Kimblair13

2 Cutaways in 5 days

Had a tandem cutaway Saturday (step thru) and a spinner on a sport rig Wednesday. I'm a lil freaked out now. Made one jump today but was totally paranoid about the opening and pulled at 9k. Anyone have functions this close together? How long before I'm not so freaked out and not wanting to jump? These were my 2nd and 3rd mals. I've also had one intentional, so 4 total.:S

I had a baglock on somewhere around jump 400. The reserve opened so hard that I was winded and my legs were bruised from the legstraps. It took me almost an entire season to relax during deployment again.

Just take a deep breath. Remember you know what to do (You've proved it twice recently) and try to have fun.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Think of it this way. What are the chances that your going to have another mal any time soon. 1 in a gazillion or something like that. I'd say your good to go. The gods of the odds have defintely been appeased but, just to be on the safe side, maybe you should get a new packer

don't sweat it... (of course I say that because I have 0 reserve rides) ;)

check out the saves page here:

http://www.chutingstar.com/saves.php

One person's name is on there like 15 times in 3 or 4 years. With 3 in an 8 day span at one point.
________________________________________________________________________________
when in doubt... hook it!

http://www.chutingstar.com/saves.php

Damn, who'd be (sp) Kevin Kominski

No joke! He must be either:

1. A jumping machine
2. A horrible packer
or
3. One unlucky dude

I think I counted 15 saves... I think he must be the financial backer of this rigging loft, without him, their revenue would be down at least a few %.;)

Had a tandem cutaway Saturday (step thru) and a spinner on a sport rig Wednesday. I'm a lil freaked out now. Made one jump today but was totally paranoid about the opening and pulled at 9k. Anyone have functions this close together? How long before I'm not so freaked out and not wanting to jump? These were my 2nd and 3rd mals. I've also had one intentional, so 4 total.:S

Did you pack those yourself or did a "professional" fuck you like that?

I know of a guy who at one point in time had more reserve rides than main rides on his gear. I wanna say 3 but it was probably 2 in his first 4 or 5 jumps on new gear.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

One intentional? Why?

Explain plz...

A jumper at the DZ has a cutaway harness. Just for fun and to "practice" I guess. Mostly for fun I think.
You have an additional harness under yours and 3rd canopy you pack (into a brown bag) and just jump out with it in yer hands then let go.

Such a bad attitude towards packers. >:(Get over it!:S

Some of us are very professional and will throw in all kinds of extra services like teaching someone how to hook up their main, adjusting the length of brake lines, finger trapping excess brake line if it comes out, doing a full inspection of their canopy. When I pack someones rig I do a fairly thorough inspection of the entire setup, not all packers are evil slackers and not all malfunctions are caused by packers.

I just hate to see you slamming a group of people.

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Such a bad attitude towards packers. >:(Get over it!:S

Some of us are very professional and will throw in all kinds of extra services like teaching someone how to hook up their main, adjusting the length of brake lines, finger trapping excess brake line if it comes out, doing a full inspection of their canopy. When I pack someones rig I do a fairly thorough inspection of the entire setup, not all packers are evil slackers and not all malfunctions are caused by packers.

I just hate to see you slamming a group of people.

-Karen

But not everyones as sweet as you Sugar. :P

And tell Jeff I said "hey". :)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

But unfortunately you (a good packer) will get bunched in with a ton of bad packers. 4 cut-aways all on paid pack jobs. Two came within about 20 jumps. Also a jump buddy and I had mals on the same load, right next to each other - same packer. >:(

Our old packer at the DZ had a ratio of about 1 malfunction per year (1 per few thousand packjobs)... I would use her when I was doing back to backs...
She has left and I prefer to pack my own now.[:/]