bshl

Favorite jump plane

Dude, you left off a LOT of jump aircraft.

I'm really really enjoying the Beech 99 that's at my DZ. Its comfy, big, bigger door then a S. Otter.B|

Yeah. There were only five boxes for the poll so I tried to pick the four I normally see/hear about with a wildcard for the fifth.

Cheers!

Blue skies and happy landings!

>Climb a lot faster.

It was taking us 16 minutes to get to 13.5 all summer in the CASA at home and it took 14 minutes to get to altitude in the SDA Skyvan at WFFC. 2 minute difference is worth it to me.

Plus there is no Door drama in a Casa that you can get in a Skyvan with people that don't know how to operate the door. :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I'm really really enjoying the Beech 99 that's at my DZ. Its comfy, big, bigger door then a S. Otter.

Might be a tad wider, but not taller, and besides the A/C is a heck of a lot less stable! Hope you've got a good pilot, and are not hanging a big chunk out the door.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Might be a tad wider, but not taller, and besides the A/C is a heck of a lot less stable! Hope you've got a good pilot, and are not hanging a big chunk out the door.

Its actually an inch taller and 3in wider. 6 people can fit in the door.

Head room in the plane isn't as good as an Otter, its MUCH better then a King Air, though. The door is hella better then a King Air.B|

Have you ever jumped a Beech 99?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Have you ever jumped a Beech 99?

Yep. Lodi's

Still like me a Caravan, or Otter better. Especialy in the hands of a new(er) pilot.

Can't say I'd want to put 7 or 8 outside on a 99. Done it on a Caravan, and Otter.

I guess it's all about what you like, and what you've gotten used to. I like the Door of an Otter better than Caravan, but when it comes to tandems, I like the benches in a Caravan FAR better than the benches in an Otter, or the (shudder) floor. The 99 out here has the same sort of benches as the Caravans at my old DZ.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Dude ---- Two Words:

CA-SUH!!!!

Nice & roomy, Giant Tailgate, and I don't have to look like an ass trying to open the damn door.

BTW, you forgot to put 182 on the poll....... B|

Edited to add: I might Vote Skyvan, but there was a nasty little incident on my first skyvan jump over in Rantoul where I discovered that sitting in the very back meant that you had to help with the door. Well, this WAS my first box jump.... Kinda made an ass out of myself wrestling with the door. I think it made it to the big screen that night at the party tent. :(
=========Shaun ==========