cvfd1399

Ever got a bruise like this from leg strap?

Yup, used to get those all the time until I bought a rig that fit me correctly. Something you can do in the mean time is to get some seatbelt pads (try Wal-Mart) and put those on the leg straps, it works like a champ.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

*slightly offtopic*

A Wings for 3700? H/C alone??

I can hardly imagine you can push a Wings to such a high price without covering every inch in custom embroidery... i have three pieces of custom embroidery, tiedye and all options, and it cost me about 3k straight.
And don't even feel my legstraps anymore...;)

Used to get bruises like that on my old container (same manufacturer as your current rig) when i had slammin' openings...
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

That's nothing-- the student gear i used to jump had big ugly riser flaps that used to come open all the time in freefall and whack me on my upper arm, at one point producing the lovely picture below. The colors were much more impressive in real life.

Edited to add: it was about 3 inches long. My problem with leg strap bruises is that I get them a lot but they never become visible, so I don't even have proof when I complain about them :)

"Perhaps she saw before her a lifetime of walking on the ruined earth and chose instead a single moment in the air." -Carolyn Parkhurst

At one point when I was on AFF, I had 4-inch bruises on my inner thighs. Talk about painful, and since I was in Florida and wearing shorts, everyone kept asking about my sex life..."Like it rough I see..." haha...B|

~Now I have a brand new rig that fits like a dream...::runs and hugs rig::...ahhhhh...:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Jeez!! Thats a pea! Try being a Tandem master for the first 6 months to a year! Look on it like someone who is used to sitting in a chair all day and then suddenly gets a job where they have to stand all day long. Legs ache like hell for the first two weeks or so but then you get used to it. You legs also toughen up around the legstraps after a while as well. You also fine tune the position and tension of the straps to more suit what is comfortable for you. Don't expect to go from 180km/hr plus to almost nothing and not get the odd bruise though! BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

I constantly get this from only my right leg strap on opening. Had to crop the pic b/c it's near the no fly zone. The bruise is about the size of 2 quarters.

Is that all, when I was doing AFF the student rig didn't fit proberly and I had massive black bruises 3 inches wide all round the inside of my thigh's.

I am still a student.......and I got them every jump. Sometimes they were so bad I could barely walk after a day of jumping........
When I moved to florida and continued they put me on a vector 220...........and have never had a bruise since................thank god!!!!:)
skygirl1
" Mean people SUCK!"

We need to get the rig companies to reinvent the leg straps like a diaper or something to disperse or displace the shock force. I thought about wearing barefoot wetsuit shorts but have not bought any yet.I'm also worried about keeping things pouched out so they don't get smashed during opening. I think a bra-like chest strap could be a good option for the ladies too.

Cool. I just don't understand why it is only one leg that gets bruised. The straps are always even.

Are you right-handed? Just a guess, but it may be that during deployment you're leaning more toward the right to absorb the opening shock on the stronger side of your body.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

oh yeah, its normal to get bruises especially if the rig isn't fit right for you. When I was going thru AFF and using the student rigs which had huge leg straps, I would get bruises all over my inner thighs...
one other thing, expect to get bruises if you get SLAMMED on your openings. Comes with the sport...
PMS #113
PMTS #19

Two things:

1) Is the bruise happening near where the friction adapter rests when your legstraps are tight? I have a tendency to occasionally bruise there as well, it just tends to happen when steel and flesh get together. ;)

2) Most people have different size legs, depending on whether you're right or left-handed, what sports you play, and many other factors. I don't know if container manufacturers account for this when making a custom rig (after all, they should have the measurements), but if not, you may actually be over-tightening the straps on that side. I bought my Mirage off the rack a few years ago, and finally had to measure my leg to realize my right upper thigh is almost an inch bigger than my left. I now adjust the legstraps accordingly, and seldom get these bruises.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash