW
(320) 236-7982

This is no big deal. He's in the book, guys. And before you start rewriting history and changing the flight path, maybe you should (you think?) check with one of the pilots on that flight.

MeyerLouie

Hey Blevins, just because someone's phone number is in the phone book does not mean they want it plastered all over an international forum for the whole world to see. Did you bother asking Mr. Rataczak's permission to do this -- if for no other reason, as a common and professional courtesy? Knowing how you operate, I'll bet the answer is 'no.' How would you like it if someone posted your street address on a forum that is viewed by people from all over the world -- especially if you didn't bother showing some basic courtesy?

MeyerLouie

Bill Rataczak
7522 Pleason Ave NW
(320) 236-7982

This is no big deal. He's in the book, guys. And before you start rewriting history and changing the flight path, maybe you should (you think?) check with one of the pilots on that flight.

if you take note, it appears Robert99 was questioning parts of the flight path, Blevins gets all fired up and tells both of us that we need to contact Rataczak. so, I guess we can't post anything about the flight path without contacting....

Bill Rataczak
7522 Pleason Ave NW
(320) 236-7982

RobertMBlevins

***you have to understand that Rataczak has spoken many times about the path, we know this. did you know his wife was very ill? he should not be bothered at this moment.

Rataczak has claimed Cooper jumped 10-15 minutes after the last communication with Cooper, get your FBI map out and look where....let's say 18 minutes past 8:05 puts the plane?

it would be nice to speak with him, but I don't think much more information will surface, or they would of already had the spot. the very spot you keep claiming Rataczak knows? if it was this easy, why did they put the jump area at 8:12, they did speak to the pilots ya know? that's only 7 minutes from the 8:05 position.

so before you go asking for an "assessment of truth" perhaps you should allow someone to speak before you slam the door on them! or explore the fact of it being possible?

would you like it if I posted the address of the Seattle FBI office every time you bring up KC? asking you to check with them before posting any type of truth?

I know Rataczak's wife is ill. I know also he was hit by a truck while riding his bicycle. He still goes to NWA events, he still answers sensible calls about the hijacking. His contact info is in the White Pages.

I'm saying his opinion on this 'east or west of Portland' question is important, since unlike either you, me, or Robert99, he was actually behind the controls that night.

So ask him. Otherwise, you have only Robert99's opinion on this. As I said earlier, this is a no-brainer. Both of you are dodging here. Rataczak CAN be approached for questions, just not from folks like BK, for example. I think Robert99 is a good example of someone who Rataczak would speak with regarding this question.

(DELETED PORTION)

And I have swampland in Florida where you could build an entire community of retirement homes for blind Blevinites. That dog and pony show is rival to any Shakespearian Farce. Not true. You all bought a can of worms. TWO different stories have been told. I'll buy the one given to Ralph and me, supported by 'Janet' and McCoy, not Bleep and Jo. And that's the TROOT! Misdirection in the purest form, guys.

The flight was 20 miles WEST of the reported path per the man hisself. Verified by Janet's report and confirmed to me by Richard McCoy. If this isn't proof of the Blevins frontman activities, nothing is. Write a paperback of deception and talk it up, one thing after another. Nice try, but you have overdone your role Bleep. Your skivies is showin'. Jig's up. You been identified. You get a tatoo on the forehead. Did you shoot Cossey????

Shutter said:

Jo, where was Bill stating the location of the plane was when he made this statement? if he could still see Vancouver, he was not close enough to Portland to say he flew east of Portland. There is one good position just after Battleground where he could see Vancouver and Portland out the right side of the aircraft

Jo States:
I was on the phone with him - I am not a pilot. All I can do is tell you what my notes say and what my memory contains. He and I spoke about this on 2 very specific times.
Not just one time. But 2 times regarding the fight - in 10 yrs. My having NO KNOWLEDGE of the fight path or planes and what you can see or not see of course made the conversation elementary.

If you say there is ONE good position just after Battleground where he could see Vancouver & Portland and pilots validate this I see no problem with it.
Perhaps this is when the changes are made for the rest of the trip. They had felt a bump or something - and figured Cooper was gone and if he wasn't gone they wanted him gone. So take him a direction where he will go ahead and jump. Cooper sure was NOT going to jump over Portland - you can bet on that.

I think Cooper wanted to land near Green Mountain AIR-PARK on the EAST end of 500. I was recently told it is not there anymore, but :)it is ON my old maps for 1979. There was a signal Tower you could see from the highway (so that tower from 500 looking south to the Green Mt. was just East and So.of the back side of that airstrip) A fenced jumping strip was on the North side of 500 WEST of that Airstrip.:)
If the plane was West as you guys stated he still knew the way by Power Lines and Pipe Lines and other towers. I really believe there was someone on the ground and Duane mentioned a car being left at the Jumpstrip just off of I-500 on the Northside of the highway between Orchards and Sifton

He did NOT mention the SKYJACKING only speaking of things and people he used to know. I had NO idea he was laying out what might have been plans for a skyjacking and the back-up plans.

It seemed important for him to point out the Towers with Lights and COMMUNICATIONS Towers. I do not think there was one in place that he did not point out or mention. Same with AIRSTRIPS and Cemetaries and Gravel Pits.
He also pointed out rails and sawmills and he did take me to Tena's Bar...and just West of there.

So HOW did WEBER know all of this CRAP if he had never lived there and worked there. IMPOSSIBLE! IMPOSSIBLE! Plus he DID NOT look at a map the entire trip!

He also mention BARS - like Dollars Corner, A bar near the Scholls Airport in the Orchard area.

I just caught something from this OLD map I had NOT actually seen before. AIRPARK not Airport....duh - the map is old and the print is wearing away, but it clearly says Airpark and not airport.

So in the Fourth Plaines in 1971 you had a jump strip, Scholls Airport, Green Mt Airpark (with communications tower behind it at Green Mt). Crisscrossing high wire power lines at this point.

The High Line Power lights in 1971 extended and then went N/W between Sifton and Orhards. These power lines then go West toward Vancover and turn West on the Eastside of Vancouver west and north of Fort Vancouver Nat Hist site. Note in 1971 there was an airstrip called Pearson Airport in Vanvouver near Ryan Point and near the bridge from Vancouver to Portland. This strip would be West of the PDX across the Columbia.

The area Duane took me to the river was located just East of Ryan Point and Russells Landing East of there. Both were accessible from Hwy 14. Russell Landing is located onland at the very Western tip of what is the beginning of Sand island and Government Island.

The Pearson Airport and Ryan's Landing are VERY close to where he took me to the Columbia and went down to the WATER and told me to stay in the car. Two sets of rail ran thru there. We were in an area just East of there, but now there are other things there. We were east of where Winterly Park is now located.

The next location is not too far from the bridge where there was an industrial site and the next place was East of the bridge at Tena's Bar and the last place was on our way back out at the Red Lion at the base of the bridge,

None of this has anything to do with what is going on....just something that popped up when I was attempting to answer the question asked by Mrsshutter.

BobKnoss

******you have to understand that Rataczak has spoken many times about the path, we know this. did you know his wife was very ill? he should not be bothered at this moment.

I know Rataczak's wife is ill. I know also he was hit by a truck while riding his bicycle. He still goes to NWA events, he still answers sensible calls about the hijacking. His contact info is in the White Pages.

I'm saying his opinion on this 'east or west of Portland' question is important, since unlike either you, me, or Robert99, he was actually behind the controls that night.

So ask him. Otherwise, you have only Robert99's opinion on this. As I said earlier, this is a no-brainer. Both of you are dodging here. Rataczak CAN be approached for questions, just not from folks like BK, for example. I think Robert99 is a good example of someone who Rataczak would speak with regarding this question.

(DELETED PORTION)

And I have swampland in Florida where you could build an entire community of retirement homes for blind Blevinites. That dog and pony show is rival to any Shakespearian Farce. Not true. You all bought a can of worms. TWO different stories have been told. I'll buy the one given to Ralph and me, supported by 'Janet' and McCoy, not Bleep and Jo. And that's the TROOT! Misdirection in the purest form, guys.

The flight was 20 miles WEST of the reported path per the man hisself. Verified by Janet's report and confirmed to me by Richard McCoy. If this isn't proof of the Blevins frontman activities, nothing is. Write a paperback of deception and talk it up, one thing after another. Nice try, but you have overdone your role Bleep. Your skivies is showin'. Jig's up. You been identified. You get a tatoo on the forehead. Did you shoot Cossey????

"The flight was 20 miles WEST of the reported path"

You don't say......it's been 10-15 from you for years, now it's 20.....here is a real map showing your path. this puts the plane almost 10 mile west of the Columbia.

"Did you shoot Cossey???? "

are you actually accusing someone of Murder? you need to be removed. this will be reported. I hope others will do the same.

RobertMBlevins

******you have to understand that Rataczak has spoken many times about the path, we know this. did you know his wife was very ill? he should not be bothered at this moment.

Bill Rataczak
7522 Pleason Ave NW
(320) 236-7982

Arguing and whining are useless. Go to the source. Ask the co-pilot. I don't necessarily doubt the research, but fair is fair and before you start making assumptions 40+ years after the actual flight, you need to speak to the best witness first.

I think this is quite fair, since HE was there, and you were NOT. His opinion is deserved. Present your research, but present the original viewpoint as well. Otherwise all your work is subjective, and if the opposing viewpoint (Rataczak) ends up being different from yours, then maybe you will have something to compare your research with.

Phone...polite letter maybe... The address is above.

I think Mr. Rartaczak has made his position clear about this over the years. He's done many talks on it, in person, electronically, it's no mystery.

But since we're talking flight path of 305....how reasonable is it to assume a flight crew would agree to fly an aircraft over a major metropolitan area, like Vancouver/Portland, or close to it for that matter, if someone is on board threatening to blow it up with a bomb? Remote to impossible. I would think the first reaction would be to either get out to sea, so as to minimize casualties and property damage, or into the forest -- for the same reason. So, that puts 305 west or east of Vancouver/Portland proper. Which is it? That seems to be the big question.

V-23's path seems to go over the east side of Portland, like around Gresham, if I read the map of the flight path correctly. How likely is it that this part of the V-23 flight path was followed? Would Rataczak fly that close to Portland proper? I say only if he had to -- and the only reason for that would be to land the aircraft at PDX. I'm sure Mr. Rataczak's top priority was to minimize the risk of loss of life.

MeyerLouie

"But since we're talking flight path of 305....how reasonable is it to assume a flight crew would agree to fly an aircraft over a major metropolitan area, like Vancouver/Portland"

very good question, one of the reason you wonder about the flight path. I believe the pilots agreed to "go around Portland" for safety. he wouldn't be in the right pattern if he had to land at PDX. altitude and location problems. (approach) would be wrong. from the 20:17 location down to 20:20 has a lot of water around this area that leads into the Columbia. just something to role around in your head.

according to what I see on the map, the plane does fly over close to the "City of Portland" largest populated area is east of the path.

I don't know?????

RobertMBlevins

I hear many of you saying that Rataczak has made his position on the flight plan clear over the years. But none of you have actually SAID what that position is. Since I have not seen or heard anything from Rataczak on this...then I have to assume he said they went over the east side of Portland, maybe somewhere near the I-405 bridge.

All I suggested was asking him again before you start moving the flight based on your research. Put him on the record. This should be done, I think, by either Robert99 (because he's a pilot and would know the best questions to ask) or Shutter, (because he's also been working with the sim program). Maybe a letter from both of you that includes a contact phone number.

Rataczak will answer questions, but he definitely screens the calls. You can understand why. :)
I don't want to be morbid about it, but I would ask him before he becomes physically incapable of doing so. He is getting along in years.

On Bob Knoss' comments: I don't worry about them. He's at the bottom of the food chain in Cooperland. His history of trashing any forum or article about Cooper is well-known. Over at Facebook, they restricted membership on one page because of him. Then they finally got rid of the page. He arrives, he trashes, he moves on. It's an old story. I have a large file on him with many of his claims and comments that he has done on DZ and other places. It's research for the Cooperland book. Libel only applies if you get too personal or lie about someone. Neither will be done when the chapter on him is written...the truth is good enough. The chapter on Knoss is titled The Lazarus Effect, which I think is appropriate. ;)

Robert, first of all who is claiming anyone is moving the flight path? where are you reading into this so deep that you believe this? Robert99 is suggesting some valid points in reference to the FBI path might be incorrect.

you are now "assuming" the plane flew over I-405. should I now tell you that we have no "assessment of truth" in your statement and you need to contact Bill before making such a statement?

some people on here are basing information with experience, not assumptions! it appears to me that Robert99 has done a lot of research into this, and has valid points that need further research. this information is new, so, steps will be taken looking further into this comment. how do you know one of
us hasn't talked with Bill, you think I'm flying off the seat of my pants knowing nothing? if you followed
my trail I have mentioned several times that I have inside information as to how the plane was flown!

FINAL TIME STATING THIS.......

I am retracing the FBI flight path, I take off from SEA and fly to Toledo just like they did, turn eastward to Merwin lake area, just as they did. following the path, speed, altitude, time and weather condition just as they did. if thie time frames add up, I can say, hey. the path seems to be correct. if not, this can be a good start in finding any answers in the future. nobody is trying to discredit the 40+ year old map made by a bunch of smart guys.

stick with your KC theory and try to stay out of this.....Thank You.