47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Update on Cossey: 9 am, Saturday, April 27. 2013

1. Coss' cell phone still works. Left message.
2. Called his ex's cell phone. She hung up on me, but not before saying, "I'm sorry. We're not talking to the news."
3. Sgt Cindi West, PIO of the King County Sheriff's Dept would not release any names or confirm if the victim is Coss. She said she would have to wait for the Medical Examiner to release their report.

Nevertheless, she was very eager to hear of the connection between Cossey and the FBI regarding Norjak, namely, that Coss was a principal architect of the FBI's perspective that DBC was an idiot who had only minimal sky diving skills and died in the jump.

4. I'm off to Woodinville in a borrowed vehicle. TG for generous friends with a spare car.

2. Called his ex's cell phone. She hung up on me, but not before saying, "I'm sorry. We're not talking to the news."
3. Sgt Cindi West, PIO of the King County Sheriff's Dept would not release any names or confirm if the victim is Coss. She said she would have to wait for the Medical Examiner to release their report.

Nevertheless, she was very eager to hear of the connection between Cossey and the FBI regarding Norjak, namely, that Coss was a principal architect of the FBI's perspective that DBC was an idiot who had only minimal sky diving skills and died in the jump.

4. I'm off to Woodinville in a borrowed vehicle. TG for generous friends with a spare car.

Investigators tell KIRO 7 that the man's daughter
found the body Friday night in the man's garage with
a head wound.

The man's daughter apparently had not heard from
her father for several days, and went to check on him,
West says.

Property records show the man who owns the house is
71 year old Earl J. Cossey. - KIROTV News

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/local/police-woodinville-mans-death-suspicious/nXZLK/

Investigators tell KIRO 7 that the man's daughter
found the body Friday night in the man's garage with
a head wound.

The man's daughter apparently had not heard from
her father for several days, and went to check on him,
West says.

Property records show the man who owns the house is
71 year old Earl J. Cossey. - KIROTV News

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/local/police-woodinville-mans-death-suspicious/nXZLK/

I'm sure the conspiracy theories will be coming soon!!!
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I guess Cossey never played basketball or had any grand children?

this is the house where Cossey lives, even though no signs of a walker were found outside B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

this is the house where Cossey lives, even though no signs of a walker were found outside B|

No doubt the basket ball hoop is a hold over, from
when Cossey's wife played for the Celtics, while he
watched from his wheel chair.

Wasn't it Cossey's wife who said: "ich bin ein Berliner"
the afternoon that Cossey jumped from a 727 in his
wheelchair, over Berlin? I think there's a whole thread
here at Dropzone about that ... ?

:$

This site is saying it's been ruled a homicide....

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Sheriff-Woodinville-mans-death-ruled-a-homicide-205013021.html.

Of course, events of the recent past have once again shown that you can't always rely on what you get via the media or on the internet...:(

But. unfortunately looking like things are adding up to suggest it's him. Sad news.

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Sheriff-Woodinville-mans-death-ruled-a-homicide-205013021.html.

Of course, events of the recent past have once again shown that you can't always rely on what you get via the media or on the internet...:(

But. unfortunately looking like things are adding up to suggest it's him. Sad news.

Unless family, friends, or neighbors talk, looks like police will not be releasing identity until Monday......Another article..
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Body-found-at-home-of-DB-Cooper-parachute-packer-4468dropzone172.php
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Unless family, friends, or neighbors talk, looks like police will not be releasing identity until Monday......Another article..
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Body-found-at-home-of-DB-Cooper-parachute-packer-4468dropzone172.php

sadly I think we can say with a 99.9% chance it's him......

Yes...I agree.
Of course the caveat....looks like he did own some other property so it's possible he could have been renting to someone or someone else was living with him. And it would be like Cossey to give people time to speculate before setting the record straight :) I would imagine that he had friends or acquaintances on this site. Likely we'll know more soon.

Cossey's phone and address have always been available publicly. And that info matches the scene of the murder. KOMO news is saying it's him, and they are known in Seattle as being a very reliable news source. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be Cossey.

(*says a few swear words and feels bad*) Whoever did this is going to friggin' pay. I never met the guy, but I'm sure he didn't deserve whatever happened to him. My money goes on either a burglar, a crackhead, or some friggin' Cooper Nut. My only caveat is that I hope Smokin99 is right somehow, and it's someone else who was in the house. But the daughter-discovery being mentioned makes it sound unlikely. Does anyone know if Cossey had a daughter? I know zip about his family.

Well first of all, I can't find anywhere that is definitively saying it's him, but I agree with Shutter that it looks more likely than not. That said......

You know I have stayed away from your posts because at times it looks like people are piling on, but I really can't believe that you posted this on another website... "This is extremely sad. And although there could be any number of reasons why Cossey was killed, there are a few things you should know. First, I'm the guy who wrote a recent book on DB Cooper titled 'Into The Blast'. And during my research on this book, I discovered two things. First, Cossey's address and phone have been unlisted and publicly available at Dex Knows for years. Second, there are a lot of 'Cooper Nuts' out there. I know, I have met many of them either personally or on the internet. Cossey often spoke to people on the phone about Cooper, depending on his mood, but he was generally known as a nice guy. I would first check his phone records, see if any calls come from people known to be working on the Cooper case. My sincerest sympathies to the family. If you want to see what Cooperland is all about, see my article at Newsvine here:" http://adventurebooks.newsvine.com/_news/2013/01/16/16519136-skyjacker-db-cooper-part-1-of-3-welcome-to-cooperland Really Blevins?

I'm sorry, but sometimes I seriously wonder about some of you guys..

:oThat ARTICLE came down PRETTY fAST. It was available and now it is not!
Time 5:05 Central time.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

he forgot to mention the basketball hoop, he could of blown the case wide open.......

"G" is right, he has no control!!!

Robert, to this date how many Cooper nuts have been arrested for charges relating to the Cooper case?
where do you feel as if a Cooper nut did such a thing?

perhaps you need to seek your own advice about common sense!!

Spammer comes to mind though........

:oThat ARTICLE came down PRETTY fAST. It was available and now it is not!
Time 5:05 Central time.

Operator error, I suspect. ;). Let me try that again....
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Body-found-at-home-of-DB-Cooper-parachute-packer-4468172.php

YEP! That was a GOOD one. Probably the OPERATOR - this one with NO computer training and dial-up connection.:|

Robert replies: Hey. I made that book FREE starting at midnight, as a sort of tribute to Cossey, who is mentioned here and there in it. I didn't know what else I could do, other than send flowers to the family...and I am already doing that as soon as verification comes through. These things do not make me a bad guy. I am NOT going up there, as Bruce Smith is currently doing, to make contact with the family. I would not do that. I'm not saying Bruce is a bad guy either, but I do draw the line at certain things.

And WTF shouldn't I toss a Cooper Nut into the possible list of suspects? I did say first that I thought it was either a crackhead or a burglar, and those possibilities are much more likely. I can't imagine Cossey having any real enemies. Tell me with a straight face that a Cooper Nut didn't at least cross your mind once. The guy is totally public out there, unlike almost everyone else who has had a connection to the case. He's even been known to talk to people who come to the damn door uninvited. I hope they catch whomever did this s%#t, and friggin' fast.

If you don't get all of the reasons why posting that was wrong, not the least of which is because you don't even know definitively that it was him, then I don't know what to tell you. And your rationalization is even worse. Posting a link to to your website to an article talking about people on this forum is a tribute to a person that was just killed?? Really??
It appears that you're either trying to insinuate yourself into an investigation, trying to gain your 15 mins, get internet traffic, or you're just totally clueless, tasteless, or mean. Or maybe you seriously need to take a break from this Cooper crap. I don't know Robert, maybe ask someone at AB Books whether your post was a good idea. Ask Gayla. Sometimes a pre-submit conference with someone that doesn't have a dog in the fight is a good idea.

I hate to clue you, but a totally dispassionate person reading this forum might view you as one of those "nuts", so be careful of stone throwing, hon.

Note: Not to knock on the Seattle PI too much, but I would trust KING, KIRO, KOMO, or Seattle Times sources more than the PI.

I apologize if some of my posts and references were over the top back there. Guess I'm pretty upset. I just couldn't figure out why a guy who never hurt anyone in his life ended up like that in his own garage. I feel pretty sad about the whole thing. And angry, I guess.

Robert, people are killed for the stupidest reasons known. the fact of pointing out individuals or groups is in poor taste.

we have zero evidence of how and why this all went down, by trying to fill in the gaps of a crime is ridiculous at this time of the investigation.

this is very rare for Woodinville, no murders since 2001, but plenty of thefts and robberies!

http://thorns2roses.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/from-trutv-com-top-10-killed-for-stupid-reasons/

Note: Not to knock on the Seattle PI too much, but I would trust KING, KIRO, KOMO, or Seattle Times sources more than the PI.

I apologize if some of my posts and references were over the top back there. Guess I'm pretty upset. I just couldn't figure out why a guy who never hurt anyone in his life ended up like that in his own garage. I feel pretty sad about the whole thing. And angry, I guess.

NP. Just not something I would have posted. You are right. It is sad and my heart goes out to his family and friends. Like I said, there are probably some folks registered on this site that know him personally.
I do agree with Shutter that it would be useless to speculate on anything at this point. My fervent wish is that it is not connected even remotely to anything Cooper related. I want Cooper to stay in the spotlight, but not at the cost of someone's life.

No doubt the basket ball hoop is a hold over, from

here at Dropzone about that ... ?

:$

Georger: Twisting Cossey possibly being MURDERED into a sick joke is really a new low for you. Have some sympathy, use some common sense please.

My sincerest sympathies go out to Cossey's family.

Uhhhh ... ain dit chu been chewhin his integrity a new asshole here - for years!?

Play it again, Sham Wow Double Stannard.

Of course it is sad.

I am sorry for your loss!

I know you were close to him, and his credibility.

Take a front row seat at his funeral whydoncha!

Be all teary eyed and Put on a good show.

Take your cat and your beagle.

What murder? I haven't read your 3 pages of
combative accusational authoritative editorials yet ???
Why? Has your poor opinion of the living Cossey
changed in death? Do you now believe he knew silk
when he saw it, and you haven;t seen it? Have you had a new vision of Cossey?
B|

Georger: Don't try to sidetrack or weasel. Your post is what it is. Can't believe you re-posted it. And the only time I came down on Cossey was about the April Fool joke he played on the Seattle reporter. I've never even met him.

You got a lot of nerve trying to twist your post back around to make it sound justified. As if I were the cause of YOUR post. If you were 'sad' about it...you wouldn't be making jokes like this:

' No doubt the basket ball hoop is a hold over, from

here at Dropzone about that ... ?'

:S:S:S

Hey dipstick. Calm down. Cool your jealousy for once!

Let me read the rest of today;s posts before you jump
trying to scratch my eyes out ... you jealous vamp.

Didnt we know that this morning?

Old man dead in house.
Daughter calls to see if her (old) father is ok,. no answer.
Daughter goes over to house and finds (an old man) dead.
Only one old man living at 44 Perkins Road.

1+1+1=

or is this trollscience?

Cossey's phone and address have always been available publicly. And that info matches the scene of the murder. KOMO news is saying it's him, and they are known in Seattle as being a very reliable news source. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be Cossey.

(*says a few swear words and feels bad*) Whoever did this is going to friggin' pay. I never met the guy, but I'm sure he didn't deserve whatever happened to him. My money goes on either a burglar, a crackhead, or some friggin' Cooper Nut. My only caveat is that I hope Smokin99 is right somehow, and it's someone else who was in the house. But the daughter-discovery being mentioned makes it sound unlikely. Does anyone know if Cossey had a daughter? I know zip about his family.

Well first of all, I can't find anywhere that is definitively saying it's him, but I agree with Shutter that it looks more likely than not. That said......

You know I have stayed away from your posts because at times it looks like people are piling on, but I really can't believe that you posted this on another website... "This is extremely sad. And although there could be any number of reasons why Cossey was killed, there are a few things you should know. First, I'm the guy who wrote a recent book on DB Cooper titled 'Into The Blast'. And during my research on this book, I discovered two things. First, Cossey's address and phone have been unlisted and publicly available at Dex Knows for years. Second, there are a lot of 'Cooper Nuts' out there. I know, I have met many of them either personally or on the internet. Cossey often spoke to people on the phone about Cooper, depending on his mood, but he was generally known as a nice guy. I would first check his phone records, see if any calls come from people known to be working on the Cooper case. My sincerest sympathies to the family. If you want to see what Cooperland is all about, see my article at Newsvine here:" http://adventurebooks.newsvine.com/_news/2013/01/16/16519136-skyjacker-db-cooper-part-1-of-3-welcome-to-cooperland Really Blevins?

I'm sorry, but sometimes I seriously wonder about some of you guys..

As I said, Blevins should sit in the front row at the
funeral, and hold the ex wife's gloves for her, ...

Am I surprised Blevins wrote the above?

No.

We were foretold of his coming.

It's in Blevilations. You can read that at Newsvine!

Lets have a moment of silence for Cossey - and forget
the opportunista guy no matter how he milks this for
personal advertizing and gain for himself and
Adventure Books!

For it is written: 'The Low shall be made High, the
Small shall be made Great, and the Trivial Obtuse
shall be Supersized at Bookmart - buy your copy
today!

B|

B|

A man is dead and U 2 are arguing. Belvins was wrong, but 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Both of U need to chill and Belvins should not be putting his twist on to the loss of a human being he did not know.

U Georger need to ignore Blevins.
Chew your fingernails or bite your lip. I swear you two act like 3rd graders.

Blevins definitely puts the cart before the horse in his opinions and dramatizes them - to the point one wishes they had an IGNORE button on the DZ.

U Georger just JUMP off a cliff when he posts - and most times U have not brought yourself up-to-date on the prior postings. Frankly I think until the facts are presented the most respectful thing is to just wait for the facts to come out.

Then if U guys want to do the KENNEDY thing have at it! Why put fear and negatives into this unfortunate incident....perhaps they will have a suspect behind bars before Monday. Face it - because Cossey was involved in the Cooper research and vocal regarding his area of knowledge does NOT justify either one of you spouting off.

We should all reserve judgement and STOP posting about this until the facts are known. I have my opinions and fears, but reserve those for one on one exchanges at this time.

Exchanged several conversations with Cossey since 1998. Of course I know IOTA about chutes, so I didn't understand anything, but answers to the simple questions. Cossey was a man of few words and he was blunt and to the point.

I have pictures of him he sent to me with the different chutes on....I was trying to ID that piece of hardware Duane kept. I spoke to both Cossey and the other man and even then there was controversary going on between those two. Don't think even today I understand who had what and who packed what.