who has had zero g in a jump ship?

Do you guys feel anything? Like the stomach kreeping up on you feeling you get on a roller coaster. Also I always wondered how you got a raft out of the plane.

yeah you get a little bit of a funny feeling in your stomach...
for a raft jump, usually you have it go out last, and the pilot gives you some zero g, and the guys on the outside just push it out. like someone else said... it works great until you hit the relative wind ;)

MB 3528, RB 1182

Many years ago on a long flight to another DZ for a boogie a guy was asleep in a sleeping bag in on the floor, so the pilot floated him up into mid-air in the cabin. Can you imagine waking up in freefall stuffed in a bag? Everyone but him thought it was very funny.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

:D:D I've been there and done that. The guy wasn't too happy. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants. And that was a problem, cause we were over an hour before landing.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

did it once with a crazy french pilot.

he also tried to shake us off while we were climbing on the wing of the pilatus.

then again, he also took apart the stick and passed it along the jumpers in the back...

crazy but fun dude...
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

[sing]mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi [/sing]

C-182. Doing a hop n pop from 4k (DZO set 4k as the price break) and we though the clouds - about 50% - were that high. Turns out they weren't, they were a bit under 3.

Pilot, being a jumper himself, and this being a slow day, decided to give the 3 of us on board a bit of a ride. A hard rise over the puffy, then down into the 'valley' on the other side. This went on for a few 'hills' and each time we all went 'weeeeee'.

I didn't think a Cessna could be so much fun... . I almost wanted to ride it down :o:o:o but that would have been wrong! I flew back into the "wind cone" and then trashed my 7 cell (full stall) just to top the experience (the "extra" altitude gave me the room to play). We can't let our pilots best us now, can we?

Dave

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Used to do it all the time when learning to fly. Nothing like having a clipboard floating right in front of your face for something a bit more bizarre! Also a REALLY good way to see if the plane is clean or has shit all over the floor.......you soon find out if it is the latter! BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

We used to get 8-10 seconds of zero-G on our king air. Enough time to pass Dave Nagy over our heads to the front of the plane, spin him around, and bring him back.

I've been in the Mullins KA while we've had enough 0G time to allow one of his kids to float from the seat directly behind the pilot all the way up to the door (over everyone elses head, of course).

Fun stuff. :)
-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Done it a few times in the Cessna. I love it. First time it happened, I was sitting right behind the pilot. I wasn't expecting it, and I floated up and found myself more or less on top of the pilot. We had a good laugh at that one back on the ground.

Mullins... ain't that plane the sweetest B| Sunset load he cranks it and its the bomb. Lol, we could turn points in the plane before we exited... great stuff.

And yeah, and this one time (at skydiving camp) got the pilot to do one at 1500, just to shake up the rest of the jumpers on the load, it was a hoot.

my favirote is when we were going to a demo jump approx 2 hours away we were hiting a lot of turblance one person on the team started bitching about the rough ride and then the
pilot hit - g's the pilot then realized that the plane owner and myself had blood coming out of our heads from hitting the roof of the 182
David