murrays

Who Knows this T-Shirt's Story?

I traded for this T-Shirt about 20 years ago...and it was pretty old then. Does anybody know the story behind this awesome Sport Death artifact?

I like the Paralert beeping on the high jumper....how long has it been since you saw somebody using one of them?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I traded for this T-Shirt about 20 years ago...and it was pretty old then. Does anybody know the story behind this awesome Sport Death artifact?

I like the Paralert beeping on the high jumper....how long has it been since you saw somebody using one of them?

That's an old Rob Thundercloud design, I used to have one (wore it to death years ago). He produced a slew of different ones for the PVP gear store run by the late Tommy Owens. Rob (TC) used to do all of the art work for PVP (Perris Valley Paracenter) back in the eighties. I also remember one that showed a group of jumpers standing around what looked like a bounce done in sillouete from a real photo with the caption "skydivers eat their dead", that one was real popular too. then there was the NAFOD shirt (no apparent fear of death), but I don't think that was TC's design, Kelly Grebb maybe? Deep in the beeps was one of Kellys designs too I believe. Ahhhh the eighties, skydivings true golden age, it's never been the same since. Anyone remember black death Charlie from holland? I last saw him when I dropped him of at sky harbor in Phenoix after a halloween boogie at ghoulidge in the early eighties. Good times!!

Mick.

'Twardo still does.:)

If ya take care of yer gear, it'll take care of you!:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ive still got that shirt....and a Skydivers Eat Their Dead one.
The Perris store had gotten all politically correct and stopped selling the sport death stuff so this guy was selling them out of his trunk in the parking lot.
The group I was with that particular morning cleaned him out.It was pretty funny...almost like doing a drug deal with tshirts.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I pulled my Para-alert out of the drawer the other day. Had it on my first video helmet in 1985. The kind with the full size battery operated VCR on your chest. Just gave away the equipment in the last few months, cleaning out after getting married.

But, what to do with the para-alert? Still haven't decided.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Ahhhh the eighties, skydivings true golden age, it's never been the same since.

Here's the order form. You can see where my login name comes from.

BSBD

Harry

"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Someone in the other T-shirt thread said that they would never wear such a shirt because they were in bad taste; it may have been David Layne. Anyway, I just thought that I would add that the back of my dad's Skydive Opelika shirts say: "If you die we split your gear". Profound and in utter bad taste, but they are tremendously popular. My sister and brother-in-law had the first batch done up and gave them to all the skydivers in our family as Christmas presents over about a decade ago.

Chuck

Someone in the other T-shirt thread said that they would never wear such a shirt because they were in bad taste; it may have been David Layne. Anyway, I just thought that I would add that the back of my dad's Skydive Opelika shirts say: "If you die we split your gear". Profound and in utter bad taste, but they are tremendously popular. My sister and brother-in-law had the first batch done up and gave them to all the skydivers in our family as Christmas presents over about a decade ago.

Chuck

That's great Chuck! I bought one for a couple of buddies a while ago that asked: "Can I be on your Ash Dive?" Love it!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Charles von Sury?

At the last world POPS meet in Switzerland. I think he and his team (including his wife) won the national 4-way event.

Yeah I think that's him, the name sounds familiar.

Mick.

Charles von Sury ("Hook") is from Zuerich, Switzerland - though he spent quite a bit of time at dropzones in various other countries. Texel sounds right, for one.

I still have a Blue Track BT-50 I got from him, complete with a Totenkopf (skull & crossbones) on the underside.

Blue skies,

Winsor

I got kicked out of junior high school for wearing the shirt " Skydivers Eat Their Dead" ! I loved all of Robs shirts in the 1980's. I also liked the shirt "Be Kind to animals, Screw a skydiver today !"

My favorite shirt from Perris Valley it depicted a 10 in out formation. The detail was awesome ! You could make out the Dc-3 on the runway below and even the swimming pool near the "bombshelter bar". I would love to get another one !

"I loved all of Robs shirts in the 1980's"

Hey timmer,
yeah his art was cool, the hooker boogie shirt and others. I have a lot to thank Rob for, He brought out this little red head for his work for her first jump, I ended up marrying her. She stashed all my old skydiving t-shirts and later made a quilt out of them.
It looks really cool.
BSBD, Cary.
p.s. say hello to your Dad for me.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

My favorite skydiving t-shirt is my Yellow Plane Loader shirt from the 1994 Herd Boogie. Awsome Graphics of what a plane loader looks like after 12 hours. Now that I mention it, I love all of my Herd Boogie shirts. I think they are Libert (sp) shirts. Now that the DZ is closed they have huge sentimental value. I learned to skydive there in 1993 and have nothing but great memories. My other favorite is my "Sixty Seconds over Elsinore" shirt.

My favorite skydiving t-shirt is my Yellow Plane Loader shirt from the 1994 Herd Boogie.

I had a red shirt once that said "Hide the Dogs and the Women....The HERD is in town"

I wonder what I did with it.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.