TrickyDicky

A Question for anyone

For those of you from the UK that did RAPS from small a/c (like 182s or 206s maybe bigger too) and maybe those who did AFF (maybe this applies to people doing AFF or S/L in the states or anywhere else for that matter).

Just want to see if this is the same at all DZs or the 2 I trained at.....

Is there 1 word while in the plane thats puts the fear of god into you and gets your heart going crazy. If there is... what is it?

I know I miss the thrill of this word now.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Cuuuuutinnnadooor

that was the same word used by my JM

then he would lift my chin for me or say, "look up" (with a staccato "up") then give me a very short sharp "go". Its amasing what you remember.

my JM was great... dugy (Doug Peacock D68) Damn near invented the sport and was national coach for god knows how long. Still a name in accuracy even at an age to match his licence number.

he still remembers my name and says hi to me at the DZ and chats about my jumping.

sorry... reminiscing...:$

"Door" was the only things scary that I remember in a 206 (they tell me the pilot hit me in the head with the fuel stick a few times for banging into him; so, I dunno how much I remember :P) and it was more of it actually opening it, the rush of cold air and unavoidably being practically outside already that was unnerving during AFF. But, since the door was open on the way up, "cut" in the caravan meant no turning back now and get out!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Mee too! I remember "Stand In the Door!" hmmm I also remember "Stand Up! Hook Up! Check Equipment!" The long sline of "Okay, okay, okay ..... okay. All Okay Jumpmaster!"

Anyone else remember that?:S

But "Are you ready to skydive?" Does it for me now. For one split second I think ummm no. Then my head clears and I say "Hell Yeah!":P

what did it for me was on my very first static line jump off a cessna 152 when the pilot reached over me and turned the door knob! The flipping door swung open and hit the wing and I almost got sucked out of the plane from sitting close to the door. The pilot then just looked at me, smiled and gave me the non chalent sign to climb out onto that strut!!!

To this day every time I jump from that riggidy cessna, my heart starts pumping!!!

"We see the world just the way we are...

Get Ready- & -Doooooor!

I swear 16 years ago if my s/l jumpmaster was not aggressive I would never of left that plane.

of course the drill I could scream in my head but never out of my mouth on exit from aircraft:

Arch thousand-
Look thousand-
Reach thousand-
Pull thousand-
Check over right shoulder

was imbred for my lifetime....:P

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Is there 1 word while in the plane thats puts the fear of god into you and gets your heart going crazy. If there is... what is it?.

oops. :)

for me, its when the pilot mumbles "shiiiiit......

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I know! I know!

The word is "Sorry"

Here's the story. It's late 80's, and I'm at a DZ with a Porter that has a sliding door going up to do a 4 way team dive. There were some students on board, a few SL's, a 1st freefall and a JM.

The SL's go. We go round to the exit altitude for the 1st freefall. He's sweating bullets. (No AAD in those days.) One of my team says "Just arch and relax. You have the rest of your life to pull the ripcord." Dude's eyes go big.

The door slides open, the dude climbs out, hangs from the strut, and just starts squealing.. "I can't do this! I don't want to die!" etc etc.

JM says "Sorry" and closes the door... :D:D

He hung on for a bit, enough to give himself a bad spot dispite the power being on, and then did a perfect 3 sec delay with us all watching like monkeys.

These days, that's not so funny, but back then? Well, I laughed like a drain for months after that whenever someone said "Sorry" to a student.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Its stories like that that make skydiving sound alot more "fun" in the old days.

I heard a story from a guy at our DZ who was training to be an Instructor, Despatching students under observation (from the Pilot, who was also the CCI at the time).

The first person to go in the 182 was a girl. When she was told " On the step" she refused so the Pilot (CCI) starts shouting. "JUST F*CKING GET ON THE F*CKING STEP".

Still, he is one of the most trustworthy pilots at my DZ.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Reminds me of one time we were in the Nomad at hinton... it was a bit choppy and a couple of thou feet up the stall indicator kept going off... (this little buzzing sound a lot like a door buzzer).

Some wag at the back of the plane shouts forward to the pilot that he should stop the plane as we forgot someone and they wanted letting in.