Kramer

Longest Time Off?

I haven't jumped in like 3 or 4 months. Its funny, at the time of my last jump, if after I landed you would have told me that would be my last jump for at least 4 months - I would have said you were crazy. Just a lot of stuff coming up in life and making it hard to get to a DZ.

Anyway, I was wondering what the longest some of you have gone w/o jumping is. I need to feel better about myself. Right now I feel like poop for not jumping more often. Holla.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

I've taken 2 different time periods off from jumping.

I took 9 months off once due to having had surgery on my leg - non-skydiving related.

I then took 10 months off to spend time with my dad while he was dying.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

2 weeks. i had a terrible cold. not too many things will keep me from being at a DZ. id be there right now if i didnt have to go to that 'work' shit. so quit making excuses and go to the DZ already.:S i like beer also.
what!?

Anyway, I was wondering what the longest some of you have gone w/o jumping is.

About 32 years and 3 months.

Of course, I'm currently about 32 years and 5 months old. :)

No, my mom didn't jump when she was pregnant with me...

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

sept+2003-june2004 because of an injury. That's the last time I jumped. Now I have basically voluntary have taken a undetermined amt. off for personal and also $$$ reasons, sold all my gear except my helmet{custom painted},RW & FF suit, so I still plan to get back some time. But ya know,I really miss it & look toward the sky constantly. But it will still be there when I'm reaady.
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Getting on for two years....

Haven't jumped since October 2003, and I'm going back to start again this Saturday! I'm completely terrified and excited all in one big scary dollop. :ph34r::D:):o

If anyone has any idea how to calm me down, please do. :S

still plan to get back some time. But ya know,I really miss it & look toward the sky constantly. But it will still be there when I'm reaady.

13 years. I was similar to skydiverbry in selling some stuff, but in my case it was everything BUT my gear. Ya know, the sky was still there when I got back. I did a refresher session and a solo jump, then went back to simple RW. I did have 1000+ jumps when I quit, though.

There just isn't always a skydiving-shaped hole in life.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wow Wendy,13 years is a little longer than I'm planning on but ya never know. I sold my gear because one I needed the $$$ and two I figured someone could put it to good use instead of it sitting in a lonely dark closest by itself. Hey, how much did jumpin change during ur time off? Was it hard to get back into it? I mean lots of new equip.,new outlooks on skydiving? How about relearnig teacniques or was it lie riding a bike. Like to hear about your exp. PM if ya want. BLUE SKIES!!BRYAN
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Oh heck, here is fine.

I kept my rig because I didn't intend to take quite that long off, and I really liked the gear. By the time I would have considered selling it, it would have brought me $150, and I saved far more than that by having it when I got back into the sport -- I had jumpable gear.

RW got faster (we were going to smaller and smaller suits when I got infrequent, and booties hadn't been invented yet when I quit). Weights were infrequent. Freeflying wasn't really a discipline, but CRW after a jump was still pretty common. There weren't any zero-P or elliptical canopies; therefore, no swooping.

It wasn't that hard to get back into it, but there are gaps in my knowledge that are semi common knowledge now. Flying a formal canopy pattern was not as emphasized then.

But it was kind of cool jumping my old rig, being given some crap about it (where did you get THAT antique???), and being able to say "I bought it new :)"

The biggest difference is that I'm no longer young and cool (see the old farts thread). Of course, I was probably never really cool. :ph34r: But I'm still here.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My last jump was on NY Eve 2004. Since then life has become more *alive* with things to worry about, family issues, and just taking general responsibility for myself and my future.

Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't. I'm selling things as they become innappropriate choices for a return after my time off. For example, after 6 months off a samurai was no longer an appropriate main canopy, so I sold it. I'll probably never sell my helmet & suit as the tunnel is too easily accessible here.

Que sera sera. Life changes, people change.

___