TrickyDicky

Most Expensive Jump tickets....

I was just wondering what the most expensive jump tickets (slots) in the world were. I get the feeling the UK is a contender for first place. Generally tickets range from £18-21 ($31.50 - $36.75) with the most expensive Ive seen being £26 ( $45.50) at skydive jersey, if you're not a member. this is using current rate of about £1:$1.75

Also what about tandems, Tandems here seem to be now around the £250 ($440) mark, Im sure they were about £200 5 years ago.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

i have heard thailand is £20 a jump and the dz in devon was £23 to 10,000ft.

Hinton is now £20 a jump but i dont mind paying that as they have a good aircraft and good staff/owners that make it a good place to be at.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I feel so lucky, we have approx 19 - 21 dollar tickets, and once a month "all we can jump for 129" I dont think I would be able to complain if we had a slight rise after seeing some of the out of USA costs
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I was sitting in the UK getting quite angry when all the americans were complaining about the price of petrol (gasoline). Did it go to $2/gallon?

we now pay about 90p/litre, thats about $6/silly US gallon, but then again about 50% of our petrol prices are tax (but no tax on JetA1 B| )

I was sitting in the UK getting quite angry when all the americans were complaining about the price of petrol (gasoline). Did it go to $2/gallon?

we now pay about 90p/litre, thats about $6/silly US gallon, but then again about 50% of our petrol prices are tax (but no tax on JetA1 B| )

Damn, it's gotta suck to pay more per gallon of regular than we pay per gallon of jetA[:/][:/][:/]

Damn, it's gotta suck to pay more per gallon of regular than we pay per gallon of jetA[:/][:/][:/]

I think we pay about $3.30/gallon of jetA
About $7 for a gallon of Avgas

Here in Colombia, jump tickets are $80,000.00 Colombian Pesos or about $40. US per jump. The plane ride from Bogota to the DZ and return is $140,000.00 CPesos or $70.00US but includes the jump into the DZ.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Here in Colombia, jump tickets are $80,000.00 Colombian Pesos or about $40. US per jump. The plane ride from Bogota to the DZ and return is $140,000.00 CPesos or $70.00US but includes the jump into the DZ.

how do you carry all those pesos?!

:P

.-.

not much love from its OPEC neightbor Venezuela, is there?

There the jumps are $13, if the ads in Skydiving can be believed.

It has only briefly been below 2 in the last two years in California. Right now it's 2.50 for 87, ~2.70 for 91 octane. Of that, perhaps 60 cents are for taxes.

Jump tickets for most larger dz's in Australia now are in the order of $38.

The petrol for vehicles is a minimum $1.05 a litre here in Queensland where it is one of the better prices in most states of the country.

BSBD! -Mark.

At least we don't have the traffic that some parts of the USA do haha!

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

Of the 35 or 40 different countries I've jumped over the years - the most expensive by far was Japan. They were around $60 USD out of a Caravan (and that was on vacation there 7 or 8 years ago so may be even more expensive today). But the aerial views of Mt Fuji were well worth it - almost majestic.

Cheapest was Saudi Arabia - where sport jumping is in infancy stages. Jumps there were free - out of skyvan, C-130's and Kawasaki twin rotor helicopters.

fergs

Heya dude!!

Yeah getting there. Nothing like seeing the canopies and the plane most days though - that sucks!

If not for the fact that I have been doing it long enough not to miss it TOO much I would be going mental these days ha ha!!

Back to hospital for xrays and HOPEFULLY return to the skies a few days after the 9th of March. Accident was September 16th. Mmmm ;(

There are a few guys around who have cool dz's. Nagambie is one of them. Nothing like a champ skydiver and a cool (far from whuffo ;) wife owning and running a dz. Was most impressed when I went south after years in Qld for a jump holiday there. They Rock! Makes me miss Melbourne even after living there for nearly 28 yrs lol!

BSBD!! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"