47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"McChord is only 20 minutes from Tacoma, it doesn't take that long..."

I'm telling you...the hijacker was local. South King, North Pierce counties. Maybe even Kitsap county. One of them. Take your pick.

That bit he added about 'it doesn't take that long' strongly implies he had made that trip on Interstate 5 a few times. Take that as you wish.

Farflung: IMHO the hijacker's sudden statement giving the time it takes, plus the fact that he says 'it doesn't take that long...' implies he KNEW both things. He knew instantly it's twenty minutes between Tacoma and the AFB. That is correct.

And how did he know enough to add 'it doesn't take that long' ? HOW? Because he was from Ohio, or because he knew already? And how would he know that traffic would allow you to make that trip in just 20 minutes? Seattle and Tacoma are major cities. I believe he was a local.

Doesn't sound like a lot of thought went into his response to the being-late-on-the-chutes thing.

Cooper just HAD to let them know they couldn't BS him on how long it would take to get the chutes.

A slight slip on the part of the hijacker, perhaps?

another Eureka moment for Blevins. Came up just a
few days ago and VIOLA! Archmedes Blevins scores
again. Marvelous.

You should be paying us by the hour, Blevins.
Or is yours a Medicade moment?

And: "the being-late-on-the-chutes thing". You
think in blocks, like Cooper. The "thing" or "thingie".
Takes one to know one. Hijacker I mean.

Anoher EUREKA MOMENT!

As usual, you went for the messenger rather than the message. Instead of addressing the issue, you made it personal. This is typical. And expected.

I believe my statement on Cooper's response to the delay makes as much sense as anything you've offered on it.

That would be NOTHING, by the way. You were busy elsewhere. :)

The message is the messanger is the message
in your case, you fool.

Take some good advice. Never take advice.
No point in changing anything!

It is comedy the likes of which weathermen and
small news anchors, and bird watchers, and
dinosaur bone illustrators, and FBI agents - have never seen!

Keep up the good work, tigre.

:D

As usual, you went for the messenger rather than the message. Instead of addressing the issue, you made it personal. This is typical. And expected.

I believe my statement on Cooper's response to the delay makes as much sense as anything you've offered on it.

in your case, you fool.

SEE ATTACHED. Self explanatory. Whatever makes him happy, Georger. Send him another 5 gallon bucket of half-baked beans and green eggs.

..... He was told they were having difficulties with the chutes - Cooper made a remark to the stewardess about McCoy being less than 20 minutes - but, I don't remember where I heard this or read it or who told me......

Well, they WERE waiting for McCoy, but I think it took slightly more than 20 minutes for him to get there. (;Q)^ You could probably time the parachutes to his arrival time.
Jo, was that a Freudian slip?

I don’t know how much more violently I can agree with your scientific approach on Cooper being a local boy RobertMBlevins.

Using an identical approach, Cooper wanted to fly to Mexico City which was too far and the crew talked him out of that. Then it was Phoenix or Yuma which he agreed to as well only to end up taking Reno. What a pinhead regarding aircraft performance and airline operations. He clearly has never worked at an airline otherwise he would not have asked for two loser locations only to settle for Reno. Cooper let the world know how full of BS he was when it came to air travel. The same way he betrayed being a local boy with the McChord conversation which some people on this thread claim never even occurred.

Don’t forget that the stewardess thought Cooper was hitting on her. She was so sure of it that she just put the note in her pocket as it was typical of a manly, he man to hit on scorching hot women. Her gaydar did not go off at all and women have amazingly sensitive gaydar antenna. So this clearly proves that Cooper was not gay. Otherwise the flight attendant would have read the note.

Oh, and the wanted poster has Cooper wearing brown shoes with black pants and suit coat. No way would a gay man dress like that.

So Cooper is from North Pierce County, has never worked for an airline and is not gay according to freshly established observational evidence techniques.

Something tells me this won’t be showcased either.

Hold on; is that a left handed tie clasp in the FBI photo?

Forgive Me - I made a mistake in this post and NOW the NUT called Knoss is USING this to further his neurotic behaviour.

I stated:

"Also remember I have talk to many many individuals involved in the very beginning. I was told or read (do NOT remember the source) - that when the delay in landing was made that Cooper was agitated. He was told they were having difficulties with the chutes - Cooper made a remark to the stewardess about McCoy (McChord)being less than 20 minutes - but, I don't remember where I heard this or read it or who told me".

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR PROVIDING THE TROLL WITH A GRAIN OF SAND HE WILL USE TO BUILD A MOUND! I was talking about the Base McChord

I knew I did not feel well enough to post - therefore I should have refrained. You guys I believe knew what I was saying because you read the rest of the post. NOW - the TROLL will forever use that post to perpetrate his agenda which is to defuse, confuse and destroy.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

in your case, you fool.

SEE ATTACHED. Self explanatory. Whatever makes him happy, Georger. Send him another 5 gallon bucket of half-baked beans and green eggs.

Wasn't it you, who was all cry baby-ish over insults and personal attacks recently?

Why yes it was!
:S
Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

To ALL:

I was using this photo a moment ago to send to someone when I noticed something. I am not going to tell you what it is, but want to see if ANYONE else sees what I see.

Study the photo carefully and remember photos that have been identified per the FBI or perhaps othera pointing a finger at a specific subject.

To ALL:

I was using this photo a moment ago to send to someone when I noticed something. I am not going to tell you what it is, but want to see if ANYONE else sees what I see.

Study the photo carefully and remember photos that have been identified per the FBI or perhaps other pointing a finger at a specific subject.

What photo?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

To ALL:

Study the photo carefully and remember photos that have been identified per the FBI or perhaps othera pointing a finger at a specific subject.

What photo?

Matt

Look back - my computer went down before it finished sending.
It is there now. I maybe the only one to see it - I just thought it ODD - the resemblance betwee this photo and that of another subject.

Note that this photo is poor quality and is a scan of the original without any alterations.

To ALL:

I see an individual who does not bear any resemblance to D.B. Cooper.

Remember the ‘Left Handed Tie Clasp’?

That’s OK, because I do and it is braised into my brain as one of the most debilitation attacks of stupidity in my long, long life.

This piece of shining evidence was raised multiple times by individuals who had suspects which were, if you can believe this, left handed. Well, well, well I thought; this may be of some value.

Then smokin99 (who is a chick) comments that a left handed, tie clasp would serve no purpose since the seam in a man’s shirt opens on the right side. Wow, that was embarrassing for me since I ‘bought’ the original statement without completing any validation.

In my defense I wear a tie chain as to not damage my haberdashery with those roach clip teeth or the cruel piercing experienced with a tie tack. Plus it makes it easier for women to tear off when they can no longer contain their passions in an elevator, check out line at the grocery or wedding ceremony. After all, she has enough on her mind keeping the bridesmaids away while ditching that loser in a tuxedo. So that’s why I wear a tie chain and was ignorant about left handed tie clasps.

Gosh, it was almost (almost here) like someone had a suspect in hand and was desperately trying to force some sort of match with a left handed tie clasp. If someone was so left handed as to put the tie clasp on the left side, then I would expect to see them wearing their watch on the right wrist as validation for that preemptive excuse. Hmmmmm……..

So explain the tie clasp on the wrong side of the tie. I remember tie clasps left on ties (clip-ons)...just so they could take the tie off and on real easy.

My first husband wore clip-ons because when he first started out on a debit in 1961. If he was able to get by without the tie he just folded in on the seat of his car. He was an insurance saleman - and his work often meant having to work during hot days - but the company required a tie. Lots of service people did this also.

Another explanation would be someone else put the clip on the tie - like a wife.

I do not remember if I personally ever saw Duane wear a clip-on - he had LOTS of ties. I believe from pictures he did wear clip ons in the past as work he did was in service and he also worked an insurance debit under the name of John Collins in the 60's.

When I met him he had moved on in the insurance business and worked by appointment only and in a management capacity and therefore use REAL ties.

So we are back to the damn tie!

To ALL:

Study the photo carefully and remember photos that have been identified per the FBI or perhaps others pointing a finger at a specific subject.

:)
REPEAT! Study the photo - and I will rephrase the question. WHAT other Cooper subject besides Weber does that particular photo remind you of? Hint this would be a subject the FBI or others supposedly showed to the witness and was told this was the closest they had ever seen.

Put this particular photo of Weber up against that photo and what do you see?

To ALL:

Study the photo carefully and remember photos that have been identified per the FBI or perhaps others pointing a finger at a specific subject.

:)
REPEAT! Study the photo - and I will rephrase the question. WHAT other Cooper subject besides Weber does that particular photo remind you of? Hint this would be a subject the FBI or others supposedly showed to the witness and was told this was the closest they had ever seen.

Put this particular photo of Weber up against that photo and what do you see?

Two people that don't look like D.B. Cooper? "Closest" only counts in horseshoes, so I'm told, and another matter or two that I can't remember right now.

So explain the tie clasp on the wrong side of the tie. I remember tie clasps left on ties (clip-ons)...just so they could take the tie off and on real easy.

My first husband wore clip-ons because when he first started out on a debit in 1961. If he was able to get by without the tie he just folded in on the seat of his car. He was an insurance saleman - and his work often meant having to work during hot days - but the company required a tie. Lots of service people did this also.

Another explanation would be someone else put the clip on the tie - like a wife.

I do not remember if I personally ever saw Duane wear a clip-on - he had LOTS of ties. I believe from pictures he did wear clip ons in the past as work he did was in service and he also worked an insurance debit under the name of John Collins in the 60's.

When I met him he had moved on in the insurance business and worked by appointment only and in a management capacity and therefore use REAL ties.

So we are back to the damn tie!***

Gulp….. I had never thought of a spouse putting the tie clasp on Cooper. Gosh, now I feel kinda creepy.

Plus he could have put the thing on from the left save to save time too.

Both good points and worthy of inclusion on the DB Cooper thread, what was I thinking?

Gulp….. I had never thought of a spouse putting the tie clasp on Cooper. Gosh, now I feel kinda creepy.

Both good points and worthy of inclusion on the DB Cooper thread, what was I thinking?

http://huntfordbcooper.com/d-b-cooper-evidence-found

Hmmm... AS for the matches, according to the below post with attached article (Smokin post 26463 Sept 1, 2011) Portland did have a sky chef(s) restaurant...guess they just didn't rate on the ol matchbook listing thing. Or maybe (just maybe) that matchbook cover predates DB by several years.

Sad.. I guess Geoffrey doesn't read the world's foremost forum on DB Cooper trivia aka the Dorkzone....

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4181311#4181311

(Eugene Register-Guard Sept 20, 1966)

Would be easy enough to check to see if the chain was still operating in Portland in 1971. I'd bet my vintage treadmill / coat rack that it was.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Hmmm... AS for the matches, according to the below post with attached article (Smokin post 26463 Sept 1, 2011) Portland did have a sky chef(s) restaurant...guess they just didn't rate on the ol matchbook listing thing. Or maybe (just maybe) that matchbook cover predates DB by several years.

Sad.. I guess Geoffrey doesn't read the world's foremost forum on DB Cooper trivia aka the Dorkzone....

Would be easy enough to check to see if the chain was still operating in Portland in 1971. I'd bet my vintage treadmill / coat rack that it was.

not much room left on that matchbook (inside) for
new major additions. Probably tens of thousands
had already been printed - revisions at the next
redesign/printing ... just a conjecture.

No idea if Geof reads DZ or not. Would if someone
advised him of something signficant here. Geof is in
another better league. Five star AAAAA class.

Here’s a little supplement to your original post smokin99.

I hope you could see that I was being sarcastic with that comment about the ‘new’ clue. Any search in the news archives will answer that question and I found some matches on of all places - eBay which have Portland listed in the cover.

But there is NO explaining that left handed tie clasp. One more mystery to add with the statuary of Easter Island, the Pyramids of Giza and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon; but better than all that stuff.

Dang.. I guess I get to to keep the treadmill.

Edited to fix attachment
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill