10 10
quade

DB Cooper

Robert per your bashing of Duane I would think you supported the Westwardly route!

Yet, you do NOT support the route that I have maintained which is the other side of Portland.

:)
Was Cooper a mirage?
Did the crew imagined Cooper & did I imagined the things Weber told me?

I think Robt99 you need to go visit the co-pilot & hope that he is still sound of mind...he is the only one left with the answers, but he has been jerked around so much I doubt he still remembers the small details.

I have told the story as best as I can and done all I can to fill in the blanks. I do have documentation of most things I have stated. NO one heard Duane's confession, but me!

Much of what I TRIED to tell I did not & still do not understand.
I was not able to afford to pay someone to do the research I & others along with the DZ have done over the last 18 yrs, but I tried. I gave it all I had and more....

I should have walked away yrs ago, but that is just not my nature. At 74 yrs of age - your time & quality of life on this earth becomes limited especially when your health declines.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

There are plenty of new people to the DZ, and I thought it might be fun to present another Cooper Quiz to get the newbies up to speed:

1. What is PDX?
2. Who is Twisty Butt?
3. Two individuals have directly confessed to being DB Cooper. Who are they?
4. How many people have allegedly confessed to being DB Cooper?
5. Who is the “most promising” suspect, according to the FBI?
6. What did Brian Ingram and his family do immediately after finding the $5,800?
7. What was wrapped around a magnum of champagne the night that Jo met Duane?
8. What is “Into the Blast” reportedly called at FBI HQ in Seattle?
9. Who was the original case officer for Norjak?
10. Can you name any "near confessions" as claimed by family members?

Answers:
1. Portland International Airport, where Norjak started.
2. Marla Cooper, as coined by Jo Weber here at the DZ.
3. Duane Weber and Barb Dayton
4. 922
5. LD Cooper
6. The Ingrams went looking for more money, digging up the beach. They found nothing.
7. $100 bill.
8. Into the Trash
9. Charlie Farrell
10. Kenny Christiansen, Wolfgang Gossett,

'Into The Trash,' (reportedly by the Seattle FBI).

Yeah. I've seen your own Cooper manuscript. One space after a comma is required on lists. Not the worst book I've ever seen, but it definitely needs editing.

Tell me you didn't hear this 'Into The Trash' junk from Galen Cook, the same guy who claims constant contact from the Seattle office and said he received all kinds of bad emails about me from my co-author Skipp Porteous. Those claims were lies. And you never sourced your comment.

Meanwhile, nearly four years after the publication of Into The Blast, the Kindle version continues to stay in the Top 100 at Amazon.com in the Aviation category. Currently it is rated at four stars out of five in reviews, mostly from Verified Purchasers:

'Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #157,845 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store) #39 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > World > Transportation > Aviation...'

When you approach people in a straightforward manner with courtesy and manners, they often embrace this concept. This is a lesson you and some of your friends have not yet learned.

skyjack71

He encited me last night & I had taken my medication - but, instead of signing off & going to bed - I blew off at him with a long non comprehensive post.

:)
NOTE: What the co-pilot stated per my notes

1. Could see the haze of Vancouver to his right.

2. Stayed away from Portland to keep away from populated areas.

The map as publicized to the WEST shows the plane over a MAJOR developement of low income workers in the Portland area.

They were told to stay out of populated areas - in 1971 the East route was farms and open spaces - not wet lands and condensed low income housing as existed on the West side. (Regardless of the arguement you guys have stated in the past - the EAST side was less populated and with more open spaces to divert in the event of a disastor.)

The plane took an eastward turn using the logic they were asked to use...staying out of populated areas - just encase. The co-pilot made the judgement call he was trained to make.

An emergency landing west of Portland would have been impossible in 1971...if it occurred just as they crossed the Columbia.

An emergency landing or crash or explosion East of Portland was without the insurmountable destruction of homes and lives....

The West route was too CLOSE to Portland to be feasible - the crew did the right thing and did what they were told to do - used their own judgement.

Maybe there was some other protocol like COMMON SENSE. In 1971 there were NO tall buildings along the East side and the population was sparse - some developement, but still lots of open space if the pilot was able to have any control over the plane at all.

Remember there was supposedly a bomb on that plane....they didn't know how much destruction might occur if Cooper used his BOMB!

The crew knew if the bomb blew they would not survive - but they had to think about what was BELOW them....this was discussed.

Someone earlier disclaimed all of this - but ALL you need is a map from 1968 of Portland & surrounding area - with streets as compared to how it looks today and how it looked in 1979....MAJOR developement occurred during those yrs...major!

I was personally there in 1979 - remember....NONE of those shopping centers were there in mass as they are now. There was subdivisions in the contructional phase - but plenty open land. Most of what I could see was off the highway until we got further West...then we turned and went East and did a cut back, because Duane wanted to take another route rather than continue South down the highway.

At the point of that turn - that was the most condensed area we had been in along that highway.

NOTE: Duane did NOT need a map and when he made that turn we had to make another turn to reach the area he wanted to get to...but he needed NO map...that area was established....he commented about their CHANGING the light - DAMN I just REMEMBERED that!
Goose Bumps!
Now a tear - How in God's name did I remember that & do not believe have not told it before.

From the time we entered the interstate highway from the road going East out of Portland the population and construction was sparse - until we approached the area I have describes above...I lost some maps in WA in 2010 - they may have been left in Bruce's truck or in one of the rooms or the vehicle rental.

Now back to the co-pilot and the route:

Back to WA and the flight!

The little hesitation the plane made when the aft stairs sprang back was just as he made his turn and may be why he noted the haze....but they could NOT be sure if Cooper was gone.

They were concerned about flying with the door open even when they felt sure Cooper was gone...and what if he left the bomb on board? There were many things going thru their minds - but the most important thing was to stay a course that would cause less harm to others if the plane blew.

Permission to do what was necessary! I am sure at this point in time they were more occupied with safety than their exact position.

What the "experts" ignore is something came up missing... what came up missing had to do with the transcription between PDF and the plane. NO ONE knows what happened to them - NO ONE!

I was many yrs ago able to talk to one gentleman there who talked to me off the record - because they were under ORDERS not to discuss this. He told me about the missing transcripts out of the Portland tower - IT was a manual transcript - and for some reason the file was removed from there.

Now why there was a manual transcript? I did NOT understand - but remember I really had little knowledge of the crime & less about airports & planes - but the man knew who I was & felt I needed to know. For some reason. He had felt it was something they should keep - but, it went POOF!

Not what he said - POOF is my wording.

I know you are the voice of reason, but I believe the money was found on Tena or Tina bar while Tina was living nearby;
What if Cooper got fixated on Tina? He tried to give her money on the plane. Would he send her a love message?
194,200 +5800
rearrange numbers slightly
(20)(9)(40)(1)+(50)(80)
Tina+XB
Tina + X Bar(r) ?
(This is the only thing I'm good at!)

BruceSmith

I see there is a lot of talk about chatting with Rataczak to clarify where 305 was when Cooper jumped.

That might be useful, but I also think it would be worthwhile to review what has already been revealed by the principals.

1. Rataczak told me he did know where 305 was when DBC jumped. Later in our 70-minute phone conversation he said that 305 was east of V-23 by a couple miles due to the wind.

2. Himmelsbach told me that Rataczak told him that 305 was over the Washougal.

3. Mrs. Cooper says that Rataczak told her that he could see the lights of Vancouver to the right. Not sure what that means. It sounds like perfect Jo Weber haze. But it could very well be V-23-ish, too.

4. Calame and Rhodes say that Scott told the folks at Himms' retirement party in 1980 that 305 was west of V-23 and over Woodland, WA.

5. Larry says V-23 All the Way to Red Bluff, CA!

6. Marianne Lincoln of Shady Acres Airport in Spanaway, WA says that the transmission from Seattle Center she heard were reporting east of V-23 to Gresham and then up the Columbia River Gorge.

7. Multiple eye witnesses allegedly report that they saw a burning object descend from a low-flying aircraft just west of the I-5 bridge over the Columbia, just about the time that 305 passed over the area.

So, what does this mishigas tell us about Norjak? It's just what the FBI likes for public consumption - perfectly mucked up or just another day in the Cooper Vortex?

Oops. A typo.

The information from Rataczak should read:

"Rataczak told me that he did not know where 305 was when DBC jumped."

Bruce Smith says in part, with my answers noted:

I see there is a lot of talk about chatting with Rataczak to clarify where 305 was when Cooper jumped.

That might be useful, but I also think it would be worthwhile to review what has already been revealed by the principals.

1. Rataczak told me he did know where 305 was when DBC jumped. Later in our 70-minute phone conversation he said that 305 was east of V-23 by a couple miles due to the wind.

Robert says: Could be true, but a lot depends on where this occurred in a north-south fashion. Were they in the corridor at Olympia and some points south? Over Ariel? Map presented by Larry Carr still shows 305 at least six miles EAST of Tina Bar while it was headed south.

2. Himmelsbach told me that Rataczak told him that 305 was over the Washougal.

Robert says: The Washougal is not the Columbia, nor is it Tina Bar. This statement could be accurate. You should have pinned him down on WHICH side of the interstate regarding the Washougal. Big difference.

3. Mrs. Cooper says that Rataczak told her that he could see the lights of Vancouver to the right. Not sure what that means. It sounds like perfect Jo Weber haze. But it could very well be V-23-ish, too.

Robert says: Mrs. Cooper's statement matches the map provided by Larry Carr. Map shows 305 slightly EAST and NORTH of Vancouver as it approached the city, and then turning SW afterward. I believe co-pilots on 727's sit in the RIGHT hand seat.

4. Calame and Rhodes say that Scott told the folks at Himms' retirement party in 1980 that 305 was west of V-23 and over Woodland, WA.

Robert says: Another reference the flight passed over Woodland, which negates any pass over Tina Bar. Again..check the map provided by FBI Special Agent Way-Too-Cool Larry Carr. Calame and Rhodes should have run and got themselves a map and then asked Scott if the flight was east or west of the interstate. Woodland is directly off the freeway.

5. Larry says V-23 All the Way to Red Bluff, CA!

Robert says: As good an explanation as any. Maybe they generally stayed within the flight path designated by the FAA.

6. Marianne Lincoln of Shady Acres Airport in Spanaway, WA says that the transmission from Seattle Center she heard were reporting east of V-23 to Gresham and then up the Columbia River Gorge.

Robert says: A ninety-degree (or so) turn by the flight up the Gorge? This one is doubtful. 727's aren't F-15 Eagles and don't have the same flight characteristics. This one is suspect since Marianne probably didn't have radar going.

7. Multiple eye witnesses allegedly report that they saw a burning object descend from a low-flying aircraft just west of the I-5 bridge over the Columbia, just about the time that 305 passed over the area.

Robert says: What 'multiple witnesses'? Last time I heard it was only Janet and the Man in Black who said that. And flying above heavy cloud cover and light rain at 9,600 feet does not qualify as 'low flying'.

Just saying. ;)

"...Robert says: What 'multiple witnesses'? Last time I heard it was only Janet and the Man in Black who said that. And flying above heavy cloud cover and light rain at 9,600 feet does not qualify as 'low flying'.

Just saying. ;)..."

You lack of curiosity and knowledge continues, Bobby. Study the case and you'll know what I know.

RobertMBlevins

Bruce Smith says in part, with my answers noted:

Robert says: Another reference the flight passed over Woodland, which negates any pass over Tina Bar. Again..check the map provided by FBI Special Agent Way-Too-Cool Larry Carr. Calame and Rhodes should have run and got themselves a map and then asked Scott if the flight was east or west of the interstate. Woodland is directly off the freeway.

Blevins, Your response above is an outright lie.

Even the newest Campfire Girl recruit can determine that a straight line between the Mayfield/Malay Intersection on V-23 and the Canby Intersection on V-23 south of the present day Battleground VORTAC crosses Woodland and Tina Bar.

In case you don't understand the above, when the airliner overflew Woodland it was about six miles WEST of V-23.

Interstate 5 has nothing to do with the navigation of the airliner. And in any event, it could not be seen by the flight crew on the night of the hijacking due to the cloud cover.

Your desperation to preserve your KC fable is beyond belief.

Robert99

Robert99

***Bruce Smith says in part, with my answers noted:

Even the newest Campfire Girl recruit can determine that a straight line between the Mayfield/Malay Intersection on V-23 and the Canby Intersection on V-23 south of the present day Battleground VORTAC crosses Woodland and Tina Bar.

In case you don't understand the above, when the airliner overflew Woodland it was about six miles WEST of V-23.

Interstate 5 has nothing to do with the navigation of the airliner. And in any event, it could not be seen by the flight crew on the night of the hijacking due to the cloud cover.

Robert99

We're not talking about KC, who you keep referencing for some weird reason I can't fathom. Almost like paranoia or something. The interstate freeway is a MAJOR reference, by the way. It exists as a baseline point on maps.

Care to offer any proof that Flight 305 was actually SIX miles west of Woodland, WA when it flew by? That would put it miles on the other side of the Columbia. The map provided by Seattle FBI agent Larry Carr says otherwise...(revised edition attached) Between you and the FBI, I choose to believe the map the FBI agent made public.

RobertMBlevins

******Bruce Smith says in part, with my answers noted:

Robert99

We're not talking about KC, who you keep referencing for some weird reason I can't fathom. Almost like paranoia or something.

Care to offer any proof that Flight 305 was actually SIX miles west of Woodland, WA when it flew by? That would put it miles on the other side of the Columbia. The map provided by Seattle FBI agent Larry Carr says otherwise...(attached) Between you and the FBI, I choose to believe the map the FBI agent made public.

BLEVINS,

I DID NOT SAY THAT THE AIRLINER WAS SIX MILES WEST OF WOODLAND.

I SAID THAT WOODLAND WAS SIX MILES WEST OF V-23.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR CLAIM AND MY STATEMENT IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED.

Maybe you could get someone to explain that difference and to read my original post to you.

Robert99

I have seen your post. Okay...when the airliner overflew Woodland it was six miles west of V-23. But how do you know the airliner's exact position as opposed to the map offered up by Special Agent Larry Carr? Were you there tracking it? Did you see it from the ground going by?

I certainly didn't. I was watching Cronkite passing out the news about it on KIRO-TV 7 that night. You have this, you have that. Fine. But I haven't seen one hard bit of evidence from you (so far) that proves 305 went over Tina Bar on its way to Portland. No presentations beyond words, nothing given except conjecture and guesswork. The truth is YOU DON'T KNOW...and not only that but you have a reticence to contact co-pilot Bill Rataczak and ASK HIM about it, even though I gave you everything but his number publicly.

You keep trying to shift reality in an effort to explain the Tina Bar money. (Cooper went kerplunk there) But the evidence is against that. The search is against that. Nothing is in your favor there, and you are afraid to discover the truth by going to the only person who can tell you for sure. ;)

I guess you could try a Kenny Christiansen reference again, but I don't think anyone's going to buy that much.

Again...map attached.

RobertMBlevins

I have seen your post. Okay...when the airliner overflew Woodland it was six miles west of V-23. But how do you know the airliner's exact position as opposed to the map offered up by Special Agent Larry Carr? Were you there tracking it? Did you see it from the ground going by?

I certainly didn't. I was watching Cronkite passing out the news about it on KIRO-TV 7 that night. You have this, you have that. Fine. But I haven't seen one hard bit of evidence from you (so far) that proves 305 went over Tina Bar on its way to Portland. No presentations beyond words, nothing given except conjecture and guesswork. The truth is YOU DON'T KNOW...and not only that but you have a reticence to contact co-pilot Bill Rataczak and ASK HIM about it, even though I gave you everything but his number publicly.

You keep trying to shift reality in an effort to explain the Tina Bar money. (Cooper went kerplunk there) But the evidence is against that. The search is against that. Nothing is in your favor there, and you are afraid to discover the truth by going to the only person who can tell you for sure. ;)

I guess you could try a Kenny Christiansen reference again, but I don't think anyone's going to buy that much.

Again...map attached.

Blevins,

Do you understand that Captain Scott is quoted by two people as telling Himmelsbach that the airliner passed over Woodland?

And do you understand that Captain Scott was on the airliner and responsible for the flight path of the airliner?

And do you understand that Larry Carr came along 35+ years later with a map and that he was trying to determine the source of that map and what it supposedly represented?

The rest of your post is just another of your efforts to try to undercut some facts that you don't like since they do not support your Cooper candidate.

Robert99

BruceSmith

"...Robert says: What 'multiple witnesses'? Last time I heard it was only Janet and the Man in Black who said that. And flying above heavy cloud cover and light rain at 9,600 feet does not qualify as 'low flying'.

Just saying. ;)..."

You lack of curiosity and knowledge continues, Bobby. Study the case and you'll know what I know.

What 'multiple witnesses'? I have plenty of curiosity. I wonder when we will return to the Moon, or land folks on Mars. Or better ways to power my devices without a noisy generator when I go camping, which I recently discovered were cheap and many, thanks to advances in deep-cycle battery tech and better inverters. ;)

"...What 'multiple witnesses'?..."

What do you mean "multiple witnesses?" Don't you read what I send you?

It's amazing how much time we spend here educating you.

The current number of eyewitnesses is three. I have received that from two different sources. How come you don't know that?

mark74

I know you are the voice of reason, but I believe the money was found on Tena or Tina bar while Tina was living nearby;
What if Cooper got fixated on Tina? He tried to give her money on the plane. Would he send her a love message?

Your reasoning I do not understand, but I will tell you WHY he chose Tina's bar. Duane had told me about a woman he used to know who lived in the Gresham area of OR. He did not elaborate on that.

I will tell you from my knowledge of Duane Weber aka John Collins is that he had a heart and a genuine concern for others. Prior to his meeting me - his friends had nothing but good to say about him - other than a wife he was off and on with from 1972 to 1976...she had nothing good to say about him.

The man I met and married was a kind & generous man and he spent the next 17 yrs trying to become all he could be. I will never know what caused the change, but will relate what I think happpened.

My daughter in 1977 was the spitting image of Tina Mucklow.

We married in 1978 and he was a good husband and an above average father.

In 1979 on that trip to WA he may not have known what he was going to do with the damaged money, but I do believe that by making more than one deposit that Tina's Bar was symbolic. He wanted the FBI to think he was dead - and he wanted to set Tina free.

When the money was found Tina went into seclusion. Did anyone ever think that perhaps there was a reason he chose Tina's bar as one of the Deposits...Was it symbolic or coincidence? He did make a deposit almost directly across from the PDX (one of these three as best I can judge looking at a map - Topper Dr., Lieser Point or Image Lane) and one at The Red Lion and one at Tina's Bar. The only deposit the FBI ever recovered was Tina's Bar.

I believe he made a 4th deposit off of the brigde over to St. Helens in OR.

I know HOW he found out were Tina lived. Remember after her divorce in Ca. his ex-wife was working for a credit card company and Duane had communications with her in 1977. I personally put him on the plane to CA for Thankgiving in CA with the ex-wife. When he returned to GA. he told me that when he waved good-bye to her before boarding the plane it was for the last time.

I believe she told him where to find Tina Mucklow! She may have known what he intended to do with that knowledge. Duane was NOT a man without a conscience.

Frankly I have always believed it was his way of letting setting her Tina free....this is the only answer I have for why Duane made a specific deposit at Tina's Bar.

I do not know if he ever knew that she supposedly went into a convent because of the money find. Had he have known this I believe it would have torn him apart.

I do know in the aftermath of the money find he was paranoid about living in Ft. Collins. Perhaps he read something in the papers regarding the divorce from her husband. When he came back to CO for my daughter's graduation he asked her about a Coach at her school. Today I don't remember the name of that coach or gym teacher....but, I believe for some reason he thought the individual could have been married to Tina Mucklow or to Florence.

He seemed comfortable during the graduation ceremony, but left the next day for AL.

I only had a P.O. Box number for Duane - no physical address, until the day my daughter and I arrived in AL with the furniture.

I have told this same story before, but perhaps not in the same heart felt why I did tonight, because your post was cause for me to restate and reaffirm this belief.

Thank You for taking me back in time.

BruceSmith

"...What 'multiple witnesses'?..."

What do you mean "multiple witnesses?" Don't you read what I send you?

It's amazing how much time we spend here educating you.

The current number of eyewitnesses is three. I have received that from two different sources. How come you don't know that?

You've never sent me anything but a manuscript, and that was a while back.

Again? What 'multiple witnesses'? And this Fire in the Sky story has been roundly discounted. The jet was nearly ten thousand feet high, not 'low-flying', and there was heavy cloud cover and light rain in the Portland area on 11/24/1971.

As far as 'Janet,' she had me going until she got to the part about claiming a Man in Black showed up at her door two weeks after she allegedly wrote a letter to the Portland FBI about her sighting...and that this man told her to 'Shut the F#!K Up' about what she had seen. Unless someone intercepted her letter before it actually got to the FBI, this means she is claiming an FBI agent did this, which is ridiculous. And she is the original source for this fairy tale. Just because someone may have stepped up later and said the same thing doesn't make it true. Did you check the context of when Janet told this BS story to Tosaw? It was at a book signing. It's obvious to me she was just trying to impress him. I really liked the part where she says she 'saw something that looked like a man' on the airstairs. Oh, yeah. No one saw that jet from the ground when it passed over Portland. That would be im-possible. Now you claim even MORE sources for an impossible scenario, quoting MORE (unnamed, unsourced) witnesses:

'I saw fire in the sky from an airplane the night of the hijacking forty plus years ago, but I'm only mentioning it now...and NO...I didn't see the article in the Standard Examiner...'

Where do you get this stuff? :S I'm supposed to listen to advice to 'study the case and you'll know what I know,' from a guy who alienates almost everyone he interviews and thinks astral projection will provide him the answers on Cooper? ;)

RobertMBlevins

Where do you get this stuff? :S I'm supposed to listen to advice to 'study the case and you'll know what I know,' from a guy who alienates almost everyone he interviews and thinks astral projection will provide him the answers on Cooper? ;)

You KNOW WHERE he gets it. Galen Cook is using him as a Puppet or Bruce is creating crap....just to agitate and to confuse and defuse any truths that exist....

Individuals like this use ploys to defuse and confuse....and you guys just keep on taking the bait.

skyjack71

You KNOW WHERE he gets it. Galen Cook is using him as a Puppet or Bruce is creating crap....just to agitate and to confuse and defuse any truths that exist....

Individuals like this use ploys to defuse and confuse....and you guys just keep on taking the bait.

It's not taking bait. I see everything those guys say over at the alternate site, either live at Greg's house, or by the occasional update.

I don't give a rat's butt about Cook. I had some respect for the guy until he decided to start lying about receiving emails from Porteous about me, allegedly with negative comments. Porteous hasn't contacted him in years, and probably high-fives me (virtually) every time I PayPal him another royalty payment.