bshl

Favorite jump plane

I noticed all of the jump planes in the poll were turbines. My FAVORITE jump planes are DC-3's and Beech 18's. Yes I know they are slow and often scary to fly in, but they have more personality than most people I know.

Yes, excellent choices. The 3 is a great jumpship!

You said king air, but you didn't say which king air. Mullens' RULES! Plus I can't wait to check out the one at Titusville in a few weeks. You can't jump Norcutt's king air 200, anymore, but that get's my vote. 20 jumpers to altitude in 10 minutes, 12 floaters at a time, and it was just so pretty to look at.

Casa. Nice and roomy, large tailgate, plenty of room to strech out plus it holds 30 of my best friends each load. :)

I love the atmosphere in the casa also!

I do like the otter as well. Not as many friends but still a fun little ride to alti.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

You forgot CASA in your poll...

OK--only 2 jumps from a CASA and 3 from a Skyvan, but I had a riot jumping from both. The one difference was that they left the rear door open on the CASA on takeoff. The whole load was cheering as we watched the runway drop away. It was cool to fly to altitude with the door open until about 4 grand.

It's really splitting hairs, though, I just think rear exits are the BOMB!!!B|
“Keep your elbow up!"

Have you ever jumped a Beech 99?

Yep. Lodi's

Still like me a Caravan, or Otter better. Especialy in the hands of a new(er) pilot.

Can't say I'd want to put 7 or 8 outside on a 99. Done it on a Caravan, and Otter.

I guess it's all about what you like, and what you've gotten used to. I like the Door of an Otter better than Caravan, but when it comes to tandems, I like the benches in a Caravan FAR better than the benches in an Otter, or the (shudder) floor. The 99 out here has the same sort of benches as the Caravans at my old DZ.

Benches...Caravan...Am I missing something here? The only Caravans I have jumped from don't have benches, just a nice floor littered with straps and restrainers which are a right pain after a 15 minute ride to altitude with another skydiver on your lap.

As for my favourite plane I have got to say Otters, LET410 and Skyvans. Fast, roomy, nice doors and of course the tailgate on the Skyvan.

well i voted for skyvan because it was the first jump I did and I love being able to do the rear exit...but when the DZ isnt busy...i love the Porter we have at deland. it is extremely fast and really fun to hang out on the strut of the plane!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Dude, I really wish I had your problems!!:P

We have a Cessna 207T and at the worst times it can take us 40 minutes to get to 11 grand. God what I wouldn't give for 16 minutes>:(!

And btw the comment about smells being more pungent in the cramped confines of a small Cessna are definitely true:ph34r:.

Bradley

Benches...Caravan...Am I missing something here?

Yep.

The nicer ones configured for skydiving have 2 stradle benches usualy made out of carpet covered styrafoam (can be passed off as a flotation devioce to the local FSDO) which are wonderful for doing tandems.

Sitting upright with both feet on the floor and your tandem student infront of you doing the same. Never have to have the student cryshing your thigh, or sitting on that one leg you have up on an Otter bench.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

For what the population in Australia allows , definitely the LET 410 for standard or the Skyvan for the ol 'gate. The Let is cool though as we all have seats facing each side of the plane and can easily gear up Tandems and walk rather than scoot on our bums to the LARGE door to exit. Also nice and fast to height! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

De Havilland DHC-6 .... as long as it isn't "packed"
.....Best ,,,if we are able to "leisurely lounge around " in it....:D:ph34r:;)....
next best,,, or else my favorite,,"once in a while " plane......:)Boeing 727........B|.. I had the opportunity to make 3 jumps from one,,,on the same day,,, at the WFFC... when it was at Quincy ( it was '94 ) ...
First, I bought a solo ticket and joined some jumpers from S. Dakota,, then some friends
from N. Y. asked me to be on their 10 way team...... and then.... near the end of the day,, we were dirt diving a 20 way which was to manifest for an Otter... when a Convention honcho,,, says to our Load Organizer,,,,, " Hey the jet is about to go, on the last load ,,,, and it's only half full " !!!
"do you wanna put your group on it'???..
...duh!!!!!!
well our L. O. says,, "Sure,, but we won't have enough time to change our tickets", :| :S ,, and the honcho says,,,, "don't worry about THAT,, just get over there " !!!!,,,,,
Deal..!!!!!..
..so we all made it onto the 727,,, and with 16 dollars lift tickets besides,,,,!!!,
what a deal,, what a day....!!!! MAGIC....:ph34r: ;)