47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I do not remember if Mitchell described Cooper as a "ragbag" or any other dismissive characterization. He did say however that Cooper has a fold of soft skin under his chin, a "turkey gobble," he called it. I had never heard that before.

Doesn't E. Vicki's dad have that chin characteristic?

Why not show Mitchell a lineup of photos? Round up the usual suspects.

I would highly suspect he has already seen and made a call on any and all persons of interest

If it turns out Mitchell says NO on all the favorites... you know what that means..

Can we all please dispel our personal feelings and just listen to what Mitchell says ??

he is putting us on the plane right next to Cooper

He is used to getting attention from cute girls (not on this three hour flight B| )

Hell yes he is focused on Coopers appearance and we should be too

uberalles

I know you are new to the forum, and I for one appreciate the logic that you are trying to use. But, you must understand that this carries little to no weight with many here. "Witnesses be damned! Just look at how much the scetch resembles my suspect".
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

uberalles

I do not remember if Mitchell described Cooper as a "ragbag" or any other dismissive characterization. He did say however that Cooper has a fold of soft skin under his chin, a "turkey gobble," he called it. I had never heard that before.

I would highly suspect he has already seen and made a call on any and all suspects

If it turns out Mitchell says NO on all the favorites... you know what that means..

Can we all please dispel our personal feelings and just listen to what Mitchell says ??

He is used to getting attention from cute girls (not on this three hour flight B| )

According to Eng, Melvin Wilson was never investigated and is not a usual suspect or favorite. Personal feelings aside, Melvin seems to have been dismissed (Eng looked at his FBI file right before the news about LD hit the airwaves) and I believe he should be looked at. He is a wanted fugitive who disappeared in September 1971.

We have the FRS DNA samples and fingerprints at another DOJ agency. Eng is not returning calls or emails from this agency. They want to send the samples to Quantico for comparison.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

uberalles

I would highly suspect he has already seen and made a call on any and all persons of interest

Does anyone (Jo?) know where Mitchell lives now? It would be interesting to invite him to the symposium or Ariel if he still lives in the area.

EVickiW

Some facts are in order, here, I believe. Bill Mitchell is a premier witness, as he sat in seat 18 B, with Tina in 18 D and Cooper in 18E.

He was 20 years old. Tina was 22. "Too young," Ms Weber?

Mitchell gives a very comprehensive overview of his experience on Flight 305 in a 17-page document currently available on the web site of the Washington State Historical Museum.

Speaking of which, Sail and I are going back on the next Free Thursday, Nov. 21.

As for Cooper's size and physique, Mitchell said he was "way bigger" than the skyjacker, at 220 and 6'2".

Mitchell also says that Cooper "was a geeky-looking guy." He also said that the skyjacker's hair "looked awful."

In his WSHM interview, Mitchell did not comment on any suspect, but he does mention that he has seen dozens, if not hundreds of photographs. He says the FBI brought him pix 2-3 times a day immediately after the skyjacking for weeks. Then when he returned to college, the FO in Salem would come by regularly, once or twice a week for a year and always bring at least ten photos each time.

This begs the question: How come Duane was not on anyone's radar screen until Jo introduced him in 1995?

Nevertheless, I suppose Jo will now be looking for pix of Duane that make him look geeky with a messed-up hair, and a turkey gobble of skin under his chin.

BTW: Mitchell also said the sun was shinning when he boarded Flight 305, but one should remember that the PNW frequently has "sun breaks" during rainy periods.

Here is the link to the Mitchell interview http://collections.washingtonhistory.org/details.aspx?id=122559

Cooper was indeed a scrawny, white turkey neck, fake looking hair, geeky, suit wrinkled, intimidated by Mitchell, RAGBAG

Mitchell gives every detail of his experience w/ the bureau post touchdown... ;)

Hey...this hurts my feelings a little bit. :(

RAGBAG attached.

well it shouldn't ... I would be glad if my relative was NOT DB
Cooper.

Read the pdf - they did show Mitchell photos, endlessly.

ParrotheadVol

I know you are new to the forum, and I for one appreciate the logic that you are trying to use. But, you must understand that this carries little to no weight with many here. "Witnesses be damned! Just look at how much the scetch resembles my suspect".

or (mostly) how little!:D:D:D

MarkBennett

Does anyone (Jo?) know where Mitchell lives now? It would be interesting to invite him to the symposium or Ariel if he still lives in the area.

People are in touch - he's already been invited to a number of
scenarios -

Jo Weber is the last person Mitchell wants any contact with!
TRUST ME!

:D:D:D

Georger wrote

I read it. I didnt see that Mitchell was shown any pics of Vicki's Dad. Did I miss it?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

georger

The sketch, ahh the sketch. Or sketches, as there have been more than one. It has taken on the quality of a high resolution photograph of Cooper. Every crease or dimple was not only accurately remembered by the eye witnesses, but accurately drawn by the artist. What are the chances that is true?

Forget DNA, titanium, bismuth and all that irrelevant stuff. Its all about finding a match to the sketch.

Talk to any cop or criminal lawyer about composite sketches. Sometimes they do resemble the bad guy but many times they are so far off that its hard to believe that the witnesses accurately recalled anything about what they saw.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

Georger says in part:

'We could care less -'

Who is 'we' LOL. Do you claim to speak for others?

Duh! - maybe 'we' means Jo & Georger & Company! Who is "Company"?

Maybe a whole bunch of individuals? Maybe only 2?:D:ph34r:;)
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

georger

Some facts are in order, here, I believe. Bill Mitchell is a premier witness, as he sat in seat 18 B, with Tina in 18 D and Cooper in 18E.

He was 20 years old. Tina was 22. "Too young," Ms Weber?

Mitchell gives a very comprehensive overview of his experience on Flight 305 in a 17-page document currently available on the web site of the Washington State Historical Museum.

Speaking of which, Sail and I are going back on the next Free Thursday, Nov. 21.

As for Cooper's size and physique, Mitchell said he was "way bigger" than the skyjacker, at 220 and 6'2".

Mitchell also says that Cooper "was a geeky-looking guy." He also said that the skyjacker's hair "looked awful."

In his WSHM interview, Mitchell did not comment on any suspect, but he does mention that he has seen dozens, if not hundreds of photographs. He says the FBI brought him pix 2-3 times a day immediately after the skyjacking for weeks. Then when he returned to college, the FO in Salem would come by regularly, once or twice a week for a year and always bring at least ten photos each time.

This begs the question: How come Duane was not on anyone's radar screen until Jo introduced him in 1995?

Nevertheless, I suppose Jo will now be looking for pix of Duane that make him look geeky with a messed-up hair, and a turkey gobble of skin under his chin.

BTW: Mitchell also said the sun was shinning when he boarded Flight 305, but one should remember that the PNW frequently has "sun breaks" during rainy periods.

Here is the link to the Mitchell interview http://collections.washingtonhistory.org/details.aspx?id=122559

Cooper was indeed a scrawny, white turkey neck, fake looking hair, geeky, suit wrinkled, intimidated by Mitchell, RAGBAG

Mitchell gives every detail of his experience w/ the bureau post touchdown... ;)

Hey...this hurts my feelings a little bit. :(

RAGBAG attached.

well it shouldn't ... I would be glad if my relative was NOT DB
Cooper.

However, in mine and my brother's case. We were left abandoned by our father with no idea were he went. More importantly, why he never contacted us again? Why was he never found?...I believe it would be a source of closure. So in our case we would be relieved if he was Cooper. In a recent email from my brother he referred to finding out about the DNA comparisons as "a Christmas Present"....
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

The sketch, ahh the sketch. Or sketches, as there have been more than one. It has taken on the quality of a high resolution photograph of Cooper. Every crease or dimple was not only accurately remembered by the eye witnesses, but accurately drawn by the artist. What are the chances that is true?

Forget DNA, titanium, bismuth and all that irrelevant stuff. Its all about finding a match to the sketch.

Talk to any cop or criminal lawyer about composite sketches. Sometimes they do resemble the bad guy but many times they are so far off that its hard to believe that the witnesses accurately recalled anything about what they saw.

Most of the socalled NEW info was presented in the thread
before.

Georger wrote

I read it. I didnt see that Mitchell was shown any pics of Vicki's Dad. Did I miss it?

Correct as has been repeated 1000 times her Dad was not in the
registry of suspects pulled to show anyone - so we are told.

georger

People are in touch - he's already been invited to a number of
scenarios -

Jo Weber is the last person Mitchell wants any contact with!
TRUST ME!

:D:D:D

Georger YOU KNOW that is not true. Jo knows where Mitchell is - as I stated earlier I have touched base with him after 11 yrs and he wants to see the other photos. Remember that in 2001 - I did NOT have some of the photos I have now and was hesitatant to make available pictures that did NOT resemble the composite.

I also was not privey to the description provided by Mitchell to the FBI.

Will try one more time:

My friend told me that perhaps my aol or the D.Z. changed their requirements. I am not using the large files and do NOT have a clue what the requirement of the DZ are.

If no photo attaches then I can send them to one of you by regular email and you can post them for me - NO!, NOT U Georger. I would never trust U not to alter the pics.

I have tried and tried till I am disgusted. I can send them to one of you by private email (NOT BRUCE). I do not trust him.

THEN that person can try to make the other 3 post for me. TOO much pain to sit here and continue to do something I can't do. There are 3 pics of Duane I have not used because I thought they would not be of any benefit.

In the prior post with KENNEY look alike - one can see the jaw line.
In the Jefferson you can see a small one and in the Canon on the profiles.

There is one taken when he was older - he has gray bushy hair and a mustache. So 4 photos I have not been able to post. THey are no bigger than the prior pic so I just do not understand why they don't post.

Just noted the KENNY look alike with the fold in the chin did NOT post.
So 5 in all.

skyjack71

Will try one more time:

My friend told me that perhaps my aol or the D.Z. changed their requirements. I am not using the large files and do NOT have a clue what the requirement of the DZ are.

If no photo attaches then I can send them to one of you by regular email and you can post them for me - NO!, NOT U Georger. I would never trust U not to alter the pics.

You have made a wise choice. I would alter the pic for sure.
Do not send the pic to me!
:D

RobertMBlevins

***Will try one more time:

What? I thought you trusted Georger....;)

Your photographs are too small in file size to do anything with. Printing them will get results, but not very good results. What works for onscreen viewing often does not work well in a print version. The image size limit at Dropzone is
In order for these photographs to be truly effective in print, they must be SCANNED at high resolution with a good printer scanner and then saved to a flash drive. Then you mail out the flash drive to whomever you wish.

If you don't want to do snail mail, then you can do THIS:

Open a G-Mail account. G-Mail allows up to 25mb per email in attachments. That should be enough to attach at least three or four really high-res images to each email message. The images should be re-sized to fit normal 8.5x11 size glossy photo paper when the final files are printed up for use. You can make a three and a half inch snapshot into a good full-page image...but ONLY if you scan the original FIRST at the highest resolution your printer-scanner allows. These 20-30 kilobyte JPEG images you keep attaching at Dropzone just don't work for print. There is not information in the image file to work with. To get around that, you scan the original photographs first, then you enlarge them.

I would save the final print files in PNG format, not JPEG. JPEG loses a bit of resolution each time you save or modify the file...

And you are right. I wouldn't trust Georger with such a job. :)

Only a phD in psychoanalytic bullshit will suffice. That's you!

The floor is yours, Dr. Fraud.

Hello Muddah
Hello Fadduh
Here I am at
Camp Blevino ...

Goodnight Ivene ... and Intravenous

(Hint: I would wait at least thirty minutes before responding, especially using an image. It points less to an obsession.)

Mitchell's description is spot on, If he says no on a suspect, that suspect gets excluded. Vicky, I would say your missing Dad is not out of the running yet? Cooper wasn't trying to look good, he was wearing a disguise

Man falls 2,000 feet out of plane off Florida coast; search on

By Soumya Karlamangla
November 14, 2013, 1:54 p.m.

Ocean rescue teams are searching for a man who fell out of a plane 2,000 feet in the air off the Florida coast Thursday afternoon.

A pilot reported about 1:30 p.m. that the door of his Piper PA-46 Malibu aircraft was ajar and that somebody had fallen out, Coast Guard 7th District Public Affairs Spc. Mark Barney told the Los Angeles Times.

The plane typically holds about five people, but the communications director for the Miami-Dade Aviation Department, Greg Chin, told The Times that the man was the only passenger. Chin said that it was a private aircraft and that its flight was authorized. The passenger's name has not been released.

He fell out about eight miles southeast of Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport, Barney said. The airport is about 10 miles southwest of downtown Miami.

Barney said a Coast Guard search-and-rescue unit was looking for the man, along with three marine units from the Miami-Dade Police Department and a Miami-Dade County fire rescue team.

The plane had just taken off from Tamiami, the Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement, and the pilot turned around and landed safely.

Police are investigating the incident, which appeared oddly reminiscent of an occurrence off Newport Beach this month. In that case, a passenger chartered a sightseeing helicopter, opened the door and jumped out, falling about 500 feet into the ocean. He died at a hospital. The incident was under investigation as a possible suicide.

georger

***Will try one more time:

Ha HA HA! Chuckles :ph34r::D:Pand pull the lower lip down so the neighbors do not think I have completely lost it!

Exactly what I thought you would do!
AS expected!:)
I like the pointy head one - interesting!

The shark I did NOT get at all..............Duane was missing several lower teeth and wore had a fixed bridge.

You do realize the picture was made by an individual who was about 5 ft tall
so the angle might be SHARKY!

What Happened!

Cat got your tongue is not an appropriate teminology on a computer for silence.

Could it be that Dan Cooper has been ID'ed by one or more of the witnesses.

Problem with that is only one person on this thread would be privey to what the FBI is or is not doing - THAT is not me! Tell me it is just a Football night!

skyjack71

******Will try one more time:

Ha HA HA! Chuckles :ph34r::D:Pand pull the lower lip down so the neighbors do not think I have completely lost it!

Exactly what I thought you would do!
AS expected!:)
I like the pointy head one - interesting!

The shark I did NOT get at all..............Duane was missing several lower teeth and wore had a fixed bridge.

You do realize the picture was made by an individual who was about 5 ft tall
so the angle might be SHARKY!

Im barely 5 foot ... in high shoes.