anonymouscwrd

Embarassment at April 2005 Parachutist Cover

Hi Air-T,
That's funny about the couch trip. A friend of ours came out and made a tandem a while back and was going to start AFF next. Well this didn't happen and Dennis would grumble a lot because I knew he really wanted to jump. Later we went to their house to visit and Gail said,"How do you like my new couch set??!!" (The old one wasen't even a year old!) Yup, I thought, there is Dennis'es skydiving money!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Today at SDC, Phat Matt opened my powerade for me and even took a drink. OMG, i have Phat Matt germs now. I'm so cool. :)
But yeah, the cover does say 2004. That's funny. Thanks to drew for pointing that out.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Today at SDC, Phat Matt opened my powerade for me and even took a drink. OMG, i have Phat Matt germs now. I'm so cool. :)
But yeah, the cover does say 2004. That's funny. Thanks to drew for pointing that out.

Perhaps that IS what is embarrassing. That the USPA should put the wrong year on its glossy magazine cover is pretty embarrassing.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I must be insane then cause go do 1000 tandems, then do 1000 RW jumps and come tell me there's no difference.

What's your point? That a TM might not be as good at 4 way than some one who does only RW jumps?

Do a 1000 FF jumps and then what?

You'd be suprised how many "national" or even "world" champions or record holders in skydiving either do or have thrown drouges in the past.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

What's your point? That a TM might not be as good at 4 way than some one who does only RW jumps?

I thought it was pretty obvious if you read the entire thread and the context of my original post...having hihg jump #'s in a short period of time cause you do a bunch of tandems isn't particularly impressive IMO.

You can all stop reading into things now and settle down, it was originally nothing more than a light hearted jab at Aggiedave.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

You can all stop reading into things now and settle down, it was originally nothing more than a light hearted jab at Aggiedave.

I got the joke and I thought it was funny.:D

Since I only have about 1000 sport jumps and just a hair under 500 tandems.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hi Air-T,
That's funny about the couch trip. A friend of ours came out and made a tandem a while back and was going to start AFF next. Well this didn't happen and Dennis would grumble a lot because I knew he really wanted to jump. Later we went to their house to visit and Gail said,"How do you like my new couch set??!!" (The old one wasen't even a year old!) Yup, I thought, there is Dennis'es skydiving money!!

That's NOTHING Bill~

About a month back I finally put it together.

My new Pro-Trac has been "Down Loading" stinky
piles all over the house!
(see attachment)

WTF Happened!
:o

There I was...living at the beach in San Diego,
tossing a coin to see if I'd take the 'Vette or the Harley up to Elsinore...B|

This past Saturday, I'm in a Houston Wal-Mart trying to buy batteries for a ten year old Dytter!B|

Ya know life is over when the 1:00 am run to 7-11
isn't for Beer...but Tampax![:/]

*Edited to add~

I posted this without really reading it, but now
that I have...I'm off the Wal Mart again~

~gotta get some strong ROPE! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Beer at the 7-11, must be nice!! If there's one thing we can learn from the Americans.. that's it!! ;)

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

>I must be insane then cause go do 1000 tandems, then do 1000
>RW jumps and come tell me there's no difference.

Doing tandems is like driving a truck. Somewhat different skills, but after a lot of time driving a truck, you do know more about driving overall.

>I must be insane then cause go do 1000 tandems, then do 1000
>RW jumps and come tell me there's no difference.

Doing tandems is like driving a truck. Somewhat different skills, but after a lot of time driving a truck, you do know more about driving overall.

I hear that driving a truck is more dangerous than skydiving. ;):D

I hear that driving a truck is more dangerous than skydiving. ;):D

I don't know about that, but I think the rules are stricter... Have you ever had to go into a weigh station and deal with the "authorities"... The thing is, these people make up the rules as they go... You can tell them you talked to Agent X at 3:33 PM on XX/XX/XXXX and got the advice you do not need a special permit because… Instead of calling that agent and asking if you talked, they simply say, “It is not my fault another employee of our organization told you that, I am still giving you a ticket for not having the proper stamp on this permit.”

The worst weigh station is the one at the Utah Arizona border on I-15... Two people work at the same desk, one representing Utah, one representing Arizona. Every thing they find wrong, they give you TWO tickets, one for each state… It is as if they are in competition to find what tickets they can give you, like a game show.

I only drove a truck when my company absolutely needed a 3rd backup guy... We hauled concert stages, and I was a lighting guy. It was not my job. I went to the DMV and ASKED THEM to remove the CDL from my license so I would never have to do it again. Don't get me wrong, there is something fun about driving a 80' long, over weight, over length, over width trailer with 24 wheels on it, where you have shifted gears 5 times and you are still going less than 10 MPH – thru a dirt field where a concert is scheduled, catching air on the mounds of dirt. Like a Jeep on cocaine. Just the government makes it painful.

Posting anonymously because I'm not sure if I'm justified in posting.

Was anyone else embarrassed and dismayed at the cover of the April 2005 edition of Parachutist?

Or, is there a new "phat" type of gear that I don't know about. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a good look at the cover.

Thanks,
Anonymous Coward.

So, you want us to look at your picture on the cover of PARACHUTIST, eh?

Guess it worked.
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

Val. This is PHATmatt. I have no idea if you will read this... I was just informed of the DropZone.com forums of which one was a discussion of me. SWEET!!!!! No, I did not create the fist post to get people to see the cover. this will be my first time posting to this site... BEER!! I know... It's kind of hard to not see the cover.. Nice crotch shott Huh???Glade I can make you smile. I won't ever change mine, and you don't ever change yours.. Look UP...:o
"And once you have tasted flight, you will be full of happiness...."