VTmotoMike08

Who has the most jumps without a cutaway??

Or a sign that you are a very good packer.
Or that you maintain your gear to the highest standards.
Or that you are very reliable in your body position on deployment.
Or that you are just a little bit lucky.

Who would be the perfect pilot for you?
Someone with a nice clean record and lots of hours of experience or some m0therf0cker war veteran who has crashed a dozen of planes?

I understand and agree with what you are implying. I never implied that not having a mal somehow makes you a better skydiver.

And since we are picking at the tiny details here, I will add that your comment about pilots only applies to skydiving in the sense of someone else damaging your gear midflight, as you are implying that the veteran war pilot got shot down in flight and managed to save himself. If he got in an airplane that he knew was bad, or one that he improperly maintained himself, or one that he did not do a pre-flight check on, then I think that is indeed a reflection of his skill as a pilot and/ or mechanic.

The only thing that my post was implying was a curiosity as to who has been lucky the longest, nothing else.

My numbers in my profile are accurate. I have not had a cut away yet. Does that make me a less competent skydiver? It's not like I chose not to have any cut aways. I didn't do anything special.

btw I have 139 jumps for this year and almost 300 jumps for last year and over 300 for the year before.

Or a sign that you are a very good packer.
Or that you maintain your gear to the highest standards.
Or that you are very reliable in your body position on deployment.
Or that you are just a little bit lucky.

Who would be the perfect pilot for you?
Someone with a nice clean record and lots of hours of experience or some m0therf0cker war veteran who has crashed a dozen of planes?

What about the pilot that argues all day in aerobatics internet forums? Certainly that has to compensate for his level of currency. ;):P

Hugs and kisses Gabor. :)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I think Pip has him beat...I know he's never had a sport rig cutaway and he's currently number 2 in the world in total jumps...
;)

geez I hope I don't jinx you there Pip!

Story about Pip:

We were at Z hills, I had about 220 jumps, Ladydyver about 80. We were going to do a 2 way, this guy comes up, introduces himself, "Hi I'm Pip - do you want to do a 3 way?" Being cautious of who we jump with, I casually ask about jump #'s, not wanting some yo-yo to wreck our nice little 2 way. Anyway, I consented to let him jump with us:PB| and turned the most points on that 3 way ever, until a jump last week when we got 15 on a 3 way. I had no idea he was 2nd in the world! I'll sure save his signature in my log book.

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Last time Guiness Records was involved they certified Don Kellner carried out his 34,000th skydive on the 13th July, 2003. He's currently over 37,000 jumps. His wife has over 15,000 herself. http://www.dkellner.info/DonKellner.html.

Kirk Verner is upwards of 22,000 right now last I heard and Jim Wallace had did his 19,000 jump back in 2007. Dan Brodsky-Chenfeld had 18,000+ when he moved back to Perris in 2003 and a newspaper article quoted him at 21000 in 2005. Craig Girard has to be in the 18-19,000 jump range by now too. Don and Bill Dause were in the lead but there were a few only 6-8000 jump behind. :D

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Having no cutaway is not honour. Its just a sign that you have not proven to save your life in a high stress crisis.

??? If your point is that you only know for sure that you can react correctly at a malfunction, after you had one, than I agree with you.
If you tell me that you are a better skydiver when you had x reserve-rides, because your gear or your packing is bad, ...

No surprise that TMs are required to have them.

Sorry but a real cutaway after a malfunction (without another backup canopy) or an intentional cutaway on special gear is not the same thing.

Jurgen

I hope I have 1 not long after I start jumping.

Be careful what you wish for...;)

while visiting a DZ in seattle, I watch a guy have a chop on jump #1. it was a bow tie, and he was given instructions on cutting away from the ground. hell of a jump for jump # 1.

MY last cut-away was 6000 jumps ago.
Pip Redvers has 17,500 sport rig jumps, with ZERO cutaways. (1 total) he has another 1,500 tandem jumps with a couple of cut aways on tandem. My cut aways were about 66 jumps, 1600 jumps, and 6500 jumps.
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

I've noticed spectre canopies with several long time jumpers with 0 cutaways. Anyone know if high performance canopy pilots can reach the same number of jumps (3000+, just to throw out a number) without chopping? I'm guessing it can be done but is a little more rare.

I know a spectre 120 would technically be considered high performance. I just can't see many people jumping a velocity and getting 3000 jumps without a spinner. I could be completely wrong.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Last time Guiness Records was involved they certified Don Kellner carried out his 34,000th skydive on the 13th July, 2003. He's currently over 37,000 jumps. His wife has over 15,000 herself. http://www.dkellner.info/DonKellner.html.
:D

Is it known how many of Don Kellners jumps are hop'n'pops ?

The rumor is that he jumps just about every day that he can. I have no idea what % are hopnpops. Look for his wife to pipe in here again with some corrections. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've noticed spectre canopies with several long time jumpers with 0 cutaways. Anyone know if high performance canopy pilots can reach the same number of jumps (3000+, just to throw out a number) without chopping? I'm guessing it can be done but is a little more rare.

I know a spectre 120 would technically be considered high performance. I just can't see many people jumping a velocity and getting 3000 jumps without a spinner. I could be completely wrong.

There is someone at your home DZ who has over 3000 jumps, 2 rigs with Velocities in them, and no cutaways. Let the guessing game begin!