FireMedicJumper

Skyride Dropzone Coming to Prattville, Alabama?

It seems that the Skyride affiliated dropzone currently located in Pell City, AL will be moving it's operation to my hometown of Prattville. I've never been to the DZ, but I'm curious just how many of the "staff" listed on their webpage actually work at this DZ.

http://www.skydivebirmingham.com/main.html

Don't know much about the whole Skyride operation except what I read here but maybe some of you familiar with them can check out the staff page at the above link and let me know what you think.

I know at least a few of the people I see listed there do not work there so it makes me wonder who else doesn't.

To answer your question...

Of that old staff list, the only person working fulltime at the "Skydive Birmingham" is Rob Morris. The others that still work at their "sister" Atlanta drop zone from that list are: Anne Kohaut, Eddie Grantland, John Jordan, Jessica Edgington, Chuck Owen, Mark Kalupa, Tatyana and Vitali.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

And the funny thing is, they're not called Skydive Birmingham. It's Alabama Skydiving Center, but hell, they go by so many different names on the internet that it's fucking ridiculous. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Along the same line, and respectfully, let's note that Danny Page is also still doing duty at Skydive Atlanta. So is "Jack Sheehy" who might or might not have regained mobility, let alone being able to skydive.

Having said that Rob and Laura are a class act! I, for one, wish them well in Prattsville.

P.S.: Regarding any comments by Billy Boy, in this thread or others. Problem is: DUDE WONT LISTEN!

To answer your question...

Of that old staff list, the only person working fulltime at the "Skydive Birmingham" is Rob Morris. The others that still work at their "sister" Atlanta drop zone from that list are: Anne Kohaut, Eddie Grantland, John Jordan, Jessica Edgington, Chuck Owen, Mark Kalupa, Tatyana and Vitali.

Mike

P.S.: Regarding any comments by Billy Boy, in this thread or others. Problem is: DUDE WONT LISTEN!

So you're still sticking by Cary and Ben?

:S:S:S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey Billy - I got some e-mail at home regarding Skyride. It was from a former Skyride Employee stating all the dishonest shit they do, and the mention of Cary's brother being a big thug and possbile money laundering going on etc.

the senders address didn't look like anyone I knew.

Anyone else get this e-mail?

Judy]
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Hey Billy - I got some e-mail at home regarding Skyride. It was from a former Skyride Employee stating all the dishonest shit they do, and the mention of Cary's brother being a big thug and possbile money laundering going on etc.

the senders address didn't look like anyone I knew.

Anyone else get this e-mail?

Judy]

Airtwardo did, and posted about it in the Bonfire.

Edited to add the link: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2877326;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Oh and Mpohl, stop defending skyride, it only makes you look stupid.

Just a guess Billy, but I believe he may have been making lighthearted jest at your physical individuality.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Just a guess Billy, but I believe he may have been making lighthearted jest at your physical individuality.

He and I have butted heads heatedly in the past over the skyride issue. Originally in rec.skydiving, and then again when I started posting here.

Prattville is an excellent opportunity to allow a community to understand the beauty of human flight. Billy, you know Rob and Laura run a great DZ and will do so at Prattville. Congrats to Rob and Laura.

Yes, I know Rob seems like a good guy. I just fail to see how that part of Alabama is going to support two DZs. This is not the Atlanta area. I would hate to see the long-time DZ Opelika Skydiving suffer.

Besides, once they leave Pell City, the airport is never going to allow skydiving again. That is the impression they got once they saw the differences between the old DZ and the DZ Skyride put in place.

Just my 2 cents.

First off, I think we both know that Pell City has never liked having skydiving near their facilities. However, I can honestly say that these guys at PC have given a lot of heart and deserve the second chance at Prattville. They are on a roll and have something to offer to AL. Skydivers. I speak with Rob everyday and he is totally about upholding the integrity of skydiving of ALA. at Prattville. Congrats again to Laura and Rob. Keep up the good work.
------------------------------------------------
Know your rights.

First off, I think we both know that Pell City has never liked having skydiving near their facilities.

I'm not slamming Rob's ability to manage a DZ, but I do think the airport soured on the whole skyride deal. I jumped at Pell City for a long time, from 1995 to just after skyride took over a few years ago. I have made a few jumps there since then, but mostly for demo practice and one tandem involving a group from the deaf school. Not once in all that time before skyride took over did anybody say the airport was having problems with us, even going back a couple owners.

Afterall, aren't we all sister dropzones?

LMAO... staff-wise and jumper-wise, maybe... but ASC is still saddled with that "Skyride" tag, and that just leaves a bad taste in everyone else's mouths.

You can blame Ben and Cary for all the shit they started and still perpetuate.

I still think USPA did the right thing kicking them out.

Thanks for all the support. I just wish some people could realize that it is not about the past as much as it is about the future. What you think you see is no longer reality. Don't be afraid of straying from what has become the norm. We have all been born with eyes, yet some do not see....
------------------------------------------------
Know your rights.

Thanks for all the support. I just wish some people could realize that it is not about the past as much as it is about the future. What you think you see is no longer reality. Don't be afraid of straying from what has become the norm. We have all been born with eyes, yet some do not see....

You been listening to stevie wonder records again.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?