Harksaw

How much do you trust your cypres?

adi that makes your bottom line about £100 cos you know theres a flight up for grabs for that.

I'll see if I can talk marius into giving you the ticket - you can borrow my pd reserve..... you got insurance right?;)

how about having two cypres's installed and the closing loop threaded through two cutters? Is it the altitude or the electronics that puts all you people off?

I would do it on one condition - that those who claim not to be device dependent make it a big way with me, and that they have NO RIGS. Then we'll see how much their skill really helps them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I can say yes all I want to the original question but I would never actually do it.
I need to have alot of faith in my RIGGER also. I do trust him to save my life (has once already) but I dont wanna have to use his services.

the cypress opens at approx. 750ft. at full speed that opening will hurt like a Mutha fuka and you may even get knocked unconscious. if you stay awake you then have to land pretty much as soon as you realzed that you shit your pants and I wouldnt wanna slide in or plf that way.:ph34r:

now if you were to tell me I could do that and set my cypress to go off at 2.5k...I MAY reconsider. its the ground rush that I think would suck at term. vel. at least at 2.5k you can rip the fukn bag open if you have to LOL (i still dont think I would do it...but I say show me the money and Ill show you just how dumb I can be:D)
My photos

My Videos

Having a CYPRES increases (in my personal judgement) my chances of surviving bad judgement with regards to altitude. It doesn't make it fool proof, but the degree of increase is enough to justify the expenses. For me.

100 mil? Nah. I *do* jump out of planes now and then knowing I might die. But I do that for direct personal gratification, not gratification through monetary gain.

Apples and oranges methinks.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

for One Hundred Million Dollars (TM)......

Would you jump out with no main and your reserve ripcord cut, with only a properly maintained and turned on Cypres to save you? Assuming no legal problems (there would be legalities in the US anyway, i'm not saying ANYONE should ever do this)

No - which is also why I would not do a low altitude base jump. I like the idea of time and a second chance. I love my CYPRES, but only as a component of my equipment, not my only life line.

wierd, I had a dream today( i sleep during the day and work at night)

about this. damn thing didnt work>:( of course I went in but I got up and brushed myself off etc...
then I was pissed b.c i didnt get the dough b/c the fine print said the cypres had to work b4 I could get the Money!

I was ripping at my reserve PC (the rig was loose enough in my dream to grab it by putting my right arm over my head and grabbing the pc)
I got it open just in time ti burn in the thing wasnt even out yet but the pin was pulled!

man I was fukn pissed off ini my dream!

wierd
My photos

My Videos

I'd do it on my own reserve packjob. It's not that I "trust my cypres", as I don't have one, but rather that $100,000,000 would be awful nice, the rush would be pretty intense, and if it didn't work, I'd only be bummed for a second or two.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Heck no! It is an electromechanical device and the only reason I have it on is if I am incapacitated.

If it ever goes off and I was conscious and alert, I'd have to ground myself indefinitely!!!!
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook

I trust my Cypress with my life but i skydive like I'm not wearing one so I would say no to the 100 mill.
My wife however would say yes, and make me jump, for her it's a win win;);)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?