grue

Where do you wear your altimeter?

I like having mine on the back of my hand - happened to come in handy when I had a hard pull - I could keep tugging (I had planed to pull high on that jump anyway) and keep a track of my altitude at the same time without changing my body position; Convinient! :)

Does anyone out there use a bonehead alti-mount at all? What do you think of it? Does anybody know if it would be handy for a free-fly begginer, so you don't have to move your arms radically to see it?

Cheers!

I had to vote other cause I couldn'tmake multiple selections

- chest mount (almost 29 year old Alti-2)
- hand mount (Alti-2 Galaxy)
- audible in helmet (Alti-2 Neptune)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

On the hand, but I move it nearer to the thumb than most, with only the index finger through a small loop. It is easier to read with less no hand rotation needed.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I wear one altimeter on my left wrist, and I have one pro track and one pro dytter, one audible in each ear.

How's altitude awareness working for you?:|

I do plan on getting a chest mount one for freeflying though, some time in the future.

I'd like to get expert feedback on that one, especially in relation with back flying, and to a lesser extend sit flying. Burble?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

For regular RW I have one on my lower front leg strap.

For students I add one on my left hand.

I have a Neptune in my helmets.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Left hand rotated a bit towards the thumb.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When I strap a camera on my left hand, I slip the rubber finger-loop of my Altimaster 3 around my thumb. The Altimaster 3 wrist strap helps tighter the Handy-Mount around my wrist and the altimeter lens is just below my camera lens and parrellel.
Now I need a new excuse for pulling low!
Hee!
Hee!

I wear my visual alti on my left hand and my audible by my left ear. I'm a real fast faller too so I wear an extra visual alti on the back of my helmet for the benefit of others in the formation ;)

Had a friend that put one on the front of his helmet, set 1000' feet low. He said he could always tell when it was pull time by the look on everyone elses face.

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

Had a friend that put one on the front of his helmet, set 1000' feet low. He said he could always tell when it was pull time by the look on everyone elses face.

Back in the day when 10 way was the only game in town, the base would wear an altimeter on the front of his helmet. That way everyone could see it with out looking down to his chest strap. There were no wrist mounts.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals