agent_lead

bring a tandem..get a jump ticket..does your dz do this?

i have about 25 people from my office who are ready to do tandems but im looking for a dz in my area (ny/nj) who will give a jump ticket for each tandem brought

does anyone know of any dz's that will do this?

does yours?
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Out of those 25, maybe 3 will actually go through with it ;)

That is soooo true. When i first started aff i had 33 peope on a list. It has been 4 months since i started aff and not one has done it. Dont expect all 25 to come out. It wont happen.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

i have about 25 people from my office who are ready to do tandems

the moment of truth is when you try to collect deposits.

(Although if you have people on the fence, try lying to them and say you already put in a deposit for them! When they show up at the DZ and find there was none, they still have the ability to back out)

so true! I've had at least 20 people promise me they're gonna come jump and every single one of them chickened out at the very last moment. what's even worse is that they were setting exact dates for the jumps, like they really intended it.

one dude recently told me that he can't come jump because his parents (read "financial backers") won't let him unless the following conditions are satisfied:
- pilot is ex-military
- TM is ex-military (honorably discharged, of course)
- dz provides full insurance for flight and jump ;););)

I thought that was pretty funny...

Don't know about your area, but reading the posts, I thought I'd share my story.

One DZ I jump at has a policy like Jerry81's DZ (see above) - if you bring in a group, they can either get the group rate discount or you can get the referral bonus.

I called another DZ I've jumped at before, who told me they offer a free jump ticket for every tandem you bring...AND then listed out their group rates, which looked pretty good for 15 people.

Needless to say, the first DZ lost out on 15 tandems. Granted, they would have made less money per tandem...but I think they would have come out ahead, given the number of people. Bummer for them (and I felt bad for a second, for taking the better offer...feels kinda "selfish," given that I know, contrary to popular belief, that most DZOs don't make a fortune in the business)...but ultimately, I decided I had to take the other offer. Everyone had a blast, for cheaper than the other DZ, and I got a reward for bringing them a couple of loads' worth of tandems.

Ultimately, I suppose if you're gonna run a commercial DZ, you've gotta run it like a business...which means there are times when you're gonna have to choose when to cut your margins and compete. As long as you can do it profitably, of course.

All capitalistic musings aside, if I ever do another group tandem outing, I'll be taking my friends to the place that scratches my back (and gives my friends the best value) while I'm scratching theirs.
Signatures are the new black.

Kinda. I would never expect 25 jump tickets though unless every single one bought DVD and Picture packages then I might expect 3-4 jump tickets. I bring quite a few people to the DZ every year and would continue even if there was no refferal bonus. What matters to me is it is my home and my family and no one is jumping out of a plane with my friends that ain't family;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I think I can get around 10 dollars for every tandem I refered... but I don't think I would feel right asking for 200 if brought the whole office in.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

A place I taught at while going to college had a neat thing going.

They had a business type card that was a joke/magic trick...with 5.00 off and the WhoWhatWhere on the back.

You could give them out at bars etc. with your name on the bottom...anyone turned one in gave ya 5.00 credit toward jump tickets.

Course that's back when a buck was still WORTH 70 cents! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Kinda. I would never expect 25 jump tickets though unless every single one bought DVD and Picture packages then I might expect 3-4 jump tickets. I bring quite a few people to the DZ every year and would continue even if there was no referral bonus. What matters to me is it is my home and my family and no one is jumping out of a plane with my friends that ain't family;)

I don't know... We have a pretty active tandem DZ. About 100 tandems per day on good weather weekends... Another 25 students would increase the sales of the DZ 25% - or $4500 gross. I have been to DZs that have only a few tandems a day. 25 would increase sales hundreds of percent.

Heck, 25 would be over two otter loads of slots - with no video. Three otter loads with video.

That is a lot of volume.

For the DZ to get that much volume from any other sales source, they are likely paying a chunk of money to the website/yellow pages/sales rep/discounts/etc...

If the DZ gives a bonus for one tandem - then for 25 - the bonus should be 25 times greater... If anything the bonuses should get greater with volume, not smaller.

Why? You certainly acted as a great sales person to bring them in, did a crap load of logistical work, etc. The DZ should want to give you 25 tickets (if they normally give one per tandem) if you bring $4500 in revenue they would normally not have had!

The DZ should want to give you 25 tickets (if they normally give one per tandem) if you bring $4500 in revenue they would normally not have had!

AND a BJ!

...that's a boat load of $$ coming in! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

i wish my local dz's would chime in here....

xkeys...the ranch..skys the limit..

i know sdjs does it..and i saw in this thread sdli MAY do it....but everyone wants to fly in the otter

and i dont expect 25 jump tickets..becasue i dont expect 25 of them to come..but i have at least 10 definites that have been asking me to take them since i first started...the rest are just possibles..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

i brought in a bunch of friends to eloy , didnt get a free jump for each but they give you 10 discount ticket for each person you bring , and they dont have a limit that i know of. got about 10 total free jumps.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

I jump at above the pocono's and they have given me free jumps for each person I bring in. Don't hold me to it, but give them a call and ask that directly. If they do give you the free jump, then the student pays full price.
ignorance is not bliss

Thank GOD my DZ does... Cause i definately wouldnt have made 1/2 the jumps i've done. Yeah. I wear the shirts, people say, 'you skydive' and I say-yeah. wanna go? And when I can recruit folks to go on with AFF, I get like 5:) it pays to push:)