t2.3aero

Anyone enjoy opening high

I like opening high more than freefall..no shitting. I also paraglide, but that's a different sensation.

The one fear I always have on a high altitude H+P is having a mal that high up. Kiss your main and freebag goodbye, unles you're willing to follow them for miles and potentially risk a safe landing.

Attached is a photo from when I had about 30 jumps...I do this all the time and even got mocked for always opening high. But you know what? I have spent more time under my canopy than many people with hundreds or thousands of jumps. I have done all kinds of things with it up there, purposely exploring what happens if I do X or Y.

FYI: I left my brakes stowed while I pulled a camera (attached by a safety line) from my jumpsuit and floated around for a while.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

haha good point about your main being gone for good. and i have to agree completely with you though i enjoy the canopy flight as much as the freefall... its totally different feeling... thanks so much for those pics as well one of them is now my background image;) too bad they are not a little bigger.

Some people say "The sky is the limit" .... those people must not skydive..

Whats Ham radio? i assume crew dog is relating to CRW? and was that tip to take a trip to madison for me? is he the type of guy to organize some cross country jumps??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I did a "Cross Country" (Can't remember if it was 5 miles, or 6) with a buddy. Very mellow!:)
But my thing was mainly RW, so we'd take it down as low as reasonable.

The best part of skydiving: You pay for your altitude, what you do with it is your business.B|

I believe you have my stapler.

oooohh man pure jealousy! that sounds awesome that is one thing im pumped to do once i get my A. i want to do some high alt hop n pops. but other than just the fun of it it sems like risk with malfunctions would be far less and much bette decisions would be made tme and altitude on your side.. maybe that will all change after i have 1,000+ jumpsunder my belt though who knows

yeah but if you have a cutaway at 14k, you probably wont ever find your canopy/freebag.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

haha this guy is awesome... i have been there before with bridge jumping ( no parachute) 90- feet . i wonder if he got a way. well this thread went further than i thought it would and i got some useful info and i got even more anxieous for spring! damn i wish i lived in FL,
Some people say "The sky is the limit" .... those people must not skydive..

The highest I have opened was at 6k due to a long spot and a lightly loaded canopy. As soon as it warms up, I am gonna do a altitude H&P. I love being under canopy just as much as freefall. It is just so peaceful and relaxing up there.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

What DZ is that? Awesome scenery. I did the same thing but got 30 sec of video or so without the safety line and almost dropped my phone because my hands were shaking, haha. At about 35 jumps, with an assembly of children below to catch my phone if I dropped it. Just sayin go big or go home. Not dropping a phone when on the ground is cake, under canopy at 12K its really hard, weird.

... Not dropping a phone when on the ground is cake, under canopy at 12K its really hard, weird.

We could start a new thread on the subject: "Should I bring my cellphone with me while skydiving?" I bet it'll be lively.:P

i would say yes, bring it in case you land off. i wouldnt ever use it under canopy though.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

... Not dropping a phone when on the ground is cake, under canopy at 12K its really hard, weird.

We could start a new thread on the subject: "Should I bring my cellphone with me while skydiving?" I bet it'll be lively.:P

i would say yes, bring it in case you land off. i wouldnt ever use it under canopy though.

Hands free voice activated cell phone wouldn't be any different than using a portable amateur radio transceiver, as it was mentioned above.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I don't like opening high. I usually wait til the beer light comes on to get high. I mean if you open high you might get the munchies before you can get down and that'd be a sunofabitch. Plus having cotton mouth is hell. Where are you gonna store something to drink under canopy? :P can't believe I was the first to "misinterpret" the title. lol