Spatula

More "great" skydiving publicity on cnn.com

I read that her res was not open all the way.(maybe she pulled to late) Its also said she told the press she didn't know how to fix the main ( uh CHOP IT! ) glad she is okay.

Nope. It looks like it opens just fine. The only thing I could think of was a possible tension knot in the brake line or rear line groups, but I couldn't tell from the video.

Yeah, the video has been on CNN and local news all day today. Looks like she had some kind of pressure knot that hung up the slider and she apparently compounded the problem by releasing the opposite toggle. She rode the spinner all the way in. Pretty scary. I've never heard of the DZ where it happened. Anyone know where it was ( e.g. east NC, west NC, etc..)?
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

My dad called me today...went something like this, "Lisa...we need to talk. Some girl's parachute didn't open, her reserve didn't open either and she smashed into the ground. This is going to happen to you if you don't quit! I'm calling your grandparents and telling them what happened!" Me: "if her chute didn't open and she lived, then why are you worried??" CNN sucks!

Hmm, Jessica, it might end up on nbc10.com. Part of the video was aired just a few minutes ago on their 11pm news. The woman is missing many of her front upper teeth! Yikes. But, aside from that, I'd still like to know how she didn't know she was pregnant. She's planning to jump again, too! I don't remember when reports said, but I hope it's AFTER her pregnancy.

I've been hearing about this for the past two days. What really sucks is that the local news here (Rhode Island) started the story by saying her chute didn't open. Umm, duh?!? Her fucking chute was most certainly open above her head. Twisted a little, yes, but the news story said "A skydiver survives a 10,000 foot drop after her parachute fails to open".

Idiots...

I like the fact that she wants to jump again.

I don't. She made many mistakes that seem to indicate the sport isn't for her. This isn't all fun and games, you can die if you don't react properly and quickly.

I tend to agree with pollster. "I didn't know what to do" isn't something one wants to hear from a skydiver.

Hmmm... if you were a DZO and this girl came to jump at your DZ after all this, would you let her?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.