incode

How long did it take you to finish ur AFF

3 months. I started June 25th of this summer and graduated August 20th. My favorite level was 6 and 7....I LOVED tracking, the front and back loop, barrell roll, and tracking....tracking is def. my favorite....
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

How long did it take you to complete you AFF, which stage did you enjoy most and why???

I've got 25 jumps, but I still need to get back to you on that. :) I have heard of people taking over 50
to do AFF and I know someone that took over 90 on static line, so I don't feel too bad yet.

So far, my more recent jumps have been better, as I have learned to relax more and not turn when I don't
want to.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I started AFF (ground school) July 9. Weather was a pain the whole time I was trying to do my jumps so the first was the 12th. Did my 7th jump on the 23rd.
My favorite was the 6th jump. The flips and barrel rolls. First time I really felt I was in control. Plus it was also my first time standing up the landing.
Hopefully I can finish the last of my jumps this weekend and get my A license.

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA

2 years B|..must be record or can anyone top this?

I enjoyed level 3 the most because I was realesed on this dive and one off my instructors got in front of me...and I was perfectly stable :)

9 weeks:

one jump per week (and two weekends grounded due to weather) at a small cessna DZ where AFF students were the lowest priority.

I'm split on if that was annoying or not. On the one hand I didnt know there were large DZs with big planes where I could have done AFF in two days. On the other I spent 3 or 4 days a week at a DZ where, because it was small, you got to know everyone really well, I had solid friendships with the instructors who would sit and talk for hours on weather holds. We had time to do multiple dirt dives. I think it's one of the reasons I didnt have to redo any jumps. Well, that and knowing that blowing a level meant not being able to finish:)

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Month and a half, 7 jumps with no repeats.
Even quit my job to be able to stay at the DZ full-time.

Hold ups:
- weather
- no AFF instructors available.

Wasn't real happy about the hold-ups, but what can you do?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

How long did it take you to complete you AFF, which stage did you enjoy most and why??? im going for my stage 2 this weekend and hopefully 3-4 next weekend depending on funds and weather :) hoping for the best

A week which included 3 days off for weather. Managed to pass all levels first time. My favourite was the first solo jump because, well, it should be obvious why!!

I should add however that before AFF it took me 4 months to do 12 static line jumps and 1 freefall (H&P) :P
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Hi incode,
It took me a total of 22 jumps (including the 10 solo "consolidation jumps"). I repeated level 3 twice, although i still believe this could have been avoided if i had been allowed to wear some lead around my waist instead of falling WAY slower than my JMs.
I did a few minutes in a wind tunnel in paris, that really sorted me out for the rest of the AFF; it was much easier doing the real thing than in the tunnel :)

As you can tell from my jump numbers, i've only done 1 jump since getting my A-license. The moral? Don't get complacent, and keep saving that cash!