47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Hard to believe NO one ever looked for the REASON Cooper chose Portland and the flight that was chosen. Just does NOT seem random other than Boeing 727's flew out of it and he was familiar with it.

Why did Cooper choose a flight out of Portland? How long did it take him to find a location that particular Boeing was flying out of? Was it simply because he was familiar with the area? Was he involved in something over the past regarding the area - I think he waited to last to board because he wanted to make sure NO one boarded that might recognize him.

No one is trying to make a board game out of this - I hate games.
I frankly believe his choice of location was a clue to who he was.

Duane was more than familiar with the Boeings, but he would not have been affected by the lay offs.

He did have family directly involved with Boeing and also friends....but of no importance to Duane.

Hughes Helicopters? I do not know enough about that to comment because I do NOT know how deep Hughes involvement with Boeing was. This was mentioned in a couple of conversations, but I just didn't understand it or why the conversation transpired in the first place....it was a discussion between the guys and I am of course a girl and stuff like that did not interest ding-a-lings.

Some of the things I listed came up in conversations during our 17 yr marriage....but in no detail.

Why the mention of St Louis has any bearing on the past of Weber I do not know. Just did!

Needless to say the mention of Collins and Radios - is why the re-organiztion was of interest. Duane's continued interest in communications and his knowledge of them...it was not just his communication system, but his friendship with air traffic controllers...and his knowledge of the stuff.

He had to have been exposed to communications more than the average JOE.

Would this have become an enviromental issue with the disposal of recyle waste. Hardly seems likely - since his throwing a paper bag in the River was NOT out of the ordinary. Perhaps it was because he worked the area when he was imprisoned there in 1940's. Maybe he fell in love with the area - and figured it was a good place to die.

Some of the names seem familiar. Perhaps because they are just common names and names in my research of the area.

Wilson, Thornton ., 1943-1987
Atwood, John Leland "Lee", 1934-1978
Kindelberger, James H. "Dutch", 1934-1962

Hughes, Howard

Jeppesen, Elrey B., Jeppesen & Co., 1934-1974
Stearman, Lloyd C., Stearman

At least it was constructive to me, but since U guys do not seem to think it is of interest, perhaps that was the mind set of the FBI in 1971. Pehaps they did NOT look hard enough to find out why Cooper chose that specific area and that specific plane!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo wrote

Needless to say the mention of Collins and Radios - is why the re-organiztion was of interest. Duane's continued interest in communications and his knowledge of them...it was not just his communication system, but his friendship with air traffic controllers...and his knowledge of the stuff.

Collins never made CB radios. Art Collins and USAF Gen. Curtis LeMay were buddies and fellow ham radio operators. Together they revolutionized HF radio comms for the Strategic Air Command by adopting SSB and phasing out AM. Sen. Barry Goldwater, also a ham, was the third man in the Collins SSB Troika. Collins made a fortune supplying SSB HF radios to the USAF starting with the vacuum tube ARC 58 transceiver and continuing to this day.

I used to work for Hughes. Hughes Helicopter was separate from Hughes Aircraft. Boeing, with its Vertol division, was a helo competitor.
McDonnel Douglas (St. Louis) eventually bought Hughes Helo. Boeing eventually bought McDonnel Douglas and also the Space and Communications group of Hughes Aircraft.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

BK also says the chest mount reserve was rigged as a back mounted main by Duane and used for the Norjack jump. This makes zero sense and wasnt even possible with the rigs supplied.

Okay..... BK may be really off on that one, but is he the only one? We can't even get the straight story on the parachutes themselves -- the "Cossey scandal" still leaves me confused. What's the real story? Who really packed and delivered the parachutes, and what's the real deal with the dummy chute, and which two (it was two, right?) chutes did Cooper actually take? I've heard lots of things on this issue, and maybe I need to do my own research on it.

Meyer Louie

I was not on the airplane, I was present at the training session where Duane Weber (using the name Dan Cooper or "Coop") was told to mount the front chute on the back with parachute cord to provide an area where "Dan" said he wanted to tie the money across his front. Now you can argue til you are blue in the face. I wrote down every word of that entire conversation in my notes and I remember the entire thing from those notes just like replaying a color film. Sorry, but I will NEVER be swayed from what really happened. What happened on the plane might have been different, but from the feedback given to me, everything was exactly according to instructions. I did not get everything, like how he got his boots aboard, but he did have them. Mac said so. Sometimes you just gotta take a leap of faith.

bullshit

That is about the biggest load of bovine excrement I have ever heard in the annals of parachuting.. DUUUUUUUUDE get a fucking grip on a modicum of reality. That amount of afro-engineering of some wild ass lashup could only work in the fucking Twilight Zone.

Seriously... take up stamp collecting or something less prone to inducing hallucinations..

Hey it could happen! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Airtwardo wrote (about BKs bizzare rig story)

Hey it could happen!

Now there's a man with an open mind.

How would you pull the ripcord? Oh, I get it. Just lash some suspension line to the handle and tie the other end around your wrist. Makes sense.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

Collins never made CB radios. Art Collins and USAF Gen. Curtis LeMay were buddies and fellow ham radio operators. Together they revolutionized HF radio comms for the Strategic Air Command by adopting SSB and phasing out AM. Sen. Barry Goldwater, also a ham, was the third man in the Collins SSB Troika. Collins made a fortune supplying SSB HF radios to the USAF starting with the vacuum tube ARC 58 transceiver and continuing to this day.

I used to work for Hughes. Hughes Helicopter was separate from Hughes Aircraft. Boeing, with its Vertol division, was a helo competitor.
McDonnel Douglas (St. Louis) eventually bought Hughes Helo. Boeing eventually bought McDonnel Douglas and also the Space and Communications group of Hughes Aircraft.

377, To add a bit to your points about Howard Hughes properties.

Hughes Aircraft was basically not involved with aircraft except maybe (probably) the "Spruce Goose" program which started during WW2. Hughes Aircraft was basically a space and electronics operation.

Hughes Tool Company had an aircraft division of one type or another and it did a "hot cycle" helicopter project for the US Army in the mid-1960s. Hughes Helicopter was not involved in that project.

When Howard Hughes died, his heirs decided to devote his estate's assets to medical research, which Hughes had been interested in, and sold off the assets since they were not interested in running them.

Refocusing Hughes estate's finances made a lot of lawyers rich but Melvin Dummar (or whatever his name was) failed in his attempt to benefit from the estate.

But the always constant thing about Hughes was that he would NEVER share ownership of a property with anyone. That is partly why he lost TWA.

Robert99

Robert 99 wrote

Hughes Aircraft was basically not involved with aircraft except maybe (probably) the "Spruce Goose" program which started during WW2. Hughes Aircraft was basically a space and electronics operation.

True. No planes, just sats and electronics. HAC made some REALLY amazing toys for the military and spooks.

I got to read the maintenance reports on the flying boat. It was kept in an air conditioned hanger but the wooden airframe structure was gradually absorbing more and more moisture. A story told to me as true was that in the late 70s the US Navy seriously considered using it to do WIG research (wing in ground effect) as the Russian WIG craft caught the west by surprise. The problem was that there were no established and validated methods for verifying the structural integrity of the wooden laminate airframe.

Hughes did have their own attack bomber air force, a fleet of Navy A3 Whales that flew out of Van Nuys testing radar gear. The Navy reportedly loaned the planes to Hughes then forgot about them. One guy told me that the Navy had literally lost the paperwork on the planes and didn't want them back. They were eventually retired. I got a Navy NB8 rig from one of them. No ejection seats. Just a slide.

Cardboard T-shirt on a gerbil? That is one of the worst metaphors I've ever heard Blevins. Of all the metaphors you could have picked....well, at least, you tried.

It's so bad that it's funny. Give us some others from time to time Blevins.

Jumping from 18,000 ft on Sat with video cam, radios, data loggers and home brewed telemetry gear. Still quite cold up there even in sunny California.

Got some new goggles that have a tiny color LCD screen inside that gives baro altitude, GPS derived glide ratio and other cool stuff.

Can ya tell I like gadgets?

I can tell, 377. Hoping you have a good and safe jump this weekend.

Blevins actually borrowed that horrible metaphor from the internet, he didn't make it up. Blevins, you may have better luck YouTubing on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts -- you can get some pretty good material there -- most of the jokes were hilarious.

Getting back to the case: I have been trying to find aerial photographs from 1970-1971. In particular I want historical aerial photographs of the area bordered on the north by Ariel and Lake Merwin, south by Basket Flat Road, East by Yacolt, and west by Kelly Road. Trouble is this area is mostly private land. It is not on the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, like I had hoped. If it was, then I could contact the Forest Service and get someone to help me get access to the old maps.

I know the Forest Service uses aerial photos for stand exams, they are pretty good quality. I used them when I worked for the Forest Service years ago. I'm pretty sure one can get access to those old aerial photos. I think we used the USGS aerial maps for stand exams, I know the Forest Service didn't do their own aerial photos.

I talked to a silviculturist in the Vancouver Office of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest last week. He suggested I try USGS-Utah, Aerial Photography. I did. Then I googled 'Farm Service Bureau', 'Historical Aerial Photography', and got into the APFO website (Aerial Photography Field Office). It looks promising. You can fill out an order form and order the aerial photos you want. In addition, they have a customer service number you can call to get help.

My question: has anyone ordered historical photos from APFO or NAPP (National Aerial Photography Program -- another imagery program)? If you were successful in getting vintage photos, I'd be interested in talking with you about that.

MeyerLouie

Without going into any detail I do NOT understand, I will simply state - this. Depending on what the plane was used for - they did have plane to ground communications. Back in the day when they surveyed property from the air - they had ground contact - how some of the decent maps of forestry areas were made.

Smokejumper planes had Ground Contact...and one of the jumpers carried a radio to the ground with them. There was one story in a book where they had to work at making the equipment less bulky for the jumper who carried in the communications.

In certain situations the planes had CB to ground contact - it was escential for the forestry and the smoke jumpers.

Map makers (not really sure what they did, but they did communicate with the ground at trianglulation points...with the ground crews).

So 377 - you need to talk to some old timers in surveying and jumping into fires. Evidently Duane had his system set up to be able to communicate with plane - because it actually happened and MORE than once.

Perhaps the system he had was modified by himself or the person who installed it. I just know that one man who did some work for Duane could NOT understand why HE had the system he did. It was NOT a system normally used even by truckers. I wish he was still alive and I wish I had understood more about what he was talking about so I could explain it.

I had to see this man about something else (for my work) and I mentioned he had worked on my husbands CB. He was the one who mentioned how different it was - perhaps even being illegal - if I got the drift of it. THis was after Duane's obtained the John Collins Id. in 1990.

That ID still has me puzzled - how or why the FBI missed checking to see if he had alread acquired the license. It was the John Collins Id in the hidden wallet - and it was REAL! The receipt for it was there - had been obtained the same day he tried to obtain the one in Santa Rosa County. The FBI looked STRAIGHT at this DL and did NOT get it. The receipt was in the wallet - replacement of lost license and yet Duane had a drivers license for Duane L. Weber.

There was so much the FBI just did NOT catch it all.

Jo wrote

In certain situations the planes had CB to ground contact - it was escential for the forestry and the smoke jumpers.

Map makers (not really sure what they did, but they did communicate with the ground at trianglulation points...with the ground crews).

So 377 - you need to talk to some old timers in surveying and jumping into fires. Evidently Duane had his system set up to be able to communicate with plane - because it actually happened and MORE than once.

Jo,

You need to talk with some old timers in radio comms. They will tell you that CB radios were never used in USFS smoke jumper to plane comms. I know a ham who specializes in the history of USFS comm gear and has quite a collecrtion. NONE of it works in the Citizens Band (27 MHz). It's mostly VHF FM gear.

To be fair to you however, I did find mention of CB radios and national forest comms in some 1995 USFS regs:

http://www.fs.fed.us/im/directives/fsh/6609.14/6609.14_40

41.39 - Citizens Band Radio Usage. Forests may utilize frequencies
allocated to the Citizens Band (CB) Radio Service under Part 95, Subpart
D of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Rules, if there is
justification to demonstrate that such an assignment is necessary for
intercommunications with non-Government stations.

Ensure that operations by Federal Government stations are in accordance
with all applicable FCC Rules and Regulations. Ensure that transmitters
are operated only by employees of the Forest Service and only for the
purpose of communicating with non-Government entities to coordinate
essential and mutual activities. Prohibit communications between Federal
Government entities.

Regional Frequency Managers should provide guidelines to the forests in
proper use of CB Radio frequencies (FSM 6640.42a). A RFA is issued as a
Region-wide assignment for all Forest Service activities within the
Region.

Jo, note that this use of CB in the Forest Service was only for comms with non govt users. It was probably put in place to allow rangers to talk to recreational park users who were stranded or needed assistance.

Forest Service aircraft never had CB radios.

You insist that Duane had his CB modified so that he could communicate with aircraft and truckers on the same radio. I say no way.

I'm watching a documentary on TCM from 1989. "FOR ALL MANKIND". Just wanted to recommend it if anyone's interested and can catch it sometime. It's pretty fascinating.

Blurbs From Wiki:
The film provides 80 minutes of real NASA footage, taken on the Apollo missions of the 1960s and 1970s. The director made the film after learning that huge amounts of footage shot by astronauts had been archived by NASA without ever being seen by the public. Al Reinert and editor Susan Korda sifted through six million feet of film footage, and 80 hours of NASA interviews to create the documentary. ... the original mission footage is provided along with the voices of the astronauts, from interviews and from the actual mission recordings.

... although the documentary purports to show a single moon mission, it is in fact a collage of footage from all six successful Apollo lunar landing missions. Furthermore, some images are presented out of context: the images of rocket stage separation are test footage shot during earlier missions; a shot used to represent Trans Lunar Injection is in fact footage of a Gemini mission re-entry; and some images of a spacewalk are from an earlier Gemini mission, not Apollo.
Also... among those providing narration are Jim Lovell, Michael Collins, Charles Conrad, Jack Swigert, and Ken Mattingly.

Really neat the way they put this together...
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Here is the deal guy's All that is needed is to hit the woods and search the entire area. There are many people that will join the search especially from the Portland and Clark county area. I can get News stations to help sponser this search, There could be as many as a Million people ready to search the area on a certain date. Ralph and I will brief all on what to look for and designate search areas and what to look for. No stone would be unturned.This Date can be set for June. A lot of this is already being coordinated. I only have one request of DropZone all of you that are realy comitted to solving this case please offer your expertice and show up for the search. It will be a three day period.Amazon your knowledge of the area and your comitment to this search as an advisor would be greatly appreaciated. Meyer louie your attendence is requested do to your experience in the area.The area to be searched will be the Washougal water shed ,Salmon creek watershed ,Lacamas watershed lewis river water shed. This way all areas can be put to rest.What we will be looking for is a Chute any thing in question will be identified all mounds of dirt will be overturned. Jerry

Good luck on the search Jerry. The rig is out there somewhere. If Cooper went in, the rig is out there. If he lived, the rig is out there as it would make zero sense to take it with him.

Pigs can be trained to recognize objects and fetch them. They have sensitive noses and are intelligent. Crows have been trained to recognize discarded coins and bring them back for a food reward. Maybe animals could help.

Military parachute rigs have a distinctive smell that appears to come from the webbing material. I noticed it on my early surplus gear and can still smell it on my more recent vintage NB8. I've been told that it comes from a chemical used to provide UV resistance in nylon material. Amazon, Guru, Jerry, Airtwardo... You know that smell. Its not subtle. I'll bet a dog or pig could be trained to recognize it.

Sorry but I think my days of doing that are long past... I will be in the hospital as of 0600 for heart surgery.

You mean Thursday Morning - oh my! I wish you well on this journey. Had surgeries but NOT on my heart...not yet anyway!

Will be thinking of you!

The land I saw in 1979 was probably owned by a lumber company. The tower was gone.
Back on the paved road the property on my left was fenced and cleared.

2013 - I expect the land was cleared and sold for development. Probably small farm or perhaps a golf course or other development. It would still probably be rural - because I did NOT know were I susposed to be in 2010. NOW I know and I do not know what is there NOW!

JT could never get this cleared for a search - Wish I could get on a plane and go back - since now I know where I was supposed to be - but I only figured it all out the last 3 days I was there and could NOT afford to stay any longer. JT claimed the area was gone over with fine tooth comb and that the area I question is where they found the shoe! I want proof that area was the place the shoe was found in and I don't mean from JT.

JT miss led me before and he will mislead others in the future.
Even when U explain something in detail on the phone - he still doesn't get it. If I could find some old old maps of that area, I believe I could get with in a 1/2 square mile of where the tower used to be. Find out where the tower used to be and then go straight ahead but very slightly to the left and then go forward for a good 1/2 mile or 2 and U will find where the track used to be.

When you find the track Stay on a line from the tower and you will find where there used to be another tower (that particular tower might still be there). Since I do NOT know which direction is which - there are 2 possiblities.
Triangles and put 2 triangles together and you have a marquie. I have told enough to JT for him to find whatever Cooper may have left behind if the ravages of time and development have not completely devoured it.

Frankly I believe Cooper did GO back and retrieved what he buried - but he did that yrs later.
Remember he wasn't thinking DNA back in those days! Just fingerprints.

NOT one soul has ever pinpointed the location of the Amboy find - NOT one! Why keep this a secret other than to keep Cooper hunters off of private property. How would a search over come that obstacle?

If I can get good maps of 1971 versus 1979 - I can pin point the tower location and the shed! That is a given! Need good old maps dated before 1971 and then dated afoter 1979 and also a current map of the same area.

Bet there is a farm or development there now. The land was FLAT (or slightly rolling). Doesn't mean the land 2 miles away was flat!

Skyjack71 comments:

'NOT one soul has ever pinpointed the location of the Amboy find - NOT one! Why keep this a secret other than to keep Cooper hunters off of private property. How would a search over come that obstacle?...'

You can find out where they found the Amboy chute by hooking up with folks at Dona Elliot's place. That whole community lives on Cooper it seems. At least part-time, especially around November. Everyone is well aware of the dollars that flow into the area via Cooper. Most of the locals know where the chute was discovered. They'll even point you to the spot where the Army camped during their search, tell you everything that happened, whose house was gone through, or their outbuildings and property, anything you want to know.

Sure. They'll tell you where it was found, but it's also on private property. It's up to you to talk to the owners and take it from there.

Are you sure about that Blevins? I hung out around Amboy a while back, I asked around, and I didn't find anyone who had knowledge of the exact location of the Amboy chute find. A couple of leads proved to be dead ends, and I heard a story that sounded a little fishy. If everyone knows where the Amboy chute was found, well, that's news to me. It's possible I picked the wrong day and I just didn't find the right people, but it seems to me someone should have been able to point me in the right direction -- and I talked to several folks who lived around Amboy for quite some time. Nothing panned out.

I suppose I should do some more research, but I'm wondering if the exact location of the Amboy chute find was officially documented. Where is it, specifically?

MeyerLouie

I wouldn't post that information publicly. (location of chute) You would have to drive down and hang out, talk to people who come in the door. Many of the locals, the long-term ones, already know. It's a fairly tight-knit community and everyone talks about everything. It wasn't hard to find out, although I had no idea who the family was personally. At the time, I wasn't that interested because I was busy with the video. You can't keep a secret in a town like that. Especially if it's about Cooper.

Blevins:

What you are saying is simply not true. You don't know what you're talking about, again. I was there. You just throw things arouind with no forethought. No problem. Thank God talk is cheap.

MeyerLouie

I wouldn't post that information publicly. (location of chute) You would have to drive down and hang out, talk to people who come in the door. Many of the locals, the long-term ones, already know. It's a fairly tight-knit community and everyone talks about everything. It wasn't hard to find out, although I had no idea who the family was personally. At the time, I wasn't that interested because I was busy with the video. You can't keep a secret in a town like that. Especially if it's about Cooper.

Blevins:

What you are saying is simply not true. You don't know what you're talking about, again. I was there. You just throw things arouind with no forethought. No problem. Thank God talk is cheap.

MeyerLouie

Could be the approach one takes that determines how much info is obtained and the quality of that information....just sayin'

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Blevins:

MeyerLouie

Could be the approach one takes that determines how much info is obtained and the quality of that information....just sayin'

A dyslexic man walks into a bra...

Care to translate from Maroonz into Emglidsh ?

btw, we since already photos have and a Google map
also, yes, of where the parachute was found. or did
"they n them" forget while "briefly reviewed" their
copy of the Palmer report, etc. !?

Play it again Sham Wow Maroonz.

New Orleans was nice. Thanks to Bill Gates and all
at Dynamics Convergence ...

Boeing had several fatal crashes: .

* 08/16/65 Chicago
* 11/08/65 Kentucky
* 11/11/65 Salt Lake
* 07.19/67 Henderson N.C.
* 01/18/67 Los Angles CA
* 09/21/67 Mexico

Remember the PHOTO taken from Salt Lake City - it is posted below.

Was this MAN related to some one on one of those flights? Why did Duane NOT want to be seen by this man? Who was this man?

Duane had an agenda to meet when he went to Salt Lake and then on to WA. Was a relative of this man on a flight to or from one of these locations.

A list of the victims of the Salt Lake and the Los Angles flights might give rise to something very suspicous! Nothing anyone thought to look for - NOT even the FBI! Not even myself!

The Salt Lake photo has bugged me for yrs and yrs and it is time the FBI looked at WHY Duane went to Salt Lake and WHY he wanted a pic of this man! Why Duane did NOT want this man to see him! WHERE did Weber KNOW this man from? What was this mans connection to Duane Weber? ANSWER that QUESTION and U might solve the case!

Again the picture of the SALT LAKE MAN 1979 - DUANE did NOT want to see him. A picture he needed? WHY? Blackmail?

Had to be A REASON Duane did NOT want the man to see him and a REASON why Weber wanted a photo of this man?

The reason on the part of Duane was NOT revenge! So do NOT even go there! WHY would WEBER want a picture of this man, but NOT for this man to SEE him? THAT is the question!

Jo, I never ceased to be amazed about your ability to make meaningless connections and statements.

Boeing did not have those crashes. Various airlines had those accidents. Why don't you get copies of the accident reports and read them.

Are you claiming that Duane needed a picture of the fellow in Salt Lake City so he could blackmail him? Just exactly how would that work?

The only thing you have proven in the last 18 years is that you have a hyperactive imagination.

Robert99

Once I started asking around it didn't take five minutes before I found out where they discovered the chute. Maybe people are just more willing to talk to me than you perhaps. In case you didn't notice, I spoke to practically everyone at Ariel last year while making that hour-long video. :S It's not a Big Secret. LOL. Every real Cooper fan in Ariel and Amboy knows where it was found. Let's get something straight here: Some of you I admire for your work, your courtesy in a difficult discussion, and I actually LIKE you. Others, I wouldn't take your word that day is light and night is dark.

I say bullcrap on that, Blevins. I got told by several people where they thought the Amboy chute was found, and not one of 'em panned out. Just because they say they know doesn't make it so (that's your department). How come Dona didn't even know? She thought she knew, but she didn't really know, and she's lived in the area for years.

No Blevins, you attrack venom because of you, and only you. No one else is to blame. You speak without verifying, you assert without researching -- that's your trademark, and that's why your credibility is in such jeopardy. Only you are to blame for that.

If the Amboy chute find is such common knowledge, then why do some of the DZ participants here not know? I can think of at least two main DZ participants who do not know the exact location of the Amboy chute find. And it's the kind of information that was probably not made public (that's what you said earlier), so tell us, Grasshopper, where does one go to get such good information? It's common knowledge, right? So everyone should know. Tell me, Grasshopper, who really knows (I am not interested anymore in talking to those who think they know)?

MeyerLouie

Jo, I never ceased to be amazed about your ability to make meaningless connections and statements.

Boeing did not have those crashes. Various airlines had those accidents. Why don't you get copies of the accident reports and read them.

Are you claiming that Duane needed a picture of the fellow in Salt Lake City so he could blackmail him? Just exactly how would that work?

The only thing you have proven in the last 18 years is that you have a hyperactive imagination.

Robert99

MY my Robert, I do NOT believe I said Duane was going to BLACKMAIL the man - just that HE did NOT want the MAN to see him. I asked WHY? Would this man have KNOW Weber from the PAST? I just want answers to the QUESTIONS! Who the man was and how he was connected to We ber????? The FACT Duane wanted to go thru Salt Lake and TAKING this photo was HIS only objective in doing so MAKES IT VERY important!

Who?
When?
Why?
Who manufactured all of the above planes that crashed?
I don't have a clue. They are just plane crashes to me. I may have known before, but I have forgotten (old lady syndrome).

WHY Cooper chose N.W. Airlines IS NOT RELEVANT.

Cooper CHOSE the BOEING BECAUSE he knew it could be jumped from the AFT STAIRS. Did the man in the Picture also know the plane could be jumped and maybe this man knew Duane by sight, but NOT by name! YOU think, Robert?

U are the one who DOES not THINK before U reply to my posts! Why so JUMPY, Robert99?
WHY do you take very statement I make as finger pointing? VERY good QUESTION? WHY do any of my remarks agitate you?

AS I have stated before I know little about planes - you are a retired pilot - maybe? Or are U something else all together?

How old did you say U were? If I remember correctly - too young to be Cooper! SO why do U get so upset about certain subjects - are they things I am not suppose to know or talk about?

Robert maybe YOU are the man in the pic or maybe Georger? Someone knows who the man was! WAS the man a FORMER Boeing employee? NOTE these are ALL questions - NOT statements of FACTS!

WHY do you think the WAY you DO?