Designer

15,000 Jumps!

In case you missed it?Carol Clay made her 15,000 jump this past sunday!(we had to wait for her to recover from the "Chicks Weekend" party Sat. Night)(lol)She is the 10th person to do that many jumps!Sept 8-11 is her birthday bash(100-ways)and her 15,000 freefall Jump!It should be a great party for her at Skydive the Point,West Point,Va.

Wow, that's a serious achievement! Is there a list anywhere of all ten people?

Yeah, if you go back through the past Parachutist issues and look up the names of those who earned the respective award...

:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bill Dause (DZO Lodi, California) must be well beyond 15,000 jumps by now.

I believe he has passed the 24k mark or thereabouts. There's also Don Kellner in east Pennsylvania at Skydive The Poconos, I think, who has about the same jump numbers as Bill, give or take a thousand...

Those two are easily and by far the top two in the world. Nobody else is closer than several thousand.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I believe he has passed the 24k mark or thereabouts. There's also Don Kellner in east Pennsylvania at Skydive The Poconos, I think, who has about the same jump numbers as Bill, give or take a thousand...

Those two are easily and by far the top two in the world. Nobody else is closer than several thousand.

I heard they have a little rivalry (maybe unofficially) going for top dog....with Bill managing to stay just ahead of the Penn guy.

I heard they have a little rivalry (maybe unofficially) going for top dog....with Bill managing to stay just ahead of the Penn guy.

Probably so... however the big difference is that Bill does mostly anything that comes to mind, full freefall jump, etc... while about all Don does is hop and pops all week long, not hardly any RW, CRW, FF, etc... just hop n pops... he must want that "most jumps" title so badly... [:/] Of course, that's all just hearsay...

You have that backwards.
Don has more than Bill by several thousand.
I do believe that Bill may have more freefall time, though but I'm uncertain of that.
Don is in the Guinness book of World Records for the most jumps and currently has in the neighborhood of 36,000 jumps.

I made my first tandems hooked up to Don back in 1989. He was number 1 back then too but was only (har har) around 12 or 13,000.
Got my license there and still go up there from time to time although CK is closer to me.

Don is the energizer bunny of jumping. He's still going...
__

My mighty steed

She is the 10th person to do that many jumps!

Is that the 10th AMERICAN to do that many jumps or are you counting other countries such as new zealand and australia and the uk?

I know of a few people who are past this mark but i can not imagine them being on a list.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Jim Wallace (Perris) has 18k+
Omar Alhegelan (Eloy) is probably over the 15k mark by now.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I believe our DZO, Phil Onis has over 21,000 and he still jumps every weekend and probably during the week too.

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

Congrats Carol !!!

I jumped with Carol at the convention last year. We did a 6 PT 12 Way with Roger Ponce. I think I was the only one on that jump with less then 1000 jumps and no world records.

Here is a picture.

Clint
D-24352

PS. Craig Girard probably has 20,000 by now. There has to be more then 10.

Yeah, if you go back through the past Parachutist issues and look up the names of those who earned the respective award...

:P

Unfortunately those of us on the otherside of the world in Africa don't regularly see a Parachutist ;)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I know Fritz Pfnur hs around 11 or 12000 too, i'm sure that goes for Eli as well...

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Not a chance - hell, you can probably find almost 10 Airspeed members past and present that have 15000 jumps.

Still, an awesome accomplishment!

Canuck

Penta Ruby Wings (15,000 jumps) number 8 was awarded to Simon Wade in the Sept. 2005 Parachutist. Seems there is "a chance in hell" that she may very well be number 10.

Remember that those are only people that apply for the award.

Sparky

I know Dan BC has over 22,000.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Not a chance - hell, you can probably find almost 10 Airspeed members past and present that have 15000 jumps.

Still, an awesome accomplishment!

Canuck

Penta Ruby Wings (15,000 jumps) number 8 was awarded to Simon Wade in the Sept. 2005 Parachutist. Seems there is "a chance in hell" that she may very well be number 10.

Remember that those are only people that apply for the award.

Sparky

I know Dan BC has over 22,000.

That's right, only those who have applied. I ran into Carl Daughtery a few months ago at the Keys Boogie in Marathon Key and he had 16,500. Roger Ponce was there also and if has been jumping steady like Carl, he must also be in that range. Scotty Carbone was there and had about 12,800 so is closing in too.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519