mitsuman

favorite part of skydiving

personally my favorite part of skydiving is sitting at the edge of the door getting ready to jump out. I LOVE this part, just looking back inside at everyone as they stare at you and giving them the thumbs up or whatever as you jump out is the BEST.

There is no other feeling like realizing you are about to jump. I think this is more exciting than the jump itself.

well so far anyway lol because i only have 2 freaking jumps.

i absolutely love watching the ground as i come towards the door
Hi, my names Jon, and I love to skydive.

The canopy ride and the swoop for sure. There is no feeling like coming out of a turn and rolling down the hill towards the ground/gates/water, giving the rears a slight tweak and just feeling her go, go, go.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Not exactly my 'favorite' part, but a part that still amazes me is the drive TO the DZ...:)

Now... I've been jumping over 30 years but each and every time it's still the same...inside i start feeling more and more excited the closer i get.

Senses seem to come alive in that i notice things with much greater awareness than on any 'ordinary' drive.

Learned a long time ago to somewhat control the emotions or i find myself driving faster and faster the closer i get.

On the other hand, the drives home are often a bit 'fuzzy' sometimes! ;):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Not exactly my 'favorite' part, but a part that still amazes me is the drive TO the DZ...:)

Now... I've been jumping over 30 years but each and every time it's still the same...inside i start feeling more and more excited the closer i get.

Senses seem to come alive in that i notice things with much greater awareness than on any 'ordinary' drive.

Learned a long time ago to somewhat control the emotions or i find myself driving faster and faster the closer i get.

The "horse near the barn syndrome" :D
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

The "horse near the barn syndrome" :D

Never thought of it quite that way Jess...but I think you're right! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'd have to say, the excitement that wells up inside as you feel the plane leave the runway, the comraderie felt right before jump run when everyone's giving eachother high fives etc. ..
the cooooool air when the door opens followed quickly by people whom you barely know but, have some sort of connection with, tossing themselves from the plane. Then, the awesome feeling you get when you look out to spot right before you jump, the speed, the air rushing by you singing a song you can't recite but you know the words to, The control you have over your body in high speed freefall and, the warm comforting feeling you get inside when an open canopy snatches you from certain doom. The breeze on your face when you're zipping around learning how to menuever this piece of nylon overhead, the ground moving seemingly fast underfoot on final approach the decceleration of a weel timed flare, the step down on a nice comfy landing followed by the settling of your canopy to the ground. The walk back to the pick up area while you reflect on waht a great time you had and what's next. The ride back to the hanger exchanging jump tales with a complete stranger. Wondering how long the wait is for the next load and trying to get packed before "now call"!!

The peeople you meet for sure!! The willingness for the comunity to share advice in the name of safety for a newcomer. The stern lectures you get from experienced people when you do something stupid!
The look on the tamndem students faces when they realize they just had the absolute best time of thier lives.

Sounds a bit simple but, I think I love EVERYTHING about this sportB| With 18 jumps in 30 days I think the only thing I don't like is how much it costsB|!!!

Now, back to my ramen noodles. . .

If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

This is not my absolute favorite, but it's something that hasn't been mentioned yet and I find it the most surprising part. I'm less likely to engage in a fight with an asshole. Usually, some asshole is being an asshole and I feel like I have to be an asshole or more of an asshole than him. And believe me, I have the ability to be a major asshole. However, the past few months, I find myself not getting stressed out by the assholes, I think, "Fuck it, don't fight with this asshole. You're jumping from a plane this weekend."

This applies to assholes that are also skydivers, so I'm guessing not everybody has this same feeling I do.

This is not my absolute favorite, but it's something that hasn't been mentioned yet and I find it the most surprising part. I'm less likely to engage in a fight with an asshole. Usually, some asshole is being an asshole and I feel like I have to be an asshole or more of an asshole than him. And believe me, I have the ability to be a major asshole. However, the past few months, I find myself not getting stressed out by the assholes, I think, "Fuck it, don't fight with this asshole. You're jumping from a plane this weekend."

This applies to assholes that are also skydivers, so I'm guessing not everybody has this same feeling I do.

That's a lot of asshole! :D
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

while i thuroughly enjoy it all i've grown particularly fond of the flow.
the time when, not matter how challenging or simple the dive, time seems to slow down, flying seems to be happening naturally and you're fully living in the moment of your jump.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

I was thinking about this today!
Even though about making a thread about whats your favorite part of the skydive! :S
Well, I dont know why, but my favorite part is the break off. The moment when you turn around and track for your life. The bigger the group, the better!!!
The couple of seconds before the exit pump me too. :D

HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Driving home after a good weekend of jumping with no one getting hurt or injured and thinking about how great the jumps were

+1

If I can walk at the end of the day, I'm extremely happy. If I leave in perfection condition, I'm completely estatic. If I have soft stand up landings I'm on top of the world.

From someone that's had multiple knee and ankle surgeries, all I care about is a survivable landing.

Also I love hop n pops with friends, the exits can get VERY interesting by the 5th hop n pop of the day when everyones trying to outdo eachother on video.

The smell of it. As wierd as it might be, I love the smell. I hate being cold, but I love the crisp, clean, cold air on jump run.

I love the blast of wind in the door and the frieght train rush of sound and speed at exit.

I love funnels and chaos on exit.
Owned by Remi #?

i love everything about it. and it's been said but. for some reason my absolute fav part it floating being outside the plane hanging on. the rush. is just awesome. i'm almost allways videoing so i'm usually rear float. but anywhere on the outside. just thinking here I am clinging to the outside of an aircraft going 100 plus miles an hour and in a few seconds I'm gonna let go and FLY!! i guess it's the adrenaline thing everything slowing down
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .