crashtested

How extreme a skydiver are you

Don't be picking on the xTrEmElY old guy, maybe his eye sight is going.....:P

You guys quit picking on the old guys.
We were XtREmE before they invented the word.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

It's funny how the standards have changed. I've always pulled at about the same 2800 - 3000 ft. Thirty years ago, people asked me if I was "nervous" for pulling so high. Nowadays some people think I'm "wreckless" for pulling below 3500. I don't worry about it, the one time I actually had a streamer mal, I was chopped and sitting under my reserve above 1500 ft (with no RSL in those days).

And compared to the squares we had then, ALL of taoday's canopies, even the student Navigators, would've been considered "extreme".

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

In the back of my first log book, it gave you all free fall times and delays, with you pulling at 2500

I took that as this was a normal height to pull at, so jump number 19 my 1st after getting my A licence 2500 comes and I throw, canopy snivals a bit, under canopy for 1400, with my hands on my handles, couple of turns and i'm on the ground..... CCI was not so amused.

In the back of my first log book, it gave you all free fall times and delays, with you pulling at 2500

I took that as this was a normal height to pull at, so jump number 19 my 1st after getting my A licence 2500 comes and I throw, canopy snivals a bit, under canopy for 1400, with my hands on my handles, couple of turns and i'm on the ground..... CCI was not so amused.

I hate to break it to you but you couldn't have had your A-License at 18 jumps since there is a 25 jump requirement to get your A-License ... then again, you are XTREME!
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I hate to break it to you but you couldn't have had your A-License at 18 jumps since there is a 25 jump requirement to get your A-License ... then again, you are XTREME!

maybe instead of "A license" he means "a license"

like "a" driver's license or something

driving is pretty ExTrEmE

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Check his profile. You can get your A licence in 18 jumps under the BPA in the UK. Not all skydivers live in America :o

I have jumped with him, and I can confirm he is XtrEmE.
One of my hairiest scariest moments in the sky :|
but what do I know

this thread is xTrEmElY stupid.

That is an XTREEEEEEEEEEEME repost, I already said this at least once earlier in the thread Proffesor.

xTreMeLy sorry. I must have been having an XtreMe nap at the time.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Extreme is the most overused word in the USA.

Sorta like "extreme" skateboarding.
Or how 'bout "extreme" car waxing.

Nope, the most overused word over there would be :- Awesome.

I'd say in skydiving...."inherently", is the most overused and misused.

Hmmm... and I thought the most overused word in the US would be something along the lines of:

Me

I

We

or oddly enough... us. :P

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

With the pollution / population ratio the US has, I would say that the word "green", no matter how prevelant it may seem is severely underused.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm... and I thought the most overused word in the US would be something along the lines of:
Me
I
We

With the pollution / population ratio the US has, I would say that the word "green", no matter how prevelant it may seem is severely underused.

Any excuse to launch into a hysterical anti-American rant, eh?

Well this may come as a shock to you, so I hope you’re firmly seated on your moose, but we really don’t consider the opinions of Canadian skydivers when making energy policy.

Apparently your buddies have had more than enough eco-nuttery themselves; conservatives recently swept parliament and made Conservative Party leader Stephen Harper your prime minister. Ouch!
"Iþ ik qiþa izwis, ni andstandan allis þamma unseljin."

Any excuse to launch into a hysterical anti-American rant, eh?

Damn... I've been outed ;)

Well this may come as a shock to you, so I hope you’re firmly seated on your moose, but we really don’t consider the opinions of Canadian skydivers when making energy policy.

Energy policy? What's that? Use it all, and if we need to then just take it? And it's easy to hang on to the moose, what with those great big antlers!

Apparently your buddies have had more than enough eco-nuttery themselves; conservatives recently swept parliament and made Conservative Party leader Stephen Harper your prime minister. Ouch!

We have a Prime Minister? I haven't been paying attention... :P

BTW.. it's not that Steven Harper won't do anything about climate change, he's just too stupid to actually understand the fact that it's happening. Isn't ignorance bliss? I didn't vote Conservative. I was hoping Al Gore would come up and give us a run. We'll take em since you don't want em.

BTW.. I love Americans (well.. 99% of them that I've met are WAY more polite than Canadians). I just don't like America. :)
I'll keep it in the Bonfire... my apologies.

Funny, that is how my friend Ryan picked up his nickname.... Ripcord.

More extreme is to hold on to the reserve handle and dump your main. That seems more your style. ;)

xxxxxTreEeEeeeEEmE. :ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

to the max!!!!!!!!

Video of the jump this thread was set up for will be up on thursday next week.

There will be a technical page up on here a bit later on, for those acccountants out there, who want to know a bit more about it all.

I've attached my original story board ( i was a little drunk, so it may look like a 5 year old drew it)
So you can get the idea...........