Da_SKiES_R_BLu

I need Some good Questions to ask!!

Second Troll flag tossed.

She certainly has that Troll smell.[:/]

And if not, she provides a good reminder why there are age limits at most DZ and why there should also be age limits for this forum.

Kevin K.

Did anybody ever figure out if she was for real? I thought there were a couple posts from people planning to go out there when she was supposedly doing her first jump.

Well, there *was* a guy on the plane with her and her dad...but of course, he has no profile and only one post on DZ.com.

Of course, then there's the fact that

1) AFAIK, Colorado Skysports does tandems only...and then occasionally will take up an AFF student. But no static line, to my knowledge.

2) As far as non-tandems go, I've heard a lot of people say "they're not really set up for fun jumpers." Of course, that info is a year or so old, and they supposedly now have a King Air, so that may have changed.

3) According to their website, "Due to local laws we cannot accommodate those under 18."

Make of all that what you will.
Signatures are the new black.

I like feeding trolls.

1. What is a SIM and where do I buy one?

2. What SIM chapters should I be fully conversant in at this stage?

3. Would you go over all of the malfunctions with me and drill me on how to handle them until I know them like the back of my hand?

4. Would you go over all the gear components with me and drill me until I know what each and every one does, how it works and what it's for?

5. Would you go over aircraft emergencies with me again and drill me on proper procedures?

6. Would you do again everything I asked in questions 2-5?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't think she's a troll. A troll is not this consistent...or persistent.

As for the questions...they're designed to force you to think for yourself. I hope this doesn't come across as "mean" but when a teacher (any type of teacher) asks a student to "come up with questions" it's specifically designed to force that student to think of the subject herself. In your case, the more questions you can come up with, the more you're thinking about the skydive which, in turn, will help you become a safer jumper.

The people on this thread are right in telling you to come up with some yourself. There was a guy who said, "Visualize the skydive and you'll come up with all sorts of questions." I'd go with that.

One question I had this weekend was, "It seems like I'm learning something new every skydive; does this continue forever?" The coach/AFFi/Ti/DZO with 5000 jumps said that he was still learning. I found this to be true when he and another instructor were discussing winds at 13k. He still asks questions. You'll come up with some.

I like feeding trolls.

3. Would you go over all of the malfunctions with me and drill me on how to handle them until I know them like the back of my hand?

4. Would you go over all the gear components with me and drill me until I know what each and every one does, how it works and what it's for?

5. Would you go over aircraft emergencies with me again and drill me on proper procedures?

Looks like Andy is betting she is a blonde:ph34r::ph34r:

My instructor is a really cool guy. And i appreciate him letting me jump even tho im way young for this adult sport so he gave me quite a bit of homework.
He wants me to come back and i need to have a bunch of questions for him...
Im not really sure what kind of Questions to ask since im new to this sport...any ideas on what to say?? Thanks!!

Ahh. The state of the educational system here in the US. Gives me such hope for the future.

Your instructor did not give you homework because:
USPA requires a set amount of homework per class
You will be taking a standardized test that determines how much funding the DZ gets.

What was the homework? I'm guessing reading the SIM.

You have to realize that doing poorly in this sport doesn't mean bad grades, being cut from cheerleading or being held back a grade (although you may have to repeat a jump or two). A serious enough mistake can have very major consequences. Knowledge and understanding are very important.
You seem to be looking for the "right" questions. As someone else said, do the homework. There will more than likely be parts you won't understand. Those are the questions you need to ask.
2 examples:
#1-Many students want to go through clouds (freefall or under canopy). There are rules for proper cloud clearances and reasons for the rules. Do you know the rules? (in the SIM) And more importantly- Do you understand WHY those rules are in place.
#2-From your and your dad's posts, you are learning to pack. Do you know that the slider has to be ALL the way up when you pack? Again, more important-Do you know WHY. Do you understand the purpose and function of the slider (to take it way farther, different sizes, domed and pocket equipped sliders-why?).

These are examples of the kind of questions you should ask. If you don't know what to do in a situation, ask. If you don't know WHY something is done in a specific manner, ask. If no one else said it, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. (although yours is kind of foolish:)
FWIW-If you are a troll, its a pretty elaborate ruse.
And maybe someone else is wondering the same thing.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Just go hang out at the dropzone and have a chat /watch people pack and fly their canopies.

You have done one jump, there's no need to overburden yourself straight up. Read some of the SIM and if something desperately needs explaining, jot down a note and ask your instructor, but don't stress this early.

You don't need a comprehensive knowledge of the sport straight away, just focus on the very important tasks at hand and stay safe.

well what you obviously didnt see is that i wrote an appology to everyone i was talking to and i am no longer talking to them... Look, i steped up and did the adult thing to do soo PLEASE, leave me alone.

Being sarcastic in your reply isn't how you win friends and positively influence people. Also, in the adult world "I'm sorry" doesn't make everything go away and fix all your transgressions.

You've entered an adult play ground (skydiving) and are conversing with adults on this website. The rules are different than high school and the children there in. Although, at times, skydivers act like the children in high school!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

you got that right! there is way more drama on here then there is in highschool.

Being just 20 years old, it wasn't long ago that I was in high school. Now i'm not claiming to be a mature guy by any means, but damn! I KNOW i acted differently 4 years ago. And I KNOW high school was, is, and always will be filled with drama just because of the ages it encompasses.:S

Now a mature thing to do would be to thank all these people who took time and answered your question honestly and gave you ideas about the SIM, etc etc, instead of only posting to backlash at people you "dont like" or "are mean to you". Doing so you might get more positive feedback than you have so far. :)
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

I like feeding trolls.

a 16 y.o. girl asking her instructors to "drill" her, is not a good idea :ph34r:
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

a 16 y.o. girl asking her instructors to "drill" her, is not a good idea :ph34r:

You're right. There's some out there who probably would.
:D:D:D

Whaaa? You trying to get this moved to Billy's Sick & Twisted thread?
:o;):P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

He wants me to come back and i need to have a bunch of questions for him...
Im not really sure what kind of Questions to ask since im new to this sport...any ideas on what to say??

I'm not going to help you cheat on his test. He want's you to come up with questions for him - it's not the answers to those questions which will educate you or make you a safer skydiver - it's the process you go through in order to come up with the questions.

If you try to short-cut that process and simply get us to do your homework for you... you don't learn jack.

Then one day we may be partly responsible for you going in, or worse - taking someone else out with you.

He asked you to come up with the questions for a reason. I'm not you so can't do it for you. Read the SIM - you'll have your questions, believe me.