47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

Chaucer, 

You keep making the same error. 

You and others are not taking the data into proper context.

The comms timing is not as accurate as you seem to think. You are applying a degree of precision that isn't inherent in the information.

The marks on the map are not as accurate as you think.

Each mark can be a mile off to the side in any direction. The exact time associated with each mark can be off at 3 mi/minute. The "flight path" is not precise in the short lengths.

It is a plot not really a path.

The Pearson plot was an estimate by somebody trying to make sense of it. 

Those marks do not mean the plane was actually there at that time.

The turns can appear sharper than they really were due to the plotting error.

Take the "flight path" and add a mile on either side, the plane could have been anywhere in there.

The line in the short term is far more erratic than the the planes actual path.

People don't understand what it really is. It is not the actual path, it is an estimate based on plotting.

I have been working on this,, a graphical smoothing of the plots using a 1 mile error.. it would take out the erratic nature and sharp turn and better represent the actual path.

Edited by FLYJACK

9 hours ago, Chaucer said:

I think the actual term used is "bob", not "blob". As in "bobbing up and down". I don't think this is particularly important. It could simply provide and earlier start time of the oscillations. 8:09 vs. 8:10.

One thing that is interesting is that this document states that the plane was on autopilot as it flew south from Seattle. Rataczak has stated the exact opposite. He said they flew by hand because they were not sure how the plane would respond with the aftstairs fully extended in flight.

I know they use bob, I have always used blob... 

It is telling us that an event occurred at that time. Probably Cooper on the down stairs..

Assuming the plane was being flown on auto is irrelevant,, Rat said manual but others have pointed out that it isn't necessarily one or the other, there is an in between where the plane is flown manual with auto systems. I am not a pilot but they aren't necessarily opposites.. 

However, the plane was flown that 8:09 trim event occurred.

I disagree 100%,  It is the most important timing event we have.

If it was Cooper at the bottom of the stairs extending them at 8:09, 

The noted oscillations start and the crew reports them.. We are getting oscillations,, at 8:09/8:10 real time not 8:12 timestamp. Your 8:12 time argument is over.

We have Cooper now on the stairs at 8:09.

How long would he have stood there before jumping?

60 seconds? 120 seconds? 180 seconds? 240 seconds? that only gets you to 8:13.

That is lots of time..

For Cooper to jump next to the Columbia he would have had to stand there for 8-9 minutes and jumped over the lights of Vancouver/Portland.  That seems very unlikely.

The conflation between "oscillations" and "pressure bump" doesn't move the 8:11ish jump time... 

The arg that the bump had to be after 8:13 is not valid.

Is it possible Cooper jumped later,, sure, anything is possible but I don't see any evidence to support it vs the 8:11 time. The 8:12 crew comms timestamp doesn't do it.

10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

They used the time correlation on the actual tape itself. In other words, the tape had some sort of time stamp going as a part of its function. So they would play it back a bunch of times, and because of these time stamps, (or whatever you choose to call them) they were able to determine the time of certain events.

I'm sure the time stamps are accurate, but the FBI is looking at the wrong thing. 8:11 is the time of the oscillations were happening. The pressure bump occurred later.

2 minutes ago, Chaucer said:

I'm sure the time stamps are accurate, but the FBI is looking at the wrong thing. 8:11 is the time of the oscillations were happening. The pressure bump occurred later.

Your assumption in incorrect, the 8:12 time stamp is not accurate enough to support your argument.

I believe the pressure bump was the largest "oscillation".... 

(edited)
2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I know they use bob, I have always used blob... 

It is telling us that an event occurred at that time. Probably Cooper on the down stairs..

Assuming the plane was being flown on auto is irrelevant,, Rat said manual but others have pointed out that it isn't necessarily one or the other, there is an in between where the plane is flown manual with auto systems. I am not a pilot but they aren't necessarily opposites.. 

However, the plane was flown that 8:09 trim event occurred.

I disagree 100%,  It is the most important timing event we have.

If it was Cooper at the bottom of the stairs extending them at 8:09, 

The noted oscillations start and the crew reports them.. We are getting oscillations,, at 8:09/8:10 real time not 8:12 timestamp. Your 8:12 time argument is over.

We have Cooper now on the stairs at 8:09.

How long would he have stood there before jumping?

60 seconds? 120 seconds? 180 seconds? 240 seconds? that only gets you to 8:13.

That is lots of time..

For Cooper to jump next to the Columbia he would have had to stand there for 8-9 minutes and jumped over the lights of Vancouver/Portland.  That seems very unlikely.

The conflation between "oscillations" and "pressure bump" doesn't move the 8:11ish jump time... 

The arg that the bump had to be after 8:13 is not valid.

Is it possible Cooper jumped later,, sure, anything is possible but I don't see any evidence to support it vs the 8:11 time. The 8:12 crew comms timestamp doesn't do it.

If we assume the 8:09 event was Cooper on the stairs, then he was on those stairs for at least two minutes.

At the end of the day, we don't know when the pressure bump occurred, except that when it happened the oscillations ended. We don't know when the oscillations ended.

The 8:11 time has NOTHING to do with the pressure bump. It is the FBI erroneously conflating the oscillations with the time Cooper left the plane. That's a mistake. He left the plane later. When that was? We don't know, but we know it was later than 8:11 and likely later than 8:12. In fact, based on crew statements it could be any time between 8:13 and 8:17 (when they crossed the Columbia).

You have to stop mixing up the 8:09 event, the oscillations, and the pressure bump. Different things.

Edited by Chaucer

Just now, FLYJACK said:

Your assumption in incorrect, the 8:12 time stamp is not accurate enough to support your argument.

I believe the pressure bump was the largest "oscillation".... 

I'm not referring to the ARINC comm. I'm referring to the time stamp on the cockpit conversation (ear piece came out). 

1 minute ago, Chaucer said:

If we assume the 8:09 event was Cooper on the stairs, then he was on those stairs for at least two minutes.

At the end of the day, we don't know when the pressure bump occurred, except that when it happened the oscillations ended. We don't know when the oscillations ended.

The 8:11 time has NOTHING to do with the pressure bump. It is the FBI erroneously conflating the oscillations with the time Cooper left the plane. That's a mistake. He left the plane later. When that was? We don't know, but we know it was later than 8:11 and likely later than 8:12. In fact, based on crew statements it could be any time between 8:13 and 8:17 (when they crossed the Columbia.

You have to stop mixing up the 8:09 even, the oscillations, and the pressure bump. Different things.

Now, you have shifted your argument to later than 8:11.... from had to be after 8:13. But your are applying the same premise.

That is why the 8:09 FDR event is important. 

Crew statement times are just not accurate enough.

He left the plane after 8:09... yes,, about 8:11. 

The FBI analysis had the oscillations at 8:10.. last I checked 8:11 is after 8:10.

I am sticking with about 8:11, no matter what the bump oscillations were.

My guess is there were oscillations on instruments and larger ones that were noted as bumps until a big one.. Cooper leaving. To argue a time separation proves Cooper jumped after 8:13 you need to have a long period of time between the two events. If they were noted starting at 8:09.. you can have oscillations and the pressure bump before 8:13.. nothing shows it was later. We have 4 minutes between 8:09 and 8:13.

That said, it is possible, I just don't accept your argument for it using the 8:12 timestamp, the times just aren't that accurate.

To get to the Columbia R Cooper would have to have stood out on the stairs for 8-9 minutes.

(edited)

Everyone has lost the plot,,,

The flightpath map has serious limitations,,

Rejecting the "FBI" flightpath" based on the tight curves and erratic direction changes demonstrates a lack of understanding.

The plots have 1 mile location error and the line is far too large to represent a 727..

We get a VERY crude path estimation on that map.

I went through each plot and marked the error rate to create a wider potential path that was still within the plotting error.

Then I drew a smoothed path which is probably far more accurate than that black line..

It completely eliminates the erratic changes and sharp turns..

It may not be the exact flightpath but it is within the plotting error. 

With this smoothed path everyone should be able to find Cooper's LZ and those crew meals..

The methodology,,

I marked each radar plot exactly then added the 1 mile error. I drew two boundary lines one on each each side of those timing marks, the drawn black path line was ignored. It created a two mile wide corridor. Then I drew a smooth path within that corridor, within the radar/marking error.

It proves that the path can be substantially smoothed out and still be valid.

It may not be the exact path flown by NORJAK.. but it is much closer than the crudely drawn black line and it better reflects a jet's path.

Best to open in a new window and expand it to see better.

FlightPathsmoothed.thumb.jpg.0645c713f2b2477b4c4627b1ef22f6b5.jpg

adjusted to see the smoothed path..

FlightPathsmoothedlight.thumb.jpg.f84d85dd56c01955ea0c8bb45b73db2e.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

The rate of climb gauge registers pressure changes... oscillations are pressure bumps. Anderson referred to many bumps.. minor and the largest one..

The pressure bump for Cooper leaving was a major oscillation.

A series of fluctuations ending in a single pressure event... that suggests a unique short timeframe event. 

"but it wasn’t a one time event but a series of fluctuations which attracted our attention.  I saw it first then alerted Scott and Bill, ending in a single pressure event we felt in our ears"

so-called.. "pressure bump" the term used to distinguish the large pressure change/oscillation. 

"the "rate of descent" gauge that detected the so-called "pressure bump."

Largest bump by far..  must of been preceded by smaller bumps aka oscillations.

"We all agreed that the gauges were detecting a disruption of airflow, most likely caused by Cooper testing out the aft stairs.   But we all felt one physically distinguishable "bump" with our ears which came abruptly after we had been monitoring the gauges. We all felt it almost in unison, surprised, "there he goes!"  It was the largest bump by far, an abrupt pressure change."

One physically distinguishable bump (vs gauges) 

"We all agreed that the gauges were detecting a disruption of airflow, most likely caused by Cooper testing out the aft stairs.   But we all felt one physically distinguishable "bump" with our ears which came abruptly after we had been monitoring the gauges. We all felt it almost in unison, surprised, "there he goes!"  It was the largest bump by far, an abrupt pressure change."

Oscillations occurred prior to 8:05, the 8:12 report was not the first notice of oscillations.

"The oscillations continued, as I remember, but were smoother and we hadn’t heard anything from Cooper.  Bill called back to him and he finally answered.  He said everything was “OK”."

My take from all the pieces...

The "oscillations" on the gauge were minor pressure bumps.. the problem is the crew didn't distinguish at the time between minor and major... they tried to separate the two later. 

Minor oscillations were occurring for some time noted both before and after the 8:05 Cooper call.

The 8:12 Oscillation report was at minimum 7 minutes after oscillations were first noticed. likely much longer.

That shifts the entire timeline..

back to the drawing board..

before 8:05 oscillations

8:05 last contact with Cooper

smoother oscillations

8:09 bob on FDR, trim adjust

8:10-8:12 Crew reports getting oscillations.. (more minor ones or new major ones  = Cooper jump)

gauge4.jpeg

pressuredrop.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Drilled down with the smoothed flightpath..

Top yellow is 20:11 at top and 20:13 bottom.

Left red line is smoothed FP.

Right yellow is max chute drift..

Blue arc is walking distance to Heisson Store by 11:30.. outside that Cooper could not have walked to the store by 11:30.

red squiggly = RR tracks

Note the large dense forest right in the middle..

Anybody know what that is??

I went back to 1985 and that area was smaller.

In 1985 90% of that area was clear open land..

area1.jpeg.575e594f4f9878a40b379d92d9a0a142.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

On the food in the briefcase. Max Gunther gets some bad press in the case, but his book from 1985, long before any of us joined the case, has Cooper stashing the money and going back for it later (logical). But he has him leaving some food with it, and animals getting into the food, which could have accounted for the money being separated. I still to this day think the Tina Bar money is a red herring. $6000 found, $194,000 not found. Wouldn’t it make more sense to put effort into where the $194,000 went? I don’t think the $6000 was buried. My guess is it separated on the plane (stew) or fell out on the stairs (Gunther) or was separated by animals (Gunther). The Tina Bar money find is fun, but not completely relevant. 

(edited)
18 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

On the food in the briefcase. Max Gunther gets some bad press in the case, but his book from 1985, long before any of us joined the case, has Cooper stashing the money and going back for it later (logical). But he has him leaving some food with it, and animals getting into the food, which could have accounted for the money being separated. I still to this day think the Tina Bar money is a red herring. $6000 found, $194,000 not found. Wouldn’t it make more sense to put effort into where the $194,000 went? I don’t think the $6000 was buried. My guess is it separated on the plane (stew) or fell out on the stairs (Gunther) or was separated by animals (Gunther). The Tina Bar money find is fun, but not completely relevant. 

I agree with Darren's money guy,, if the 9700 bills were spent in US one would pop up in circulation eventually,,, people focus on the initial passing of the bills but they would still circulate for years,,, and there were lots of star notes in there, star notes a very collectable..

Cooper either lost the money (if he survived) or the money was taken out of the country and spent. Also, it may be still hidden somewhere,,,

BTW,, If Cooper survived but lost the money on land,, would he stick around and look for it?

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

From the Anderson interview..

I didn't catch it before.. 8:05 is the last comms with Cooper.

"The oscillations continued" "but were smoother"... that means there were oscillations right after the contact with Cooper to slow the plane down and before. 

"Bill called back"... 8:05 last contact with Cooper after oscillations were smoother.

"more time passed" "suddenly came that bump"... more time is after 8:05. 5-7 minutes? 8:05 time 12-13 minutes from the Columbia.

So there were oscillations that were noticed for a while, why make the sudden 8:12 report.. these oscillations were different. Bigger. 

"The stairs weren’t opening like Cooper needed. Cooper called me on the interphone while Tina was riding up front with us. Cooper had let Tina come to the front.  He yelled,  "slow it down!."  I stated back to Cooper, "OK."  And we did;  we slowed the plane. The oscillations continued, as I remember, but were smoother and we hadn’t heard anything from Cooper.  Bill called back to him and he finally answered.  He said everything was “OK”. More time passed. And then suddenly came that “bump”. After the final "bump" which we felt with our ears, we all discussed it for awhile, waiting for another bump.  It never repeated, so we assumed that was his exit."

7:50-53  quick climb 7000 to 10,000 and hold. 170-180 knots. Crew on O2] 

7:54 pm      
MSP:      As soon as reasonably sure the man has left the quicker you can land.
305:       Roger. Miss Mucklow said he apparently has the knapsack around him 
and thinks he will attempt a jump.  
MSP:      Roger. After leaving this freq go to 131.8 we have direct phone patch 
There (to Company and FBI)
305:       Roger.

8:01 pm    
MSP:      What is altitude?
305:      Now at 15 thousand.  (typo) Indicator 160. Fuel flow 4000. 15 degree flap. 
Gear down. CQN will stay at 10,000 until he has left. 
MSP:      Roger.

8:05 pm            
305:      Have attempted on two occasions to make contact with individual he 
did not reply. Then used PA system and he said, “Everything is Ok”.

ANDERSON SAID, more time passed from 8:05 = 7 minutes later..

THIS HAS TO BE THE JUMP TIME (mark your maps)
8:12 pm    
305:   Getting some oscillations in the cabin. Must be doing something with
 the air stairs.

Crew discusses and waits to call it in..

8:20 pm    
305:   Called. (no response from Cooper)
MSP:      Go to 131.8 (phone patch to company on that freq.)
SEADD:   He (Nyrop?) is already on that frequency.
MSP:      Roger. We are on the phone and will be talking to him shortly. 
SEADD:   Roger

Edited by FLYJACK

Flyjack, 

I’m trying to catch up with everything you have posted, but I will say this: 

At 8:11/8:12 NO pressure bump was reported. OSCILLATIONS were reported. There was nothing like, “We just had a major pressure fluctuation.” Or We just had a large pressure oscillations.” 

Rather, the statement is “We are getting some oscillations in the cabin.” That implies that it hasn’t ended. It implies that it is ongoing. 

It’s the difference between being pregnant and giving birth. At 8:11, the crew was reporting being pregnant (getting oscillations), but mentioned nothing about giving birth (the pressure bump/jump)

My point stands: there is nothing reporting a “final pressure bump” or “large pressure fluctuation” or “major oscillation”. All we know is that at 8:11 they were “getting ocscillations”. The pressure bump came AFTER this time. When was that? Again, we don’t know, but Rat says it was 5 to 10 minutes after last contact and later change that to 10 to 15 minutes. But they also state that they could see the lights of Portland, but hadn’t crossed the Columbia. They crossed the Columbia around 8:17. So, the jump occurred after 8:11 and before 8:17. A jump closer to the Columbia makes sense because it could account for the Tena Bar money. 

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Chaucer said:

Flyjack, 

I’m trying to catch up with everything you have posted, but I will say this: 

At 8:11/8:12 NO pressure bump was reported. OSCILLATIONS were reported. There was nothing like, “We just had a major pressure fluctuation.” Or We just had a large pressure oscillations.” 

Rather, the statement is “We are getting some oscillations in the cabin.” That implies that it hasn’t ended. It implies that it is ongoing. 

It’s the difference between being pregnant and giving birth. At 8:11, the crew was reporting being pregnant (getting oscillations), but mentioned nothing about giving birth (the pressure bump/jump)

My point stands: there is nothing reporting a “final pressure bump” or “large pressure fluctuation” or “major oscillation”. All we know is that at 8:11 they were “getting ocscillations”. The pressure bump came AFTER this time. When was that? Again, we don’t know, but Rat says it was 5 to 10 minutes after last contact and later change that to 10 to 15 minutes. But they also state that they could see the lights of Portland, but hadn’t crossed the Columbia. They crossed the Columbia around 8:17. So, the jump occurred after 8:11 and before 8:17. A jump closer to the Columbia makes sense because it could account for the Tena Bar money. 

I get your point but disagree entirely, you are relying on real time semantics that were revised on reflection. You are trying to interpret the crew's language or lack of clarity at a time that they were unsure of the event.

Rat's changing the comment doesn't mean anything. It is a throw away line that carries no weight.

Oscillations are pressure bumps...  the "so-called pressure bump" was a later term applied by the crew. They didn't know exactly what happened real time. It was a BIG oscillation, all oscillations are pressure bumps.

The oscillations were ongoing from well before the 8:05 last contact..

Why make the frantic report at 8:12 if the oscillations had been known for a long time..

The oscillations had changed nature. The jump was right before the "pressure bump"...

The crew reported at 8:12 "We're having a baby,,,,"  Was NORJAK pregnant or giving birth?

NORJAK gave birth to a 175 lb swarthy latin skydiver... around 8:11 IMO

Edited by FLYJACK

6 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

I get your point but disagree entirely, you are relying on real time semantics that were revised on reflection. You are trying to interpret the crew's language or lack of clarity at a time that they were unsure of the event.

Rat's changing the comment doesn't mean anything. It is a throw away line that carries no weight.

Oscillations are pressure bumps...  the "so-called pressure bump" was a later term applied by the crew. They didn't know exactly what happened real time. It was a BIG oscillation, all oscillations are pressure bumps.

The oscillations were ongoing from well before the 8:05 last contact..

Why make the frantic report at 8:12 if the oscillations had been known for a long time..

The oscillations had changed nature. The jump was right before the "pressure bump"...

The crew reported at 8:12 "We're having a baby,,,,"  Was NORJAK pregnant or giving birth?

NORJAK gave birth to a 175 lb swarthy latin skydiver... around 8:11 IMO

I think you're the one interpreting semantics. For example, you dismiss a member of the crews statement for no apparent reason. You equate oscillations with pressure bumps. You say describe the report at 8:12 as "frantic", but there's nothing that indicates that. You're assuming the pressure bump couldn't be differentiated from the previous oscillations despite the crew statements to the contrary. I think you are trying to make connections with the language that aren't in the evidence.

And NORJACK couldn't have "given birth" at 8:11 because it was still "pregnant".

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Chaucer said:

I think you're the one interpreting semantics. For example, you dismiss a member of the crews statement for no apparent reason. You equate oscillations with pressure bumps. You say describe the report at 8:12 as "frantic", but there's nothing that indicates that. You're assuming the pressure bump couldn't be differentiated from the previous oscillations despite the crew statements to the contrary. I think you are trying to make connections with the language that aren't in the evidence.

And NORJACK couldn't have "given birth" at 8:11 because it was still "pregnant".

I am a professional semantics interpreter..  I have a degree in it.

Oscillations on the gauge are pressure bumps,, the confusion is the degree or size..

The crew differentiated later.. after they sorted out what happened.

This is frantic,,  FACT,, they had been watching oscillations for while already... 

bumposl.jpeg.8aea5ca2df8195d9c1b86d1934bafa45.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

12 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

I am a professional semantics interpreter..  I have a degree in it.

Oscillations on the gauge are pressure bumps,, the confusion is the degree or size..

The crew differentiated later.. after they sorted out what happened.

This is frantic,,  FACT,, they had been watching oscillations for while already... 

bumposl.jpeg.8aea5ca2df8195d9c1b86d1934bafa45.jpeg

I'm a college English professor, so I'm LITERALLY a semantics professional. LOL

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...

I wish the information from the flight data recorder was available to see when any major pressure bump were documented. So many blank spaces.

Just now, Chaucer said:

I'm a college English professor, so I'm LITERALLY a semantics professional. LOL

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...

I wish the information from the flight data recorder was available to see when any major pressure bump were documented. So many blank spaces.

I won't hold that against you.

There was a tragic plane crash in Canada,, the tower told the snowplow driver to "clear the runway" so he drove out to remove the snow.. The plane crashed into the snowplow.

But, I just don't accept your argument as likely. 

The timestamps were just not accurate enough... the words used at the time were just not that accurate during a time when the crew was trying to understand the situation... 

This is the Cooper case in a nutshell..  deciphering the unknown while you don't know what you don't know..

2 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

I won't hold that against you.

There was a tragic plane crash in Canada,, the tower told the snowplow driver to "clear the runway" so he drove out to remove the snow.. The plane crashed into the snowplow.

But, I just don't accept your argument as likely. 

The timestamps were just not accurate enough... the words used at the time were just not that accurate during a time when the crew was trying to understand the situation... 

This is the Cooper case in a nutshell..  deciphering the unknown while you don't know what you don't know..

I think we are both saying the same thing in different ways.

My point is that we don't know when the pressure bump happened exactly, so we don't know when Cooper bailed exactly. 

12 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Cooper either lost the money (if he survived)

I don't understand why this possibility isn't talked about more. 

No money = No lifestyle change.

Ol' Bob is still driving the same junky car that he always drove, living in the same old shack he's been living in. He even seems a little more cranky of late. No Red Flags.

(edited)

I agree with this.. the use of the term oscillations implies precision but is actually vague.

The gauge reads pressure fluctuations, these are pressure bumps.. needle oscillates.

Oscillations were observed for some time,, some were "smoother".. not all the same magnitude.

Oscillations were "minor" and "major". We have a variation within the oscillations.

Anderson suggests multiple bumps. The biggest one as the "so-called" pressure bump... bumps are oscillations on the gauge.

Multiple bumps means more than the big one..  

The large pressure bump right after Cooper left is an oscillation, it differs in magnitude.

The term "pressure bump" was applied after the fact to distinguish magnitude of the large oscillation caused right after Cooper jumped.

From Gray's book..

grayoscillations.jpeg.bc03ec5217b201f4e098d1bed9f57e6e.jpeg

Times...  same thing, they imply a precision which isn't there.

None of the times are synchronized to any baseline, they are rounded or concatenated to the minute and processed differently using different timing and comms systems.

Like herding cats, you can line them up with any prescision.

IMO, using those times Cooper most likely jumped about 8:11 +/- 1 minute.

Then, where exactly was the plane?

We get compounding error rates..

There is a +/- minute error on the flightpath map..

So, on the physical map..

Using a Cooper jump time of 8:11 +/- 1 minute

= 8:10 - 8:12 PLUS map error of +/- minute

= anywhere along the flightpath map from 8:09 - 8:13.. that is a lot of real estate.

We are back to where we started almost 50 years ago..

IMO, the key is figuring out the 8:09 FDR trim adjust,,, ask Rat about it.. why no other FDR "bobs"... why a "bob" at about 8:09 and not when Cooper jumped later,,

unless that was Cooper jumping? if so, that could translate up to 8:11 on the physical map.. IDK

Edited by FLYJACK

39 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I don't understand why this possibility isn't talked about more. 

No money = No lifestyle change.

Ol' Bob is still driving the same junky car that he always drove, living in the same old shack he's been living in. He even seems a little more cranky of late. No Red Flags.

or Ol' Bill lost the money and pulled another job..

(edited)

Speaking of airplane incidents..

A relative of mine was killed on the most famous unsolved plane bombings in Canada. 

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/bomb-on-board-canadian-airlines-flight-21

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Pacific_Air_Lines_Flight_21

Canadian Pacific Air Lines Flight 21 was a scheduled domestic flight from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, via Prince George, Fort St. John, Fort Nelson and Watson Lake on July 8, 1965. The Douglas DC-6B plane crashed near 100 Mile House, British Columbia, taking the lives of all 52 aboard. An inquest determined that the explosion was the result of a bomb, but as of 2021 the crime remains unsolved.

I researched this and believe that a passenger was likely transporting explosives and the plane was hit by lightning igniting the explosives in a bag next to the outer skin of the plane... IMO

but many suspect an insurance scheme..

This incident may have inspired the 1970 movie "Airport"... which may have inspired Cooper...

Tail-Reconstruction-CROP.jpg.fa70e9aa8d7af3dcc67632fb3c9229c2.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK