FireMedicJumper

Skyride Dropzone Coming to Prattville, Alabama?

I'm Sorry "Pops" but i don't think you get it, this whole thread and my post are about the Dropzone formaly located in Pell City that is moving to prattville. It concerns Its staff and family that jumps there, not the owners. This whole thread is off of topic. It started when an up jumper asked what staff is at our DZ.

Mike, That page that you have a link for is way way out of date, There is no recent staff page for the Alabama Skydiving Center.

this whole thread and my post are about the Dropzone formaly located in Pell City that is moving to prattville. It concerns Its staff and family that jumps there, not the owners.

I beg to differ there.
Read the title.. a SKYRIDE Dropzone coming to Pratville.
Then the OP questioned the Validity of the of the information on the web page. False and misleading information on webpages is something that SKYRIDE is well known for. That is 100% credited to the "Owners" by most of the skydiving community.

So actually this is more about the owners than the people that jump there.

I have jumped at multiple other DZ's and actually learned to jump at a different DZ than Pell City, But i will still remain at Pell City/Prattville... Actually the Alabama Skydiving Center is nothing like ASC in Cedartown, We don't share any staff, very few of our jumpers jump at Cedartown more than a few times a year, and most of our staff don't even feel comfortable at that Dropzone. We don't have the problem with cliques either.

Maybe they can get away long enough to see that Ripping off people, Lying to People, Stealing from people are wrong and the businesses that are doing this should not be supported.

If their to stupid to already know that lying to people, ripping off people, and stealing from people, and supporting those who do, is wrong who the fuck really wants them around anyway! They should be treated like shit and ran off the dz ASAP before rig's go missing. I don't and nor do most of us who have been jumping for a number of years care to have lowlife scum around.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Again, I think there are some great people at ASC and Pell City but trying to discuss the Skyride issues with them is pointless and counter productive. They are way too close to the issue and will never see the problem until they get away. Until then it is just perceived as a personal attack on their home.

Damn, that hit close to home....:P

Love where I am now for sure. And I see all of my same arguments I would have made 3 years ago in this thread from the Pell City jumpers. But how things change when you finally see what's on the outside.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

i would say something but my post keep getting deleted. The moderators like to protect the "regular" posters. I cant post anything negative about someone but stratostar can call all the staff and jumpers at ASC thieves and scum, without any provacation. I assure you we wouldnt steal your rig.........its probably a piece of crap anyway!
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

You have 4 posts. How many have been deleted?

You will also notice he is not talking about anyone directly. Maybe you should reread his post.

There was someone on the forums over at Pell City a few years ago that braged about coming to the Dublin Boogie and making a bunch of jumps and only paying for three. Kind of proves a point doesn't it. Yes I know not everyone would do that but everone on the forum knew and I was unable to find out who it was because no one claimed to know who the guy was.

i would say something but my post keep getting deleted. The moderators like to protect the "regular" posters. I cant post anything negative about someone but stratostar can call all the staff and jumpers at ASC thieves and scum, without any provacation. I assure you we wouldnt steal your rig.........its probably a piece of crap anyway!

Apparently you only have 1 post that was deleted...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=yarak+&search_type=AND&search_fields=u&search_time=&search_user_username=&sb=post_time&mh=25
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

You have 4 posts. How many have been deleted?

You will also notice he is not talking about anyone directly. Maybe you should reread his post.
---------------------------------------------------------

For those that missed it, he called Billy some pretty ugly names and issued some blatant accusations. His post was rightfully deleted.
Just for the record.....I called him on it and my post was deleted also. Billy is my friend and I back my friends if they need it.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Funny enough, ASC has their own forum and anybody that posts anything even remotely negative about ASC gets their posts deleted and themselves banned. :D No, I haven't posted in there and have no interest to, it's like talking to a wall that sucks every word in. :P

Yarak, just stick to that forum. You have very few friends over here as it is. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The rules:
No personal attacks.
No jokes about or references to pedophilia. None.
No advertising in the forums.
Post to the correct forum and stay on topic.

"Personal attacks" is defined as attacks against dz.com members. Saying someone's idea is stupid is fine. Saying they have terrible taste is fine.

Calling them stupid, or bitter, or anything else is fine. You can say that skydivers are stupid. But then if you say "BTW -- you're a skydiver" is a personal attack.

And I'm afraid that it's pretty much open season for attacks on the company skyride.com. Go read some of the threads that Mike Gruwell used to participate in when he was still the rigger at ASC. Plenty of venting going on. But he hung in there.

There are a lot of nice jumpers at Skyride (or ASC-related) dropzones. But there seems to be a problem with their business practices in attracting new customers.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

funny thing is, the only positive posts around here about skyride, come from very low number posters.. but nonetheless, they seem to have it all figured out who's full of hatred and what not.. billy, besides being a deaf goof that hardly jumps, seems to be one of the funnier guys around, from my online experience with him only, i can say that guy doesnt even know what hate is..

but skyride seems to have a big issue with this website, and somehow they feel the need to defend themselves.. fuck skyride!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Beat me to it... ;)

While I have specifically attacked Ben and Cary numerous times on here in the past, calling them stuff like shitbags, etc... they are not DZ.com users. And if they are, they hide their real identity, like most of the low post users that support skyride.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i would say something but my post keep getting deleted. The moderators like to protect the "regular" posters. I cant post anything negative about someone but stratostar can call all the staff and jumpers at ASC thieves and scum, without any provacation.

Hmmm . . . let's see . . . you've been here a little less than two months and you have the whole phantom favoritism phenomenon all figured out. You say your posts "keep" getting deleted? You have 4 posts and one is missing (and it's not in the Recycle Bin). "Keep getting deleted" would mean that there would have to be more than one. :S

Now . . . since Moderators have the handy little privilege of being able to view IP addresses, I notice that you and another username have shared the same IP. That in itself is not all that uncommon, but when I find that 100% of his posts are either in this thread, the mother Skyride thread, or in the recycle bin having been removed from one of those two threads, I think it may be those threads from the other user (alter-ego?) you may be referring to that "keep" getting deleted.

The "protecting regular posters" whine is bullshit. We go out of our way to be fair and objective in all moderation. There are no absolutes here, although some of the rules come pretty close to that. There is a lot left open to the judgment of the Moderators - the site owner designed it that way.

You always have the privilege of taking your complaints to the top. The site owner will correct a Moderator that he feels has gone overboard. In this case, I think your best course of action is to choose which of your two online personas you want to use on dropzone.com and stick to that one so you don't get confused.;)
Arrive Safely

John

***The "protecting regular posters" whine is bullshit. We go out of our way to be fair and objective in all moderation. There are no absolutes here, although some of the rules come pretty close to that. There is a lot left open to the judgment of the Moderators - the site owner designed it that way.

Yep... even an anti-skyride regular poster once got banned a few years ago for getting nasty... marks. He used to be an ASC jumper and supporter, then jumped to the other side. He didn't mince words thats for sure. Hell, before he jumped to the other side, he and I got into some heated debates on here, and now we're friends. I see him every time I go to The Farm. :P

I think your best course of action is to choose which of your two online personas you want to use on dropzone.com and stick to that one so you don't get confused.

Oh, *that's* gonna leave a mark!!! :D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think the high and mighty Moderator needs to sit down and think of other possible reasons why more than one ID can come from just one IP Address... Lets say i log into the computer at the dropzone to post something on dropzone.com loggout and then Fincher gets on that same computer to post... 2 completly different people on the SAME IP address... Or maybe another skdiver was at his house and wanted to use his computer to make a post... Either way i Know for a fact that Fincher has better things to do than make multiple accounts on Dropzone.com like... lets say.... Um.... Skydive! I'm not afraid to say who i am nor do i hide behind my computer.

My name is Chris Martin

I'm not afraid to say who i am nor do i hide behind my computer.

My name is Chris Martin

Good for you, dude. :)
Say... didn't Ben and Cary steal your phone number a while back??? Oh wait... sorry, that was the OTHER Chris Martin. :P

I cant post anything negative about someone but stratostar can call all the staff and jumpers at ASC thieves and scum, without any provacation.

I call it the way I see it, if you don't like it, tough shit, don't read it!

If you work for or jump at a SKYRIDE DZ then your no better then the owners who have a long documented history all across the United States of being liers, cheats, and ripoff artists, you help the keep them in business with your work & wallets and there for you help to deceive and ripoff the public, just the like the bullshit website of your home dz is a bunch of lies, and then to offer a lame ass excuse, your IT guy is too busy, more like too busy ripping off other peoples websites and stealing peoples copyrighted photos.

AS I said before just because your only driving the getaway car in a bank robbery, your still a bank robber and that makes you a crook too!

And if you and your buddys are to stupid to figure that out, thats not my fault!

Anyone who would go to such attempts to defend what is so well known as a scam makes them a scammer as well, dose it not?

Why don't you all turn in your USPA memberships and not renew if your DZO's are so great? We don't need you or your money to help fight the court battle.

The public keeps getting ripped off by the likes of B&C and those who work for them and support them!

When are the tickets going on sale to the public for the " eastern US sydiving championships"? and how many teams are signed up?

Tell ya what there smart guy, you come back in 10 or 15 years and tell us how great your shithole is, if your still around that is! My bet is you'll be selling your gear in a few years and the sport will be
And your right all my rigs are old worn out crap no one in their right mind would jump, let alone steal. "MadLib" implied PA removed by slotperfect.

P.S. The mods here don't play favorits, if your out of line you get deleted or banned, slotperfect has banned me before as has bill von. I type more careful now and edit myself as you can see above! And even then I still fuk up and get banned sometimes.:):$:P:)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

well its obvious you are wound up too tight and you are certainly a loose cannon. I guess you can come on here and call me a thief or scum or any other asinine assumptions. Personally i dont care. I just want to skydive, So Abbreviated PA removed by slotperfect!
I guess im a bad person. I would like to thank you in all your infinite wisdom for pointing it out to me. Now that i know i will try not to lose too much sleep. All i know is that while i've been at Pell City, we have taken alot of people on cheap tandems and introduced alot of people to the sport. I can say from first hand experience that most of our tandems are within a 3 hr driving range. Hell i drive 2 hrs to get there myself. Most problems we have are the same that any DZ has.........weather problems, plane problems,etc,etc. 99% of the people that leave that place, leave with a smile on there face so complain all you want. Meanwhile i'll keep enjoying skydiving my butt off and taking hordes of people on there first jump.

Also,
there is a reason why you see alot of low post number people come on here and defend places like pell city(which isnt skyride, they arent the same thing)
first of all, no one listens or is able to reasonably discuss anything. You guys instantly jump on the bash skyride and anyone linked to them bandwagon. Let me apologize right now for making more skydives than i do post. Unlike some on here i am current.

second, after being called thieves and scum and being the target of your ignorant assumptions, most us come to the determination that we are better people than you . We would never treat you that way no matter where your home DZ was or where you needed to be to make a living. Or who happened to own the business you worked for. To us you would just be another fellow skydiver. Sorry you dont feel the same about us.

I urge chris, flailmonkey and all other good people from pell city to stop posting here from this point on. We are nicer better people than these judgemental hate mongers. the best thing we can do is stop fueling there hate with our post.

afterall, we know the real truth. These people dont care and dont want to hear it. They have made up there minds without even visiting our operation.

So lets take our low post number asses to prattville and make it a great place
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

Tell us how you really feel. :D
B and C isn't that a head ache powder?
Anyways, does talking to a brick wall mean anything to you?

http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?