47 47
quade

DB Cooper

mrshutter45

Jo, you do know what my name is right?

I know and that is what made the music start tonight _ so very very strange! That is when the music started in my head...when they told me that. The strange co-incidence of that - made tonight overwhelming.
The sister was visiting the other sister and she wanted to talk to me and she told me the story about the Dollars corner and the name of the man.

I have only spoke with that sister 2 times in all of these yrs. They do not live together and she had to get on the phone to talk to me and that was what she wanted to tell me. She had even been in touch with the man who used to introduce the singers at the Dollar Corner.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"The night clerks response to the prison photo of 1966!
May 31, 2013

Hello Jo - By sending me those photos , you have reconnected me to my memory of the person that I met so many years ago at the Rodeway Inn on airport way PDX . I truly believe now that the authorities involved in this 'missing person ' case must be covering up a more important incident of national security or corruption by not wanting to acknowledge all the facts presented to them over the years. I am able to testify under oath my firm belief and resolve that "John Collins"-, "D B Cooper"-, and Duane Weber are all one and the same person. " John Collins " signed the guest register I personally handed him at the front check in desk! The FBI and other authorities questioned me for at least 45 min showing me descriptions of "DB" taken by witnesses. You have shown me many photos of Duane Weber as your husband . In all of that and more, the overriding fact is that absolutely no trace whatsoever of "DB" other than some money has ever been found !! I have given my sworn /notarized statement to the Portland FBI office and been told simply 'thank you'. I do not understand the incompetance of our supposed # 1 police agency in regards to this case. To this date , I also have not been contacted by any of the so-called self proclaimed money/fame seeking experts on Cooper . I believe the real truth needs to be told to the public about this case and the sooner the better. The legend will live on for eternity,but the truth dies with the people involved.

Jo , you may tell everyone / anyone what I have said here that has an invested interest in the real story of the infamous D B Cooper , hijacker. Do it while your still able !!"

Finally a glimpse of truth comes shining through the smoke and mirrors. Strike up the band. Here is an innocent bystander, like 'Janet', who stands up and tells it like it really is. Just like what I am doing. Put that in you pipe and smoke it you incompetent cover-up screw-ups! Eventually your house of cards will become 52 pick-up. OOPs! You are playing with a loaded deck, so..... 62 pick-up. McCoy says, "Bite me, I'm an infamous movie star!"'.

Bob, rest assure that no truth will ever be told by you! stop feeding off of people.

we already went thru your little theory about "Janet" you know the one from Vancouver that you claimed lived in Portland. remember you made another mistake by claiming he landed on the west side of the Columbia above Tena Bar.

This photo of Mac was taken in 1968, I know this for a FACT, because "I said so" anyone who wants a signed CERTIFIED copy, just PM me. B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

TWO PLACE AT ONCE!

it says May 1959 on both release forms, perhaps 377 knows the meaning of this???

I have the San Quentin files but NO pictures nor the details provided by Mrshutter, but there is a detail with the item referred to as release date.

EVERYONE here knows where Weber was in 1957 - WHERE WAS He? Well, someone found the news ARTICLE FROM A ST PETE NEW PAPER - WEBER HAD BEEN ARRESTED THERE FOR A CRIME! HIS PICTURE WAS IN THE ARTICLE. JULY 29, 1957.

He definitely WAS NOT in San Quentin in 1959. Hope you guys understand this IMPLICATION. It is unknown where Weber was in 1958 and 1959.

I nor others found any record for those 2 yr. He does not appear on the calendar of the records I have until Canon City Colorado in 1960.

:o:|[:/]
Where was Weber detained or was he set free or did he escape after the arrest in St. Pete on July, 26 1957 and until 1960 when he was arrested in Colorado?

Weber's background is so massive, I don't know if any of us (not even the FBI) can unravel the Past of Duane L. Weber.

This is the same with his escape from the Columbia Honor Camp and we have NO idea were he was then.

So part of 1957, 1958 and then 1959 - unaccounted for. We know he ends up in Canon in 1960.

Still 1962 until 1966 unaccounted for.

The records for the 40's are reading the same way. Release dates and probabtion dates....being on probation is of course not a release date...the release date is what is recorded. When I see some of that stuff Mr Shutter has - released then I can try to question those. Sometimes as above a release date didn't mean diddly crap back then - probation was not monitored (if they got arrested again was the only time they got the attention of the authorities). Perhaps back then they didn't have to check in with their probation officer! Who knows?

For a fact I know in 1962 he started to use the name John Dusty Collins and was eventually arrested with that name in 1966.

I was able to track him around the country with the "wife" of the times
I do not know if there was a marriage certificate, but they did have to legally divorce, before he married the last one. My understanding on Georgia law when the divorce occurred that she had been declared "common law wife" per a Georgia ruling.

The next marriage 1972 to 1976 was an On again and Off again thing. He did not live with her but for short periods of time - on again and off again. This woman HATES Weber with a passion - I expect she is deceased now. She sued him 4 yrs later and got his renewals of over 12K the had built up with the company. She could only get about 9K and that was in 1983 if I remember correctly.

Duane's friend - who was his friend from 1973 until his death and one who keeps in touch with me knew nothing of Weber's criminal background....other than Duane talking one night after a"few" drink to many that he had been in some trouble in the past. The friend said he never discussed it and that Duane TAUGHT him how to sell insurance. They worked together and were best buddys for yrs! This person - just could NOT believe all of the stuff I had about Weber and now there is more! WOW!

here is a summary of Weber, this is what California says about him. I also included one of his inmate record cards. I remember reading on here that you stated Duane had two tattoo's. the records show his arms covered with them?

Duane seems to leave a mess where ever he went, I found it extremely difficult to believe he had anything to do with the CIA. he was an average criminal who was caught up in the system for years never learning from his mistakes.

these records also confirm the news reports from the Treasure Island arrest, and the escape from Ohio. the FBI see's all of this, it's no wonder they didn't want to look into his past as you did. Duane seems to portray himself a lot as someone else (with good reason) what would you have done if you had found out all of this
back in the late 70's?

Maybe, just maybe Duane was trying to go out with a bang! I don't know. I just don't see any connection to Cooper here Jo. I know this is very hard to accept, but you need to find some hard evidence to open the eye's of the FBI for them to take another look.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Jo, don't read to hard into all of this without consulting someone. it seems by looking at the two release forms, it's possible they are linked. they are running concurrently, it's possible a transfer was involved. I don't know at this point.

a simple answer could be found by the right person about these records. jumping to conclusions will only disrupt what has been found........

This photo of Mac was taken in 1968, I know this for a FACT, because "I said so" anyone who wants a signed CERTIFIED copy, just PM me. B|

Is that really McCoy? I don't remember seeing that pic. He always appears older than he was.

Jeopardy time.
Answer: dichotomy.
Question: Describe Richard F. McCoy in one word

The real McCoy's story is strange enough without the added BK interjections and Rambo pictures. Married, father of two, two Army stints receiving several commendations, National Guard, devout Morman Sunday school teacher, student at BYU studying law enforcement, dreamed of being FBI/CIA........to hijacking a plane, sentenced to 45 yrs prison, escapes, then dies in a shootout. Though naturally......some people claim there's a woman to blame.... :)
From here....
Excerpts from Calame's book at
http://www.ldsfilm.com/movies/DBCooper.html

.....Vietnam as a Green Beret, Richard piloted the army's C-13 combat helicopter over hostile territory on more than twenty-five missions. On 12 August 1967, while participating in a search and rescue operation in the jungles near Ap-binh-Hoa, a light observation helicopter lost power in heavy ground fog and was forced to set down. A second American crew flying an armed OH-23G helicopter was sent in to make the rescue from the air as there wasn't room to land. Richard was piloting a third 'copter, giving backup protection. He could see the battalion sergeant major standing on the bubble of the downed chopper waving his arms as the rescue helicopter descended. Suddenly it too lost power and fell to earth, catching the sergeant major in the rotor blades. Both helicopters burst into names.

It was getting dark, but there was enough light from the flames of both aircraft that Richard could see more than a hundred Viet Cong troops snaking through heavy elephant grass some three hundred yards away. "It had to be done, and it had to be done quick," the commanding officer's report read. Richard forced a landing place next to the downed 'copters, his rotor blades cutting through tree limbs as he made his descent. On the ground, he found only two survivors, both hysterical. There wasn't time to sort through the dead. The three of them scrambled for Richard's C-13 workhorse. Richard could feel his helicopter buck as the rotor blades cut through heavy foliage on their way our. The sky was dark, a somber background for the explosions of enemy ground fire and fuel tanks erupting. On 26 November 1967 he received the Army Commendation Medal for Heroism.

Then, on 29 April 1968 he received the Distinguished Flying Cross for yet another rescue. The citation read:

WARRANT OFFICER MCCOY distinguished himself by exceptionally valorous actions during the early morning hours of 8 November 1967, while serving as a Helicopter Pilot with the Air Cavalry Troop, llth Armored Cavalry Regiment, in the air over a Vietnamese Popular Forces compound at Xa Duy Can, 7 miles northwest of Tanh Linh, Vietnam. Upon hearing that the compound was in the process of being overrun by a large Viet Cong Force, Warrant Officer McCoy volunteered to fly his aircraft to the scene in support of the friendly forces, in spite of poor visibility due to thick ground fog and intermittent cloud layers, and a complete lack of tactical maps for the area. Flying by instrumentation and radio alone. Warrant Officer McCoy located the compound and came under automatic weapons and small arms fire. With the position of the compound marked by a flare and the firefight marked by tracer rounds. Warrant Officer McCoy began a series of firing passes., launching rockets directly into the Viet Cong positions until all his ammunition was expended. Due to his courageous flight and highly accurate fire, the enemy was completely routed, leaving 20 bodies behind. Warrant Officer McCoy's outstanding flying ability and devotion to duty are in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the United States Army.

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Bob YOU DID not make the FOLLOWING POST - JO WEBER MADE THIS POST: Yet you make an addendum to the post that made it appear I said what you did.
This is unacceptable behavior and typical of the way you act. It is how YOU try to confuse issues.

The night clerks response to the prison photo of 1966!
May 31, 2013

"Hello Jo - By sending me those photos , you have reconnected me to my memory of the person that I met so many years ago at the Rodeway Inn on airport way PDX . I truly believe now that the authorities involved in this 'missing person ' case must be covering up a more important incident of national security or corruption by not wanting to acknowledge all the facts presented to them over the years. I am able to testify under oath my firm belief and resolve that "John Collins"-, "D B Cooper"-, and Duane Weber are all one and the same person. " John Collins " signed the guest register I personally handed him at the front check in desk! The FBI and other authorities questioned me for at least 45 min showing me descriptions of "DB" taken by witnesses. You have shown me many photos of Duane Weber as your husband . In all of that and more, the overriding fact is that absolutely no trace whatsoever of "DB" other than some money has ever been found !! I have given my sworn /notarized statement to the Portland FBI office and been told simply 'thank you'. I do not understand the incompetance of our supposed # 1 police agency in regards to this case. To this date , I also have not been contacted by any of the so-called self proclaimed money/fame seeking experts on Cooper . I believe the real truth needs to be told to the public about this case and the sooner the better. The legend will live on for eternity,but the truth dies with the people involved.

Jo , you may tell everyone / anyone what I have said here that has an invested interest in the real story of the infamous D B Cooper , hijacker. Do it while your still able !!"

The garbage you posted is below and it is NOT appreciated that you made it APPEAR I (Jo Weber) was saying this.

Finally a glimpse of truth comes shining through the smoke and mirrors. Strike up the band. Here is an innocent bystander, like 'Janet', who stands up and tells it like it really is. Just like what I am doing. Put that in you pipe and smoke it you incompetent cover-up screw-ups! Eventually your house of cards will become 52 pick-up. OOPs! You are playing with a loaded deck, so..... 62 pick-up. McCoy says, "Bite me, I'm an infamous movie star!"'.

JO now states:
You BK are one SICK puppy!

mrshutter45

Jo, don't read to hard into all of this without consulting someone. it seems by looking at the two release forms, it's possible they are linked. they are running concurrently, it's possible a transfer was involved. I don't know at this point.

a simple answer could be found by the right person about these records. jumping to conclusions will only disrupt what has been found........

That data on SanQuentin/Folsom I have and it has been studied and they did RUN concurrently. This included his escape from the Ohio stent from which he escaped. I did discuss this matter several months ago.

Since his mother was in 1957 on dialysis with the same disease Duane died of - I have no confirmation other than the family that this was a compassionate suspension of the old outstanding warrant. He was released and sent home to MOM. I have a letter from the brother describing and incident that happened in his mother's home after Duane was release. The brother found Duane had been bringing his LADIES home and that something of MOM's was missing - the brother took a baseball bat to Duane. That was the last time his MOM and the brother ever saw Duane.

The father had died while Duane was in prison and that was the basis of the compassion shown, but Duane violated parole and took off to Fl to Treasure Isle where his Uncle owned a home.

This is in the family record that the MOM kept until her death - without looking it up I believe she died in 1958. She logged everything. The items the Brother kept were given to a Great Niece who will not share the files she was given. She did not see a ledger but, she has floppies she put in storage. She is young and has not seemed to be interested in sharing these files even though I and another party offered to have them converted to disks at out expense. She has a active life and is not very co-operative in this matter. My impression is that there is private information about other member of the family she does not want shared. That would be her father and her grandfather and great uncle and other members of the family. Since all of these records are prior to 1958 - they seem insignicant outside of information that my be there on Duane.

The brother before he died did copy many things and send them to me and had something to show me when I went to CA in 2004. The sister's heart attack resulted in that visited being terminated just as we finished having dinner with Duane's brother and his wife.

This brother was the one with a personal connection to Tosaw and that was what our discussion was going to be about.

At the dinner table he asked me about Tosaw and I told him I didn't like the man. He told me about his & his wife's relationship with Tosaw and Tosaw's sister.
He asked me if I was aware that Tosaw was also a private investigator. What he had to discuss with me and show me had upset the sister and she went into the hospital while we ate dinner.

I never found out what the brother had for me. But one thing that was spoke about was that Duane had had parchute training. I never got to see the documentation.

As the events would go the sister died and then the brother's wife died and the brother died within wks after his wife died. This all happened over a relative short period of time. I did not push and the brother could not hear me over the phone (WHY we arranged to meet when my last spouse and I went to Loma Linda University for Proton Radiation). The brother and sister in-law were very gracious and when I went with them to the hospital - the sister agreed to meet me.

I will never forget her response - You aren't that woman who was with Duane when he came to my house. I had tried to convince her that I was not over the phone and thru letters - but until that day she had not seen me. She reached for my hand as I reached for her - and we both smiled. "No I am NOT that Woman" I had tried to tell her over the phone but she didn't believe me.

She would write me a nice letter after that - begging me to not go forward with this as it was so embarrassing to the family. She begged me to leave the past in the past, but after her death I would persue it....this was a VERY PRIVATE family with a lot of SECRETS.

My impression was Duane brought a woman to her home in Modesto in 1971 - she thought I was that woman! Note the note about the Army and Navy coded numbers supposedly from Cooper was mailed 12 miles from where the sister lived in Nov. of 1971.

Those numbers Duane had written down in the back of his memo book - and old metal one. During the early part of the investigation I noted this and contacted Himmelsbach, but no one seemed to link it. I had remembered what Duane told me about that strange set of numbers.

It was his army and navy in code.
Those were supposedly the numbers in a note sent from Cooper to the Reno News. I spoke with a man there, but they could find only where it been reported, but not the original note.

The FBI ignored me!

You put it together yourself - if you were hurt and you had a sister not too far away - one you could trust - what would you do?

Now you know why I must persue this.

skyjack71

***Jo, don't read to hard into all of this without consulting someone. it seems by looking at the two release forms, it's possible they are linked. they are running concurrently, it's possible a transfer was involved. I don't know at this point.

That data on SanQuentin/Folsom I have and it has been studied and they did RUN concurrently. This included his escape from the Ohio stent from which he escaped. I did discuss this matter several months ago.

the escape was not running concurrent Jo, he was sent back to Ohio, probably put on Parole again, he violated this and then they cancelled the warrant. you can't serve time out of the State where it originated from. Federal charges can be served out of the State where the crime was committed, but not State crimes. That's why you see State Of Florida vs (insert name) if not mistaken a Federal crime will show "The United States" vs (insert name)

Detective Ralph Lee said he was arrested in 1949 and returned to Ohio. this was from the Treasure Island report.

lol...I don't know whether there was any great plan for the bologna ..I think he just liked to steal stuff.

I keep an open mind, but I find it difficult to believe that Duane got nabbed for all these relatively petty crimes... but for the grandaddy of all capers, he didn't get caught. I mean, statistically saying, the odds are slim.......

[inline duane_larceny.jpg]
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Robert99

Calame should do his homework. There is no such thing as an Army C-13 helicopter either in 1967 or any other time.

Robert99

Oops... your post made me realize that I put wrong info as to author....correction..
Source: D.B. Cooper: The Real McCoy, by Bernie Rhodes. Research by Russell Calame. Salt Lake City, Utah: University of Utah Press (1991).

What I have is just a little different and there is an adendum on the bottom. He was NOT sent back to OHIO in 1956 - He was released. The OHIO thing was cancelled.

If you are referring to how the Fla arrest at St. Pete in 1957 came down I don't know. I never found out where Duane was sent from St.Pete. If they sent him to Ohio or it they sent him to CA. But he had already served the time concurrently in CA with his SanQuentin/Folsom stay. Therefore what they did with him regarding the robberies in Treasure Isle was unknown to me. Since it is difficult for me to retain information that is not in writing right in front of me and it is just something I read on a post I cannot refer back to - I have difficulty following and that is the discrepancy.

Since he was on Parole in Ca in 1957 serving the balance of the Ohio sentence and allowed to do so in CA because of the compassion thing with his mother on her bed. He obviously violated that and they sent him back to OHIO from Florida. But was he prosecuted in FL for the 1957 incident at Treasure Isle.

Shutter stated:

Detective Ralph Lee said he was arrested in 1949 and returned to Ohio. this was from the Treasure Island report.

Jo replies:
The crime was in 1957 - so I do not grasp what Florida did. Are there 2 arrest record for Florida.
One in 1949 and one in 1957?

This is too confusing for me to try to sort out like this. What is this 1949 Fla arrest you keep referring to? Perhaps I need hard copies I can sit and study.

skyjack71

What I have is just a little different and there is an adendum on the bottom. He was NOT sent back to OHIO in 1956 - He was released. The OHIO thing was cancelled.

If you are referring to how the Fla arrest at St. Pete in 1957 came down I don't know. I never found out where Duane was sent from St.Pete. If they sent him to Ohio or it they sent him to CA. But he had already served the time concurrently in CA with his SanQuentin/Folsom stay. Therefore what they did with him regarding the robberies in Treasure Isle was unknown to me. Since it is difficult for me to retain information that is not in writing right in front of me and it is just something I read on a post I cannot refer back to - I have difficulty following and that is the discrepancy.

Since he was on Parole in Ca in 1957 serving the balance of the Ohio sentence and allowed to do so in CA because of the compassion thing with his mother on her bed. He obviously violated that and they sent him back to OHIO from Florida. But was he prosecuted in FL for the 1957 incident at Treasure Isle.

Shutter stated:

Jo replies:
The crime was in 1957 - so I do not grasp what Florida did. Are there 2 arrest record for Florida.
One in 1949 and one in 1957?

This is too confusing for me to try to sort out like this. What is this 1949 Fla arrest you keep referring to? Perhaps I need hard copies I can sit and study.

yes, apparently he was arrested twice, once in 49, and then in 1957 where he was sent back to Ohio. you must face the charges in the State is was committed. it's up to the State to justify the crime, is it worth bringing someone back, sometimes they just decide not to continue, or possibly seen he was already in enough trouble, many possibilities to search out. let's see what Ohio has to say in the future....

This is another reason you need to have Duane's rap sheet. this will show all known arrest's he had from start to finish.

he was sent back to Ohio in 1949....

NONE of you have addressed any of these allegations with anything that even RESEMBLES common sense. Let me know when you do.

This statement explains everything. You truly do not read anyone else's posts..:)LOL.....now you know your statement is simply not true. You've had numerous facts debunked, and there have been plenty of common sense AND viable alternate explanations for all of the Kenny Christiansen circumstantial speculations.
Just because you don't agree with them does not mean that they haven't been put forth or make sense.
And as we all know about second, third, and fourth hand witnesses and their forty year old memories, well let's just say the combination of memory over time plus the thrill of being associated with anything Cooper tends to poison that well just a wee bit. Lol...all those people Kenny helped out....it's just a shame that poor ol Kenny's not here to defend himself while they throw him under the bus. :D. :D

RobertMBlevins

It may seem simplistic, but I think these detailed records on Weber actually lead AWAY from the possibility he was Cooper, and for several reasons.

Having an extensive criminal record does not lend itself well to that person being Cooper. If Cooper had a long record of arrests and incarcerations, it would not be hard for the FBI to figure him out, once Weber was made a suspect. For example, they would have had numerous pictures taken at different times to show the Cooper witnesses, and none of them have actually identified Weber as the hijacker.

The records show that Weber never pulled anything off of a violent or threatening nature. Mostly, he was small-time, and not even good at that. If he had any arrests for extortion, blackmail, or a really major robbery, then this might be a better indicator.

Since nothing in Weber's record indicates he was 'into' those things, then a record of petty crimes committed years before the hijacking is practically useless. Even his in-prison rules violations are extremely minor. No pops for fighting, stabbing another inmate, gang activity, extortion, or any of the usual stuff.

Since the record is a poor indicator, then you have to establish Weber's whereabouts, family relationships, marital status, and any work history for the years between 1970-72. Nothing else really matters, since his record doesn't lead anyone to believe that he was suddenly ready to step into the big leagues with air piracy.

Possibility: Maybe one of the reasons they haven't caught Cooper is because he didn't HAVE an extensive criminal history. If he had, the chances are very good he would have been identified by now.

The record is interesting. But it is reletively poor evidence to support the idea that Weber was Cooper. Pull up some paper that begins in 1970, and I would be all ears. Petty thefts, transfers, paroles, parole violations, stealing baloney from the inmate kitchen, purse snatching? How do we go from this to major extortion? The only BIG thing Weber seems to have done in his criminal history was an escape. And that was from a prison farm, which means he just walked away because he didn't like shoveling do-do or feeding the cows.

Cooper at least knew the basics on using a parachute. On Weber, this has not been established. I think it is much more likely that whomever Cooper really was, that the hijacking may have been the only criminal thing he ever did in his life. That last part is a theory, and I'm not necessarily speaking about KC...but anyone. This could also be much of the reason Cooper's never been caught.

that's not entirely true, prison camps are not day care centers by any means. Duane has done some serious crimes, Burglary, escape, possession of a firearm to name a few. San Quentin, Folsom are certainly not a place for a pick pocket thief. perhaps the system has dealt Duane a shitty hand on some of these charges, but you are correct that he hasn't had any violent crimes, nor does this put him any closer to being Cooper.

"The record is interesting. But it is reletively poor evidence to support the idea that Weber was Cooper"

not true once again, you need to start from the beginning in order to validate anything about a person. a background check is one of the things you do. this tells a story about Weber's behavior. it may seem boring to some, but is necessary in finding answers ..........

yes, apparently he was arrested twice, once in 49, and then in 1957 where he was sent back to Ohio. you must face the charges in the State is was committed. it's up to the State to justify the crime, is it worth bringing someone back, sometimes they just decide not to continue, or possibly seen he was already in enough trouble, many possibilities to search out. let's see what Ohio has to say in the future....

The 1957 if they sent him back to Ohio - I understand that one. He had done the time and his probation was based on the Ohio State letting SanQuentin to serve it concurrently.

When he violated the probabtion and was arrested in Fl in 1957 - yes, the then sent him to Ohio.

The 1949 one is the thing I question because he was sentenced in Ohio and then he escaped from an Honor Farm. So they must have caught him and then he finished his time behind bars and not on the farm - or it could have been visa versa. I have NOT seen that record at all. But, I bet it is one of those you have....I need when I feel better to try to down load these.

Interesting they had a second article on the Treasure Isle thing - that is what helped me sort the 1957 one out. Then I went to the notes from the brother and that one made sense

Like I said - it is 1949 that bugs me. I do know that it was war time and lots of the prisoners were assigned forestry work, fire work, road work, digging ditches - ALL kinds of things. Duane was young and healthy so you can bet he did a lot. It is how he knew WA so well. That has to come from the encarceration at McNeil. All the family could tell me is that he was NOT there very long as an uncle made arrangements for him - that Uncle lived in Chicago and had a summerhome in Fl - at Treasure Isle.
That Uncle was Chemical warfar and helped to develope the Chemical Warfare. The called him back to duty and he did that duty as a civil servant - at the very time they were investigating the WA balloon Bombs.
Duane had told me about the Balloon Bombs and so did the brother.

That was so early on in my search and all I had was notes taken on the phone with a brother who was hard of hearing. The hearing problem advance to the point he could not hear me over a phone - why I made arrangements to meet with him in 2004 while we were at Loma Linda for treatment.

Can anyone even imagine spending most of you youth and young adult yrs behind bars or confined? Duane was the BABY of 3 born to change of life mother. He was a problem child in school - remember the breaking of windows and the piano down the stairs thing as a 8 yr old. That was a lot of pent-up anger about something.

I believe some where along the line they did shock treatments or some kind of treatements on him...but that was never mentioned by the family - just a wild guess on my part because of the card he had from the San Morenon Sanitarium. That could have been around 1943 after he went back to CA.'s and it fits. They tested a lot of things there during the war. NO one keeps an old thing like that with the picture of the sanitarium with a name on it unless it meant something.

After seeing the pictures of Duane as a young man - I still think he is this guy. Second one from the left. There was a second pic of this same guy but with a different name. The sister had told me he had been placed in a program around 1943 in CA by friends of the family - she didn't say he use a fake name, but that kind of thing was done all the time back them.

Take a look at the pictures - after seeing all the young pics of Duane. I still think Duane is that young man. WHY? Duane showed me that picture around 1985. ! That is when he told me about the 1st from the left being a jumper and that he knew these guys.
He said a picture of him was in the book but that page had been torn out.
I remember this like it was yesterday!
Remember I was unaware of Cooper at that time - We had moved and remodeled the home on King Christainsen Rd (I remember the address). We were standing at the door in the Kitchen. I never saw that book again. This was the same time frame the NorJax book came out and I didn't know what it was about. The book went poof!

RobertMBlevins

Shutter: I guess I could have boiled down that post into a little thicker sauce. I don't think Weber's record is a plus sign on proving he was the hijacker. Hard to believe if he had such an extensive record that the FBI would not have been able to link him, once he became an official suspect.

It's true they investigated him pretty heavily, though. Yet they came up empty. With only that at the end of all this, then the next step is to establish his details between 1970-1972. I hear Jo talk about things from years before, and years after the hijacking. What about around the TIME of the hijacking? This info is seriously lacking, and is the only info that really counts, unless you had extortion in his record or provable parachute experience. But those are not available either.

I don't need a thicker sauce on this. I simply pointed out that he was in several prisons that have a reputation to them for being tough. a petty thief does not spend more than half his life in prison, he
might be in and out of County jails. then you painted a picture of a prison farm similar to Green Acres type of happy go easy farm, which they are not.

I realize the FBI has over 500 pages on Duane, he has been checked out and nothing connects. Jo is claiming a different story, and has not seen the records I have. having a lot of money all of the sudden in 1972 doesn't make someone Cooper either, last I checked, you have no idea where the money came from, so I wouldn't rock the boat too much B|

I don't believe any suspects in the last couple years are Cooper either., not Duane, or LD, nor KC. no hard evidence anywhere......but you do have to check them...don't ya???

London prison farm (see photo)

Mrshutter stated:

"If Cooper had a long record of arrests and incarcerations, it would not be hard for the FBI to figure him out, once Weber was made a suspect. For example, they would have had numerous pictures taken at different times to show the Cooper witnesses, and none of them have actually identified Weber as the hijacker."

Jo Replies:
The problem with that is it was 2000 before any photos were shown to the witnesses - by the FBI. I will attach the photo they used and you tell me what you think? The in 1998 the FBI dismissed him with prints alone. The 2000 viewings by the witnesses was ONLY because I went PUBLIC! Otherwise I do not expect they would ever have been shown pics.

Attaching pic! At the time it was the only pic I had of Duane provided by the brother that I gave to the FBI in 1996. It was distorted as where the other photos he sent which showed Duane standing near a outlook on the Pacific. The other pics I acquired later, other than those that had been made during our marriage.

Damn you can't use quote on this darn thing any more. I hate this new system. You can delete your post - I screwed up.

RobertMBlevins

NONE of you have addressed any of these allegations with anything that even RESEMBLES common sense. Let me know when you do.

This statement explains everything. You truly do not read anyone else's posts..:)LOL.....now you know your statement is simply not true. You've had numerous facts debunked, and there have been plenty of common sense AND viable alternate explanations for all of the Kenny Christiansen circumstantial speculations.
Just because you don't agree with them does not mean that they haven't been put forth or make sense.
And as we all know about second, third, and fourth hand witnesses and their forty year old memories, well let's just say the combination of memory over time plus the thrill of being associated with anything Cooper tends to poison that well just a wee bit. Lol...all those people Kenny helped out....it's just a shame that poor ol Kenny's not here to defend himself while they throw him under the bus. :D. :D

Your post is full of generalizations on Christiansen. The witnesses I interviewed were not 'second or third hand,' they were either people who knew him for decades, or actually LIVED with him.

None of these people 'threw Kenny under the bus,' either. Did you even READ the KC report? Or are you just assuming things. Helen Jones practically threw me off her front porch for even hinting Kenny could have been Cooper. Later, she gave extremely good testimony on his whereabouts over Thanksgiving 71 and told me: 'How could he have done such a thing...' Sound like under the bus to you?

Margaret Geestman tried every trick in the book for six straight interviews to protect Kenny. Why? Because they were friends and she liked him. It wasn't until her final interview that she finally admitted Kenny was the one with her husband that week. And that they were (at least initially) at the property in Oakville. And yes...they probably pulled off the hijacking. After that, she sold off her ranch and left town.

Do you think that all of these people...Marisa Kagan, Dawn Andrusko, Jones, Margie Geestman, and Carolyn Tyner are lying? What would motivate them to lie? Have you even bothered to check out their stories for yourself? Why take just MY word on it? I have already said that I would provide the full contact information for all these people to the right person or persons. For example...Bob Knoss is not the right person, which is why if anyone wants that info they have to ask me privately. I'm not putting it out on the internet either on a forum or a document. I have to keep track of who gets it, and WHY they want it. This seems sensible with all the Cooper Nuts out there. I've already provided the non-edited version to a couple of people. One is Brad Meltzer. The other is a reporter. And two of the Decoded cast I think.

You make a lot of assumptions about the interviews, the witnesses. And you are wrong on all those assumptions. There are two living people who know the truth on Kenny, but they aren't saying. One is Bernie Geestman. The other is his ex-wife. One is laying low and saying nothing. The other has traded in her ranch for a condo and left town. I wouldn't be surprised if by now they have compared notes. It's been a while since the s%$t hit the fan on them.

How to prove whether or not KC and Geestman were the perps involved in 305? I've always said the same thing, but it is beyond my power to do:

Simply put Helen Jones, Geestman's sister Dawn Andrusko, and Margie Geestman in one room, and Bernie Geestman in the adjoining room.

Present Mr Geestman with testimony from these women that he was with Kenny and missing the week of the crime.

Show him the little clip from Decoded where he says Kenny could be the hijacker.

And then ask him why he said that...when he was WITH Kenny at the time of the crime. Very simple. You could toss in the house purchase from the Grimes' couple (he was the Best Man at their wedding) and the loan to his sister Dawn (which he delivered) as frosting on the interview cake. Lay the documents on the table. He would probably come to Jesus fairly quickly about what really happened regarding he and KC. Maybe it was the hijacking. Maybe not. But that's the easy way to find out.

Robert - I was addressing your post which was the epitome of a generalization.

I'm not making assumptions about anything, I didn't say anyone was lying. Hell I didn't even say Kenny wasn't Cooper.
I'm saying simply that none of these people have any first-hand knowledge that Kenny Christiansen committed a crime. All these people have are circumstantial events that might or might not have been amplified, misconstrued, or simply mis-remembered over the years. I don't care how many times you post up all of your witness statements, the bottom line is that none of these people have provided proof of where Kenny was or wasn't that night. The end.

You decry witness statements left and right on other suspects, but they are supposed to be the holy grail on yours. I don't think so...

Likewise I can and have given you other equally plausible explanations for where any money came from - not the least of which could be from the very job that he was disgruntled with. Kenny dealt with customs and immigration officials and handled the plane's money - a job that could be ripe for some down low plucking.

As for throwing Kenny under the bus remark - that was kind of a *JOKE*. You know, that thing you schooled Jo on?

I'm merely questioning your data and pointing out that anecdotal stories do not evidence make. Especially at this late stage of the game and with not even a half-ass lawyer.
And I was merely pointing out that your "evidence" has indeed been addressed before by me and others - a fact that you obviously forgot.
But by all means, put Geestman in a room with the bright lights and bamboo splinters - if he confessed tomorrow, I'm betting you still wouldn't get a conviction. But that's just me....

skyjack71

Mrshutter stated:

If Cooper had a long record of arrests and incarcerations, it would not be hard for the FBI to figure him out, once Weber was made a suspect. For example, they would have had numerous pictures taken at different times to show the Cooper witnesses, and none of them have actually identified Weber as the hijacker.

The problem with that is it was 2000 before any photos were shown to the witnesses - by the FBI. I will attach the photo they used and you tell me what you think? The in 1998 the FBI dismissed him with prints alone. The 2000 viewings by the witnesses was ONLY because I went PUBLIC! Otherwise I do not expect they would ever have been shown pics.

Attaching pic!

that quote looks pretty clean, you sure I wrote thatB|;):ph34r:

mrshutter45

***Mrshutter stated:

If Cooper had a long record of arrests and incarcerations, it would not be hard for the FBI to figure him out, once Weber was made a suspect. For example, they would have had numerous pictures taken at different times to show the Cooper witnesses, and none of them have actually identified Weber as the hijacker.

Attaching pic!

that quote looks pretty clean, you sure I wrote thatB|;):ph34r:

See what happens with this new system - our goofs are here forever if we don't catch them first or someone pop in before you can review the post.
Everyone. Go back to the post before this one - I fixed it and got the photo attached! Note I make my post so I don't loose it and then go back and check it for errors and add the photos.
So give me a little time - please - I am just an old lady trying to do what young people do all the time.

Blevins stated:
It may seem simplistic, but I think these detailed records on Weber actually lead AWAY from the possibility he was Cooper,

Jo States:
I have to disagree. I think this is an exploration that should have been done yrs ago. Not even the FBI actually attempted to do what this thread is doing on Weber.

At least Blevins I do not come back and just repeat old things over and over, about people I did NOT personally know and had only spent a few hours with.

RobertMBlevins

I'm going to post up some short responses to your comments below..........

Lol...that short response thing worked out real well. My eyes are glazing.....Maybe you should hire an editor :) *JOKE*

Like I said before -- though I might as well be talking to the wall -- all anecdotal, no proof -- nothing in your responses changes that fact or the fact that KC has physical hurdles to overcome that you gloss over. You can have the last word if you want cause I'm done. We've beat this dead horse way too many times.