47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Snowmman brought up an interesting point about getting the chutes from two different places -- basically the guy providing the chest packs knew nothing about the guy providing the back packs.... this explains why they provided chest rigs that were unusable, in that neither could attach to either of the back rigs.

So based on the above ...... whuffo question time........

The front chute was a reserve - meaning it could be activated if the back chute doesn't work, correct? The pictures I'm seeing look like it doesn't have a harness like the back chute does. Is that correct? Are there any straps or is the only attachment by hooking it to the back chute?

So..... if both chest rigs were essentially useless for jumping out of an airplane since they can't be attached to the back chute or the jumper, why do some make a big deal out of the fact that the dummy chute was gone in Reno and that this somehow speaks to his knowledge/experience or lack thereof?

Seems like if it's not usable, it's a moot point and you can't really draw any inferences about anything from the dummy chute.

I'm not a jumper, but I think that I would be able to figure out that I needed a little more security then just holding on to it. It's useless, I toss it.

And if i was experienced, I imagine that I would be thinking that they were trying to pull a fast one on me.
That ticks me off, I toss it.

Either way -- I'm not using it as chute cause I can't use it as a chute. End of mystery.

Help me out, jumpers. What am i missing here? :)

You aren't missing anything. The dummy chute was worthless for jumping. But if Cooper attached that chute to the front of his back pack harness by some jury rigged means, then it would increase his chances of not finding the already oddly located right side rip cord on a very dark night. Basically, it would add to the already high probability that Cooper was a no pull.

It was pointed out earlier that Cooper took some crew rations, meaning he intended to hang tough in the elements for the night. So, since we have never found the dummy chute, why wouldn't it be possible that he took it with him -- to fashion a pancho and a lean-to so as to keep him warmer and dryer and help get him through that wet cold night? In addition, a rig being harder to use or pull wouldn't eliminate it, in Cooper's eyes. He improvised and adapted up to this point, why wouldn't he continue to do so with the chutes? I remember that night, the rain, wind, and cold were inescapable. I think Cooper (or anyone in the elements that night, for that matter) would have used anything available to improve his chances for surviving the elements that night. That extra chute, then, could very well have been a life saver.

MeyerLouie

"You know, I don't begrudge Geoffrey Gray at all -- He seems like a nice guy and I enjoyed his book. I actually wish he'd gone into even more detail in his book on the case files, and I'd buy a follow-up."

Absolutely. But if he wrote what he believes he would get sued. Anybody who comes close to speaking the truth will find trouble. Only fabricators are allowed to act as truthsayers. Truthsayers are declared fabricators. Everything is upside down and backwards. It was planned to be that way.

Have you discussed this with the walrus.... goo goo ga goob????

"Goo goo ga goob?" And you are criticizing me for not acting like an adult here? ........

MeyerLouie

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH... That is the sound most people heard as you missed the reference.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Responding to the other childish personal attacks.. is pointless.

Your search for RobertMBlevins in posts made by georger returned 1126 results in 0.142s.
Your search for skyjack71 in posts made by georger returned 759 results in 0.157s.

Your search for RobertMBlevins in posts made by MeyerLouie returned 155 results in 0.127s.
Your search for skyjack71 in posts made by MeyerLouie returned 49 results in 0.378s.

My search for Amazon in posts made with any intelligence 0 returned 0 results in 0.000s -- whatever the hell "s" means. My numbers seem a little down -- I'll have to get on it! So, I guess this means you're a Blevins fan -- he could use one. MeyerLouie

I am a fan of adult discourse... which was again lacking in the post you just made.

MOMMIE HE TOUCHED ME AGAIN....

Sorry at some point little boys are supposed to grow the fuck up.:S

Hey Amazon,

"MOMMIE HE TOUCHED ME AGAIN" doesn't sound much like adult discourse to me, not to mention the f*** word. If you're going to accuse someone of not acting like an adult, then you shouldn't act like a child yourself while you admonish someone else for acting childish. Same with the posts tally you did earlier -- you accused some of us of being bean counters, but in so doing, you were bean counting. A bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say, Dr. Amazon?

MeyerLouie

Why do I get the feeling Knoss and georger and MeyerLouie would be far happier over in the Speakers Corner with their fellow travelers and like minded "I'm rubber you're glue" that passes for intelligence there.

Let's see now, when I think of someone who is 'intelligent,' who's the first person that pops into my mind? Amazon, of course. Actually, the exact opposite, Mr. Amazon -- you talk like someone who hangs out a biker bar -- a little rough around the edges, Tough Guy.

MeyerLouie

It was pointed out earlier that Cooper took some crew rations, meaning he intended to hang tough in the elements for the night. So, since we have never found the dummy chute, why wouldn't it be possible that he took it with him -- to fashion a pancho and a lean-to so as to keep him warmer and dryer and help get him through that wet cold night? In addition, a rig being harder to use or pull wouldn't eliminate it, in Cooper's eyes. He improvised and adapted up to this point, why wouldn't he continue to do so with the chutes? I remember that night, the rain, wind, and cold were inescapable. I think Cooper (or anyone in the elements that night, for that matter) would have used anything available to improve his chances for surviving the elements that night. That extra chute, then, could very well have been a life saver.

MeyerLouie

Cooper asked that the NWA people in Seattle send out some food for the crew. I believe they sent out six meals (or sandwiches) for the five people on board the aircraft. Cooper did not ask for or get one of those meals.

The food Cooper took from the rear of the aircraft was things like soft drinks and snack foods such as peanuts which were routinely carried for kids on the flights. There was no meal service on the flight between Portland and Seattle (mid-afternoon and only about 40 minutes flying time total).

I believe the military has/had a survival manual that on how to use a parachute canopy for shelter. One canopy would be sufficient for Cooper.

Perhaps Amazon can elaborate on the above.

Robert99

"They combed the house and nearby woods. Took a million pictures. A reward was posted by Crimestoppers. Now where's a suspect? No prints to match with the NCIC records? No witnesses? Physical evidence? Any leads to be released publicly? Even the local media has been silent about it lately."

didn't you send the FBI all kinds of information about KC? is it our turn
to say, hey why is the FBI so "silent" about KC???????

for someone who doesn't believe in conspiracy theories you sure are
creating one with this statement.....

these things take time, it's not in law enforcement's best interest to
post daily updates about a murder case. you need to understand this
is not a high profile case. it's no longer the top story of the evening news!

with the statement above are we to assume now that it's simple to find
out who killed someone with some prints and the powerful NCIC? perhaps
like the FBI, you need to step in and resolve this matter? (*roll eyes*)
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Posting from Jo Weber:
This new format is very difficult to follow regarding who said what to who. I will be putting a heading on my postings.

After several minute I gave up trying to figure out who said what.... might work for others, but it is NOT working for me.

He said and then she said. Seems like NO ONE actually knows who they are talking to and/or who they are referring to in the postings!

If this is going to be the NEW format for the thread then we need to Identify ourselves in the first line - I am STUPID and I cannot figure out who said what and the reply is directed at the wrong person. This can cause a LOT of discord. The new format sure takes up a lot of space to boot!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

MeyerLouie

Cooper asked that the NWA people in Seattle send out some food for the crew. I believe they sent out six meals (or sandwiches) for the five people on board the aircraft. Cooper did not ask for or get one of those meals.

The food Cooper took from the rear of the aircraft was things like soft drinks and snack foods such as peanuts which were routinely carried for kids on the flights. There was no meal service on the flight between Portland and Seattle (mid-afternoon and only about 40 minutes flying time total).

I believe the military has/had a survival manual that on how to use a parachute canopy for shelter. One canopy would be sufficient for Cooper.

Robert99

Hope you don't mind if I toss my two cents into this one. The canopy-for-survival thing was done in somewhat the same area by Marine pilot Lt. Floyd Walling right around Christmas 1945. As you may have seen in the old PI article, he used the canopy to stay warm, a lighter to start a fire, and ended up walking out to the little town of Yale and was rescued there. He left the canopy behind, and there is no record of anyone ever retrieving it. FYI: Walling's chute is not in the same area as the Amboy chute. Because of the roads, Merwin Dam, etc. it's nearly certain Walling jumped north of the Merwin Lake dam, not south of it. If he had jumped south of the dam, any route to Yale would have entailed crossing two paved roads and a big ass lake. So, probably north of the lake.

EDIT: I just spoke to Sergeant Cindi West on the phone. No new updates. She says the investigation is ongoing (sounds like she's answered a BUNCH of calls about Cossey, but she was nice)

IMPORTANT: West said that she will Twitter ANYTHING new about the Cossey case immediately via her Twitter account, even before she calls the media. So if you have Twitter, you should go to your account and enter the following in the search box, and then put her on your Twitter follow list:

@kingcosoPIO

where did you get your information of the location of the Amboy chute?????
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

MeyerLouie

Robert99

Rataczak told me that Cooper had meals delivered for the four crew members. They were in Styrofoam containers and placed on the front seats of First Class. The crew never ate them, nor did Cooper. Rather, the German Shepherds who came aboard at Reno first devoured the food before they did anything else, according to Bill when I spoke with him in 2009.

Shutter asks:

'Where did you get your information on the location of the Amboy chute?'

Fair question. I met a very nice couple at the last Ariel gathering while doing the video. One of the questions I sort of casually asked people was:

'Do you think the chute found down near Amboy belonged to DB Cooper?' Or 'Do you believe Cooper lived or died?'

Some people didn't know about it (Amboy chute) at all. Most of the others said they didn't know if it was Cooper's.

But this one lady mentioned rather casually that she and her husband knew the people who owned the property where the chute was discovered. They were also from Amboy, and had been attending the Ariel event for years. (There is something very special about these people, which I can't mention because we're going to do their life story in a book this summer. I have to go down and get video and pictures for research. Totally NON-Cooper related story)

I didn't even ask the exact location, because I had no intention of following up on it. You know...it was just a question I asked people for fun, for the video. You can see her at the 38:47 mark on the Ariel video. I did a brief interview with her. Off-camera, I asked her some questions about what she did for a living (unique, to say the least), how long they'd lived in Amboy (more than 30 years). Then I said something else about the Amboy chute and that's when she told me what she did. Very nice lady. The old guy in the video with her is not her husband. He was already inside the bar when I started filming her. I can tell you this much about what this lady and her husband do for a living: They have spent their entire lives helping others. It's an amazing story.

Its an amazing story you and they and she have
spent their hole lives helping others, but did she tell
you what she told you without asking what she did
when she when she told you what she did?

Any details in that circle dance of manners upon
manners inside hyper sincerity?

You referred to wanting now to get into the deep
history of hijackings ... which FARFLUNG (remember
him?) spent almost two years developing here, for the
edification of copy cats. You could just REPOST
Farfling's posts!

That is, if she told you without asking what she did
when she told you what she did?

This should be perfectly clear, if she told you. what
she did when she told you?

What's the deal with Cossey and you? Have you
adopted him and his murder, out of the thin blue
skies? Are you about to own his story, to keep the
other journalist Bruce Smith at bay, on eBay?

Lot's questions!

Did your friend Cossey own any ariel cameras?

"They combed the house and nearby woods. Took a million pictures. A reward was posted by Crimestoppers. Now where's a suspect? No prints to match with the NCIC records? No witnesses? Physical evidence? Any leads to be released publicly? Even the local media has been silent about it lately."

Hey...hold your horses there cowboy. Do you think that I am the ONLY one in the Puget Sound area who wants Cossey's killer brought to justice? That man never did anything to anyone, and judging from the many nice posts put up by his former students, he was well-liked. I never even met the guy myself, and even I am pissed off that he ended up like that.

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy, and this has ZIP to do with Christiansen. I merely voiced my frustration that so far they haven't ID'd a suspect. And you can bet that Cossey's family and friends are thinking the same thing.

Hey...hold your horses there cowboy ??? >:(

Send some flowers and give a $5000 memorial.
That should take care of your official duties.

Or, you could do an official SKYDIVE from a Curtis
Jenny at 100 feet ... in his honor! That should
assuage any gratuitous resemblance between a
rooster and an authentic nuclear submarine in attack
mode?

Maybe help the cause with a scent rooster?

Georger: I get the idea that if Cossey's family read some of your posts...that they wouldn't send you an invitation to the memorial. You really don't have any shame, do you?

'Houston...we have a problem...'

Before you come off with another smart-aleck comment on a sad situation, I have no plans to attend any such memorial. I didn't know the guy. Never met him in person. Not writing any articles about him. I just hope they find the killer. Pretty simple.

Your links are ignored. I leave the viewing of them to others.

Im just trying to keep you from self immolation on
the pogo stick you are currently deployed on -

Next thing we know you and Cossey's killer will be
having it out in some aisle at K-Mart with one of those
M-16's and rocket launchers you were linking us to here yesterday!

I just give Law Enforcement and Cossey and his
family, more credit for having brains than you do.

Lighten up your gratuitous moral fervor ... let people
take care of their business and stay out the way ...
and the same could be said for Bruce ... if you really
and truly ... care?

Manner are as manners do!

It's just an idea. I read non-fiction.

Hey...hold your horses there cowboy. Do you think that I am the ONLY one in the Puget Sound area who wants Cossey's killer brought to justice? That man never did anything to anyone, and judging from the many nice posts put up by his former students, he was well-liked. I never even met the guy myself, and even I am pissed off that he ended up like that.

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy, and this has ZIP to do with Christiansen. I merely voiced my frustration that so far they haven't ID'd a suspect. And you can bet that Cossey's family and friends are thinking the same thing.

On Georger's post up there: Ignored. Asked and answered. That's all you get from me on it. Not everything in my life has to do with Cooper, or will be made public. And I'm not publishing any articles on Cossey. Now or later. Make sure you go back and delete your comment now. (*laughs*) If you had a legitimate question that didn't read like something from Lewis Carroll, then maybe I would provide an answer. I don't respond well to non-mannered questions, whether you like it or not.

not every case ends up like the television show 48 hours. let them do there job!
I know lots of people want answers, but the media and police are not going to
give updates like being on this thread.

my horses are safe and sound in the corral.....but thanks for asking B|

not every case ends up like the television show 48 hours. let them do there job!
I know lots of people want answers, but the media and police are not going to
give updates like being on this thread.

my horses are safe and sound in the corral.....but thanks for asking B|

well said - agree. will get to email tonight - :)

Hi Everyone,

I've been getting lots of queries about why someone would want to kill Earl Cossey in regards to the Norjak case. Here is my speculative view:

Suppose that Coss knew someone who had an interest in controlling the investigation, or at least influencing the public's understanding of who DB Cooper was.

Suppose this "puppet master" overtly or covertly encouraged Earl to develop a story line that proved DB Cooper was inept and probably dead.

Remember, Cossey was clearly viewed by the FBI as a parachute expert, so his analysis of the chutes used and the conditions of the jump could be a valuable foundation on which to spin the Norjak story away from DBC being a hero to a stupid idiot. A change in DBC's image does wonders for the image of the FBI as well.

Now, suppose that Earl's analysis becomes increasingly suspect and he begins to looik like the fool, not DB Cooper.

Suppose Earl realizes that he has been duped, or worse, fixed his credibility to a sinking ship.

Suppose that Earl knows who is driving the story line.

Suppose that Earl would have knowledge of how the FBI really conducted its investigation, and it ain't too flattering.

Suppose that information gets us closer to understanding how so much evidence has been lost and who lost it?

Suppose the puppet master didn't trust Coss to keep his secrets for a 42nd year.

Would that be a reason to kill him?

Bruce...that's an awful lot of supposes. Just saying. That stuff isn't even close to anything Occam-related.

You are REALLY asking for it from some of the serious investigators on Cooper. (Not me, I mean people like Georger, etc) And I can't see any reason to protest.

Let me post up some of the more reality-based theories I came up with. Sgt West says Cossey was accounted for on Monday evening, and was killed sometime Tuesday, and that Cossey didn't get home until late in the evening on Monday. (Time not specified) If he didn't have a security system, or it wasn't turned on, it is quite possible a burglar was already inside when he got home that night. Then it could have gone like this:

Hard to imagine anyone being motivated to harm Cossey simply because he packed some chutes forty-plus years ago. My only concerns regarding ANY possible Norjak connection are these:

1) Cossey is well-known to many people in the Northwest, and was featured in several articles back in 2008 for the Amboy chute discovery.

2) Cossey, for some reason or other, always kept his telephone and address freely available in the phone book, both online and print versions. The online version also gives your age, and possible associations by name.

Here are a few scenarios I've considered...but remember...it's all speculative without further information from the police.

1) Cossey surprised a random burglar who had no prior knowledge of the man, his family, or his living arrangements.

2) Cossey surprised a burglar who knew the family, or was associated with an extended family member, or family friend.

3) A burglar, not associated with any family members in any way, obtained information that Cossey lived alone, and was a senior citizen. And then he was targeted for a burglary.

4) Cooper Nut: Not because of the Cooper case, but because he knew details about Cossey and tried to do a burglary.

5) Cooper Nut: Went to residence specifically to harm Cossey for some twisted reason. This is EXTREMELY unlikely.

I have a 6th possibility that I didn't mention previously, but the truth is I don't like thinking about it. It has to do with anyone who may have stood to gain financially by Cossey's death. The cops will look at that of course, and check for alibis.

All of your possibilites are valid, Robert. I am merely offering a view of why someone might want to kill Cossey over DB Cooper related issues.

This begs a much bigger and more grounded question: How does the FBI orchestrate its public image? How does it decide what to tell the public and when?

Are there guidelines for that process? If so, what are they? More specifically, who makes those determinations in Seattle regarding Norjak?

One of the things I am learning by posting at the DZ is how many people really don't like conspiracies. They abhor the discussion of them, as if they are some kind of infectious disease that will rot their brain tissue.

On the other hand, I live in a world that is peopled with many folks who see nothing but conspiracies. Frankly I find them boring and not very discerning.

I'm not saying the truth lies in the middle. Rather, I espouse the notion that each mystery has to be considered on its own merits, a case-by-case study of the known facts.

I like Occam. We've had a lot of good times drinking red wine together. That said, truth is often stranger than fiction and I have been around long enough to know that Big Power and Big Money are potent forces that like to stay in the shadows.

One of the things I am learning by posting at the DZ is how many people really don't like conspiracies. They abhor the discussion of them, as if they are some kind of infectious disease that will rot their brain tissue.

On the other hand, I live in a world that is peopled with many folks who see nothing but conspiracies. Frankly I find them boring and not very discerning.

I'm not saying the truth lies in the middle. Rather, I espouse the notion that each mystery has to be considered on its own merits, a case-by-case study of the known facts.

I like Occam. We've had a lot of good times drinking red wine together. That said, truth is often stranger than fiction and I have been around long enough to know that Big Power and Big Money are potent forces that like to stay in the shadows.

Try this - right off the DZ ads page - this is your
answer to total self reliance on a deserted Pacific
island! :D

http://power4patriots.com/video/index-c.php

Most mediums reach a point where they pass out
just on the brink of some crucial decision - I note
Aamazon is silent so I will demur too to let the
villagers settle the debate: goat vs chicken vs fish.

mosel alequm halawaah kolnafti ..
:D

Bruce Stated:

Suppose the puppet master didn't trust Coss to keep his secrets for a 42nd year.

;)
Observation:
Creepy! Maybe he is lurking RIGHT here on this thread, Bruce!
Thread carefully - you have been dealing with the Devil himself!

[:/]:| Maybe you are next!
YOU think?

Bruce Stated:

Observation:
Creepy! Maybe he is lurking RIGHT here on this thread, Bruce!
Thread carefully - you have been dealing with the Devil himself!

[:/]:| Maybe you are next!
YOU think?

With Jo, Blevins, and Bruce jumping to all kinds of conspiracy theories, maybe the Cooper thread should just admit the impossibility of keeping a straight face here and join Bob Knoss over on the Screwballs and Nutcases forum.

Knoss would probably appreciate the company.

Robert99

Robert 99 stated:

With Jo, Blevins, and Bruce jumping to all kinds of conspiracy theories, maybe the Cooper thread should just admit the impossibility of keeping a straight face here and join Bob Knoss over on the Screwballs and Nutcases forum.

Knoss would probably appreciate the company.

The above was stated by Robert99!

Jo states:

Robert99 U do not have ONE ounce of humor in your body!
What I said was a joke - I was trying to steer Bruce and Blevins away from the postings they did!

WHY! Because someone needed to do it! I have NOT been posting because of the things that are being said in the thread and the direction it has taken.

Note: Others are also NOT posting!

I don't think it was a conspiracy. Not at all. Tell me where I said it was...

You and Jo always think the FBI is part of a conspiracy to keep The Absolute Truth from being revealed about such things as the Amboy chute or the fact that Everybody Knows that Duane Weber was D.B. Cooper.

In my humble opinion, it is beyond belief that anyone would murder Cossey because of his connection to the Cooper case.

EXCEPT, Cooper himself may have returned from the dead to settle the score because he felt that Cossey had downplayed his non-existent parachuting skills 42 years ago.

My prediction is that the murderer will be caught within a month or two (it takes a while for the prosecutors to get their ducks lined up) and will be in his late teens or early 20's. He/She may have had an accomplice or two about the same age. It was probably a home robbery that was interrupted by Cossey's return home late that night.

Robert99

WOW - Robert99 made a joke!

Cooper himself may have returned from the dead to settle the score because he felt that Cossey had downplayed his non-existent parachuting skills 42 years ago.
Robert99

Conspiracy? Not hardly! Not Jo!
I have said Duane Weber was involved in some "stuff" over the yrs. But, I do not believe the Cooper incident was a Conspiracy!

I admit I DO believe Weber was involved in some SHIT from 1962 until 1968 and then on again and off again until 1983.
A LOT of strange things happened - things that indicated Duane was involved in stuff and it was not just his being a thief or having a criminal background he was hiding from me.

Start with the Red Hen or Red Rooster. My mind no longer can keep track of these things, but that was the 1st caution light! I wish I could remember if that was before or after we went to WA in 1979. I remember it was a Sunday and the hotel. I did not need a jacket. It was off season because the area had no traffic.
There was just the hotel and bar -no town. The owner and the bartender and the bodyguard.

Owner was heavy set and with this unusual ring - horseshoe and very large. Dark hair.

The body Guard was TALL - maybe 6'4" and he had light hair.
About my age at the time - early 40's.

The owner took Duane & I up to one of the rooms - a room a movie star stayed in. Duane complimented him on the renovations done. Duane used to either stay there or work there per the conversation. Talked about using the original furnishing.

After we go back to the restuarant / bar - I am told to sit at the bar and served a drink. Duane and the 2 guys are in the corner. Suddenly the conversation heats up. Duane is coming toward me and tells me to STAY IN FRONT of him. I asked him what was wrong and what he said I have never repeated...to a soul and will not. When we get to the car he remains infront of me until I am in the car and then he quickly goes to the drivers side and we leave. He was shaken up and it was obvious. He never told me what this was about - the explanation he gave me did NOT fit the circumstances and I never did ask again.

Now tell me again Duane was not involved in some kind of racket!

Yrs ago I told this story and I know I left a part of it out tonight, but at my age I guess it is OK to forget somethings. Seems like it was about something the man said. Two story Brick with a front door on the corner...at that time it was a hotel. Now I think it is a restaurant and other shops. Was a hole in the wall kind of place, but probably has built up now.

"You know, I don't begrudge Geoffrey Gray at all -- He seems like a nice guy and I enjoyed his book. I actually wish he'd gone into even more detail in his book on the case files, and I'd buy a follow-up."

Absolutely. But if he wrote what he believes he would get sued. Anybody who comes close to speaking the truth will find trouble. Only fabricators are allowed to act as truthsayers. Truthsayers are declared fabricators. Everything is upside down and backwards. It was planned to be that way.

Have you discussed this with the walrus.... goo goo ga goob????

"Goo goo ga goob?" And you are criticizing me for not acting like an adult here? ........

MeyerLouie

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH... That is the sound most people heard as you missed the reference.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Responding to the other childish personal attacks.. is pointless.

But apparently that doesn't stop you from doing it -- hey I'm tired of this pissing contest, how about you?

MeyerLouie

MeyerLouie

Robert99

Rataczak told me that Cooper had meals delivered for the four crew members. They were in Styrofoam containers and placed on the front seats of First Class. The crew never ate them, nor did Cooper. Rather, the German Shepherds who came aboard at Reno first devoured the food before they did anything else, according to Bill when I spoke with him in 2009.

Okay, Cooper didn't take any of the delivered food, I got that. However, Robert99 says Cooper probably took some peanuts and other little packaged goodies from the galley, in the back of the plane. In terms of survival, that makes sense -- those little bundles of protein are going to hold you over -- for a while anyway. They're compact, nutritious, and easy to carry.

Again, my points is still intact -- taking this kind of food, along with the dummy chute (to fashion a pancho, lean-to, and/or foot protection), may indicate Cooper was planning to brave the elements that night. A cold, windy, rainy night in the woods is bone-chilling -- hypothermia is a real possibility, and it wouldn't have taken that long (a few hours) for it to set in on a night like that. Cooper had to have planned for that inevitability. It's possible he had wilderness survival expertise and maybe even more jumping experience than we are giving him credit for. A paratrooper -- out of McChord, maybe?

One thing is for sure, the guy had nerves of steel -- he was cool as a cumcumber in an incredibly intense, highly stressed situation. To put himself in that situation, under those cirucmstances -- well....the guy's got balls as big as my house. Incredible. Where does a guy like that come from anyway?

MeyerLouie