nakedfool

The Skydive Addiction

Ok,
I only have about 23 jumps under my belt. I started my AFF class back in early June. Im doing very well and almost have all my own gear. I have a problem though...

I cant stop thinking about skydiving. i mean...all i think about all day and night....is jumping. i wear my rig around the house when im bored and constantly view this site to see what new stuff is for sale in the classified section. i also read the forums.

for the guys that have ridiculous amounts of jumps...when does it stop? have i entered a new realm?

who has ~1000 jumps and still does this?

i have been addicted to a lot of sports/hobbies, but nothing like this. i think its starting to affect my job and stuff...

:|

dudeee,, move to the south,, you can pack my rig for free.

I cant stop thinking about skydiving. i mean...all i think about all day and night....is jumping. i wear my rig around the house when im bored and constantly view this site to see what new stuff is for sale in the classified section. i also read the forums.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

i think its starting to affect my job and stuff...:|

Me to.

It is especially difficult for me because I have health issues that do not allow me to participate actively right now, probably never again. If you have a good career, before you let it affect that, think long and hard about it. I gave up a really great career to skydive fulltime, did that for over 6 years and have no regrets (met my wife and made great friends), but it was quite a sacrifice but was worth it for me.
Now that it has been taken away, it sucks.

Try to keep things in perspective and remain balanced, and as has been stated we skydive year round here in the south, so you are in a good state for it, and one of the best DZs around is right here in Texas.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Ok,
I only have about 23 jumps under my belt. I started my AFF class back in early June. Im doing very well and almost have all my own gear. I have a problem though...

for the guys that have ridiculous amounts of jumps...when does it stop? have i entered a new realm?

i have been addicted to a lot of sports/hobbies, but nothing like this. i think its starting to affect my job and stuff...>>>>>

Skydiving is more expensive and more addicting than a heroin addiction ---------------------------

You just meet a lower class of people skydiving;);););)

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

I just finished AFP about a month ago. I'm 35, have a wife and 3 kids, a mortgage, and a job that I absoulutely hate ( Aircraft mechanic . Ironic?). Right now it seems like balance between skydiving, and a normal life, exists. But is on the edge of being out of control. So far, finances are still in check.(still renting gear, and probably will for the rest of the season) But I'm willing to do what ever it takes to jump every weekend possible. I'm going on a two week vacation today and am not happy about it. I'm going to miss Summerfest at SDC. I'm going to start planning my vacations around skydiving next year. I have ambitions to become an instructor so I can cut back on my bullshit everyday job. I could never quit, but I won't have to be there as much. I want my family out at the dropzone with me as much as they can stand. My wife is behind me 100%. All I think about is SKYDIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble Ramble .
Bottom line........... I love this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya in a minute. Peace out!

YOU are the reason I became an Instructor. Well, people like you. I don't know when it wears off. I'm not sure there is a #, but the pull can wane. Mine did when I had about 1000 jumps. I was going to either get a wing suit or get my Tandem rating to "change things up." I got my TM rating. I love it!

IMHO The key is to keep it fresh. There is always a skill (FF, wingsuit, CrW, etc ...) or rating to get that keep everything fresh.

I'm glad you're a part of us. :)

steveOrino

Can't speak for other folks, but for me... it doesn't stop. I'm at work right now... day dreaming about skydiving and posting instead of actually doing anything productive for the boss. ...and my first skydive was Aug 15, 1982. What does that tell ya? ;)

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I just went over 300 and I feel like it's getting worse (better).

Today, I am sick about not jumping. Got other shit to do and I'm looking in the sky, checking the winds, thinking about how to move my knees and hands to make a nice turn. Dreaming about the next big weekend,

It's a pretty serious distraction.

Love it

I've only 40 jumps to my name, but cant stop thinking about it. It is an addiction - there's no other word to describe chasing that 'buzz'.

Everything else just seems mundane :$

Out of 10,000 feet of fall, always remember that the last half inch hurts the most — Captain Charles W. Purcell, 1932

When I started jumping, I dreamed about one day having a 1000 jumps and being really good at this skydiving thing. Now after having passed the 1000 mark earlier this year I still struggle with this freeflying thing that I chose to pursue. While I have seen a lot of progress from when I had 500 to now, it still feels like I need another 1000 jumps to get this all figured out.:$ Every time I make a mistake and screw up a jump it just means I need another 1000 jumps to get it right. Guess I will be jumping for a long time.:)

yeah,, im looking for skydive rehab center here too..

its called a tunnel

Dave

:D:D:D

if skydiving is heroin then a windtunnel is methadone

Except hopefully your bones dont hurt when you get done with the tunnel

D
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I'm at work right now... day dreaming about skydiving and posting instead of actually doing anything productive for the boss.

sounds like a normal day in the office to me!

not a day goes by at work when i'm not checking the 10 day forecast, looking at the webcam at the dz i go to, looking on dz.com or skydivingmovies.com.

A lot of people would call it sad!

In fact., here's a post i made when i started jumping:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=640317;#640317

Notice any similarities? :D

Between this thread and the older one you guys are making me nervous! Not only am I looking to start AFF within the next month, but I'll be starting my MBA too. Uh oh. I see trouble ahead...:S
~* Quae Sursum Volo Videre *~

if skydiving is heroin then a windtunnel is methadone

Except hopefully your bones dont hurt when you get done with the tunnel

know a lot about methadone eh?

Only from helping people...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.