Rdutch

How busy is your dz?

In the South, the summer is the slow season. In the North its the winter. With the past weekend being a holiday weekend, how busy was your dz. Big boogie, Party, anything? We all know Sgc had a lot of fun, How much fun did everyone else have.

In Deland we had team's so the planes flew, other than that it was a ghost town. But that is normal for Florida dz's in the summer. A lot of them are closed during the week.

So how busy is your dz?

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Eloy was somewhat busy, but mainly because of he Arizona Challenge. The 100 challenger skydivers kept the planes going (I think they flew 50 loads on Saturday), but there were not a lot of fun jumpers despite $15 jumps and free beer.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

Never underestimate the power of the Darkside, even in a ghost towm dz, people still want to try the nylon crack. Im just happy the teams were there, I would have hated to see hostages taken, by First flight students trying to get their fix.

Ray

Hmmm, Memorial Day Weekend at Perris . . .

We had two Twin Otters and a Skyvan flying pretty much all the flyable hours on Saturday and Sunday. Fairly "normal" for a Perris weekend, but honestly I sort of expected a few more folks to show up.

Reportedly we had 80 people sign up for the dz.com Boogie, but I suspect that only about half of those were regular posters and the rest where mearly locals that took advantage of the lower rates for the weekend.

The dz.commers were so few and far between that we couldn't really get the talent together for a record attempt 16-way and we were willing to draw in some local ringers like Dan BC too.

I think part of the reason the record jumps didn't happen was that folks were -really- into our new toy -- the tunnel. So, like the giant vacuum cleaner it is, it sucked folks off the dz proper and up into its belly.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wish I had come down to Perris. It would have been more productive than the two days I spent at Monterey logging two jumps.

So few people jumping that the otter was sitting idle and it was C206 time. Unfortunately it doesn't take many runs before the winds pick up. And it only requiers two tandems and a video guy to fill that tiny plane.

Fun exit and nice view gong up, however. Makes up for the time it takes to 10k.

The dz.commers were so few and far between that we couldn't really get the talent together for a record attempt 16-way and we were willing to draw in some loal ringers like Dan BC too.

Looks like we can still pay homage to the 15 way pics in the Bombshelter. The next one will take some planning. Yep, woulda been fun to get some jumps in, but I only had time to do the tunnel and get back to 'Snore for work.

El Snore was fairly busy with the Vertical Challenge and a few dozen tandems and several AFFs. We also had night jumps with two loads. Sunday was relaxed, but Memorial Day brought a lot of unscheduled tandems to keep us busy. B|

Never underestimate the power of the Darkside, even in a ghost towm dz, people still want to try the nylon crack

Man, I'm confused..... So WTF is the darkside nowadays? It used to be CReW, then FF, now its wingsuits???:S:D

May is still early in the season in Quebec. But last Saturday was fairly busy with 50issh tandems, a PFFI course wraping up, 1 4way team training and the regs.
Remster

Headcorn's usually far too busy. However, a bad weather forecast kept people away... It was SO wrong! Glorious blue skies except for about an hour on Sunday afternoon...

Jump, pack, jump, pack... We manifested and were straight on a kit on call... Don't you just hate it when that happens?!!! ;)

Steph
-x-

Saturday was really windy and monday it rained but we but up 48 or 49 otter loads at the ranch. It started to get bumpy and turbulent at around 2 til 6 from what i heard from the jumpers, I was busy slaving over pack jobs!

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Pretty busy weekend with the team training and all - 24 jumps and 3.5 hours of tunnel over 2 days... :P

Most of these people dont know how lucky you were, with the Skyvan crammed full of all 10 of you. 2 teams one skyvan, now thats how it should fly always!

Ray

Most of these people dont know how lucky you were, with the Skyvan crammed full of all 10 of you. 2 teams one skyvan, now thats how it should fly always!

Wouldn't that be great?!?! If the casa flies with 14 - 16, why wouldn't the skyvan fly with 10? That's almost half of what it holds.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

The Perris otter is here in Skydive Twin Cities as of last night and we got in 4 loads before sunset. That should bring out the rest of the jumpers for the rest of the season. Weather has been lousy for the last few weeks, so this is great timing as the weekend is looking good.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants