47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Can we take a break and talk about something DBC related instead of trading insults?

How about dredging? Snowmman went really deep on this topic and so did Georger.

How about investigating whether the story about a debris field of currency shards around Tena Bar is fact or fiction?

How about figuring out where the Amboy chute came from. It was allegedly partially buried. I'd love to see if the attachment hardware on the lower portion of the risers if it was recovered. That would tell me a lot about what the chute might have been used for. If cuts were made to extract the canopy then some portion of the lines and risers are still buried and an excavation could be done. Was there a harness that remained in the ground?

I can find name calling and insults anywhere on the Internet. This used to be one of the few places where substantive DBC conversations took place. Now its just another net cesspool. Can we go back to substantive DBC dialogue once in a while? Non stop flaming gets pretty tiresome.

I wish Quade would look at inequalities in his ban decisions. People who have done worse than Snow, even after warnings and bans, are back on the forum. It must have been Snow telling Q to fk himself, which is admitedly rude and asking for trouble, but it doesnt, in my opinion, deserve an irrevocable permaban.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Can we take a break and talk about something DBC related instead of trading insults?

Insults? To you maybe. Concrete facts, sociology,
and psychology to others ... based on actual real life
perfpormance in the Cooperphelia. You missed the
part where Gray calls it the "Cooper Curse" ? Hmmm.

Hmmm. Is anybody home in there? Reality check _
link to some geetar, spoons, & singing radio site.
Dah di dah dit?

This IS the level of dredging discussion ALLOWED!

I just work here.

How about investigating whether the story about a
debris field of currency shards around Tena Bar is
fact or fiction?

Wey'ulll ... people are at Tena Bar as we speak!
Didja know that? Paying hydrologistas and other
types. Ask Kaye & Blevins. They know all. Jo knows
all. Others know awls, and spades too.

Don’t take this as an ‘insult’ 377, but that memory is failing you.

Dredging was soundly rejected by RobertMBlevins, Skyjack71 and a couple other hydrological experts some months ago (I dared ask that very question). Why do you want to go over something that has already been soundly discussed and ‘logically’ rejected, like walkie talkies? Hmmm…. well I’m too stupid to figure it out. Besides, what does dredging have to do with Cooper? Kinda frustrating having the same process used on what you bring up, when in fact it appears you’re trying to deflect on behalf of RobertMBlevins for some odd reason.

Did RobertMBlevins claim to use software as a way to confirm the validity of Kenneth Christainsen being DB Cooper? Yes/No?

Does Kenny have anything to do with Cooper? Yes/No?

If yes, do you want the claim verified or simply have the thread serve as some sort of hare-brained meeting place? Yes/No?

Is it your intention to simply stir the pot since over 100 pages of discussion involving Bob Knoss repeating the same data, over and over and over was not met with any protests from you? Yes/No?

Do YOU consider being deceived or manipulated insulting? Yes/No?

Doesn’t matter as I’ve already got the answer to my question, and several I hadn’t anticipated. You’ll notice (or not) that when someone wants to push something, they will repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat, without ever being asked (25 reasons why Kenny is Cooper, Duane is Cooper, Snowmman should be allowed back, It’s time for Snowmman to be allowed back, Blevins wouldn’t be picked on if Snowmman was on the thread, Don’t ask Blevins to answer that question before Snowmman is paroled, In light of the fact that today has the letter ‘Y’ in it, Snowmman should be allowed back, A kind, intelligent and large penised person would allow Snowmman back, I see someone used a vowel in their comment – it’s time to allow Snowmman on the thread, I’ll allow some continued discourse and deception to devolve into a cesspool, then use that as justification to demand the return of Snowmman, Haven’t we already discussed this, and by the way, this would be a good time to allow Snowmman back). But repeating all those subjects dozens and dozens of times is perfectly acceptable, apparently as long as you live on the corner of Duplicity and Hypocrisy.

farflung wrote

and by the way, this would be a good time to allow Snowmman back). But repeating all those subjects dozens and dozens of times is perfectly acceptable, apparently as long as you live on the corner of Duplicity and Hypocrisy.

How did you get my home address Farflung?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I obtained some proprietary dredging spoils image comparison software and scanned my Cooper twenty. The software has confirmed that the Tena Bar money marks match the marks on spoils discharged by a particular Army Corps of Engineers dredge that was working a Columbia River section near Tena Bar not long before the money was found. Dredges, like guns, leave unique marks on the items discharged through their pumps and pipes. Makes sense. ;)

I obtained some proprietary dredging spoils image comparison software and scanned my Cooper twenty. The software has confirmed that the Tena Bar money marks match the marks on spoils discharged by a particular Army Corps of Engineers dredge that was working a Columbia River section near Tena Bar not long before the money was found. Dredges, like guns, leave unique marks on the items discharged through their pumps and pipes. Makes sense. ;)

:P

So - do you have the dates and times and locations of that particular dredging being done?
Where did the dredging start and when was it near Tena's bar?

Hard to believe anything substancial could have been retrieved from that "20" you purchased.

As for me I am concentrating on the yrs between 1945 to 1948 and 1962 to 1964. The 5 unknown yrs.

I had 2 contacts regarding this today. The contact information had been held by others who felt they could so a better job than I could since they are not emotionally connected.

The involvement of the "others" may have triggered the recent activity or perhaps they are just being kind to an old lady. Will the information advance my cause? I don't know but it will provide ME with some PEACE of MIND.

In one case - I am the only one who knows what I am looking. Because of my memory (which is starting to fail), a name or address might mean something to me, but to NO one else. There may be NOTHING there, but I can HOPE there is a key to the past of Weber in those old files.

The other contact: I got the feeling they had been expecting me to call. The individual I needed to speak with was not available, but I was provided with a time of availability.

The individual who answered the phone may not have realized recent activity in to this matter may have been something no one was to discuss with me. Perhaps I am getting my hopes up for NO reason at all, but at least I know there is current activity regarding something I have been seeking for yrs. NO it is NOT the FBI.

The brief conversation gave me HOPE and when I speak to the intended person, perhaps it has nothing to do with the activity and enquiries I made a few months ago to a particular organization known to me only by chance.

The contact a few months ago I had backed away for fear of alienating them, but was told they (not FBI) were working on it. The information I relayed was passed on to 3 individuals who might remember what I was speaking of.

The contact I made today would be the only one to have any of the old records...and the only one who might have any proof of that which I had spoke of and had sought.

Yea, I am talking in circles but NO one cares what I say anyway.
Will it PROVE Weber was Cooper? Hell no! But it will validate something I have said for yrs. Will it make the FBI have to look a little harder? Well, if it doesn't then SHAME on them.

VERY TIRED! Good-Nite!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo wrote

Many of us care Jo, just few agree with your conclusions.

The dredge image comparison software was a joke, sort of a spoof on the face match software.

Stinging from my slap down by Farflung I opened my UC Berkeley Alumni magazine and there on page 61 it said on a banner: FARFLUNG get lost. Turned out that Farflung is a travel authors pen name and his monthly column is entitled "get lost".

Farflung often repeats his forum mantra too, but its worded so cleverly and differently each time that I can't possibly complain. That man should write for the New Yorker or some other popular journal of similar intellectual pedigree. He is so funny sometimes that I actually laugh out loud.

The rains have started so ill probably postpone my CB radio jump experiment until spring. Can't get that custom jumpsuit and new canopy all muddy. No no no. Maybe I'll invite Blevins to monitor my channel with his old Midland Walkie Talkie. Believe it or not I communicated about 900 miles on a one watt walkie talkie on the 10 meter ham band which is right next to the Citizens Band.

Stinging from my slap down by Farflung I opened my UC Berkeley Alumni magazine and there on page 61 it said on a banner: FARFLUNG get lost. Turned out that Farflung is a travel authors pen name and his monthly column is entitled "get lost".

I think I would have busted out laughing also. Stanger things do happen.

Like the Walkie Talkie - experiments and I really do believe that is HOW Cooper walked out.

In 1971 would someone have been able to place a "device or receiver" in an auto and use that to know when to jump with a walkie talkie in those days.

Just something that has always bothered me. A car parked near Green Mountain just off 500 and on the Northside of 500...not too far from an old airport whose name I have forgotten. I is no longer there that I know of and there was a field not far from there jumpers used on that Northside of 500.

I have often wondered if there was a vehicle REALLY parked there at the time of the jump. And why would Weber have told me about the car and the jump field and the air strip - especially that one. Be he Cooper or NOT, he had an awful lot of knowledge of the area. He did NOT acquire that knowledge sitting in a prison cell.

This is my main focus - when was Weber there and what did he do while he was there. The answer to that question would answer a LOT of question I have in my mind. Was he just a grave digger? Was he just a prisoner digging graves and working the roads? What did he do in WA and why does the FBI have NO record of his time in WA?

If I can answer those question then I can put this down. The only other questions I would like answers to regard his activities from 1962 to 1964. The wife pretty much told me about 65 to early 72 - if one can believe all she said.

Like Max told me - "his contact" was usually 3 sheets in the wind and the voice seemed to match his memory of the callers teasing mannerism. Regardless only Max knows if he was telling me the truth. Sure wish he was around to hear what has been going on the last few yrs - he would probably have come out of retirement to have done another book.

A higher being wanted him to be with his beloved wife (THAT man LOVE that woman). When he talked about her - you could hear it in his voice. Not many people ever experience what the two of them shared - he told me things I would never share with the world and I really wish I could have had the opportunity to meet this interesting man. His devotion to her was amazing - you could hear it in his voice and with his words. He never remarried after her death because no woman could ever have held a candle to her. They had an amazing journey together.

Georger: The facial recognition and overlay was done by Skipp Porteous. I don't know the software they used or the process. You have no manners, so I'm not going to go to the trouble of asking him how they did the overlay and then come back here to answer your question.

You want to know? Ask him yourself.

I am Georger not Farflung. I havent said squat about
facial recog. software. I have no manners and so
dont confuse people's posts - only people with
manners do that. Wierd werld.

Jo I don't think you could use CB radio to communicate an exit point. Too many variables and CB radios wouldn't work well inside a jet fuselage. Forget any automatic beacon device to signal an exit point as impaired reception inside an aluminum fuselage would preclude its effective use.

I do, however, think that an accomplice located on a high peak within 15 miles of the LZ could communicate with DBC post parachute landing. It's just a hypothesis. Zero evidence that radio was used. Well, at least no evidence that I find credible. Marla says CB walkie talkies were used. Someone needs to do some more radio research with her, at night, in the woods. I nominate Farflung.

I don't think DBCs hypothetical radio comms would sound especially suspicious before people knew about the skyjack. He and his accomplice could make it sound like hunters or campers arranging a rendezvous.

A trick I used with a childhood friend to prevent CB eavesdropping was for one of us to switch crystals to do cross band comms. Only one side of our conversation could be heard on one channel.

Why my obsession with radio? Dunno. It's always intrigued me.
What else can go through walls at the speed of light and remain silent unless detected and demodulated by a receiver?

73-88

Jo wrote

Many of us care Jo, just few agree with your conclusions.

The dredge image comparison software was a joke, sort of a spoof on the face match software.

------------------------------------------------------------
So 377, are you recanting your statement earlier about the dredge image software providing some king of match between your 20 and some previous dredging -- just a joke then? MeyerLouie

You missed the part where Gray calls it the "Cooper Curse" ? Hmmm.

I didn't miss it. I allegedly suffer from the malady. Soon to be added to DSM... Something about grandiose ideation, delusional beliefs and obsession rolled in for good measure. Would Prozac help? What does you doctor say?

I just re-read parts of Sheridan Petersons novel, The Idiots Frightful Laughter. I'd LOVE to have Bruce interview Pete about certain themes and events.

I think this is a perfect example of how a story can be stretched!

I think a lot of people believe Cooper had planned to jump a lot earlier than where the FBI finally pin a area where
he "may have jumped" this would put a large hole in claims of CB radio's, Airstream's and cars waiting at the jump site.

Cooper didn't tell them to fly V23 or any other path other than Mexico, how would "a team" of Cooper's gang
know where he was jumping? if he planned on jumping early,how did everyone arrive near Portland???

seems to me you would have the same problem the people had that was waiting on the passengers from the
movie "Airplane" now arriving at gate 16, gate 17.....gate 22!!

377, you know there is a big difference between 10 and 11 meter bands right? I had many different CB radios
and Walkie Talkies and strongly disagree with ranges, however I can not confirm how well they worked out west.
I do see a much longer range on 10 meters as opposed to 11 meters.
to find a signal from a "device or receiver" as Jo asked (both are one in the same by the way Jo) a device is a
receiver, anyway, you would need a directional finder to find the signal on the ground. (see photo's) adding
yet more precise planing into this caper.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

They used some type of software to create a transparent image of Christiansen's face based on his 1970 passport picture. Then they did the same thing with the sketch picture. When they overlaid the transparent pic of KC with the sketch at the same scale, they matched perfectly.

Except for the hair, of course. Anything else on this, ask Porteous. He WILL answer questions put to him politely. Sherlock Investigations. Website. Email link. He DOES read the messages.

They!? Well that is the height of contumely. Since
when is the public supposed to "do your case for
you"! ? Shouldn't Mr. Bubbles talk to his own team
member, and get it figured out, since it is he, Mr.
Bubbles, reporting and using the info. Good grief
man. Have some manners. How shabby is this?

377 says in part:

'I do, however, think that an accomplice located on a high peak within 15 miles of the LZ could communicate with DBC post parachute landing...'

Problem: This assumes the hijacker was planning to jump and land in the middle of nowhere. Peaks and mountains and forests. I don't believe that was the original plan. Remember: They delayed the hijacker in Seattle until well after dark. My personal opinion is that Cooper had absolutely no intention of remaining aboard any longer than it took to put on a chute and jump. You could take some guesses on where by examining the V23 map a second time and keeping an open mind. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the hijacker and consider what he demanded and what he actually got. THINK!

Would you rather jump at twilight in an area fairly recognizable from the air, with lights below, or into the darkness, over trees, in the Middle of Nowhere? I will never believe that a south-of-Merwin-Lake jump was in his original plan. That was forced upon him by these factors:

1) Plane had to circle Seattle before money was ready.

2) Once on the ground, the FBI delayed the takeoff as long as possible, until after dark.

3) Hijacker requested the plane depart with stairs down, but was told no.

4) Once airborne, it took time to put on chute, prep money, (which came packaged wrong for him and which he had to improvise to secure) and get the door open.

5) By that time, it was dark and they were past the more civilized areas.

There are clues here, some based on what Cooper EXPECTED to happen, and what REALLY happened. If his original plan had worked, the money would have been ready by the time they reached Seattle, without circling. The refueling truck would have worked, and immediately. The money and chutes would have come aboard right away at the same time. The stairs would be down as they departed. There might even be some daylight left.

Mexico, we're going there. Can't? Then okay...Reno. The hijacker didn't care. He had no intention of remaining aboard very long. The request for Mexico was probably nothing more than a red herring to make it harder for the FBI to locate him after he jumped. It's a long way between Seattle and Mexico. Or Reno. Big search area. :)

Blevins and other esteemed researchers:

Read the radio transcripts and you will discover Cooper specified that the money should be ready at a time that was after sunset. So he did not have any intention of making a daylight jump in the first place.

Robert99

2) Once on the ground, the FBI delayed the takeoff as long as possible, until after dark.

4) Once airborne, it took time to put on chute, prep money, (which came packaged wrong for him and which he had to improvise to secure) and get the door open.

There are clues here, some based on what Cooper EXPECTED to happen, and what REALLY happened. If his original plan had worked, the money would have been ready by the time they reached Seattle, without circling. The refueling truck would have worked, and immediately. The money and chutes would have come aboard right away at the same time. The stairs would be down as they departed. There might even be some daylight left.

Mexico, we're going there. Can't? Then okay...Reno. The hijacker didn't care. He had no intention of remaining aboard very long. The request for Mexico was probably nothing more than a red herring to make it harder for the FBI to locate him after he jumped. It's a long way between Seattle and Mexico. Or Reno. Big search area. :)

You keep reposting these (5) factoids above -
some are wrong. Just factually wrong. This has been
covered before - every time you post this stuff.

GO BACK & READ THE THREAD -

377 says in part:

'I do, however, think that an accomplice located on a high peak within 15 miles of the LZ could communicate with DBC post parachute landing...'

Problem: This assumes the hijacker was planning to jump and land in the middle of nowhere. Peaks and mountains and forests. I don't believe that was the original plan. Remember: They delayed the hijacker in Seattle until well after dark. My personal opinion is that Cooper had absolutely no intention of remaining aboard any longer than it took to put on a chute and jump. You could take some guesses on where by examining the V23 map a second time and keeping an open mind. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the hijacker and consider what he demanded and what he actually got. THINK!

Would you rather jump at twilight in an area fairly recognizable from the air, with lights below, or into the darkness, over trees, in the Middle of Nowhere? I will never believe that a south-of-Merwin-Lake jump was in his original plan. That was forced upon him by these factors:

Blevins and other esteemed researchers:

Read the radio transcripts and you will discover Cooper specified that the money should be ready at a time that was after sunset. So he did not have any intention of making a daylight jump in the first place.

Robert99

I dont think Blevins cares - its not in his agenda.

Mr Shutter wrote:

377, you know there is a big difference between 10 and 11 meter bands right? I had many different CB radios
and Walkie Talkies and strongly disagree with ranges, however I can not confirm how well they worked out west.

Well to begin with, THIS is my favorite Citizens Band activity these days:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/citizens-band-san-francisco

CB and 10 meter bands are not all that different propagation wise because they are nearly adjacent on the spectrum. The upper end of CB is channel 40 which is 27.405 MHz. The lower end of the 11M band is 27.000 MHZ, only 595 KHz difference, which is roughly the spectrum difference beetween Ch 1 and CH 40 on the CB. Do you think CH 1 and Ch 40 on CB are very different propagation wise?

With 5 watt CB walkie talkies, which were widely avaiable in 1971, someone on a peak of 5000 ft could have had a line of sight talking radius of one hundred miles. That covers a lot of territory. http://www.calculatoredge.com/electronics/lineofsight.htm

I never tried for 100 miles with CB Walkie Talkies but I could REGULARLY get 10 miles between a pair of 100 milliwatt (0.1 watt) Lafayette brand superhet CB walkie talkies when one was on an estimated 1000 ft mountaintop and the other was line of sight by the shore of SF Bay.

Look at how far people have talked on FRS walkie talkies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMR446

I respectfully request individuals who do NOT know the area in WA and do NOT know what it was like prior to 1980 NOT to respond to this post. In fact it needs NO response at all - it is just me trying to make sure the facts of the trip with Duane are recorded:

Now to try to sort this out the 1979 trip with Duane to the N.W. for those with a genuine interest.

Everyone ignores all of the media reports that came out of the Fourth Plains area. This is the location of the Scholls Airport and a jump field not far away.

I read many interviews made in the area. The jump strip was located off of 500, but it was gone when I was out there in 2010. ALL developed now.

These were specific things Duane spoke about and places he took me. When we returned to 500 he turned and went back East on the Highway for a short period of time and then turned around just West of Sifton again making another remark about Green Mtn. and an airport there and what was BEHIND it - lots power lines intersecting and the tower lights. Seems ODD to me that there would be an airport that close to all of those Power towers.
BUT, it is a fact.

I have OLD maps of how the area was in 1971 - they are starting to wear thin and wearing out in the folds, but still pretty good. This was the ONLY map I found that showed what was there in 1971. With the new maps these things just DO NOT EXIST anymore.

The reports that came out of the Scholls area - dispute the planes location AFTER the FBI moved the flight to a more Westwardly position. I know the filght made a curve of some sort and that is why I think something is wrong with the later claims on the flight path - altered in 1980 to explain the money find in 1979. That is just my opinion from all of the accountings I have collected over the yrs and from personal interviews I conducted with certain witnesses. I will ALWAY dispute the altered flight path, but only on the basis of eyewitness accounts.

What I think has happened with the flight pattern is that the minutes (time line) was off which affected the slight curve the plane made to an Westwardly position.

My memory of the trip is getting foggy as my memory wans with age - and YOU guys already know I get EAST and WEST mixed up when I am communicating what I remember.

If any of you could see this map you would see that Green Mt and Green Mtn airport are very very close. The Green Mt. that Duane took me to which JT (who was supposed to be the man who knew the area) - DENIED existed.

Now GO back to our approach:

This Green Mt we had approached from the Lake Lacamas side - it was North and West of the lake. THis the "hill" that Duane took me up - it was dirt road and I have described the eerie look of the place - the gate, the rocks and the trees - very tall and old (looked like it had been an old homestead but had the feel of a graveyard with all of the bolders scattered about.

We doubled back from that Green Mt to Washougal (driving it is really not far). Then he takes me on this tour of that river I have forgotten the name of (how could I forget that - but, I have). After this detour we end up on 500 - and that is all accounted for in the first part of this post. Again there is the term "Green Mt" again.

So on 500 I did NOT realize that the Green Mt airport and the hill behind it was the same place he had taken me on our way up to Heisson and Battleground. I really hope I am making myself understood.

I am trying to show or tell you guys what I know before it is too late for me to make intelligent communications hindered by health, drugs or whatever. This will probably be my last voice in this matter and what I write here about the route, someone needs to document JUST ENCASE someone someday decides this GIRL was not delusional and off her rocker.

Mr Shutter wrote:

Well to begin with, THIS is my favorite Citizens Band activity these days:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/citizens-band-san-francisco

CB and 10 meter bands are not all that different propagation wise because they are nearly adjacent on the spectrum. The upper end of CB is channel 40 which is 27.405 MHz. The lower end of the 11M band is 27.000 MHZ, only 595 KHz difference, which is roughly the spectrum difference beetween Ch 1 and CH 40 on the CB. Do you think CH 1 and Ch 40 on CB are very different propagation wise?

With 5 watt CB walkie talkies, which were widely avaiable in 1971, someone on a peak of 5000 ft could have had a line of sight talking radius of one hundred miles. That covers a lot of territory. http://www.calculatoredge.com/electronics/lineofsight.htm

I never tried for 100 miles with CB Walkie Talkies but I could REGULARLY get 10 miles between a pair of 100 milliwatt (0.1 watt) Lafayette brand superhet CB walkie talkies when one was on an estimated 1000 ft mountaintop and the other was line of sight by the shore of SF Bay.

Look at how far pepole have talked on FRS walkie talkies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMR446

grated you are on a 1000 foot mountain, yes, I can believe that, since the maximum legal power outage on 11 meters is 4 watts, how and where were there legal 5 watt Walkies?

would you agree conditions vary upon signal strength on radio freq's ? I'm sure you know what "skip" means in CB land. are there 1000 foot mountains in the drop zone?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins voluntarily pronounced, with the full faith and credit of his name:

“….but when it comes to non-fiction I require facts and verification.”

How noble, how very, very noble and pure to require facts AND verification. I applaud such honest and un-insulting operating parameters.

RobertMBlevins continues by displaying his honorable labors with:

“Using facial recognition software, we created……”

We? RobertMBlevins and someone else, have clearly created ‘something’ using facial recognition software. But what? How can I put this ever so delicately as not to…. Oh, I fear I’ve already said too much…. I need to make this so very, very delicate…. I hesitate out of fear that the decorum, which produced electric underpants and uphill rivers may be offended….. oh my dear, how can I craft a question with such precision, adroitly written sans ambiguity, all the while brief enough to avoid fatigue?

What was the name of the ‘facial recognition’ software?

Ahhhhhh, shit I blew it! Too insulting and it hasn’t anything to do with Cooper. Why God, why do I do this? If ‘Captain Save-A-dorK ‘ swoops in with his mighty deflection shield, and a suggestion of a non-sequitur subject, possessing the same, or greater level of irrelevance to Cooper; then I know I deserve it.

RobertMBlevins then honorably and logically responds to the question after ‘Captain Save-A-dorK’ makes an expected and painfully predictable appearance with:

“The facial recognition and overlay was done by Skipp Porteous. I don't know the software they used or the process. I'm not going to go to the trouble of asking him….”

He doesn’t know the software ‘THEY’ used or the process? Way to use those “facts and verification”.

He also isn’t going to the trouble(?) of asking him. It’s not every day when one can witness ignorance and apathy in the same sentence, but then most people probably don’t know and don’t care, because it doesn’t have anything to do with Cooper.

Well played one and all. You sure fooled me. Again, my deepest apologies for asking about the name of the software, over 25 comments ago, it was abrasive, harsh and cruel. I just hope that RobertMBlevins and 377, will find the strength to bravely and honestly continue their efforts in uncovering the identity of DB. Please know that anything you share or excrete regarding the subject, will be gratefully gobbled up by the peon intelligentsia, who cower at your feets…. feats…whatever.

The post about the Green Mt. and Scholls airport was made because this is the first time in along time posts have been made related to the question I will forever have until the day I die.

The post about CB's and signals takes my feeble and uneducated mind regarding communication back to this area (the Green Mt & Scholls) for some reason. I don't know why - if it was something he said or just something I feel or maybe remember, but can't recall. I have a good visual memory and connect those to conversations.

I know I was so enthralled with the beauty of the area that I engages in little conversation, but was taking in everything he showed me and told me. Wish I could remember more! I was NOT one to question things back then. Never knew I would have a reason to remember or know more.

I agee with Georger that Cooper did NOT intend to jump in broad day light or even at dusk. He would NOT have had a chance of getting away if that was his plan.

The darkness of night would be the only way (logic). If the man knew the area - he knew what to look for and probably knew he would recognize almost any area they flew over from above Seattle to mid Oregon. This man had to have known the area.
Cooper was NOT a stranger to WA, but he was not a resident. Why Cooper chose WA for the escapade.

If someone wanted to pull the BIG ONE of the Century - he has to have a plan - even if it was only elementary. You do NOT jump out into the middle of NO WHERE without an escape plan.

Why I think there was another party and that some kind of communication system was used.
LOGIC.

If there WAS not another person involved - HOW did Cooper get from A to Z in locations in order to escape.
LOGIC.

The FBI's only defense is he died and yet to be discovered and when that didn't work he was in the River!

Cooper is sitting somewhere safe and sound reading little its and bits in the papers back in the East and when the opportunity presents itself - thinking he need not ever show his face in WA again.

Then an opportunity to return to the N.W. presents itself, he just cannot resist the temptation of making a sentimental journey out of it. He wanted to go back for yrs, but feared it would result in his spending the rest of his life in a cell - but the temptation was too much!

When the money is found in 1980 - he realizes he has to get ALL of the evidence off of him and uses an old ID he had to open a safe deposit box in the MidWest - a location he could reasonable get back to from all locations and a place that knew him by the ID he was using.

Geeze - didn't mean to get off track. I came here to post about communications and ask questions. Now I am too tired to finish that enquiry - maybe later.

Just wanted to discuss some other possible ways Cooper could have made communication with the ground. I DO NOT believe he was ALONE - not in a NEW YORK MINUTE! If he was he would have had to have set of some kind of transponders in more than one place - but I believe he had something with him that could be used from the air or ON THE GROUND to communicate with a second party and/or homing devices that location might have been Green Mt - by the way - it now houses a SIGNAL TOWER - how appropriate.

If someone knows where towers with a light are located - he just might have walked away. Again I will ask if it was possible for Cooper to have planted homeing devices of some sort in various areas? There has to be something REALLY simple no one has thought of that could have been used by a communications savy individual in 1971.