47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I have the simulator fully functional now and is ready for actual testing. I have to spend considerable time with uploading the weather into the system that will be given by Hominid. lot's and lot's of data.......

here is a test video on cloud coverage, the new problem is the on board recording system known as Fraps records about 950 MB's per minute. it's uncompressed, so I have to compress the files, but get a color loss that I'm working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVCIAlQPqA

here is the inside complete....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saRw-ltPy1g
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

"I am retracing the FBI flight path, I take off from SEA and fly to Toledo just like they did, turn eastward to Merwin lake area, just as they did. following the path, speed, altitude, time and weather condition just as they did. if thie time frames add up, I can say, hey. the path seems to be correct. if not, this can be a good start in finding any answers in the future. nobody is trying to discredit the 40+ year old map made by a bunch of smart guys."

My understanding of what was done should balance to the map trace, but apparently does not match up to radar. The numbers quoted to me were 15 to 20 miles west of the reports given via wind corrections that were actually not there. Mental calculations and seat of the pants. As described to me. I'm just repeating information. Who knows.

Robert99

*** News is that TIGHAR is excited about a sonar image that " might" be Amelia Earhart's plane. It will be sad if it turns out she was actually on an island and died while trying to send out radio signals that were missed or disregarded as pranks.

This is just part of TIGHAR's annual fund raising campaign. There is no believable evidence that Amelia was headed anywhere but Howland Island. During her last radio transmissions, she was close to Howland and trying to find it, while saying she was low on fuel. The flight down to the TIGHAR site would have taken another three hours and she simply didn't have fuel to get there. Not to mention that there are a number of other islands closer to Howland than Gardner.

A few years ago, TIGHAR was claiming to have found a heel from Amelia's shoe. More recently, they claimed to have found a "freckle cream" jar similar to ones Amelia reportedly used. Last year, it was a "wheel" sticking up out of the water and now it is a blip on a sonar map. Next year? Who knows?

Robert99

Whatever TIGHAR finds, they always try to link it to AE. Any aluminum is from her plane, even if the rivet spacing doesnt match. Any shoe is her shoe. The freckle cream jar? AE had freckles so of course it was hers.

Here is TIGHAR'S side scan sonar image:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sonar+earhart+plane&safe=off&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS522US522&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=twStUZv-B6WbigKB84HoDw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=849#facrc=_&imgrc=qaBMkStVFcHapM%3A%3BDKx6FqQTpWR2zM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstatic.ddmcdn.com%252Fgif%252Felectra-sonar.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fnews.discovery.com%252Fhistory%252Fus-history%252Fsonar-may-reveal-earharts-plane-photos-130529.htm%3B660%3B433

Its so noisy and low res that I dont think you can draw any conclusions about what object produced the echoes.

Here is what good high res side scan sonar images a sunken plane look like:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52050000/jpg/_52050305_52045949.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13000925&h=360&w=640&sz=68&tbnid=Rv23WPES35HeJM:&tbnh=67&tbnw=119&zoom=1&usg=__-DN-qT6XhqNj8b8F7HahJX3XEgU=&docid=mZ4PeCj0PweAFM&sa=X&ei=YAWtUeW7C-aYiALKwoG4Bw&ved=0CFkQ9QEwCw&dur=174

Sure, target depth and boat speed play a large role in image quality, but if TIGHAR thought their image was noteworthy why didn't they do more while on scene? The could have lowered a camera or towed a magnetometer over the suspected aircraft. They could have slowly worked a pattern over the site and obtained better sonar images.

There is always tantalizing evidence that is used as bait to fund yet another TIGHAR trip. Sigh...

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

BobKnoss

"I am retracing the FBI flight path, I take off from SEA and fly to Toledo just like they did, turn eastward to Merwin lake area, just as they did. following the path, speed, altitude, time and weather condition just as they did. if thie time frames add up, I can say, hey. the path seems to be correct. if not, this can be a good start in finding any answers in the future. nobody is trying to discredit the 40+ year old map made by a bunch of smart guys."

My understanding of what was done should balance to the map trace, but apparently does not match up to radar. The numbers quoted to me were 15 to 20 miles west of the reports given via wind corrections that were actually not there. Mental calculations and seat of the pants. As described to me. I'm just repeating information. Who knows.

what happened to 10-15 miles? you have been stating this for years? super memory burning out lmao
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

according to what I see on the map, the plane does fly over close to the "City of Portland" largest populated area is east of the path.

I don't know?????

NOT in 1971. The expressway had NOT gone thru there. The build up was did NOT start until 1978. Even Duane expressed this statement in 1979. "I didn't know they had finished the express way this far out".

Portlands EXPLOSION started before and after the expressway. I have discussed this with some people in Portland yrs ago...I contacted realestate people about how populated that area was. Did NOT reveal who I was or why I was calling. Remember I did NOT go public until 2000! Duane and I also took a part of that road and then went off of it to go inward into Oregon.

Like I said the man knew the back roads - he didn't need a Damn map!

I will tell you this that the PLANE tried to stay out of heavily populated areas - it was also about search, resue and recovery if the plane BLEW or went down.

NO one listened to me on this, but I know what the orders were! The area between Camas and Vancouver had a low population at that time and it went near the PDX and a private airport just East of the PDX. Duane showed me this stuff - he took me there! In 1979.

I asked the co-pilot this and he said yes and then others stated later that it was not so and claimed the co-pilot had not said that. Perhaps the Co-pilot has been ordered not to speak about these thing, but perhaps his accident had something to do with him memory. I know what he told me and he did NOT tell me the flight was West of Portland. We specifically talked about the outlet thru Cames and Vancouver and along the highway. Maybe it was ME talking to myself and hearing myself!

All accept the last conversations took place before his throat surgery and his accident. He still sounds good but you could tell he had lost the edge on his thinking like anyone else including myself who has been thru multiple traumas.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"Let me get this straight, Shutter. You plan to retrace the flight path, and if it doesn't add up...you have no plans to consult Rataczak about the difference? "

you have no clue as to what you are even saying, once again,where do I claim not to mention anything about the path if it is not as they present it?

Shutter said this about the path if it was wrong

"this can be a good start in finding any answers in the future."

this means something could be wrong and worth investigating, sure Rat would be consulted along with others.

do I have to clear everything with Bill? I know it's not a real 727, are you a real investigator? you better be checking with the FBI prior to making any more statements according to your guidelines? by not being a qualified investigator how can we make "assessments as truth from you? how many hairs do you wish to split over one post made by Robert99? Jesus age Christ son.

then to top it off, you are pushing yet another book???
you forgot the AB site address for added flow to your site.

this is about all I can handle at this moment, I'll be backing off from posting for a couple months. it's ridiculous to try and resolve anything on this site......>:(

my PM will be open if any one wishes to contact me.....

Thank You.

RobertMBlevins

Over the last forty-plus years since the Cooper hijacking, a strange thing happened. Unlike other big mysteries of the 20th century, such as Amelia Earhart’s famous disappearance over the Pacific Ocean, or the vanishing of Jimmy Hoffa, a sort-of cult has built up around Cooper. Not a cult in the ordinary religious sense, but one that better fits the sociological description:

‘A self-identified group of people who share a narrowly defined interest or perspective...'

I choose to call this group, and the world in which they live, Cooperland.

Blevins, For a self-styled scientific fiction writer, you should know that the name of this planet is earth and we are earthlings.

Robert99

Packages went out last wk and the FBI - both DC & WA will have them by mid-wk! I do NOT expect reply, but by Friday the rest of them go OUT!

I have sent pics to N.Orleans without a letter. I want them to get their curiosity up....because there is a man there Duane knew, but under what name I do not know!

RobertMBlevins

It's literary license. No worries. There is a story here, but I think discussing that story in depth on the Cooper thread is way premature, and probably inappropriate. Book won't be out until next summer, and it's mostly gonzo anyway.

It will be interesting to see how you write Cooperland. You must realize you're not a disinterested bystander and you are one of the more controversial members of Cooperland. I hope you present yourself that way.

Robert99

***Over the last forty-plus years since the Cooper hijacking, a strange thing happened. Unlike other big mysteries of the 20th century, such as Amelia Earhart’s famous disappearance over the Pacific Ocean, or the vanishing of Jimmy Hoffa, a sort-of cult has built up around Cooper. Not a cult in the ordinary religious sense, but one that better fits the sociological description:

‘A self-identified group of people who share a narrowly defined interest or perspective...'

I choose to call this group, and the world in which they live, Cooperland.

Blevins, For a self-styled scientific fiction writer, you should know that the name of this planet is earth and we are earthlings.

Robert99

No such "group" even exists!

"and the world in which they live" ???

the world in which they live? What world would that be and
where is it?

It's yet one more straw man invented by a failed book writer
who is living with his head up his ass, in search of belonging to
something where people pass through, even if it doesn't exist!
Only a parasite can cling to the walls of such a place.

And so far as I can see he is the only person living in his
"world/condition", except for ... the other parasite.

It would be comical were it not so sick at it's core.

Get help Blevins! You are the Cooper Curse.

The world you are talking about is you!

:D:D:D

Only a parasite can cling to the walls of such a place.

And so far as I can see he is the only person living in his
"world/condition", except for ... the other parasite.

Georger - who would the OTHER parasite be? You or BK. Certainly NOT me.

Certainly not me! I was the laxative that started the crap so WHO is clinging to the bowels of the thread.
:P:P:P

:D:D:D
Stepped on your own tail didn't you!
Baboon - you are not - so I guess you are a monkey!

***I hear many of you saying that Rataczak has made his position on the flight plan clear over the years. But none of you have actually SAID what that position is. Since I have not seen or heard anything from Rataczak on this...then I have to assume he said they went over the east side of Portland, maybe somewhere near the I-405 bridge.

All I suggested was asking him again before you start moving the flight based on your research. Put him on the record. This should be done, I think, by either Robert99 (because he's a pilot and would know the best questions to ask) or Shutter, (because he's also been working with the sim program). Maybe a letter from both of you that includes a contact phone number.

Well, Blevins, you could read the transcript from that night, or do a google or youtube search on Rataczak. Bruce Smith has done several articles, you could review some of his write-ups. It's called research Blevins, try it sometime.

So, someone has to call him now to get the "official word" from Rataczak on the flight path. The official word has been out for 30-40 years now.

And I'll be sure to go out and buy your new book, Cooperland, and read up on your BK chapter -- the Lazarus Effect. What you just did, Dumbo, was advertise, on this forum, and promote sales for your upcoming book, on this forum. That's what you just did, and you've been doing it since you got here. You continue to peddle your wares and use this forum for financial gain. This is not in the best interests, nor in the true spirit, of this forum. I hope Quade is following this.

You need to be permanently banned! What you are doing is pathetic.

MeyerLouie

MarkBennett

It's literary license. No worries. There is a story here, but I think discussing that story in depth on the Cooper thread is way premature, and probably inappropriate. Book won't be out until next summer, and it's mostly gonzo anyway.

It will be interesting to see how you write Cooperland. You must realize you're not a disinterested bystander and you are one of the more controversial members of Cooperland. I hope you present yourself that way.

Wonder when he has time to write a story...spends all of his time here! Needless to say he would never make fair statements about all the suspects...he supports the most unlikely of suspects!

By the way Blevins DO NOT make me (Jo Weber) part of YOUR story. My story is NOT your Story....and YOU have NO permission to use any part of what I have to say.,,,nor does anyone else.

Another Cooper writer just learned this the HARD way! Write about Cooper all you want - but tell no lies and do not misrepresent Jo Weber. Outside of this thread HER story will be told HER way!

I do NOT want the sicko things said about me that are said about a man who DOES not know and did NOT know his own suspect! At least I was married to my suspect for 17 yrs plus our time spent before our marriage. My suspect at least admitted he was Cooper and I HELD in my HAND the ticket, a stub and a BANK bag! Hell, I can't prove it, but one damn thing for sure - I will take any test anyone wants me to and I would pass it in a heart beat - because it is true.

If anyone of you thought for one moment I would spend this many yrs on a project - I could not win or that might be eventually proven - then you guys are the ones who need a ego boost - not JO WEBER!

Every once in a while I allow myself to be pulled away from what I know, but then I GO back to the airline ticket, the stub and the Bank bag. If Weber was just setting me up - it was 17 yrs in the making. That just does NOT compute in my book.

I am certainly not trying to make money off of this and at my age and with my health - even if I prove it, there is NO gain other than my own self satisfaction in knowing my memory is pretty damn good. Sure, I fell into a lot of the theories and played with the possiblities - but it always ends up going where I have already been.

If Weber was setting a stage or doing a hoax - he took 17 yrs of my life doing and then over 18 yrs of my life trying to unravel the webbing he left behind. If I were able to prove it or disprove it - there is NOTHING there for me.

I DO want the satisfaction of knowing it is over before I leave this world! I want the story to be heard - MY WAY and not stuffed full of the lies and interjections the naysayer throw in....why do any of you think I sent that damn stuff to the FBI. Also - there is another WA file that needs to be checked out.

Bremerton. I had seen that old record on the files, but figured with the ages it just could NOT be. Well, spend your money checking it out. Larry was Mary Jane's son and her husband was Duane Weber. Bit of a toss wouldn't you say....are the ages wrong or was that just their ages on the file? Wasn't Duane in prison at that time? Find out for yourself and then report it to the thread? Anyone out there who thinks they can write this story better get on the ball with FACTS! You have a lot of HOG WASH to contend with! You won't find it in this thread, but in the way the FBI has investigated Weber. The only story left out there is HOW and WHY the SYSTEM FAILED!

mrshutter45

"But since we're talking flight path of 305....how reasonable is it to assume a flight crew would agree to fly an aircraft over a major metropolitan area, like Vancouver/Portland"

very good question, one of the reason you wonder about the flight path. I believe the pilots agreed to "go around Portland" for safety. he wouldn't be in the right pattern if he had to land at PDX. altitude and location problems. (approach) would be wrong. from the 20:17 location down to 20:20 has a lot of water around this area that leads into the Columbia. just something to role around in your head.

according to what I see on the map, the plane does fly over close to the "City of Portland" largest populated area is east of the path.

I don't know?????

Are you saying then, MrShutter45, that 305 could not have maintained the V-23 flight path into Portland if 305 had to land at PDX? I'm wondering then what pattern, altitude, and elevation would have been necessary for 305 to land at PDX -- taking the all-important wind velocity and direction into account. I'm hoping this will be a "what if" scenario you can simulate. It might help nail down the real flight path right around jump time or soon thereafter.

On a related topic: As I look closely at your attached map, Mrshutter45, it's looking like V-23 goes right over Vancouver and pretty much right over downtown Portland. So, I have to ask again: would Ratraczak risk flying over the major metropolitan areas of Vancouver and Portland, knowing that Cooper had a bomb and was threatening to detonate it, thus possibly blowing up the plane and having it crash into a major metropolitan area in either Portand or Vancouver -- thus risking major casualties, huge loss of life, and major property damage? It just doesn't seem reasonable or likely that Rataczak would do that. So, I'm going to have to question the alleged V-23 flight path into Vancouver and Portland. The V-23 flight path seems unlikely -- very unlikely, in fact.

So, did Rataczak fly west or east of Vancouver/Portland proper? The fact that Tena Bar is upriver from the Lewis River drainage into the Columbia makes one think he opted for an easterly direction. I know Rataczak said his cherished wish was to be able to fly over the Pacific Ocean and get Cooper to jump to his death there. It would be significant to find the truth about the real flight path coming into the Portland vicinity.

MeyerLouie

Blevins said:

....I am not the enemy here.... I interviewed dozens of people doing either life-without, or sentences that realistically were the same thing. This was to compare their situation to the death penalty. No, I don't have a PI license, but then no one else around here does either...;).

Your partner, Skip Porteous, has a PI license. Why not just borrow his? Then you can be an expert in that field too -- just like all the others.

How about this, Blevins -- I am for the death penalty. When there's no doubt (got that -- absolutely no doubt -- as in there was irrefutable evidence that Ted Bundy really did commit the murders for which he was convicted and sentenced), then the death penalty is justice for the grieving families. These there's-absolutely-no-doubt-they-did-it monsters get a bed, clean clothes, three square a day, often times a job and a college education -- all free of charge. Not free of charge for the tax payer however -- they get to foot the entire bill! You bleeding heart liberals think the tax money to support these monsters for their entire lives grows on trees.

MeyerLouie

MeyerLouie

Blevins wrote:

[ The main object is to identify the TRUTH on who was Cooper, not play pattycake or worry about book sales. :)

Why is it Blevins you are the only one on the forum who talks about book sales? Only you talk about financial gain here, no one else. I've got news for you, Blevins -- it's inappropriate and a breach of forum protocol. You need to be permanently banned from this forum for doing it, period!

MeyerLouie

Today I was very calm and just doing what I had to do. I ran some errands and when I got home there was Caddy in my driveway. The man had white hair and a white mustache - his complexion was very close to that of Duane Weber. My head did Flip-flops!

I knew I was expecting a Shutter man, but to see someone who resembled Weber was interesting.

Well, it was Just the Shutter man - NO, not our Mrshutter! A real shutter man - he was early for our appointment! :)
But, it didn't stop there! The weird things that have happened in the last hour - has to be a sign something is getting ready to POP! Maybe Explode!

Guess what the topic of an ensueing conversation was about! This man supposedly didn't know me from ADAM or EVE! But, where the conversation went border-lined on clairvoyant!

I told him how much he resembled a man I used to know. He provides me with his estimates after making some measurement and suggesting my needs.

On my table I had the picture collage I sent to the FBI. There is nothing on that page, but the Missourie intake photos and it is surround by small unpublicized and publicized pics or Weber - NO names. There are dates on each pic.

He said "I can't remember the man's name, but we were talking about him at the bay saturday". I said "Talking about Who?" He says 'That man". My eyes got as big as saucers.

A man was working on a boat he was claiming Cooper bought with his girl friend. Weird? Right!

The man working on the boat was just spinning a yarn - but, I looked at the man sitting at my table and told him they where not pictures of Cooper - just the one small composite in the lower part of the collage!

Just HOW co-incidental was all of this!
Suddenly I was hearing that weird music I heard the night Shutter put the 1966 composite up. It was hard to contain myself. There is NO way this was a set-up! The man only knew me as the name I gave him which is NOT Jo Weber. I do not believe this was a set-up - just another one of those weird things that happens.

The music continued and again I do NOT hear it outside. The Angels are trying to tell me something. The FBI will not get their copies until tomorrow and who knows if they will even open them?

After the man leaves I see my recorder is flashing. It was a call from my Dr. while I was outside. They never call me! It was too late and the Dr. had left his office...but, he did call me a few moments ago. The problem is worse, but I will deal with that TOMMOROW. Tonight I will deal with my feelings.

Tonight I deal with Weber and Cooper, who from what occurred in my home today are one and the same!
The FBI nor the Government are never going to admit they SCREWED-UP! Put your money on it!

Duane Weber was Dan Cooper! I think anyone else looking at this collage of photos with a small insignificant composite buried with in them - will say the same! It just happened!

I tried and tried and tried to send my pictures in the format I had composed them on in Word. But it won't email to someone who would be able to format it for the thread.

If I posted each pic individually the over all effect would NOT do what the one page of nine photos did in the order they were. I am going to put ONE photo on here NONE of you have seen. I didn't know when it was made nor what angle it was made from. Strange thing going on with Weber's mouth in this pic and the pic is very poor quality.

His birthday is June 18, 1924. I had forgot that until tonight.

That is 2 wks from today! Well, I guess not it is already Wed. in the south.

I will call this pic - "What's with the mouth" and when the hell was the pic made? Definitely made after 1971! Weber is pretty heavy in the pic. It is not very clear either.

"Bob Knoss does NOT count, LOL."

I may be the only one here who CAN count.

PA: "Anything we can do for you?" (Signal)
Cooper: "No, everything's fine back here." (jump)
"One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four, one thousand five, one thousand six, one thousand seven, one thousand eight, one thousand nine, one thousand ten, PULL!" Just like Dan Cooper (Duane Weber) did exiting 305.

"One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four, one thousand five, one thousand six, one thousand seven, one thousand eight, one thousand nine, one thousand ten, PULL!" Just like Dan Cooper (Duane Weber) did exiting 305.

Bull! You can't even remember a phone call YRS ago in 2000 when I told you about something Duane told me! I could not remember the context of the conversation or why he even mentioned - but it was NOT the verbage you just quoted above.

Please get the hell out of a story you had NOTHING to do with!

****** News is that TIGHAR is excited about a sonar image that " might" be Amelia Earhart's plane. It will be sad if it turns out she was actually on an island and died while trying to send out radio signals that were missed or disregarded as pranks.

This is just part of TIGHAR's annual fund raising campaign. There is no believable evidence that Amelia was headed anywhere but Howland Island. During her last radio transmissions, she was close to Howland and trying to find it, while saying she was low on fuel. The flight down to the TIGHAR site would have taken another three hours and she simply didn't have fuel to get there. Not to mention that there are a number of other islands closer to Howland than Gardner.

A few years ago, TIGHAR was claiming to have found a heel from Amelia's shoe. More recently, they claimed to have found a "freckle cream" jar similar to ones Amelia reportedly used. Last year, it was a "wheel" sticking up out of the water and now it is a blip on a sonar map. Next year? Who knows?

Robert99

Whatever TIGHAR finds, they always try to link it to AE. Any aluminum is from her plane, even if the rivet spacing doesnt match. Any shoe is her shoe. The freckle cream jar? AE had freckles so of course it was hers.

Here is TIGHAR'S side scan sonar image:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sonar+earhart+plane&safe=off&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS522US522&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=twStUZv-B6WbigKB84HoDw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=849#facrc=_&imgrc=qaBMkStVFcHapM%3A%3BDKx6FqQTpWR2zM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstatic.ddmcdn.com%252Fgif%252Felectra-sonar.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fnews.discovery.com%252Fhistory%252Fus-history%252Fsonar-may-reveal-earharts-plane-photos-130529.htm%3B660%3B433

Its so noisy and low res that I dont think you can draw any conclusions about what object produced the echoes.

Here is what good high res side scan sonar images a sunken plane look like:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52050000/jpg/_52050305_52045949.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13000925&h=360&w=640&sz=68&tbnid=Rv23WPES35HeJM:&tbnh=67&tbnw=119&zoom=1&usg=__-DN-qT6XhqNj8b8F7HahJX3XEgU=&docid=mZ4PeCj0PweAFM&sa=X&ei=YAWtUeW7C-aYiALKwoG4Bw&ved=0CFkQ9QEwCw&dur=174

Sure, target depth and boat speed play a large role in image quality, but if TIGHAR thought their image was noteworthy why didn't they do more while on scene? The could have lowered a camera or towed a magnetometer over the suspected aircraft. They could have slowly worked a pattern over the site and obtained better sonar images.

There is always tantalizing evidence that is used as bait to fund yet another TIGHAR trip. Sigh...

Yea, I know the TIGHAR story and all the reasons why this is just another fundraiser.

On the other hand, I kind of like to think of her as making it to land- even with a crappy ending- as opposed to her just running out of flippin gas over open ocean -- a victim of poor planning and execution.

I was brought up thinking of her as a hero - kind of hard to let go of that:)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

On the other hand, I kind of like to think of her as making it to land- even with a crappy ending- as opposed to her just running out of flippin gas over open ocean -- a victim of poor planning and execution.

I was brought up thinking of her as a hero - kind of hard to let go of that:)

Have NO idea why I am making the statement below other than when I was growing up - A Thief was among the lowest of the low...they made a decision to steal. Why Weber was a thief? Other members of the family did NOT resort to crime - but perhaps Weber was the beginning of how the young people think today. If they can't get it honestly they resort to theft or worst.

We see this more and more as time goes by. Weber was the baby and was spoiled. I compare that to most of they young people in this day and time. If they can't get it (whatever they want) they TAKE it. Crime just gets worse and worse and more violent.

A Skyjacker is a thief and a terrorist. He should never have been allowed to reach Hero Status. The system that failed!

As for Amelia - Lots of people took lost of risk in the begining of the aviation history and she was one of them. Every experiment and/or advancing of the human race has victims. IT is JUST LIFE.

As per the technology available - she did NOT plan to fail (no one does that). Finding the plane will not change anything ... she is gone and she was an adventuress and she knew the risks involved. No one should just disappear, but it happens all the time and the bodies are never found....

The public put Cooper in hero status - what a terrible thing to do. When we moved to Va to the scene of where McCoy died....I think that is when Weber turned his life around. Seeing and reading about his death and knowning he (Duane Weber) was the reason the man even attempted to do a skyjacking. I have spoke many time of things that happened in Va Bch. Perhaps the impact of what he (Duane) had done did NOT really sink in until then. Maybe he did know all of the story.

I remember the night Duane came crawling in the front door in Va. Bch. Va. He was drunk out of his mind and crying like a baby about being responsible for some one dying. I remember going out to the car - thinking he had hit someone with his car. This was when I think he started to make amends for his life. He stopped drinking and he didn't get angry when things didn't go right. We were making good money and he was learning that there was a right way. He also knew that if they found out he was an ex-con - the job was gone and then what. So he was a good boy - worked hard and saved and invested his money until he had to go out on disability.

I do NOT want anyone to think Cooper or Weber was a hero. What was remarkable about Cooper - was he evaded being found out! How did he do that? Survival and repentance! Did he actually outsmart the FBI and how did he do it? Hopefully the truth being know those of us who his life touched can move on.

Tina lost 42 yrs! What a tragedy!
I know she foregave him, but it should never have happened.

What needs to be done now if to fix the System that does NOT work.
But HOW? Is it too late?

It has been almost 42 yrs. One young lady's life was forever altered and the rest of the crew did fare better.

Then in 1996 another life was put in upheaval due to Cooper.

How many lives has Cooper touched?
How many who read and participated in this thread have been affected?

The list is endless!

The FBI missed the ball when they responded to requests out of Jefferson in 1972. Even when I brought this up to FBI agent Carr (2007- 2009) - he claimed to have contacted them and there were NO records of a visit to Jefferson by the FBI in the early 1970's. I believe he voiced this on the thread.

NO ONE made the Jefferson file on Weber available to Jo Weber his widow until recently on this thread. All of you know my story and my reaction to the final disclosure of that file. Had it been presented and even reviewed by the FBI in 1996 - this saga could already have had an ending?!?!

All of the futile books written out there - NO one had a clue who Cooper was. I have been mis-quoted so many times it is ridiculous...Why I now want to TELL my story - and every word will have to be proofed by me or it will not be Printed. OF Course NO writer is going to let that happen so I will authorize no Book. All I want is JUSTICE! I did not like seeing the story I have told - twisted and turned - and these writers putting their twist on things - and the writers never ever spoke with me or contacted me and asked - is this what you said? Is this an accurate acccounting of your part in the Cooper saga. They just wrote whatever sounded good.

I started to do searches recently and read several of the stories out there told by writers of what I said. NO one gets it accurate...not one. As time evolves this writer or that writer puts his on twist on to the story of Cooper and on to the stories of suspects. Time to END it.

Since the FBI has NOT contacted me about the flyers I sent them - I am getting ready to do what has to be done. My primary problem right now is my health and that is getting in the way and it is getting serious. I am unable to travel even a few mile without excruciating pain and surgery will probably not be an option due to my over-all health situation...I will spare you the details.

It is TIME for the FBI to admit they made mistakes. How many lives have to be forever altered before they admit the system didn't work.

If this simple joker who spent so many yrs and had so many offensed evaded the FBI - the system needs a serious work over. The FBI never came back to see me - they just dismissed him based on prints. Then yrs later they ask for DNA. The FBI has never come to my home to view the "other" items I thought be of help or to sit down with me and go thru all of the stuff. Well, now most of the STUFF is gone....this should have been done PRIOR to the dismissal letter of 1998 based on prints.

All of the money and man hours spent on this crime were futile, because the investigators DID not take the TIME to actually visit with the one person who may have known more than she thought she did. They never asked me to take polygraph and I sure as hell could not afford to do so myself and a private pay polygraph would not have be accepted by the FBI.

It is time for the PUBLIC to decide and this should have been done in 2001 when I went to WA., but the FBI didn't have the time. Two of the agents did a cursory interview with Doug Pasternak and I have the tape.

I do not know if that interview was ever made public. I do not check.
The agents never knew the right questions to ask me - and had they been knowledgeable of the crime - this could already have been over.

How many lives have been altered?
How long will the FBI drag this out?
Look at the lives destroyed by Cooper and then ask yourself if the system works?

It is my belief I knew more about the crime than I actually thought - perhaps false memories due to my investigation of this - but NO they are not. My first conversation with the co-pilot was in my other home - prior to 2001...all most the same coversation we had about 3 yrs ago. I associate my memory with the circumstances of my life to acquire dates and as of recent that is becoming difficult.

THE LIVES that have been ruined by Cooper - it needs to STOP! The truth and the mistakes need to be revealed. NO one can give Tina back 42 yrs of her life. No one can give me back 18 yrs of my life - but, we can STOP other lives from being destroyed.

I am not seeking money or notoriety - just the truth. The system needs to be fixed! Personally I think it is too late to fix the world and that the world and society as we used to know it is GONE forever. Our own government tries to cover up their mistakes and bury them.

Investigative agents are just there for the money, the benefits and hope they actually get their guy.
Like all jobs now - and in all field, we are NOT getting the best of the best because some of the best never had an opportunity to succeed and did not acquire the degrees needed.

Who are some of those BEST that were passed by? Men who had been in trouble with the law and not eligible for consideration - so they go to the underside of society and utilize their skills there. Crime in the US is at it highest percentile ever and IT is not going to go down - NOT without changeS in education, moral teachings and skilled parenting.

The young people have no morals anymore - they just do it and what the end result has become - is that we are now a society of misfits.

Not sure what any of this had to do with Cooper other than WE the UNITED STATES of AMERICA needS to make changes NOW. What goes on in WA needs to stop! The laws and changes ARE NOT written in understandable LAYMAN language and not LIMITED to so many pages - so the lawyers who play with wordS are able to work all of the PORK the programs.

I just found out about a program in Toledo that is paying untrained men $38 per hour to install pipe with our government money. RIDICULOUS!
THINGS like this have to STOP. The SCAM artist get the grants and the payout money and creates jobs with such high pay & then run out of money & ask the GOVERNMENT for more money. This PRACTIST is destroying what is left of our economy

AMERICA IS SPIRALING DOWN DOWN DOWN! Time to make changes in the system!