Jackajeffries

Midget Skydiver's....Do they exist?

a midget skydiver could turn points like a mofo. But he'd have to wear a lot of lead though probably. He doesnt have to worry though, he can buy a belt for 100 dollars at square one! Yipee! :)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

We have one by us. He is a local radio personality. OK, he's only done a couple of tandems but he swears he is hooked and is going to go through AFF in the spring. He's going to need some really short risers.
-Jeff.
http://www.iplummet.com

Common sense and common courtesy are NOT common.

There was a guy doing some investigating just recently about the possibility of jumping; he's an achondroplastic dwarf. He had some physical issues that made it difficult -- it could be that some of those issues are fairly common in dwarves (although obviously not all).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm confused with this thread (arn't we all) - whats the difference between a Dwarf and a Midget and a really small person?? Llike Umpas???

Yea, there is!
Dwarf is normal size head, small everything else.
Midget is just everything small.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

Paul Williams (Enis in "Smokey and the Bandit", if you remember that one...and if you do, condolences.) did one of those star TV shows in the 80's where he did a jump with the GK's. He's 5'2". Does that count?

I that counts then I guess I do too.... I am 5'2" myself. And I started skydiving ths Summer with the same student rigs that everyone else use, and with no problems at all!

----
----
Everyone who lives eventually dies, but not everyone who has died has truly lived.

A;though I am NOT a Munchkin, as some people have labeled me, I do suffer from having my ass built pretty close to the ground. I am 5'3" and I have done over 2400 tandem dives in the past 8 seasons. In addition, I flew at Eloy for 2 winters and logged 925 hrs in the Super Otters. Sitting on the Eloy phone book really helped! :o Please have a great laugh at my expense with the enclosed photo! (I'm the one on the left)

Larry D-16806

I took a little person on a tandem jump, she was about 3' tall. She was so small that everytime i would tug on a strap while gearing up, she would almost fall over. Freefall went great but landing was a bit different. Her legs didn't reach the ground, they barely came down to my knees and it was like landing with with a large belly wart,:)
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

a midget skydiver could turn points like a mofo. But he'd have to wear a lot of lead though probably. He doesnt have to worry though, he can

Why? IMHO a person of small stature would fall about the same rate as any one else unless they had freakish long arms and legs. Small stature = less drag = normal fall rate.

Blue Skies Black Death

She originally started at Hemet and then moved to Perris and with her custom rig (you have to remember the size of equipment was bigger then) and completed AFF and went on to do a couple of hundred jumps or more.
Last time I saw her (3 or more years ago?) she was completing her education ;) (there's more money with a good job).

Everyone liked her, I hope she'll come back some day.

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

He also jumped at Perris but succumbed to effects to the then prevent drug culture ;)
He had originally done 100-200 jumps in Arizona in the 60's and came back and did the TV show jump and decided to get current. I think he probably didn't do more than a 100 more jumps or there abouts.

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166