47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

Or...maybe it's just like I said in the post you quoted above.

Complaining? I VOTED for legalization. (I may not use weed, but I don't have a problem if others do so.)

Well ... what you said in the post above was:

"Ariel is great, but serious discussions on the case are hard to
come by. Mostly people get hammered, dance their asses off, or
step out into the road to smoke dope. (It's legal in Washington
now.) "

Now you say you did not say what you said!

Something tells me the folks at Ariel and WHS will be glad you
didn't show up!

So why are you here?

But following the trend above, maybe you aren't here!

Maybe I'm replying to someone who doesn't even exist! ?

AND...... we are still not allowed to know where the plane actually was

The bureau took the entire seat assy to DC for hair fiber fingerprint analysis... I am betting they have hair samples that belong to Cooper and have yet to see a match to any of the favorite suspects

When I went to the museum in Tacoma, the young lady giving the tour talked about a male passenger who sat across the aisle from Cooper & Tina, he remembers wondering why is she sitting with him ?? He was jealous, no doubt felt he was a much more attractive guy

Guys, think about it... this would make him a great witness right?? He says Cooper was a complete ragbag. Maybe spent 20 minutes staring at Coopers side view profile ..... Tina is not talking, but I bet this guy will......

BruceSmith

Update on Jo's stories:

This just in:

Galen just told me that Jo never spoke with the key eye-witness, Bill Mitchell, the 20 year-old who sat in Cooper's row. Galen says that when he spoke with Bill Mitchell a couple years back, he asked him specifically if he had ever spoken with Jo, and Bill said no.

Further, Galen also says that Tina is not enamored with Jo. Again, a couple years ago he had his secretary impersonate Jo and call Tina. When she answered the phone, the secretary said, "Hi this is Jo Weber from Florida," and Tina immediately hung up.

Further updates to follow.

-Uncle Brucie, stlll stinkin' in Cooper Country

Remember the email above and remember it well! I have reconnected with Bill - I still had a contact number for him, but the email was his old Boeing email address. Well, I got a reply today!

I left a message for Bill at the old phone number I had - and today he contacted me by email.

The only problem he had with Duane was the ears and he is wants to see the new pictures I have acquired in the last few yrs.

NOTE what he said - his only problem was the ears! He asked to see the new pictures! He remembered me and our last communication was in 2001 or 2002....over 10 yrs ago.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Note this:

When people like Bruce and Galen lie - the lies eventually catch up to them.

I will be doing the pictures by SNAIL mail as I feel pictures one can hold in their hands is like being hands on with the subject.

Galen at one time stated I was one damn good investigator. Well, all I have done is connect with individuals and tell them what I know. NO lies or deceptions - other than some 'teases' in the thread.

I have NOT badgered the witnesses in the case - such as Tina, Florence, Bill R and Bill M and I have never spoke to Alice. Yes, I am sure I have been a pain in the ass for Mr. H, but he was FBI and not a witness. I have aways first put myself in the place of the witnesses.

As for those who claim to be in contact with Geoffry - I seriously doubt that is true. There may have been some brief contacts, but not to the extent some have claimed in the thread.

This thread is full of FALSE information provided by individuals who participate in this thread - one can only guess why. If Bruce and Galen would use such out and out lies then how does one believe they made accurate accountings of other things they have claimed?

Bruce's interviews some of you thought were so good - also contained false information changed for the benefit of the writer or author.

Perhaps he will only claim - writer's privilege, but I believe when one writes about REAL PEOPLE they need to keep to the facts and only facts they can prove and know to be.

Bruce twists things to suit his needs. This to me is a fault where the writer creates fiction.

Only here to do this one post setting the records straight. I am very busy and very tired. Unable to have the flu shot so I have to avoid public places....and that mean airplanes. Therefore do NOT look for me to be in WA.

BYE - I will be on patrol for the lies!

I never felt the need to harass or intimidate nor show up at the door of wittiness in an on going federal case.It sounds illegal to me.I should ask Curtis Eng.SPA FBI.The gray Cupcake GC148

PS she has asked to be left alone
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

skyjack71

Galen Cook was so evasive and strange that I could never get a straight answer out of him - so you asked a question I can't answer. I assume that he was interested in Duane in the beginning. but he and I spit nails. I don't like being lied to and talked to the way the did and I was NOT co-operative with him at all - especially after I was informed that he was not giving me correct info.

It would be Nov of 2003 when he wrote me a letter asking me to keep it confidential. He enclosed a photo of a subject who doesn't look at all like Cooper and the dress and age seemed to be inappropriate. He had contacted me because he thought Duane was a good suspect, but only in theory I suspose or to get me to tell him what I knew.

At that time he did not have William Mitchell or Tina's address and wanted them off of me. I was empathic that I would NOT divulge Tina's address or phone number.

All I had for Mitchell was an email at his job and his daughters name and email (she had contacted me).
I did NOT have the information Cook asked for - address and phone number. Mitchell and I spoke thru emails and one phone call. I made it a point not to bug people.

Mitchell was a very young college student who sat across from Cooper, but paid him little attention.

Cook then contacted me after the annoucement of the DNA early this yrs 2008 and-we had a couple of phone calls - which I now realize was to pump me for information...and to use me. He wanted to be sure that I wasn't holding something back and that could cause him problems I suppose.

As for Bill Gossett - he seems terribly hi-profile to have been Cooper...and I did tell Cook about Vancouver BC and the Idaho and Washington area that Duane knew someone in - infact I had found out where Cook lived and told him this person was in his backyard.

Now it seems he was. Sorry I still know that Duane was Cooper and as I have always said if he wasn't he sure as hell knew who was...I told Cook this also. No one can take away the bag and the stub and the ticket - of course it is only my word, but I will go to my death with those memories.

Anyone as hi-profile ;and visibile as Gossett would have been virtually impossible to not be spotted. Gossetts photos that I have seen - he seems a little wirey in build - but folks get that way as the get older also - curious to see a full body of Gossett as a 45 yr old.

I keep trying to remember where I heard that name - I suppose Cook gave me a name at one time. The Wolfgang didn't mean anything to me.

Hi Jo, you are saying he did not give Cooper much notice, but apparently he told the museum he was definitely looking Cooper over.

What about his response to the other suspects pictures... of course he has looked ??

uberalles

Guys, think about it... this would make him a great witness right?? He says Cooper was a complete ragbag. Maybe spent 20 minutes staring at Coopers side view profile ..... Tina is not talking, but I bet this guy will......

Have no idea who this witness was.
Mitchell was too young for Tina and the other man who got a decent look at Cooper - was unknown to me.

Strange I have never heard the expression of ragbag stated regarding Cooper. Did you get that from the records made available recently of just an opinion?

I cannot download the records recently made available - just have dial-up. Due to all of the recent silence on the part of the FBI and others - it makes one wonder what the Hell is going on!

uberalles

AND...... we are still not allowed to know where the plane actually was

The bureau took the entire seat assy to DC for hair fiber fingerprint analysis... I am betting they have hair samples that belong to Cooper and have yet to see a match to any of the favorite suspects

When I went to the museum in Tacoma, the young lady giving the tour talked about a male passenger who sat across the aisle from Cooper & Tina, he remembers wondering why is she sitting with him ?? He was jealous, no doubt felt he was a much more attractive guy

Vas ist das 'ragbag' ?

The bag you stuff the rags into? What is the relevance?

Are you saying Cooper was dressed like a bum?

skyjack71

Mitchell was too young for Tina and the other man who got a decent look at Cooper - was unknown to me.

Strange I have never heard the expression of ragbag stated regarding Cooper. Did you get that from the records made available recently of just an opinion?

I cannot download the records recently made available - just have dial-up. Due to all of the recent silence on the part of the FBI and others - it makes one wonder what the Hell is going on!

Hi Jo, I talked to the Woman at the museum. she was the tour guide and set up some of the exhibits. She was talking about the witness across the aisle from Cooper.
She expressed specifically to me that this witness (a young man) was jealous because the FA was paying so much attention to Cooper. This same witness said everything about Cooper was cheap wrinkled messy

Ragbag: Wrinkled messy disheveled like maybe his clothes were in a paper bag and he changed into them at the airport ??

Hi Jo, you are saying he did not give Cooper much notice, but apparently he told the museum he was definitely looking Cooper over.

What about his response to the other suspects pictures... of course he has looked ??

Like I said it has been over 10 yrs since I spoke to Mitchell. My mind set was on Duane Weber. I did NOT discuss other suspects with him. In fact in 2001 Galen Cook was NOT in the picture with Gossett nor was Blevins involved with KC.

The questions you ask are not mine to answer.

Duane Weber suspect in 1996

Gossett suspect in ???? 2005

Kenny Christiansen ???? 2009

LD Cooper ???? 2010

THEREFORE - I did NOT discussed OTHER subjects with Mitchell. I contacted him in 2001. I was reading the 2000 and 2001 files I kept by printing the emails...and making logs with my computer...all in black and white.

Gossett and Christiansen came later. I approached the DZ in 2004 - is that correct guys? The first thread crashed and Quade was nice enough to establish this thread with limitations.

The only suspect I was aware of when I spoke to Mitchell was Coffelt - a very early suspect.
There was one called Strawman who was ruled out before Weber was ever introduced as a suspect in 1996.

Right now I would not be able to name off the top of my head suspects prior to 1996 (when Duane confessed).

Since the inception of this thread there have been multiple suspects presented to the public, but not to the FBI.

I think Ill go up to Ariel and look at the lights on the dam for a while think of Kenny and his partner all by my self smile and laugh a little I know his looking down and he loves it. GC148 Ill take the camera just in case the taverns open.
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

As far as serious discussions on the case at Ariel, the only good ones happen early in the day. Later, it's just too loud and people are well...having fun. As they should be. Ariel isn't a symposium. It's a party. I see that as normal. If it were anything else, either attendance would be light, or the event would have died long ago.

Looking forward to Ariel ;)

Meanwhile....what is Mitchells take on all the other favorites ??

Hi Jo, I talked to the Woman at the museum. she was the tour guide and set up some of the exhibits. She was talking about the witness across the aisle from Cooper.
She expressed specifically to me that this witness (a young man) was jealous because the FA was paying so much attention to Cooper. This same witness said everything about Cooper was cheap wrinkled messy
Ragbag: Wrinkled messy disheveled like maybe his clothes were in a paper bag and he changed into them at the airport ??

JO Replies:
Tour Guide - was she ON the PLANE?

Where did SHE get HER information from?

I have ever heard of that description.

ALL any of us have to rely on is the witness testimonies?

Did you read that description in the FBI files?

I doubt the 18 yr old who was Mitchell would have made that kind of observation - perhaps an older business man might have.

Regardless - perhaps you need to find a reference in the files and news articles that state such.

Perhaps the young lady was trying to impress you or the others. A guide should NOT be able to express an opinion or erroneous information - only facts regarding the case. If she has not been schooled regarding this perhaps she needs to be reported.

Remember this is the internet and if you are lieing about what the young lady said - you could cost her the job. To make such a comment if untrue about a suspect is uncalled for.

RobertMBlevins

******Or...maybe it's just like I said in the post you quoted above.

Complaining? I VOTED for legalization. (I may not use weed, but I don't have a problem if others do so.)

Well ... what you said in the post above was:

"Ariel is great, but serious discussions on the case are hard to
come by. Mostly people get hammered, dance their asses off, or
step out into the road to smoke dope. (It's legal in Washington
now.) "

Now you say you did not say what you said!

Something tells me the folks at Ariel and WHS will be glad you
didn't show up!

So why are you here?

But following the trend above, maybe you aren't here!

Maybe I'm replying to someone who doesn't even exist! ?

Georger...have you actually attended any of the Ariel celebrations in the last three years? I already know you would have to travel quite a distance to do so. If your answer is 'NO,' then what in the heck gives you the right to come down on ME for skipping it once in FOUR years?

As a matter of fact, when I go to Ariel I am very low-key. The only people I ever tell who I am don't need to be told, because they already KNOW who I am. I don't discuss Christiansen, not usually. I listen to others, I do a video, I buy trinkets and spend money to help support the event. I've NEVER brought copies of Blast to any of the events, and I certainly don't pass out business cards or try to hawk Adventure Books in any way. It might sound funny, but I would find that demeaning and cheap.

And after going to Ariel for the last three sessions, what I said about the event holds true. That one-hour video? I interviewed a lot of folks and made notes on the event. On the other two Ariels I attended, I would mostly try to discover who they thought Cooper was, whether he got away with it, how many times they've been to Ariel, how far they traveled, who they think is the suspect, etc. In my mind, the event is about THEM. Some have been attending for decades. Mostly locals.

Again...if you haven't attended Ariel for some years, instead of harping on me to go a fourth time in a row...maybe you should go yourself and stop whining because I skipped it this time.

As far as serious discussions on the case at Ariel, the only good ones happen early in the day. Later, it's just too loud and people are well...having fun. As they should be. Ariel isn't a symposium. It's a party. I see that as normal. If it were anything else, either attendance would be light, or the event would have died long ago.

We could care less -

"...Guys, think about it... this would make him a great witness right?? He says Cooper was a complete ragbag. Maybe spent 20 minutes staring at Coopers side view profile ..... Tina is not talking, but I bet this guy will......

Mitchell was too young for Tina and the other man who got a decent look at Cooper - was unknown to me..."

Reply:

Some facts are in order, here, I believe. Bill Mitchell is a premier witness, as he sat in seat 18 B, with Tina in 18 D and Cooper in 18E.

He was 20 years old. Tina was 22. "Too young," Ms Weber?

Mitchell gives a very comprehensive overview of his experience on Flight 305 in a 17-page document currently available on the web site of the Washington State Historical Museum.

Speaking of which, Sail and I are going back on the next Free Thursday, Nov. 21.

I do not remember if Mitchell described Cooper as a "ragbag" or any other dismissive characterization. He did say however that Cooper has a fold of soft skin under his chin, a "turkey gobble," he called it. I had never heard that before.

As for Cooper's size and physique, Mitchell said he was "way bigger" than the skyjacker, at 220 and 6'2".

Mitchell also says that Cooper "was a geeky-looking guy." He also said that the skyjacker's hair "looked awful."

In his WSHM interview, Mitchell did not comment on any suspect, but he does mention that he has seen dozens, if not hundreds of photographs. He says the FBI brought him pix 2-3 times a day immediately after the skyjacking for weeks. Then when he returned to college, the FO in Salem would come by regularly, once or twice a week for a year and always bring at least ten photos each time.

This begs the question: How come Duane was not on anyone's radar screen until Jo introduced him in 1995?

Nevertheless, I suppose Jo will now be looking for pix of Duane that make him look geeky with a messed-up hair, and a turkey gobble of skin under his chin.

BTW: Mitchell also said the sun was shinning when he boarded Flight 305, but one should remember that the PNW frequently has "sun breaks" during rainy periods.

BruceSmith

BTW: Mitchell also said the sun was shinning when he boarded Flight 305, but one should remember that the PNW frequently has "sun breaks" during rainy periods.

That is utterly impossible.

The gret researcher RobertM Blevins says so.

Reply:

True Gret.

. . .

skyjack71

JO Replies:

I doubt the 18 yr old who was Mitchell would have made that kind of observation - perhaps an older business man might have.

Regardless - perhaps you need to find a reference in the files and news articles that state such.

Perhaps the young lady was trying to impress you or the others. A guide should NOT be able to express an opinion or erroneous information - only facts regarding the case. If she has not been schooled regarding this perhaps she needs to be reported.

Remember this is the internet and if you are lieing about what the young lady said - you could cost her the job. To make such a comment if untrue about a suspect is uncalled for.

I don't think he is lying Jo. Though, he uses different words, this goes along with what Gray has said.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xrVhmSouCeo
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

JO Replies:

I don't think he is lying Jo. Though, he uses different words, this goes along with what Gray has said.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xrVhmSouCeo

What did he smell like? Engine oil?

Did he have dirt under his nails?

Spagetti sauce on his coat?

I guess that rules out the "neat well manicured" Duane or
Kenny.

It is wierd to me that after all these years we are finally getting
a few essential facts about DB Cooper! I wonder what else we
don't know and weren't told. No wonder the Blevins's and the
Webers etc can rum rampant.

Is the world round too !!!!! ?????

Hey I heard of a new thing some guy in Idaho has - he calls it
FIRE! He said he's got something else called a WHEEL!

What is this world comming to?

[:/]

Some facts are in order, here, I believe. Bill Mitchell is a premier witness, as he sat in seat 18 B, with Tina in 18 D and Cooper in 18E.

Mitchell gives a very comprehensive overview of his experience on Flight 305 in a 17-page document currently available on the web site of the Washington State Historical Museum.

Speaking of which, Sail and I are going back on the next Free Thursday, Nov. 21.

I do not remember if Mitchell described Cooper as a "ragbag" or any other dismissive characterization. He did say however that Cooper has a fold of soft skin under his chin, a "turkey gobble," he called it. I had never heard that before.

As for Cooper's size and physique, Mitchell said he was "way bigger" than the skyjacker, at 220 and 6'2".

Mitchell also says that Cooper "was a geeky-looking guy." He also said that the skyjacker's hair "looked awful."

In his WSHM interview, Mitchell did not comment on any suspect, but he does mention that he has seen dozens, if not hundreds of photographs. He says the FBI brought him pix 2-3 times a day immediately after the skyjacking for weeks. Then when he returned to college, the FO in Salem would come by regularly, once or twice a week for a year and always bring at least ten photos each time.

This begs the question: How come Duane was not on anyone's radar screen until Jo introduced him in 1995?

Nevertheless, I suppose Jo will now be looking for pix of Duane that make him look geeky with a messed-up hair, and a turkey gobble of skin under his chin.

Here is the link to the Mitchell interview http://collections.washingtonhistory.org/details.aspx?id=122559

Cooper was indeed a scrawny, white turkey neck, fake looking hair, geeky, suit wrinkled, intimidated by Mitchell, RAGBAG

Mitchell gives every detail of his experience w/ the bureau post touchdown... ;)

uberalles

Here is the link to the Mitchell interview http://collections.washingtonhistory.org/details.aspx?id=122559

Cooper was indeed a scrawny, white turkey neck, fake looking hair, geeky, suit wrinkled, intimidated by Mitchell, RAGBAG

Mitchell gives every detail of his experience w/ the bureau post touchdown... ;)

Hey...this hurts my feelings a little bit. :(

RAGBAG attached.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Doesn't E. Vicki's dad have that chin characteristic?

Why not show Mitchell a lineup of photos? Round up the usual suspects.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Yep...I think Jo called it a "goiter". One of the reasons most ruled him out.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

EVickiW

Yep...I think Jo called it a "goiter". One of the reasons most ruled him out.

Also remember that someone was quoted in the "George Harrison" papers at WSHS as saying that Cooper was 50-60 years old. This estimate was given while the airliner was still in the Seattle area.